• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Obama on Kendrick Lamar vs Drake

Status
Not open for further replies.
15.gif

Video here

The King has spoken.

CYe5WAnUoAAW_J1.jpg

Hood Politics video in the White House coming soon.

The President's AOTY - To Pimp A Butterfly in stores now.

He could've easily said "Drake is from Canada so I gotta go with American artist" to avoid handing Drake the L. But he specifically mentioned lyrics. That's gotta burn.

Is this even a fucking question? Kendrick shits on Drake and it's not even fucking close. Drake is a mediocre, boring rapper with zero presence and personality on the mic, as memorable and lifelike as a crash test dummy. Kendrick is on track to being one of the greatest rappers of all time.

Rembrandt

Banned
Is this even a fucking question? Kendrick shits on Drake and it's not even fucking close. Drake is a mediocre, boring rapper with zero presence and personality on the mic, as memorable and lifelike as a crash test dummy. Kendrick is on track to being one of the greatest rappers of all time.

You underestimated greatly
Most number ones ever, how long did it really take me?
The part I love most is they need me more than they hate me
So they never take shots, I got everybody on safety
I could load every gun with bullets that fire backwards
You probably wouldn't lose a single rapper

4 years

anigif_enhanced-12210-1414176595-1.gif

Drake hate is lame because even though he will never be as technically skilled as Kendrick or able to come up with his type of concepts, Drake has some amazing verses and songs. He's also held his own or surpassed Kanye, Wayne, Kendrick, Jay, Bun B, Jadakiss, etc, etc on songs.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Drake is a mediocre rapper but his songs are catchy as hell, you gotta give him that.

Gotta go with Kendrick of course though.

IrishNinja

that's my president, agreeing with GAF-Hop's AOTY & everything

damn, kdot's on another level but drizzy hasn't released a bad project yet - not for everyone, but stuff like Take Care really isn't any of that

Hillary prefers Migos

at least she moved on from fetty wap

Drake is as much an American as Ted Cruz though.

iunderstoodthisreference.gif

Rembrandt

Banned
LOL. You can't be serious. Whatever, I don't get Drake. He's fucking boring as hell and doesn't even write his own lyrics.

Also, fuck the Warriors.

KIDDING!

While he had a ghostwriter for one verse and a cowriter for some off of IYRTITL, I don't buy into his writing game being weak. he has written hit songs for other artists before, too.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Kendrick is so tiny

Dead serious. Love Barry, but can't roll with him on this one.

Well, OK that's fine with me, LOL. But eh, calling Kendrick mediocre and boring isn't much of an unpopular opinion, I suppose. I feel the same way about Drake though; he's a much better singer than he his rapper, IMO.

I was pretty dissapointed Drake had shit like Know Yourself and 10 Bands written and even SPAT by some other dude but he still can make a damn good banger so....whatever I guess.
Kdot is where my bias goes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom