• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

frontieruk

Hopefully the patch on Tuesday will make this all a non-issue.

I wouldn't count on it.

It's easily re-creatable on multiple cars which suggests its a fault in the simulation, which means it'll take some testing to not affect the simulation, it's more likely they will ban the cars from the leaderboards but the hoppers will be full of them :(

So is it one car for the entire series or we can pick a new car each time?

I wouldn't count on it.

It's easily re-creatable on multiple cars which suggests its a fault in the simulation, which means it'll take some testing to not affect the simulation, it's more likely they will ban the cars from the leaderboards but the hoppers will be full of them :(

T10 has known about this issue, in part, since the early release.

So while I agree it'll take some time, it's been more than three weeks.

Also, T10 banned two or three cars at most and then simply stopped, which makes me think they shifted their attention to the root problem.

Lego Boss

Bought this at the weekend. I've always disliked Forza in the past due to its sterility, but this is a thing of beauty. The Bernese Alps, Watkins Glen, just magnificent.

Then the rain. I just love how the cars kick up water and you are basically driving on telepathy.

Then there's the showcases 1979 M1 Procar is a monster.

Great game.

Just a question. Are there are any competitions where you actually have to compete for points? It's the only oversight so far.

frontieruk

So is it one car for the entire series or we can pick a new car each time?

cars change after 4 races, as we wrap that mini league up.

There may even be forced changes as we have themed events ;)

T10 has known about this issue, in part, since the early release.

So while I agree it'll take some time, it's been more than three weeks.

Also, T10 banned two or three cars at most and then simply stopped, which makes me think they shifted their attention to the root problem.

The last they acknowledged it only 3 cars were listed, that list is growing which hints at it being sim not car related being it affects E/D/C and B class cars its pretty embedded, I hope your right and they do fix it, I just see more glitches coming from this first patch than it fixes.

cars change after 4 races, as we wrap that mini league up.

Is fine-tuning between the 4 races allowed? Like downforce or close-ratio to wide ratio gears?
Personally I think I'm against it, unless we're using race-cars where it's realistic, but it probably won't be much of an issue either way; the differences between drivers and pro-made tunes vs. self-made tunes will be a bigger factor, I guess.

Noobcraft

Thank you. Any chance we get to know the other three races in advance?
Zorbsie posted this a few pages back:
"Here are the 4 tracks we'll be racing to help you pick a car.
Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop Reverse
Indy - Grand Prix Circuit
Circuit America - East Route
Laguna Seca - Full Circuit"

Thanks. Considering this is the slowest OT in the history of GAF, I'm surprised I missed it. :p

RoKKeR

I'd like to sign up for the league as well! RoKKeR IV. Might not be able to make it every week but hopefully I can hop on for a race here and there.

Noobcraft

So my approximate times around each track are currently the following:
Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop Reverse: 56:500 (Expecting ~51:500 out of P3tran)
Indy - Grand Prix Circuit: 1:43:800
Circuit America - East Route: 58:900 (P3tran ~56:200 in his Golf)
Laguna Seca - Full Circuit: 1:49:000 (P3tran 1:42:000 in his golf)

I used one tune that covered all the events.

frontieruk

So my approximate times around each track are currently the following:
Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop Reverse: 56:500 (Expecting ~51:500 out of P3tran)
Indy - Grand Prix Circuit: 1:43:800
Circuit America - East Route: 58:900 (P3tran ~56:200 in his Golf)
Laguna Seca - Full Circuit: 1:49:000 (P3tran 1:42:000 in his golf)

I used one tune that covered all the events.

P3tran reckons ~53secs is the best for a non glitched car for Rio so you might find it ;)

And as ive already said im fairly certain you can tune per race this series, so no need for one tune to rule them all, we're just avoiding drivetrain swaps to prevent PI glitch races, this may not be the case in future events where you may have to deal with stock or a pre-determined tune...

But that's further away, let's enjoy the C class and the freedom it brings.

Aww, no night races or rain. Then nobody will see the sick rally headlights of my Lancia 037 Stradale (a horizontal Tetris-block of 4 exploding suns!) in their rear-view mirror :(

No, but good track selection for high-end C-class! Good job.

Need to find my car and get it ready for the races! I really hope I can make most of them but Saturday on kid weeks is a very difficult thing to do.

Noobcraft

My body is ready. Also I'm the self appointed representative of DriveclubGAF so bring your A game.
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

zorbsie

Master work Noobcraft. :)
I was thinking of adding weather later on. How do you guys want to have it done? Not knowing in advance or to be told there will be rain?

Also the current list of racers in ForzaGAF league:
Noobcraft
GHG - Maybe. You don't need all your sleep. :)
SkinnerSw33t
RawNuts
jello44
GoaThief
Psyrgery ES
Banglish
frontieruk
danowat - I'll put you on the list even though you'll be in Iceland.
P3tran - Can't reply here, but come on, he's in.
Zvonimir Boban
Grimmsticks
TylerDurden4321
soundscream - Changed it to Saturday for you bud. :)
Stevey
Shortt Sirket
Evo X
EBreda
willbsn13
BIGT468
Simbo
CrudeDiatribe - Sorry dude I forgot to add you :)
Devildoll
ilikesanta
RoKKeR

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
That's his glitched car if you are looking at the leaderboards, talking to him yesterday he said a good time is in the ~53 second range

52's are doable. Depends on how brave you are through the chicane and how good your car control is at the 2 main braking areas.

Also you can count me in for the gaf league races. At least on most sundays I can go back to sleep.

RoKKeR

Also for the league races am I allowed to snag a tune from one of the many put up by other players? Or do I have to make it myself? I usually just strategize with part upgrades but don't bother with the minutia of tuning each little thing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
After a 3rd try, I finally got the Lotus E23 F1 Car in the level up spin.

...I quickly found a Ferrari F1 livery to slap on it. ;P

danowat

Banned
Sweet. Do we know what's in it?

Nope, there is a guess thread on FM.net though.

Clues are

Clue 1

"I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill"

Clue 2

I am compelled to tell you the truth. I am very excited to see this car in Forza 6.

Clue 3

This car has no business on the race track, but we know you will enjoy racing it.

Clue 4

Rules changes drive innovation.

Clue 5

This car will hurt your ears, it will be painful to drive, but it will all be worth it.

After a 3rd try, I finally got the Lotus E23 F1 Car in the level up spin.

...I quickly found a Ferrari F1 livery to slap on it. ;P

The F1 is the only good car I have won that I wanted so far in about 40 spins, every time there's a jackpot available the game lands me on 1k credits instead :p

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Nope, there is a guess thread on FM.net though.

Clues are

Clue 1

"I found my thrill on Blueberry Hill"

Clue 2

I am compelled to tell you the truth. I am very excited to see this car in Forza 6.

Clue 3

This car has no business on the race track, but we know you will enjoy racing it.

Clue 4

Rules changes drive innovation.

Clue 5

This car will hurt your ears, it will be painful to drive, but it will all be worth it.
I'm hoping to see the Koeingsegg Agera R. The vanilla Agera that we had since Forza Horizon 1 is annoying me.

That and a Lykan Hypersport.

I really, REALLY want the Koeingsegg One:1. That could would be so fuckin incredible to drive in Forza.

I bet they won't put a One:1 in and go for the Regera.

Other missing cars that I personally am not toooo hot for, but I feel should be in a game like Forza are

- BMW i8 (and the F80 M3, but only supercars listed here)
- Audi R8 (2016)
- McLaren 675 LT
- Honda NSX (2015)
- Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Aston Martin DBR10 (or Vulcan)
- Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003
- and most of all the Ferrari 488.
(for me a Chaparral 2J and an original Citroën DS please)

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Btw. what happened with the new Focus RS, didn't they even have a livery contest for that and now it's not in the game? I can only imagine it will come as free DLC later on.

Klocker

I bet they won't put a One:1 in and go for the Regera.

Other missing cars that I personally am not toooo hot for, but I feel should be in a game like Forza are

- BMW i8 (and the F80 M3, but only supercars listed here)
- Audi R8 (2016)
- McLaren 675 LT
- Honda NSX (2015)
- Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Aston Martin DBR10 (or Vulcan)
- Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003
- and most of all the Ferrari 488.

(for me a Chaparral 2J and an original Citroën DS please)

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Btw. what happened with the new Focus RS, didn't they even have a livery contest for that and now it's not in the game? I can only imagine it will come as free DLC later on.

yes please

danowat

Banned
I reckon the 488, the GTR nismo and the I8 are all good shouts for this pack.

But we will also likely get dross like the Cadillac limo and the DS3=

Top Bottom