• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else having problems adding funds to PlayStation Store?

Been trying to add funds to my account and two friends accounts all day to take advantage of the Big co-op sale. Always redirects to a page that says it's under Maintenance.

Are you using a debit card? I've been having trouble adding funds with my debit card for like 2 months now (never had a problem before then) and I've been having to buy digital codes from Amazon and add the funds to my account that way :/

Tizoc

Are you trying to use credit cards or redeem psn cash codes?
Some people had issues with the former, I've not noticed any issues with the latter though :X

IbukiLordSA

I added a $20 code from Amazon this morning onto my PSN account, probably just over 2 hours ago, went through fine.

Persona7

Banned
PSN doesn't like my credit card and says it isn't valid. I use the same credit card to purchase a credit on amazon which I then redeem on my PS3 or PS4.

I have a Google Wallet card attached to my PSN account (of which that card is attached to my checking account, but there's a $300-400 ish limit that can be in there at any time IIRC).

For some reason if I try adding funds to PSN from it more than once or twice in a day, PSN will deny any and all future reloads from the card, or anything else that's tied to my account like PayPal.

But then I wait another day (or maybe a few hours, always waited a day before trying it) and it works again. So maybe it's some sort of a soft-lock Sony does but doesn't outright state?

paypal hasn't worked for me on and off since summer (nothing to do with the paypal account either since it's like 10 years in good standing, has an active 'large enough' balance even though that's not even required since even at 0 balance i can debit directly to my savings account anyhow, etc) (and it worked perfectly for the few years ago before that... never one error)... randomly says something about a credit card when i don't even have one associated with that account. then suddenly a week or two later, it works fine again, but then again it won't work.

Are you using a debit card? I've been having trouble adding funds with my debit card for like 2 months now (never had a problem before then) and I've been having to buy digital codes from Amazon and add the funds to my account that way :/

I have also had to do this for the last two months. Neither PayPal nor my credit card work anymore. Had the same information on my heavily-used account for many years and only recently did it abruptly break.

Sony says it's my credit card company's fault, which is obviously insane and impossible, because it affects PayPal and an alternative debit card I tried too.

The transaction always fails. The credit card says the transaction was not completed and to try again later. PayPal says some variation of the same thing. Nothing I've tried will fix it.

Namikaze

I have everything I want from the sale in my cart and can't check out with my credi card. I can't remember the last time I've been able to check out on mobile successfully though.

A friend of mine just bought a PS4 tonight and is getting the "your transaction could not be completed, try again later" message.

Something is broken, I guess. But mine has been broken for months.

Pretty amazing that something is so wrong with PSN that some users simply cannot add funds to their account. I've been a PSN apologist for a long time, but this is garbage.

Top Bottom