• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Camjo-Z

So you do know what your secondary ability is? Because you claimed "maybe bulletproof" when you first said it and strong kills sure as shit go right through bulletproof.

As I said in my very first post on D2:

As for my second power, roughly paraphrased from my PM: "If you get nightkilled... well, some finales can become new starts." That's some Red Hood resurrection shit, baby! I don’t know what else it entails cuz it wasn't explained at all, but for now I’m just going to consider myself a 1-shot Bulletproof.

Ourobolus

Banned
Carry on - updated vote count below.

*Coppanuva* 6
Sorian
Xamtheking
Fireblend
Karu
Ty4on
Xamtheking
Fireblend
LaunchpadMcQ
Ty4on

*Sorian* 5
Camjo-Z
weemadarthur
Coppanuva
CornBurrito
El Topo
weemadarthur
LaunchpadMcQ
LaunchpadMcQ
Camjo-Z

*weemadarthur* 0
El Topo
Ty4on
Ty4on

*Fireblend* 0
Ty4on

*Ty4on* 0
LaunchpadMcQ
Xamtheking
Fireblend

*Trigger* 0
Ty4on

*Xamtheking* 0
Trigger

Ty4on

Vote: Coppanuva

I'm way to used to calling him Coppa

Interestingly enough that reminded me that when I searched for mentions, Wee didn't call Coppa for "Coppa" until much later in the game. I have no idea if it even means anything, but now you know :p

If you have a quote inside a quote and a vote command after the inner quote, it gets counted. (Don"t know if that's the issue here, I have no clue which vote zou are talking about :p)

roytheone

If you have a quote inside a quote and a vote command after the inner quote, it gets counted. (Don"t know if that's the issue here, I have no clue which vote zou are talking about :p)

Ok, so here is a new rule I will now introduce into this game:

If you have a quote inside a quote and a vote command after the inner quote, please remove the highlight tags from that vote to prevent problems.

Ah, that makes sense.

Is it too messy to implement a counter which is zero when outside a quote?

Probably not. I didn't bother too implement it back then because GAF removes any inner quotes by default and you have to paste them in by hand if you want them. Whenever I get to coding on the tool again that's probably the highest priority.

Let's keep it civil, folks.

:( Don't be mean to each other.

I didn't say Launch liked Dick, I just did what any good reporter would do and cropped up a quote.
images

Just reduces the chance. If you and wee are scum chances are one of you performed the kill, but neither of you two could have done it that night if Trigger is telling the truth. There is also the assumption that scum investigated TL21xx directly or indirectly with a second PR.

Unless I was a ninja.
I mean, I'm not. But that's not uncommon if town has a tracker.

Ok guys, I think we should take Sorian off the table for right now. If he's scum, that's great, but he'll be here next day phase. We can lynch him then. It's possible that if we don't hit a scum/neutral this phase, we're at game over.

This argument doesn't make sense to me.

'We need a scum lynch. We have a scum. But worry about it later and lynch a different scum possibility with less evidence!'

Surely going for the scummiest scum is still the best play.

Sorian

Banned
This argument doesn't make sense to me.

'We need a scum lynch. We have a scum. But worry about it later and lynch a different scum possibility with less evidence!'

Surely going for the scummiest scum is still the best play.

How does Coppa have less evidence than me? Please enlighten me at the evidence against me.

How does Coppa have less evidence than me? Please enlighten me at the evidence against me.

Implausible role claim based on real evidence - existing town flips.
Scrambling (multiple players) to attempt to avoid lynching you at day end.
Overhard pushing against Karkador (arguing to the point of personal insults is bad play for town).
Lack of post content by my personal scale.
All the stuff I pointed out which was meant to be supplemental, but which nobody else finds convincing (*shrug*).

For coppanuva we have:
Sorian thinks he's suspicious
He hasn't been that active
He claimed sleepwalker but didn't know he should do it on day one (I've heard this is default play, in Princess. Could be wrong especially since scum said it.)

Sorian

Banned
Overhard pushing against Karkador (arguing to the point of personal insults is bad play for town).
All the stuff I pointed out which was meant to be supplemental, but which nobody else finds convincing (*shrug*).

For coppanuva we have:
He claimed sleepwalker but didn't know he should do it on day one (I've heard this is default play, in Princess. Could be wrong especially since scum said it.)

Claiming sleepwalker on day 1 is stupid by the way but that isn't my issue. The convenience and slow drip of the claim was my issue.

Anyway, you are obviously stacking this deck since you didn't bother mentioning the stipulation of Launch's list in Coppa's column at all. Also, lol at lack of post content, even removing most of my fluff, I've probably contributed more than half of the player list still alive easily.

Fireblend

Banned

For coppanuva we have:
You're completely ignoring the fact that if you believe Launch, either he or Ty are for sure not a town player, and he's ignored this for the entire day.

Claiming sleepwalker on day 1 is stupid by the way but that isn't my issue. The convenience and slow drip of the claim was my issue.

Anyway, you are obviously stacking this deck since you didn't bother mentioning the stipulation of Launch's list in Coppa's column at all. Also, lol at lack of post content, even removing most of my fluff, I've probably contributed more than half of the player list still alive easily.

Ok about the slow claim.

And yes, I'm sort of stacking the deck. But I legit forgot about launchpad's list for two reasons.
A) I'm unconvinced it is a real role
B) if it was a real role, I think it just pointed at Ty and not at coppa.

So it had two giant issues that cause me to leave it out of arguments.

Sorian

Banned
Ok about the slow claim.

And yes, I'm sort of stacking the deck. But I legit forgot about launchpad's list for two reasons.
A) I'm unconvinced it is a real role
B) if it was a real role, I think it just pointed at Ty and not at coppa.

So it had two giant issues that cause me to leave it out of arguments.

While I'm pointing out trouble spots, I'll say one more thing as well. Personal attacks were hardly involved with my attack on Kark, they were there (kind of, I can only think of the obnoxious comment) but he definitely did the same to me both before and after. Kark was town with that behavior so it obviously doesn't mean much other than personal feeling.

I don't have much to say about my role claim. It's been a cluster fuck trying to use it and the perfect storm brought me here.

I was planning to vote Coppa, but I don't want to cause a turbo if we're still discussing stuff.

That's a good reason.
I'm just checking if you're here.

I personally have nothing new to bring up. I suppose if nobody is considering moving their vote, the day will end that way anyhow.

Is anyone still considering their best option? Or is that gonna be the final count?

Coppanuva

I'm curious here, why did the vote block conversation get dropped? Kark claimed to have blocked Sorian n1, and while it's possible whoever had that power simply chose not to use it that night instead, I find that a bit coincidental that happened. I also think Sorian is exactly the kind of player who might try to use his power to be a "confirmed" town since he typically dies early.

Karu

Is anyone still considering their best option? Or is that gonna be the final count?
Yes. *raises hand* With such a delicate situation, putting everything to rest three hours before ends, seems eh. Especially since the last half hour will be crazytown anyway lol (based on past experience. It's never as cut and dry as it appears *sigh*)

We need to go after one of the two on the list, bottom line. I know trusting it is a leap of faith, but we don't have much of a choice. Up until now, I've been content to let this be something we discuss in passing or not let direct our judgement so as to get reads from people reacting to it (and my different "revelations"), but the list is legit, and one of Coppa or Ty4on is scum/neutral... hell, maybe both. But we can't just go outside of the list when scum has done us the favor of giving us a 50/50 chance at saving ourselves.
Wait, am I misremembering (genuine question) - weren't you against the list, you of all people?
It's so nice that you've finally woken up.
I bet you like that!

Three hours to go and I tried to catch what I missed while I way away and huh... with how things are going I'm not that sure either choice is as bad or as good as the other. Especially in regards to the current thread climate - which is pretty subdued, I feel hesitant to leave my Vote on Coppa for now.

So... Coppa claimed, which I myself acknowledged as convienient. But there is also still Sorian's claim out there, no? Maybe I'm misinterpreting things, please educate me, but suppose he's scum, but his ability (IGNITE -> KILL) is still - or at least a form of it - true. Felt like it got all pushed under the rug while the discussion went on...

For now... (I will be here)
VOTE: Sorian

Top Bottom