• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: NA Special Edition announced.

I fixed the box art.

Dnn55n5.png

AniHawk

This guy made $350 off two of them... These damn scampers man.

after all paypal and ebay take, minus the cost of the game and shipping it to them, they probably made about $100 off selling two. and that's not if they were paying packaging and shipping costs out to the people they sold it to, which could eat up another $20-30 or so.

Have my standard copy paid off at work, but I pre-ordered the special edition on Amazon just encase we don't get any in our system or if it's web in store only.

Capra

Figures this happens the day of my brother's wedding. Hopefully they'll get more stock as people shift pre-orders to other retailers later on - this whole package looks slick!

RPGCrazied

That sucks, but as other have said, keep checking other places. They said retailers, and it only went up for sale on Amazon. Sure more places will show up today or soon? And yeah, scalpers suck. I don't know why retailers when it comes to CE's or LE's to just limit one per customer, per address.

Thank god I was one of the first person to buy it when the link was posted.

And yay, the USB does have custom LED's and lights up. Still don't know size though.

jorgejjvr

What, how did I miss this, I recently found out about it. Please tell me you can still pre order somewhere??

I can't find it online in any retailers?

mrmickfran

What, how did I miss this, I recently found out about it. Please tell me you can still pre order somewhere??

I can't find it online in any retailers?
Since Nintendo said "select retailers", we're assuming that there will be more opportunities, It's just that other stores don't have preorders set up yet.

Capra

Getting it from Amazon would be ideal for me because I have a shitload of gift credit stocked up there and can't justify dropping $90 on a game otherwise, but yeah, we'll wait and see what happens.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
after all paypal and ebay take, minus the cost of the game and shipping it to them, they probably made about $100 off selling two. and that's not if they were paying packaging and shipping costs out to the people they sold it to, which could eat up another $20-30 or so.

Couldn't the seller just change the shipping address on the amazon order to the buyer's before release?

I'm amazed this wasn't taken down as eBay implemented a rule that pre orders cannot be sold on auction unless they are 30 days away from the release date. And Xenoblade is like 120 days away.

I know eBay shut down a bunch of Fallout 4 Pip Boy auctions because of this. Maybe Xenoblade is just less known so it slipped under the radar.

RPGCrazied

I'm amazed this wasn't taken down as eBay implemented a rule that pre orders cannot be sold on auction unless they are 30 days away from the release date. And Xenoblade is like 120 days away.

I know eBay shut down a bunch of Fallout 4 Pip Boy auctions because of this. Maybe Xenoblade is just less known so it slipped under the radar.

I want to report that listing, what reason would I choose? There is a bunch here. Never reported someone on eBay before.

shoplifter

As someone who has had the game preordered from Amazon for over a year already it'd have been nice to have them notify us and give us first crack.

Sucks cause I was in the middle of a 500 mile road trip.

gpn

Gpn has brought shame into this thread

I apologize for my shame in forgetting...

IMG_3407s_zpsjrhdlruh.jpg

Just don't ask about the CREID and Xenogears -MYTH- CDs, and Japanese guide books; those are packed away in storage.

I do have a problem... I don't have a copy of Soma Bringer. ;)

tebunker

Banned
I can't be the only one underwhelmed by this? Granted it's only a $20 upcharge for an art book art card and USB drive so it's not outrageous but it hardly screams must have.

I would have paid $100 to have the full OST, art book and something like a Skell version of a gundam model kit. Something really stands out.

For people to pay double the price on eBay is silly. Got to step back and think about what you're buying here.

KHlover

Banned
I can't be the only one underwhelmed by this? Granted it's only a $20 upcharge for an art book art card and USB drive so it's not outrageous but it hardly screams must have.

I would have paid $100 to have the full OST, art book and something like a Skell version of a gundam model kit. Something really stands out.

For people to pay double the price on eBay is silly. Got to step back and think about what you're buying here.

Well for starters a 4 CD soundtrack already is somewhere in the realms of $50, so your Limited Edition would have been somewhere around $130, not $100.

Jarmel

Banned
Well for starters a 4 CD soundtrack already is somewhere in the realms of $50, so your Limited Edition would have been somewhere around $130, not $100.

Considering the soundtrack has been released for a long ass time now, I see no reason why they would charge full price. Not to mention things such as digital vs physical.

Ridley327

Considering the soundtrack has been released for a long ass time now, I see no reason why they would charge full price. Not to mention things such as digital vs physical.

Boy, I would to love to live in the world where video game OSTs depreciate in value.

Ridley327

Thankfully we do. Just depends on how long you're willing to wait I guess.

I always get scared about the possibility to sell some of the valuable ones that I have, because they keep steadily going up. The No More Heroes soundtrack is around $100 right now; who knows where it will be next year.

Top Bottom