• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Dre to Release New Album as 'Straight Outta Compton' Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Xzibit going off like it's 2002 all over again...

fist-pump.gif

When I search for anything in Apple Music, I get a blank page. Same with Radio and New...Any ideas?

From upthread.

if you have iTunes already installed, when you click that link, click the little gray "I have iTunes" button and there you go.

Should just load up and start playing instantly.

edit: This album is threatening to become a fuckin' radio drama half the time.

finished it

Dr Dre is 3/3 on dope albums. Detox never happen, but this shit did, and because it didn't have any kind of built-up mythical expectations, it made all more powerful when it turned out to be a banger.

finished it

Dr Dre is 3/3 on dope albums. Detox never happen, but this shit did, and because it didn't have any kind of built-up mythical expectations, it made all more powerful when it turned out to be a banger.
probably because most of it is stuff that was going to be on detox anyway but by distancing himself from it people won't have the expectations that went with it.

Ashhong

Turns out you can fast forward on iPhone from the lockscreen. The scrollbar shows and you can skip around. Can't skip to any point exactly, more like to each song

SliChillax

I'm going to get reported to death but this album sounds so inconsistent my ears are tired after listening to it just once. Sounds to me like a clusterfuck of beats smashed together on some songs, not feeling it.

Wasn't expecting to like it anyway, been disappointed with most hip hop releases for the past 10 years.

Edit: Or it's probably my shitty stream that makes it sound worse since iTunes streaming isn't working.

Edit 2: The album is definitely too cluttered, it's as if Dre tried too hard to impress me and ended up tripping while making the beats.

Courage

Finished with my first listen

luvWyvp.gif

Production is great for the most part. Can't shake off how cheesy it sounds, with the hooks, some of those verses; considering the theme of the album and the fact that its a movie soundtrack, it makes sense. Kendrick does a good job, minus the screaming. Pretty much what I expected overall.

Weetrick

This album is great so far. Hard to believe I was 13 when the last one came out.

Fire! Or whatever the kids say these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom