• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus is 5 today!

Drencrom

I wonder if the poster will beat my custom made PS frame.

bQRLr1O.jpg

Do you have this poster in image form?

I bought a new 500 GB PS3 last week, just in case my old 120gb dies. I was able to fit 47 retail download games on it.
36 were games I downloaded with PS+, it is amazing how much they have given us.
I feel spoiled.

Just a quick update, got my email saying that they have begun with the printing process for the gift to day 1 subscribers but mention that due to the large amounts and making sure everything is right that they will have them sent out by October.

Seems a little late to me but im just excited to see exactly what the print will be, hopefully something showing all the games i have 'purchased' through plus as that would be pretty cool.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah I just got an email....

Thanks for supplying your postal address – and thanks for five brilliant years of PlayStation Plus membership.

We’ve now begun production on your personalised anniversary print. We’ve got quite a few to make and we want to get it right, so there will be a short wait while they’re all created.
We’ll have your print shipped to you in October, and we’ll keep you updated if anything changes.

Thanks again, from everyone at PlayStation Plus.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Man, plus has come such a long way. I don't remember if I was there since day one, but I think I joined it a few months after launch. Great service, and has contributed significantly to my gigantic backlog thanks to the free games and sales discounts.

Popsickles

Sorry to bump this thread but October is nearly over and I was wondering if anyone has received anything yet. We were promised an email if dates were changing.Did Sony underestimate the work and cost involved and given up.

jiggles

Banned
Sorry to bump this thread but October is nearly over and I was wondering if anyone has received anything yet. We were promised an email if dates were changing.Did Sony underestimate the work and cost involved and given up.

Upon reflection, the whole thing sounded like the idea of a summer intern.

JP

Not that I really have any interest in whatever "this" actually is but I remembered this while reading up on December's free games, anybody heard anything more about it yet?

Not that I really have any interest in whatever "this" actually is but I remembered this while reading up on December's free games, anybody heard anything more about it yet?

This entire situation is rather a damp squib, and it's not as if we had high hopes to begin with...

funnily enough i was actually looking for an update for this today myself.

Do they mention any sort of time frame in the email?

*Edit* just checked mine and i have the email too, says it will be January now so not too long i suppose.

Number45

The text in full:

We’re sorry for the delay
Unfortunately we’ve had to push back the delivery of your PlayStation®Plus personalised 5 year anniversary print. We want to make sure they’re perfect so production has been slightly delayed.

We’re sorry for the delay and we will keep you updated if anything changes. Thanks again for five brilliant years, from everyone at PlayStation Plus.

EDIT: Sounds like you have a different mail. :s

The text in full:

EDIT: Sounds like you have a different mail. :s

Well thats the thing, the text is the same as yours but when viewing through the outlook app on my phone, the email in my inbox says 'it will now be sent in January' but it doesnt seem to have it anywhere in the actual email so i dont know?

EoinOL

Well thats the thing, the text is the same as yours but when viewing through the outlook app on my phone, the email in my inbox says 'it will now be sent in January' but it doesnt seem to have it anywhere in the actual email so i dont know?
Yes, the text "Your print will now be shipped in January" is the preheader, which normally isn't (and shouldn't be) displayed as part of the email, since it's not meant to contain information that can't also be found in the email. Some clients might not even display a pre-header so this really wasn't the best way for Sony to communicate that the delay was until January.

Yes, the text "Your print will now be shipped in January" is the preheader, which normally isn't (and shouldn't be) displayed as part of the email, since it's not meant to contain information that can't also be found in the email. Some clients might not even display a pre-header so this really wasn't the best way for Sony to communicate that the delay was until January.
Ahh fair enough, very silly of them to do it that way since it looked like a sentence form the email that had been cut off and i didnt event notice it at first.

Number45

Finally.

We have some great news – your personalised PlayStation Plus 5 year anniversary print is on its way to you. Shipping has already begun, so it should be with you very soon. In fact, it might have already arrived by the time this email is delivered.

We’d like to say a big thank you for your patience, and for five brilliant years of PlayStation Plus membership.

Popsickles

Got mine today, no picture sorry as on mobile, did not expect it to be framed so that was a nice touch but thought there would be more info on it like trophy's and stuff.

Missed my delivery so I will have to pick it up.

Nice to see the example though, gonna be interesting to see what mine comes out as.

Top Bottom