• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Chunk 1 (CyberConnect2, UE4) Trailer, "PS4 Console Debut"

Looked incredible, as someone who was an early teen during the original release. Very very happy with what they are doing. I played crisis core and really liked what they did there gameplay wise, so if they expand / make it better, great.

Kuni

Looked great! Looks like the Crisis Core gameplay! That actually makes a lot of sense. They obviously wanted something more dynamic and that's one good system to turn too. Really surprised at how far along it looks, English VO as well... Excite!

Looks like other playable characters are confirmed which is great.....don't get why FF15 can't do this.

This is the true FF Versus 13!!!

Breakage

Man, as I expected the vibe in this game is so different to the original. It's too adult/serious.
And the voice acting is terrible.

Tabris

Oh shit there's a small scene where you are controlling Barrett.

If it's an action RPG where you can switch between the 4 party members live, I'm SOLD.

If it's more Kingdom Hearts, then I'm not as sold.

But either way, fuck it, I AM SO EXCITED.

Jarekx

Thought i was gonna be upset they were changing the combat but that trailer brought the feels. Was so great to see Jesse and Co. I should've never doubted Nomura.

Falk

that puzzling face
Bar seemed to go up when hitting stuff, and deplete on the special moves.

There's a separate Limit Break meter on the right

Magnus

Fuck that looked awesome.

Thank goodness it's faster-paced and an Action RPG now.

For everyone saying it's close to Versus/KH now, isn't it also basically close to XV? Isn't that an ARPG now too?

FF7R People: "hey, can we like, take the engine and gameplay mechanics for XV and add our own assets and stuff?"

Tabata: "Yeah, sure, okay."

And the two best RPGs of the next 5 years are born.

Please be more like FFXII and not like Kingdom Hearts, pretty please Nomura.... Or else Im out.

Nomura isn't going to make a game like FF XII. And good riddance, what a dull game that was.

Not turn based, what a waste.

Why not just make an entirely new game if you're going to make sweeping changes?

Square-Enix want to make a game that'll sell to people who haven't played Final Fantasy VII - or any Final Fantasy before. Otherwise they couldn't justify investing so much money in this. If you want to play the same game you played previously on PS4, you can right now.

I thought I would be dissapointed with the lack of turn based but that looks awesome and im alright with the action style. I literally just bought my ps4 this morning and I cant fucking wait for this.

DrDogg

figured they would change the combat but still not a fan

This for me.

I want at least a turn-based option. I know that was a long shot, but I could care less about an Action-RPG version of FF7. Oh well... boxy graphics it is if I want to actually play FF7.

muteki

Need to see Cosmo Canyon, Gold Saucer, notMidger soon.

Battle system aside, what they did show and how it is sticks to the script is promising.

Top Bottom