• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment |OT| Re:translated and Re:mastered

Tsunamo

Was it confirmed that EU would be receiving the pre-order promotion? If it's not offered, I have no intention of giving Bandai Namco Europe my money. I'll buy it from the U.S. store.
Lost Song's not on the PAL store for pre-order so it's safe to say we're not getting it now. Maybe closer to launch they'll do it, but at this point it's really doubtful.

I need help understanding something.

Im in a battle with a friend like Asuna and there is a popup mesage which says Lets Use a Sword Skill!

Ok so I press `left or right trigger or bumper and then select from the list of 4 skills on the right of the screen? Is that right?

Ive tried doing everything but the message popup to use a sword skill it still there.

Reveirg

Still on the fence about this one, but might pick it up soon. How long is the game (minimum to get through story)?

Which is the better game, this or Lost Song?

Teknoman

I need help understanding something.

Im in a battle with a friend like Asuna and there is a popup mesage which says Lets Use a Sword Skill!

Ok so I press `left or right trigger or bumper and then select from the list of 4 skills on the right of the screen? Is that right?

Ive tried doing everything but the message popup to use a sword skill it still there.

Use any of your special attack sword skills, not the buff/debuff battle skills. You'll know you did it since there will be a special portrait cut in.

Bought it and currently downloading here in the EU! :D Could it be that the servers are busted though? I'm downloading with a measly 100kb/s o.o

Bought it and currently downloading here in the EU! :D Could it be that the servers are busted though? I'm downloading with a measly 100kb/s o.o

PS4 servers are always busted.
Pause and resume the download until it hopefully speeds up at some point. Works most of the time

aember

How do I properly record my OSS?

I just unlocked the ability to do it, but I can only use one skill, the next one always restarts the whole thing.

Hikami

I just unlocked the ability to do it, but I can only use one skill, the next one always restarts the whole thing.

There's like a purple flash at a certain point during a skill, you have to time it right and use the next skill right after that.

anderedna

Wow I just learned that by doing L+R, put the cursor on EXT Onslaught(only once), and press triangle, the sword skill count up by 2 instead of 1. It also skips attack animation. Real handy for grinding sword skill implementation. Thanks gamefaq and GAF users. Bonus: You don't need to release L trigger.

I'm using it at "La Ulpuera Gardens" on insect egg near "Nightmare Beast", while doing quest to kill "Nightmare Beast" in Alevaste Otherworld Area[3rd quest in the list]. Best doing in solo multiplayer mode since dying won't lead to game over.

Hikami

Wow I just learned that by doing L+R, put the cursor on EXT Onslaught(only once), and press triangle, the sword skill count up by 2 instead of 1. It also skips attack animation. Real handy for grinding sword skill implementation. Thanks gamefaq and GAF users. Bonus: You don't need to release L trigger.
damn, thank you.
I saw someone doing this in multiplayer last week but could never figure out how the hell he was skipping the attack animations

too late for me now though lol, think I've done all the sword skill implements already

olaznoG

If i remember correctly, there should be a teleporter in the administration room to another room where you can record your chains.
The benefit of recording first is that its ALOT easier to use the recorded OSS (more time).

Manu

So I just started this and it's surprisingly fun.

Any tips for a noob who doesn't know anything about the game or the anime?

anderedna

damn, thank you.
I saw someone doing this in multiplayer last week but could never figure out how the hell he was skipping the attack animations

too late for me now though lol, think I've done all the sword skill implements already

Yeah, 300 sword skill is a breeze. Less than 5 minutes lol.

Gridman

Neo Member
Solo multiplayer is making implement farming a breeze. You can go to your quest, meet the requirements for the implement, run to another area and the implement will be complete and teleport you back to the communications room. Then just repeat the process for the next one. Not having to wait for a Hollow Mission to respawn is nice too. I'm loving these changes.

I have no idea how this combat system works. Just spam O and things die... I think? There's a ridiculously intimidating 100+skills on the palette menu.

On another hand everybody new to this game: set size to 1 on character creation. Chibi-Kirito makes you feel like you're zipping around like a chipmunk on crack.

Edit: Wow, they really brushed off random people appearing in SAO for no reason. Amnesia? And am I supposed to accept that more people are putting on headsets with microwaves in them willingly?

Kamina777

Banned
So guys, what's a fast way to level? Should I just farm hollow missions in MP?
There's a mission with level 140+ respawning mini trees, i was leveling up sachi there since she seemed to die in every other hollow mission, if you don't kill them at around the same time they respawn one by one and with experience buff and crime servant, she leveled quite fast since we were constantly killing them but not fast enough to beat their respawn rate.

Raxious

There's a mission with level 140+ respawning mini trees, i was leveling up sachi there since she seemed to die in every other hollow mission, if you don't kill them at around the same time they respawn one by one and with experience buff and crime servant, she leveled quite fast since we were constantly killing them but not fast enough to beat their respawn rate.

hmm, u know what the mission is called?

Gridman

Neo Member
Do you not retain your Hollow Points gained while in multiplayer? I had a bit saved up and logged out. When I went back in to work on more implements my points were back to 10.

Hikami

Do you not retain your Hollow Points gained while in multiplayer? I had a bit saved up and logged out. When I went back in to work on more implements my points were back to 10.

I've seen people talking about this on gamefaqs as well, seems to be a bug?
Hasn't happened to me yet though

Abylim

I uploaded my save file on the vita, now when I start the game up on PS4 it gives me error NP-31865-3 when I try to download my save.

Anyone else having this issue? AU here

anderedna

Happened to me every time after I stopped solo multiplayer session. However getting those hollow points are not hard. Just go kill the boss in first area and you'll get around 500 HP. Boss also counted for killing 100 HNM trophy right?

BTW anyone got tips on which mission could be done quickly. Like the target near the teleport stone and is alone. I'm 3/4 on my way for implement trophy. Need for low risk implements.

Hikami

How do I bring up that third menu in the middle of the screen to use a Sword Skill?
I dont see it.
late but, L1 + R1?
That third menu isn't necessarily for sword skills, you can move skills from there to your skill palette at the bottom right and also to the L1 or R1 palettes

Anilusion

Would anybody mind explaining the combat system to me? I did the tutorial but I mostly find myself spamming O and dodging from time to time.

Also, is there any way to zoom out the minimap? And what decides how fast you can run? My speed goes up and down all the time.

Teknoman

Would anybody mind explaining the combat system to me? I did the tutorial but I mostly find myself spamming O and dodging from time to time.

Also, is there any way to zoom out the minimap?

I think its easier to just bring up the full screen map. Imo its just like any mmo (heh) today. Circle to burst + chained sword skill. Use aoe skills / buffs / debuffs /stuns when needed. Use a sword skill when your party member asked to use a combo attack. And Switch when you get high risk on your gauge (drains your agro and lowers risk gauge, letting you do better damage / take less damage).

Cornbread78

OK, so Is it worth it to buy the PS4 version if I;ve already put well over 50 hours into the Vita verson. I believe I'm on like floor86-7 or so....

Will they allow cross buy (w/Vita) with the PS4 version of Last Song?

Hikami

OK, so Is it worth it to buy the PS4 version if I;ve already put well over 50 hours into the Vita verson. I believe I'm on like floor86-7 or so....
I put like 101 hours into the Vita version and still found this worth it just because of online multiplayer, it's pretty fun. All the changes they've made to the game are pretty good as well.
If it's worth it for you? Dunno, you can transfer your save data but not everything would carry over. So it depends if you want to start over with some stuff.
Will they allow cross buy (w/Vita) with the PS4 version of Last Song?
no clue about this though

Raxious

Are you using both exp skills? One of them, crime servant passes all your experience to your partner! You definitely want to keep that off!

Yea I use both of em, I even stopped using the EXP share boost and only use the one that gives me more, still nothing.

Kamina777

Banned
Yea I use both of em, I even stopped using the EXP share boost and only use the one that gives me more, still nothing.
If you're getting a 0 xp indicator, you're either way over level 144 or you're still using the exp skill that gives ALL your exp to your partner and leaves you with 0 every time. It lasts about 2 or 3 minutes I think.

Cornbread78

I put like 101 hours into the Vita version and still found this worth it just because of online multiplayer, it's pretty fun. All the changes they've made to the game are pretty good as well.
If it's worth it for you? Dunno, you can transfer your save data but not everything would carry over. So it depends if you want to start over with some stuff.

no clue about this though

Got ya, if the Last Song is Cross Buy, then I will just do the pre-order if I can find a few bucks to add to my wallet.

Teknoman

Beat the floor 76 boss, but I think I could have done better. Got final hit bonus, but the fight was pretty hectic / wasn't sure how to keep other non-party members from being hit. 2H Axe user.

The vast majority of online rooms being locked is counter productive.

Kamina777

Banned
Beat the floor 76 boss, but I think I could have done better. Got final hit bonus, but the fight was pretty hectic / wasn't sure how to keep other non-party members from being hit. 2H Axe user.

The vast majority of online rooms being locked is counter productive.
Keep getting those final hit bonuses, you get good loot from it Most of the time. I think people are worried about dealing with someone who doesn't have a mic throwing off any strategy.

anderedna

Finally managed to kill one HNM, the Kobold Lord, managed to do last hit and got an armor as reward. I'm playing multiplayer solo. Will it count towards the 100 HNM trophy or do I need to team up with another party?

Kamina777

Banned
I think making sword arts work on a cool down may have killed part of the fun in this game..OSS combos that I saw being done with the original vita version are impossible now; even with all the cool down reducing skills.
I wonder if they'll adjust things back with enough Noise from fans..

just started this game. Any like beginner tips? I have no idea on how to do quest from friends or whatever. I just finally got control of my character and on my way to the tower.

Abdiel

I'm going to be share-playing this game to another GAFer this weekend so they can get a feel for it before buying it. I've been playing a lot the last few days, I'm at about 40 hours in, haha.

If anyone has specific questions, you can add me and if I'm playing, I'll be happy to party chat and give some advice. My PSN is Darcion

Also: http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/734608-sword-art-online-hollow-fragment/faqs/71183?page=1 This FAQ has a ton of useful info taken from the Vita version. It's almost entirely the same, but doesn't account for the actual MP element being present.

Top Bottom