• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back, for the first time in about 3 years. And I'm lost. I've almost completely forgotten how to play this game. Any quick tips to get me up and running again? What should I know that has changed since I last played.

I wasn't able to recover my old PlayOnline account. Long story there. So I'm starting from scratch. I figure that's a good way to do it anyway, since it has been so long since I've played. This will give me a chance to relearn the ropes. Besides, I always had fun playing the lower levels. :D

Confusatron said:
I'm back, for the first time in about 3 years. And I'm lost. I've almost completely forgotten how to play this game. Any quick tips to get me up and running again? What should I know that has changed since I last played.

I wasn't able to recover my old PlayOnline account. Long story there. So I'm starting from scratch. I figure that's a good way to do it anyway, since it has been so long since I've played. This will give me a chance to relearn the ropes. Besides, I always had fun playing the lower levels. :D

Are you on fairy? If you're re-rolling do it there, and pm someone for a pearl. I'll be on late tonight.

img_20100122_020428.png

hgplayer1 said:
LOLDRG!

Pan, I couldnt stand that CS. I skip through most CSs anyway but that one I did some serious button mashing to get through.

You thilly man. Why would you thkip it? It was faaaaabulouth!

demigod

hgplayer1 said:
LOLDRG!

Pan, I couldnt stand that CS. I skip through most CSs anyway but that one I did some serious button mashing to get through.

Figures, I always pick the lolclass/jobs. During Everquest, it was RANGER DOWN. In FFXI it's loldrg.

Deku

Banned
demigod said:
Figures, I always pick the lolclass/jobs. During Everquest, it was RANGER DOWN. In FFXI it's loldrg.

To be fair, Dragoons haven't been LOL for end-game in a long time. Angon's 25% def down is indispensable for Zergs, and Salvage, where constant def down = faster kills = more time.

vivin

Hey all, finally got my account enabled here after waiting for what seems like an eternity >_<;

I'm sure you guys can guess who this is? :p

We should do an Avatar run this weekend, seems like a few people in the ls was keen when I asked the other day~

B.K.

I was thinking of reinstalling the game and playing again. I haven't played since October or November. Will my old character still exist or will it have been erased by now?

Kangaboo

Neo Member
So...

Just wanted to poke in and say hello!

Lv 75 BLU & BRD on Fairy (Tann).

Currently working on DRK (65). Also in a static for CoP, just got Rank 10 Windy, yadda yadda yadda!!!

But was excited to see a bunch of folks are on the same server. :)

Say hello if you see me on.

Dammit.

Can someone keep an eye out for Elyssa and get them a pearl? They keep asking me and I feel like crap because I keep missing them. :lol

So i tried to get the 14 day free trial, i was sent a registration code via email to access FFXI, but i have no code for PlayOnline, which is asking for one for me to log in to there. The code they sent me via email for the XI trial doesn't work for registering this PlayOnline apparently, meaning i have no way to access the trial
Any thoughts?

BlazingDarkness said:
So i tried to get the 14 day free trial, i was sent a registration code via email to access FFXI, but i have no code for PlayOnline, which is asking for one for me to log in to there. The code they sent me via email for the XI trial doesn't work for registering this PlayOnline apparently, meaning i have no way to access the trial
Any thoughts?

You mean a playonline ID? Thats like login info you create when you sign up. It didn't prompt you to create an account?

Screenshot time again:

Trying Nyzul for the first time with everyone.
img_20100122_211038.png

img_20100122_225440.png

Killing dragons with six and tann.
img_20100124_014142.png

img_20100124_014148.png

Lilisette likes my name.
img_20100124_183535.png

img_20100124_183937.png

I'm really impressed with the unique cutscene animations in wings of the goddess. There is some REALLY cool scenes and little details in there. For example, the recent cutscenes for "A Manifest Problem" and Lilisette's introduction were crazy looking.

Hmm...I wonder if we'll get a new version update notice in the next couple weeks. Late March/early April sounds about right for the next update.

vivin

pancakesandsex said:
Trying Nyzul for the first time with everyone.

With everyone pan? *tears up*

hehe, nice screen shots Pan. Now I know why you said WotG is starting to get interesting ;)

I keep forgetting to take shots myself ><; I'm installing fraps or something for when I fight Matt, at least I'll record that~

Pai Pai Master said:
Hmm...I wonder if we'll get a new version update notice in the next couple weeks. Late March/early April sounds about right for the next update.

If I had to predict the next update, Id say S-E will simply say "FFXIV beta codes for all!" one can dream :(

vivin said:
With everyone pan? *tears up*

hehe, nice screen shots Pan. Now I know why you said WotG is starting to get interesting ;)

I keep forgetting to take shots myself ><; I'm installing fraps or something for when I fight Matt, at least I'll record that~

If I had to predict the next update, Id say S-E will simply say "FFXIV beta codes for all!" one can dream :(

Awww I don't mean it like that vivs.

WotG is getting interesting because I am a sucker for time travel stories and this one is awesome because it's unclear who the mastermind is behind the goings on in the past. Lilisette certainly doesn't hurt though :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
While I was busy filling up windy and bastok rep yesterday, never saw a call for Nyzul. :lol Towards the end of what I was doing, I noticed 3/4's of the LS was there.

Lonestar said:
While I was busy filling up windy and bastok rep yesterday, never saw a call for Nyzul. :lol Towards the end of what I was doing, I noticed 3/4's of the LS was there.

There is a static going for it, it's not something you can just pick up or rotate people in and out on unfortunately since everyone needs to be on the same set of floors and have available tags. I wish it was like MMM :/

Speaking of statics... ZMs this week on Thurs. Lets finish this up! Boss rush, Gradius style!

demigod

B.K. said:
I was thinking of reinstalling the game and playing again. I haven't played since October or November. Will my old character still exist or will it have been erased by now?

They don't delete your characters anymore after 3 months. So you'll always be able to get it back now.

Lonestar said:

I guess people missed it when I asked on page 6. Then again I did ask for lvl 75s with utsusemi ni. Either do pickup groups for them or try to form your own static. We could always help ya'll after we get floor 100, we only went up to 15 so far.

Shouta

Lonestar said:

If you let me know when you can do it and I can make it, I can help you with the Nyzul runs. I'm already cleared for it anyway. I've done it with just 3 people too, crazy as hell but we did it. :lol

I don't understand what anyone is saying ingame, everyone uses abbreviations so it all just goes over my head :/
Almost level 18 now though, doing some quests in King Ranperre's Tomb

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So uh, did they ever finish Wings of the Goddess or are they still doling it out in the smallest possible bits and pieces? It's been over two years. :lol

NeoForte

Kintaro said:
So uh, did they ever finish Wings of the Goddess or are they still doling it out in the smallest possible bits and pieces? It's been over two years. :lol
Still going; though they have said it is nearing thr conclusion. SE has done this with all their previous expansions. They all seem to finish around when a new one is about to be announced. Unfortunately, they have started to slow down on their updates. So it's taking longer to finish wings :/

Kandinsky

Ok Limbus ppl since we are doing Omega on Sunday please put your priority, set of 75 coins, or homam and which piece, thx.

Edit: Edit your ingame name guys prz, i know who you are but i told macho to refer to this thread.

Yuripaw said:
Wish I could've been there for those, I've been on that mission for years. It's cool to you posting videos though.

Hey all, by the way ^_^ finally can post in here.

We're going again on Thursday if you wanna come. We'll be starting with the 3rd one and then going back to repeat if everyone have time for lone and Gav and Jbird.

Yuripaw

Banned
pancakesandsex said:
We're going again on Thursday if you wanna come. We'll be starting with the 3rd one and then going back to repeat if everyone have time for lone and Gav and Jbird.

What time on thursday do you think you'd be going at? That would be cool and great, but what job should i use? I'm still only 67 on my dragoon, and the only job I got at 75 right now is THF. I've always felt like my thf was kinda useless for missions, which is why I've been trying to get my DRG to 75.

Yuripaw said:
What time on thursday do you think you'd be going at? That would be cool and great, but what job should i use? I'm still only 67 on my dragoon, and the only job I got at 75 right now is THF. I've always felt like my thf was kinda useless for missions, which is why I've been trying to get my DRG to 75.

I'm a thf. T_T

Either should be fine as long as you have something to wear, just bring some food to hit stuff with. Divine might is the one you NEED 75 for, as long as we are careful the individual ones can be done with lower levels in the mix (so far anyway.)

Oh and there is no xp loss on them, so dying doesn't cost anything but time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom