• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

I like, already said a bit on gryvan:

Hmm... Prolly, like, gryvan. He took like, a really long time to show up and then like, placed the world's safest vote. I mean, like, why would you vote that way when it's suuuuuuuper clear that that's totally not gonna happen?

But I'll like, give you more so that not everything about me is skimpy.

Darklighter's response strikes me as like, someone who's still playing catchup and is just trying to shift some of the heat because like, the longer he stayed silent the worse it would look. And at least he like, voted at all, even if it wasn't suuuuuper sensical.

Meanwhile gryvan took like, almost as long to show up and yet still voted for no death, which like totally strikes me as suspicious because the majority of the townspeople are dyno for death. Why not just like, not vote at all instead of voting for something with like zero chance of happening?

If I had to like, list my top 3 most suspicious right now I'd probably say, like, gryvan, Darklighter and Pop. I'm like totally gonna keep my eye on others as well though.

Sorian

Banned

Darklighter's response strikes me as like, someone who's still playing catchup and is just trying to shift some of the heat because like, the longer he stayed silent the worse it would look. And at least he like, voted at all, even if it wasn't suuuuuper sensical.

Meanwhile gryvan took like, almost as long to show up and yet still voted for no death, which like totally strikes me as suspicious because the majority of the townspeople are dyno for death. Why not just like, not vote at all instead of voting for something with like zero chance of happening?

If I had to like, list my top 3 most suspicious right now I'd probably say, like, gryvan, Darklighter and Pop. I'm like totally gonna keep my eye on others as well though.

It's interesting that you use the bolded as a reasoning. It actually cooled me off from Gryvan instead. Maybe he didn't completely grasp the implication of what he did but he stood up to everyone with that vote quite sturdily and that doesn't come off as something scum would do. Someone coming in with a No Lynch vote especially the way he did is a prime target for lynching and I'd think scum would rather stay within the pack of voting for a death as opposed to being outside of it.

As a follow up, do you expect Dark to contribute more today? What would your reaction be if he ducked out for the rest of the day phase?

Also, just because it's me, <insert boob joke> for that line about not everything being skimpy.

Oh my gawd Fire, that's like, a totally good point. If you want me to like, switch my vote back I could defo do that. It'd prolly be more useful than like, putting my vote on someone who has no other votes despite that someone being suuuuuper shady.

Oh my gawd Fire, that's like, a totally good point. If you want me to like, switch my vote back I could defo do that. It'd prolly be more useful than like, putting my vote on someone who has no other votes despite that someone being suuuuuper shady.

You are currently not doing yourself any favours...

Anyway, since Darklighter hasn't given me more (despite me asking him), I"ll just

vote: Darklighter

Warxard

Banned
Meant to quote this too. You didn't answer my last question. Me or Ferret, who do you vote for? Who is scummier to you?

Sorian, you ability to at least guide the newcomers is admirable, if not a bit pushy. Still you're doing well to help so I feel the scummier one in this scenario would be Ferret.

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: ScraftyDevil

You sound more like you care about being involved in the winning vote than voting for scum. I fell for this trap in MGS and you were town there so this is just how you play and I understand that but I am going to park my vote here for now. I still don't like how your vote left Dark and I'm really not feeling satisfied with this conversation so far. My vote on Boo Boo expired awhile ago for my purposes so this probably makes more sense with my stance at the moment.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian, you ability to at least guide the newcomers is admirable, if not a bit pushy. Still you're doing well to help so I feel the scummier one in this scenario would be Ferret.

Also I'm noting this post but I have no further questions for you at this time (I think, need to go back and make sure).

Fireblend

Banned

I'm not deciding for you, and you're not earning any buddy points from me for that offering.

Feels like you just want someone to die and get on with it. Scummy Scrafty

Ty4on

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

Just seems like someone with very safe opinions. I'll be busy the next hour and might post something more detailed later tonight.

TL21xx

Banned
I don't like this post. We're far past the point where RNG votes don't make much sense - their whole point is to get us talking and prodding other people, so you pretty much wasted yours, and justifying your vote on Seath on RNG doesn't look good. I'm not sure what you mean with the bolded either. I'll be waiting for those reads and activity increase you're offering.

I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree. RNG votes are for starting conversation, but it's hard to want to change when you haven't gotten any word out of the individual you poked. The main goal of day 1 is to get people talking as much as possible to get a feel for how they are going to play the game. The more you get up front, the easier it is to find inconsistency down the line. At this point in the game, nothing can be taken as true because no night actions exist to prove someone right or wrong. Everything is heresay. Therefor, the best course of action IMO is to get people to establish a baseline for their MO for the game.

As a result, I am feeling very positive about Sorian, Scrafty, and yourself Fireblend. Your post counts are high, but they have been very good at getting conversation started.

The two people I was feeling really iffy about were AbsoluteBro and Seath, but both have explained their lack of activity is due to external circumstances, so I will give them the benefit of a doubt for now.

Speaking of which, Unvote: Seath

I'm interested in what Ty4on has to say about Mike_Hawk. Very uneasy about him and Scrafty. I also don't like Darklighter's shortness with Sorian, but that could well just be newbie nerves.

Oh, and for posting this,

ylnOuKy.gif

you're now on my good side Pop.

16170%20-%20Raw%20batista%20thumbs_up%20wwe.png

I'm trying to get a feel for you and really all I've seen is a tunnel on Scrafty, you seem dead set on voting for her and that's your choice so feel free but who is your second choice at this time?

Hard to call. Would probably agree with the assessment that Mike_Hawk is playing it a little too safe. Would also probably be worried about Darklighter and how little he responded to the pressure that was put on him if it wasn't for the fact that he was apparently completely inactive on GAF period before now...

Howdy neighbors!

That bolt a lightning sure did screw up my noggin something fierce, so if i don't be recalling y'all names or identities or anything else for that matter, i hope y'all understand that i don't mean nothing by it.

Also don't be minding the obtuse growth on my left clavicle, im sure it wont be involved in any sudden surprise's later down the line.
Though i do have a puke bucket on hand if you do find it to be making you as nauseous as it does me.
I read this whole this as Old Man McGucket and it was glorious.

We have a doctor, we've never had a mafia game without a doctor so I know it's there and they would then have a great target to protect each night.

Star Wars didn't have a doctor, though we did have the armorers. Even if you count that, we shouldn't really assume that we have one now, even if I agree that we likely do.

This one, though, is laid on a lot more thickly and therefore feels like if she knew how to play it she could really manipulate the town on how we view her and her opinions.
I will say it's making getting a read considerably more difficult.

Nice Avatar! Subtle
<3

In game thoughts:

I find the posters being selected for being "low post count" posters kind of interesting. Not who gets selected is almost as interesting as who didn't get selected. Trying to earn points by calling out their illicit companions, or trying to paint a target on an innocent resident of Night Vale. Guess we'll see...

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

My love for Gravity Falls will not blind me to your low input!

(I realize you are on pretty much the other side of the world from me, but bring it on!)

I do want to make a serious comment for a minute here, especially to newer players. I know early on it can be intimidating to throw your opinions out. I mean, look at the difference between my posts in When Death is on the Line and Star Wars. WDiotL I basically said nothing because "omg, what if I'm wrong and we lynch a town and that makes me look suspicious!" Well, simple fact: you will be wrong. You will be wrong, and we will lynch town players. Unless we are the most awesome team in the history of this game, that is going to happen. You gotta get past that worry. Put your opinions out there, put your thoughts out there and put your votes out there. You might be wrong, you might be right. But in the end, you're helping no matter what. And remember, you win or lose by your team. If you're town and die, but town still gets rid of all the scum, you still win dead. It takes some getting used to, to change that mindset of "I have to survive and play". But basically what I'm saying is "don't worry about being wrong".

Sorian

Banned
I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully disagree. RNG votes are for starting conversation, but it's hard to want to change when you haven't gotten any word out of the individual you poked. The main goal of day 1 is to get people talking as much as possible to get a feel for how they are going to play the game. The more you get up front, the easier it is to find inconsistency down the line. At this point in the game, nothing can be taken as true because no night actions exist to prove someone right or wrong. Everything is heresay. Therefor, the best course of action IMO is to get people to establish a baseline for their MO for the game.

As a result, I am feeling very positive about Sorian, Scrafty, and yourself Fireblend. Your post counts are high, but they have been very good at getting conversation started.

The two people I was feeling really iffy about were AbsoluteBro and Seath, but both have explained their lack of activity is due to external circumstances, so I will give them the benefit of a doubt for now.

Speaking of which, Unvote: Seath

I'm interested in what Ty4on has to say about Mike_Hawk. Very uneasy about him and Scrafty. I also don't like Darklighter's shortness with Sorian, but that could well just be newbie nerves.

So which is it, do you feel good about Scrafty or do you feel uneasy about her? Did you not post this to scum chat for editing before putting it in here?

Coppanuva

Well looks like a lot of talking went on since I last checked in! I'll be reading over it and posting thoughts in a bit. I've been in meetings all morning, glad to be out of them!

RetroMG

I read this whole this as Old Man McGucket and it was glorious.

My love for Gravity Falls will not blind me to your low input!

Fun fact: This setup (more or less) was a Gravity Falls game before it was a Night Vale game. Palmer and I are in talks for a GF game in a future season, so stay tuned for that.

Sorian

Banned
Fun fact: This setup (more or less) was a Gravity Falls game before it was a Night Vale game. Palmer and I are in talks for a GF game in a future season, so stay tuned for that.

I really want Blarg to do the gravity fall games. It's too perfect.

Coppanuva

There's no intentional strategy in this, just clumsy playing. I'm still finding the balance in being proactive and thoughtful. I rushed to post without reading some of the posts closely enough. The fact that the topic of roles had already been discussed was an oversight on my part.

As I said above, I wasn't being very thoughtful of my phrasing.

So your roleclaim was still just you balancing being proactive and thoughtful? I'm not 100% convinced (since it was extremely rash, 2 minutes between Squidy's post and yours). I'm not saying you're the top of my list because of it, but I'm not letting it slide so easily.

I haven't posted as much for a couple of reasons. Mainly due to work on a major CG project, but also because when I was able to hop onto the thread, there was nothing to really dig into at the time. So it's just rather unfortunate timing.

I am mainly focusing on Seath because the RNG told me to. It's day 1 and I like to take full advantage of the fact that nothing is truly for sure. The more discussion we have, the better chance we have at getting the town pulled together. On the plus side, I should be far more available tomorrow to sound off on my own reads so far. But I need to hit the sack. Way too late to give a decent read. I'll be back on the saddle tomorrow.

I'm curious what you think jumps out to you. You have 44 hours as of this post to bring something up. What did you want Seath to comment on? Anything in particular? Despite your zeroing in you never really brought up any questions or asked him anything, only that he post more.

Darklighter finally showed up and only like, raised more questions than he answered but I made a promise to [Sorian (TownLeaderGuy, I'm assuming that's who you're referring to)] that I'd change my vote if Lightie showed up and I'm totally a woman of my word!

(I edited and translated this post because eh, I had to). I'm not a fan of you removing a vote because someone suggested you to. Vote where your thoughts are, not "Oh I won't vote because I told X I would, it's all HIS fault". I'll agree he raised more questions than he answered, and he tried to brush it off like Ferret did, all "Hey I'm here. Thanks for the votes." and then did nothing. It's not quite as convincing since he hasn't contributed anything else. I'm willing to give him a bit of time to post something meaningful, but it's also getting concerning. If we eventually get to a point where we have to lynch a relatively unknown figure, I'd rather do it sooner than later personally.

TL21xx

Banned
So which is it, do you feel good about Scrafty or do you feel uneasy about her? Did you not post this to scum chat for editing before putting it in here?

Oh god, I can't believe I did that xP

I feel very uneasy about Scrafty. I had typed up the first sentence before reading more of the thread dialogue and forgot to go back and change that before posting. Sorry, I've been working on that aforementioned CG project the past couple of days and am a bit spaced as a result (
that would make a killer cover for a future...
NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!! Real talk: It's for my reel for graduate school, so it's kind of a big deal
). It's currently rendering and may take about 30(!) hours to wrap up, so I apologize for the minor mistake.

I'm curious what you think jumps out to you. You have 44 hours as of this post to bring something up. What did you want Seath to comment on? Anything in particular? Despite your zeroing in you never really brought up any questions or asked him anything, only that he post more.

Quite literally anything my friend. When the RNGods chose Seath for me, I simply wanted to hear anything from Seath to get the conversation started. Seeing as he is currently limited by his internet connection, I can understand the silence a bit better, but am still coy on the fact that his response was "I'll read more". To be fair, I can empathize due to my little stint in Dagonronpa. That being said, this game is moving at a much slower pace so far (at least for now), so I hope to hear more from him soon to be able to get a read.

I know I've said this in every post so far, but I can't stress it enough. The sooner you get people talking, the better it is for town. It doesn't have to be much, but it gets conversation going. I am not really commenting on a lot of what's going on at the moment because I know I'm not in the position to be able to read a lot into the posts just yet. That's more what day 2 is for.

TL21xx

Banned
Also Coppa, I somehow managed to miss your post discussing my voting intentions earlier, my apologies!

I tend to lean towards lynch day 1. I am willing to take the risk if it means an early town advantage. I am out for information more than blood, but if we get a light scum read, I'm down for putting some pressure on them.

Trigger

So your roleclaim was still just you balancing being proactive and thoughtful? I'm not 100% convinced (since it was extremely rash, 2 minutes between Squidy's post and yours). I'm not saying you're the top of my list because of it, but I'm not letting it slide so easily.

No, I wasn't referring to that post specifically with my balancing comment. My reply to squidy was a quick joke.

I see your vote is still on Trigger, how are you feeling about the vote right now?

The vote as in my vote? Or the votes in general?
Concerning mine I'll keep it on Trigger and keeping an eye on Scrafty although reading her persona's post are fucking annoying lol

It's like, day one. All of our information is based on like, hunches and assumptions. I just want my vote to like, matter instead of sitting alone on someone who has like, no pressure to talk.

Making your vote count is good, but the way you're doing it or explain it is like if you are trying to gain trust between people maybe since you're hiding something?

VOTE: Mike_Hawk689

Just seems like someone with very safe opinions. I'll be busy the next hour and might post something more detailed later tonight.

What's wrong with safe opinions?

Sorian

Banned
The vote as in my vote? Or the votes in general?
Concerning mine I'll keep it on Trigger and keeping an eye on Scrafty although reading her persona's post are fucking annoying lol

As in your vote, yes, the actual landscape of votes right now is extremely fluid and unstable so it doesn't mean much long term, I was just more curious about if you thought Trigger was still your best bet.

Mazre

Just a reminder we are less than 48 hours till deadline. Keep in mind that due to timezones etc there may not be that many opportunities for exchanges between certain players remaining.

My current plan for the evening is to take another pass through the thread, put together a read, and cast a vote (been on the sideline too long.)

Mazre

I do want to make a serious comment for a minute here, especially to newer players. I know early on it can be intimidating to throw your opinions out. I mean, look at the difference between my posts in When Death is on the Line and Star Wars. WDiotL I basically said nothing because "omg, what if I'm wrong and we lynch a town and that makes me look suspicious!" Well, simple fact: you will be wrong. You will be wrong, and we will lynch town players. Unless we are the most awesome team in the history of this game, that is going to happen. You gotta get past that worry. Put your opinions out there, put your thoughts out there and put your votes out there. You might be wrong, you might be right. But in the end, you're helping no matter what. And remember, you win or lose by your team. If you're town and die, but town still gets rid of all the scum, you still win dead. It takes some getting used to, to change that mindset of "I have to survive and play". But basically what I'm saying is "don't worry about being wrong".

Also wanted to say that this is excellent advice.

As in your vote, yes, the actual landscape of votes right now is extremely fluid and unstable so it doesn't mean much long term, I was just more curious about if you thought Trigger was still your best bet.

So far yes. Like I said earlier, Trigger's post about being just an ordinary town won't stick with me. Scrafty's play is interesting playing dumb tourist but I rather see the development of her character after N1. Are hints gonna come out from her posts or just distracting teenage school girl talk

gryvan

Dear Diary,

This town is like, sooooooo weird.

First thing in the morning we all got to spin this like, big round thingy to decide who we could put votes on. It told me to vote for like, this guy named Darklighter and I'd have to be like, totally bugging to disobey a big spinny thing so that's who I voted for!

Later I found that like, whoever gets the most votes doesn't win a prize but instead gets like, subjected to a horrible and untimely death filled with unimaginable agony. Soooooooo, not totally stoked for that. I decided to like, keep my vote where it was because if anyone dies I'd rather it be like, someone I've never met. Guilt is totally unfab, you know.

So like, anyway, then this weird guy named Pop-o-something voted for me and like, tried to get into my pants or something. Barf! He seems like, totally shady so I should probably keep an eye out for him.

Darklighter fiiiiiiiinally showed up and only like, raised more questions than he answered but I made a promise to this like, town leader guy that I'd change my vote if Lightie showed up and I'm totallly a woman of my word!

I like, wonder if they'll accept this page as a valid ballot. Teehee, that almost like, rhymed! I'm like, such a modern poet.

Love and peace,

Lucy "Scrafty" Diablos

VOTE: gryvan

This is like the best post I've seen all day! I couldn't reply until I got home but when i read it from my phone I was like oh man this is hilarious!! nitpicking on everyone and then BAM i get lynched.

Technically since 4 days of real life = 1 day in nightvale, I posted at least 6 hour a day. Now if you further divide that up, you see that I make a post between 1.5 hour - 3 hours every 12 hours. So me showing up took a long time is completely a lie in terms of nightvale hour unless you believe that 1.5hour - 3 hour is a long time. If it bothers you that much, I can talk between 1 hour - 2 hour in nightvale times.

If I had an option to not vote at all in day 1, I would definitely go for that!! but the closest thing I can do right now is no lynch. Currently I do have a couple people suspicious but I don't want to tell it to town right away because I don't have anything concrete to back up my statement.

I had to get rid of highlight just in case I get flagged as voting for myself

gryvan

I wanna correct the first quote and say that

"Nitpicking the ones she thinks is suspicious and BAM I get voted to lynch"

Sorian

Banned
If I had an option to not vote at all in day 1, I would definitely go for that!! but the closest thing I can do right now is no lynch. Currently I do have a couple people suspicious but I don't want to tell it to town right away because I don't have anything concrete to back up my statement.

Highlight tags inside of quotes don't get marked by the system so you are good there, no worries.

I'm going to tell you why this is a terrible idea. If you die tonight, we have absolutely nothing to read from you which only hurts us. No one saying anything has anything concrete at the moment but giving reads is 100% the game here. Without people giving reads and having connections then your death would mean nothing and obviously not contributing does nothing for you being alive.

Currently I do have a couple people suspicious but I don't want to tell it to town right away because I don't have anything concrete to back up my statement.

This is sort of what I'm referring to in my post. Don't be afraid to put your thoughts out there. You don't need concrete evidence to out your thoughts out there, and putting them out there will always be useful to town.

gryvan

Highlight tags inside of quotes don't get marked by the system so you are good there, no worries.

I'm going to tell you why this is a terrible idea. If you die tonight, we have absolutely nothing to read from you which only hurts us. No one saying anything has anything concrete at the moment but giving reads is 100% the game here. Without people giving reads and having connections then your death would mean nothing and obviously not contributing does nothing for you being alive.

Ok then I'll put 1 person out at the moment.

Fireblend

I don't know if anybody mentioned this yet (sorry I just read most of it as fast as possible) but he was the one that started the "wheel" where we can just randomly choose a person and start lynching people. I personally think that is extremely suspicious due to the fact that:

a) it would distract us enough that we are just pursuing red herrings at this point using "bandwagon" method.

b) it would give "scum" ways to give a reason through such RNG methods to point out "townies" through "the wheel" (when they haven't used it and make others believe they did) and get rid of them as fast as possible before the second day starts

Of course a) was kinda debunked because everyone started to change votes and b) is also debunked due to the fact that everyone started changing votes again.

I guess everyone will feel like my opinions are just w/e as a newcomer in night vale however, this is what I believe that Fireblend is doing atm.

To distract us from our goal as night vale citizens and come together to weed out the terrible scum that is terrorizing our town and neighbors

(also please don't eat me into pieces ;_;)

RetroMG

Have any of our listeners seen the glowing cloud that has been moving in from the west? Well, John Peters-you know, the farmer?&#8212;he saw it over the western ridge this morning, said he would have thought it was the setting sun if it wasn't for the time of day.
Apparently the cloud glows in a variety of colors, perhaps changing from observer to observer, although all report a low whistling when it draws near.
One death has already been attributed to the glow cloud.
But listen, it's probably nothing. If we had to shut down the town for every mysterious event that at least one death could be attributed to, we'd never have time to do anything, right? That's what the Sheriff's Secret Police are saying, and I agree.

Although, I would not go so far as to endorse their suggestion to run directly at the cloud, shrieking and waving your arms, just to see what it does.

CURRENT VOTES:

scraftydevil (3)
pop-o-matic 182
sorian 457
karu 149

darklighter (2)
scraftydevil 136 (447)
coppanuva 280 (298)
fireblend 450
royal_flush 454

trigger (2)
razmos 155
mike_hawk689 394

sorian (1)
gryvan 140 (389)
darklighter 434

razmos (1)
squidyj 351

pop-o-matic (1)
ultrajay 414

gryvan (1)
scraftydevil 447

stanleypalmtree (1)
absolutbro 466

seath (1)
tl21xx 147 (464)
coppanuva 298

unmasked ferret (1)
boo boo'n 169
squidyj 170 (351)
sorian 256 (310)
ultrajay 279 (414)
ty4on 328 (461)

royal_flush (1)
unmasked ferret 172

mike_hawk689 (1)
coppanuva 200 (254)
fireblend 265 (450)
ty4on 461

no lynch (1)
gryvan 389

In the interest of post size, I have omitted any player who currently has no votes. You can find further information in post #4.

Sorian

Banned
Ok then I'll put 1 person out at the moment.

Fireblend

I don't know if anybody mentioned this yet (sorry I just read most of it as fast as possible) but he was the one that started the "wheel" where we can just randomly choose a person and start lynching people. I personally think that is extremely suspicious due to the fact that:

a) it would distract us enough that we are just pursuing red herrings at this point using "bandwagon" method.

b) it would give "scum" ways to give a reason through such RNG methods to point out "townies" through "the wheel" (when they haven't used it and make others believe they did) and get rid of them as fast as possible before the second day starts

Of course a) was kinda debunked because everyone started to change votes and b) is also debunked due to the fact that everyone started changing votes again.

I guess everyone will feel like my opinions are just w/e as a newcomer in night vale however, this is what I believe that Fireblend is doing atm.

To distract us from our goal as night vale citizens and come together to weed out the terrible scum that is terrorizing our town and neighbors

See? Not so hard. I think you are completely off base but this whole exercise has given me one piece of information. You are not in contact with people outside of this thread which means that you are town, neutral, or a part of an extremely dysfunctional scum team. I doubt it is the last one because usually communication breakdown happens as scum die, not from the start.

Mazre

This has been by a wide margin the stingiest day 1 I've seen. Definitely complicating reads.

Gonna start with reads, keeping in mind none of these are overly strong at the extreme I'm feeling maybe +-10 points from neutral (no read).

Leaning town- Sorian, Absolutbro, squidyj, coppa, flush - Generally quality reads and solid activity levels (bro is a little light on activity but has provided some context for it), certainly possible for a mafia to be here early game but even if they are at least they're contributing to the town for now (time tends to be the equalizer here)

No lynchers- Setre,gryvan - Narrowest grouping I see at the moment, seems like an unlikely place for a mafia to place themselves, not impossible certainly but this would be a risky position for a mafia to adopt; smallest no lynch group I've seen to date

fluff squad - scrafty, razmos, pop, booboo, mike - Mentioned these guys last night, decent chance of a mafia in here, definitely a group to watch; anecdotally mike seems to be trying a little harder the past 24 hours

minimalists- seath, karu, darklighter, stanleypalmtree - coin flip in my mind for a mafia to be hiding here; lots of new players in this group

the rest - ultrajay, trigger, ferret, tl21xx, ty4on, fireblend - I don't have a strong opinion on this group, some odd bits here and there over the last ~50 hours but as expected no smoking guns, maybe this is my blindspot

This has been by a wide margin the stingiest day 1 I've seen. Definitely complicating reads.

Gonna start with reads, keeping in mind none of these are overly strong at the extreme I'm feeling maybe +-10 points from neutral (no read).

Leaning town- Sorian, Absolutbro, squidyj, coppa, flush - Generally quality reads and solid activity levels (bro is a little light on activity but has provided some context for it), certainly possible for a mafia to be here early game but even if they are at least they're contributing to the town for now (time tends to be the equalizer here)

No lynchers- Setre,gryvan - Narrowest grouping I see at the moment, seems like an unlikely place for a mafia to place themselves, not impossible certainly but this would be a risky position for a mafia to adopt; smallest no lynch group I've seen to date

fluff squad - scrafty, razmos, pop, booboo, mike - Mentioned these guys last night, decent chance of a mafia in here, definitely a group to watch; anecdotally mike seems to be trying a little harder the past 24 hours

minimalists- seath, karu, darklighter, stanleypalmtree - coin flip in my mind for a mafia to be hiding here; lots of new players in this group

the rest - ultrajay, trigger, ferret, tl21xx, ty4on, fireblend - I don't have a strong opinion on this group, some odd bits here and there over the last ~50 hours but as expected no smoking guns, maybe this is my blindspot

First day I havent played zombies on cod so yeah pretty good amount of time to read instead of going for 48 rounds for 8hours straight. lol

See? Not so hard. I think you are completely off base but this whole exercise has given me one piece of information. You are not in contact with people outside of this thread which means that you are town, neutral, or a part of an extremely dysfunctional scum team. I doubt it is the last one because usually communication breakdown happens as scum die, not from the start.

Talking about outside contact, I suppose there is a pretty huge possibility given the theme that we have a town gossip?

Fireblend

Banned
(...)

Just as a piece of advice, I recommend you check out other GAF mafia games and realize RNG votes are a pretty common first thing to do on day 1 - the wheel is just a nice way of visualizing it. Also if it wasn't a veteran would have probably ripped my suggestion to pieces.

Anyway, I'm gonna provide some reads before going to sleep. As the first day nears its end, I recommend people do this. If someone doesn't plan to vote and I'm looking at you non-lynchers, then at the very least please provide some reads. If you plan on making it easy for scum to decide which one of us to lynch while minimizing the amount of information we'll get when you flip, at least leave us with something to mull over on day 2.

Top 3 town: Sorian, Squidy... I actually don't have a third one. They've been big posters and conversation starters and at this stage in the game it's pretty much all it takes for me to want to keep you in it. If they're scum whenever they flip who they pointed their fingers at and who they didn't is going to be of use.

Top 3 scum: Scrafty, Darklighter, tl21xx. I don't know how many of you noticed my last post on Scrafty and Darklighter since it was at the bottom of the previous page, but I believe the way they interacted, Scrafty's reaction to my post, and Darklighter's absolute silence since speak loudly enough for me to be suspicious. Plenty of people are onto Pop and Booboo and other potential targets, but they're the ones I'm gonna be looking at in particular. I already explained my thoughts on tl21xx. His response to some basic prodding struck me as "knee-jerky" and he seems to care more about defending his image than providing impressions.

Also I didn't even know we had a player called stanleypalmtree. That's some next-level under-the-radar tactics. He hasn't actually posted after the day started, so I wouldn't advise voting for him since he might be in the position Darklighter was in before he posted.

Fireblend

Banned

Here's Scrafty's response which I refer to above. It's a super minor thing, but I find it curious she didn't quote me. Did she do that so my bottom-of-the-page post wouldn't be noticed more? I know it's a stretch but I couldn't avoid that thought :p

What's wrong with safe opinions?

There isn't really anything wrong with having safe opinions, but it is also an easy way for scum to make it look like they have been trying to really contribute so sometimes it's good to be wary of people with them.

Also I didn't even know we had a player called stanleypalmtree. That's some next-level under-the-radar tactics. He hasn't actually posted after the day started, so I wouldn't advise voting for him since he might be in the position Darklighter was in before he posted.

Didn't Stanley make that prospector character fluff post that Absolutbro brought up recently? So he actually has met his daily post requirement? Then wouldn't putting votes on him, either to get him to comment or because he is flying under the radar pretty well is a perfectly fine thing to do?

Sorian

Banned

I find it interesting that Fireblend and I are in a different part of your reads list. I feel like he has been my mimic for most of the day. Maybe I'm the only one that has been seeing that though.

Talking about outside contact, I suppose there is a pretty huge possibility given the theme that we have a town gossip?

Possibly, that's like the thing that was in Animal Crossing right? Where they could slowly create a secret group chat?

Actually as Ferret says above, Stanley made one fluff post after day start:

Howdy neighbors!

That bolt a lightning sure did screw up my noggin something fierce, so if i don't be recalling y'all names or identities or anything else for that matter, i hope y'all understand that i don't mean nothing by it.

Also don't be minding the obtuse growth on my left clavicle, im sure it wont be involved in any sudden surprise's later down the line.
Though i do have a puke bucket on hand if you do find it to be making you as nauseous as it does me.

So he is about as sketchy as Dark in the inactive but hurting town camp.

Kevyt

I love scrafty's posts. She's giving this game life, let's all take a moment to appreciate this. It doesn't matter if she's scum or town, her posts are gold!

Yes I am defending her, but I'm just a regular townie with no special abilities other than voting. Yes I guess I am sort of early role claiming but we need to get to the bottom of things because it's looking like people are pointing fingers at one another without any concrete evidence or suspicion.

Fireblend

Banned
I love scrafty's posts. She's giving this game life, let's all take a moment to appreciate this. It doesn't matter if she's scum or town, her posts are gold!

Yes I am defending her, but I'm just a regular townie with no special abilities other than voting. Yes I guess I am sort of early role claiming but we need to get to the bottom of things because it's looking like people are pointing fingers at one another without any concrete evidence or suspicion.

This was 100% uncalled for man =/ we were getting places. Claimimg now does nothing but hurt town.

Kevyt

This was 100% uncalled for man =/ we were getting places. Claimimg now does nothing but hurt town.

Really? I don't really see any convincing argument for voting against anyone to be honest.

We're all going to end up dog piling on someone anyways, hoping to catch a mafia player but what are the odds...

Fireblend

Banned
Really? I don't really see any convincing argument for voting against anyone to be honest.

We're all going to end up dog piling on someone anyways, hoping to catch a mafia player but what are the odds...

We're not going to have clear targets for a while, get used to it. How does claiming ordinary town help anyway? Here's what you just did: you told scum to take you off the list of this night's kill to increase their chances of hitting a PR.

Kevyt

We're not going to have clear targets for a while, get used to it. How does claiming ordinary town help anyway? Here's what you just did: you told scum to take you off the list of this night's kill to increase their chances of hitting a PR.

Then that's a win by my book!

Take out a regular townie with no special ability in night 1 rather than someone else at random who might have a useful ability.

Top Bottom