• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tamping.

RespawnX

Wait wait wait ... a video game console from a manufacturer which sells millions of OLED and advertises his console with OLED TVs doesn't have basic screen saver to protect from burn in?

LOL better story than the weird UK energy like in 19th century thing.

Feel sorry for you. You may be lucky using your warranty if divice is new?

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

You Welsh?
LbSghho.png

acidagfc

I now finally understand the lyrics of the Arctic Monkeys song - "I will be your leccy meter, I will never run out".
I could never understand how electricity meter could run out. What a fucking joke of a system.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
As a student, there were multiple times where we'd be playing games late at night and the electricity would suddenly go because we hadn't checked the meter recently.

And then you have to wait until the morning to get any electricity. Great system.
You fools you never grew up poor normally you would get a £5 emergency amount put onto the meter to tide you over.

Woopah

You fools you never grew up poor normally you would get a £5 emergency amount put onto the meter to tide you over.
It's quite a while ago but I don't remember there being any emergency option. The only way to put money on was to physically take the payment card to the corner shop.

RagnarokIV

I forgot about this thread.

Turns out the Asus PG42UQ has some software issues. People are complaining all over the net.
It SHOULD do a pixel refresh when you turn it off (once 4 hours of use is registered). Similar to my LG OLED TV.

Except it doesn’t! When you switch it off, nothing happens.

To fix this image retention (wasn’t burn-in) I just run the pixel refresh 3 times and left it off for a day.

People have advised to just do a pixel refresh manually instead of relying on the software or update to the latest firmware which has fixed it for some people.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait... Some of you UK GAFfers have to go pre-pay for electricity like it's a fuckin' Tracfone wireless phone?

That is absolutely ludicrous and now I have an even better understanding of why people in the UK were bitching when their electricity bills skyrocketed.
They're usually installed because the residents don't pay their bill or always go over what they can afford
It might have been put in for that reason before the OP moved in
Plus it sounds like the OP lives in a shit hole, no offence RagnarokIV RagnarokIV

Last edited:
Top Bottom