• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

I'm curious here, why did the vote block conversation get dropped? Kark claimed to have blocked Sorian n1, and while it's possible whoever had that power simply chose not to use it that night instead, I find that a bit coincidental that happened. I also think Sorian is exactly the kind of player who might try to use his power to be a "confirmed" town since he typically dies early.
We've already cracked the code Scummanova, we know you can only use it every other night, on a cycle similar to how SkyOdin's commuting would have worked
Sorry fam

Sorian

Banned
I'm curious here, why did the vote block conversation get dropped? Kark claimed to have blocked Sorian n1, and while it's possible whoever had that power simply chose not to use it that night instead, I find that a bit coincidental that happened. I also think Sorian is exactly the kind of player who might try to use his power to be a "confirmed" town since he typically dies early.

Why would I have confirmed Kark's role block when he started bringing it up then? If this was all a master plan, I would have ignored it and pretended I had no clue what he was talking about. I still think knocking out your own vote seems stupid (and I also know it doubles as a role block so even worse) but sure, I have no way of countering that accusation.

Sorian

Banned
We've already cracked the code Scummanova, we know you can only use it every other night, on a cycle similar to how SkyOdin's commuting would have worked
Sorry fam

We don't actually know this and it shouldn't be accepted as fact if I die and you all see I'm town. It seems likely but it is also just as likely that the Joker role was doing kills N1 and N3 and so didn't do the toxin.

We don't actually know this and it shouldn't be accepted as fact if I die and you all see I'm town. It seems likely but it is also just as likely that the Joker role was doing kills N1 and N3 and so didn't do the toxin.
I for one am not going to second guess myself
I guessed it correctly in PW
I (possibly foolishly) believe I guessed it again

Karu

So you argue scum would poison their own strong killer?
poison shmoison

I mean, it's surely a possibilit. GAmbit maFIA in full effect. No, seriously - under the assumption that Sorian is Scum, that wouldn't hold me back necessarily in voting for him, because he's the one who provided the reason/background information after all.

Sorian

Banned
I bet you like that!

Three hours to go and I tried to catch what I missed while I way away and huh... with how things are going I'm not that sure either choice is as bad or as good as the other. Especially in regards to the current thread climate - which is pretty subdued, I feel hesitant to leave my Vote on Coppa for now.

So... Coppa claimed, which I myself acknowledged as convienient. But there is also still Sorian's claim out there, no? Maybe I'm misinterpreting things, please educate me, but suppose he's scum, but his ability (IGNITE -> KILL) is still - or at least a form of it - true. Felt like it got all pushed under the rug while the discussion went on...

What else is there to say about my claim? I have no way to prove it other than me staying alive two nights and I'm not so stupid to think I can make that plea. I got screwed on bad luck and now I'm sitting here with my pants down because I can't argue balance without knowing anything about the team I am balancing against. I know I'm a 1-shot town strong vig. I don't know what I am here to counter. I can guess (and I have) but it's just that, guessing.

Ty4on

So you argue scum would poison their own strong killer?
No, I think it's much more likely Sorian self targeted like Kark suggested.

Regarding what Coppa did on N2 when he targeted Kark I'm just speculating, but I think he could be an investigative role who helped scum find TL N1. Kark seems like a reasonable target because he was breadcrumbing a role and hadn't claimed anything concrete. He might have sort of claimed ordinary (it's [role] in the description), but I don't quite remember when he said that.

Coppanuva

Why would I have confirmed Kark's role block when he started bringing it up then? If this was all a master plan, I would have ignored it and pretended I had no clue what he was talking about. I still think knocking out your own vote seems stupid (and I also know it doubles as a role block so even worse) but sure, I have no way of countering that accusation.

Because countering what some town claimed to do is a horrible play as scum if you know their flip will reveal them as town. Scum would know he was town, and also realize that claiming a town PR is lying about their action would be way too obvious as scum and get you lynched immediately.

Because countering what some town claimed to do is a horrible play as scum if you know their flip will reveal them as town. Scum would know he was town, and also realize that claiming a town PR is lying about their action would be way too obvious as scum and get you lynched immediately.
That's why you're not countering

Sorian

Banned

Except, I would have just claimed ordinary if I wanted to lie. It's by far the easiest claim and then I could have just feigned ignorance to Kark and moved about. Him being proven a role blocker later doesn't mean shit if I am claiming to be ordinary, I wouldn't know anything about being blocked in that case.

Hey Camjo
Lets talk Robin to Robin
I think Coppa is scum
I would appreciate it if you voted for Coppa
If you don't want to trust Sorian, you can trust me if you like.
I've trusted you, at least.

Sorian

Banned
I dunno if I missed this, but is there anything that prevents Coppa/Ty from both being scum? Or scum/neutral?

No, it is a possibility but once you kill one scum/neutral on scum's list then the list no longer becomes evidence. The remaining person might be scum/neutral too but using the list against them would be pointless.

Coppanuva

That's why you're not countering

Trigger you mean? Nope, I'm not countering because it's the truth. I have nothing to hide right now, my role and all its flavor is out in the open. I'm not putting up any last minute showboating, I'm not going to come up with any elaborate claims like I do when I'm going down as scum. What's going to help us win is me being honest and upfront about what I think is going on, and what my role is. I've done that, and I've done all I can to help us win.

So has Sorain made a full role claim somewhere? I've gone back to the beginning of the day, but I think I missed it.

He says he's Azrael and charges up the Sword for a one shot vig kill. No mention of what happened to the Suit mentioned in the wiki I read for these weird minor characters.

(Bat Hound? Really Roy?)

Sorian

Banned
So has Sorain made a full role claim somewhere? I've gone back to the beginning of the day, but I think I missed it.

Didn't look that hard, I full-claimed like 10 minutes after day start:

So after Roy posted results yesterday, I got a PM from him. It said (changing the wording) that the effects of the joker toxin worsen causing me to be unable to submit a night action due to fits of laughter. About 5min before day start, I got a PM saying that the effects of the toxin faded which I assume means my vote counts again too. So it looks like that wasn't just a vote eraser but a dual ability with an auto role block that night.

As for my ability, no reason to be coy now since I can't use it until tomorrow night now (I verified with Roy, I lost my charge meaning I have to start the process again.) So again, I am Michael Lane, aka Azrael. I am town's 1-shot strong vigilante, which is why I didn't think my action could be stopped anymore, a normal role block can't stop a strong kill but preventing me from even submitting an action will sure do it. I kill using the sword of sin. I have to spend one night using IGNITE with the sword. The following night I have a regular KILL command which acts as a strong kill. I'll have to ignite again tonight to even have a chance of killing.

So yeah, my intention was to kill Coppa last night (which I will push full force by vote today) but I couldn't. I remember (not finding it on mobile) that weemad said she thought it was too bad I obviously wasn't a vig, I'm not sure why she thought that though. I'll try to field questions as much as I can but don't expect any other huge posts until I'm at a comp later tonight.

This argument doesn't make sense to me.

'We need a scum lynch. We have a scum. But worry about it later and lynch a different scum possibility with less evidence!'

Surely going for the scummiest scum is still the best play.

I believe he's scum, but I know that one of Coppa or Ty4on is scum/neutral. How sure are you that Sorian is scum?

Wait, am I misremembering (genuine question) - weren't you against the list, you of all people?
I bet you like that!

I was throwing out possibilities to see what shook out of people's reactions. Of course my list is legit and we should lynch from it, it's 50/50 ffs.

Ty4on

[...]
Sorian... well, I never heard of that Batman character ever before, so I can't comment on the lore right now. And regarding his actual claim, it seems to come down to reasons of balance as he - outside of current events - didn't read Scum to me... probably due to sorianism, though. I will keep that especially in mind going forward.

VOTE: Coppanuva

This is your first post in this day phase.
[...]
Three hours to go and I tried to catch what I missed while I way away and huh... with how things are going I'm not that sure either choice is as bad or as good as the other. Especially in regards to the current thread climate - which is pretty subdued, I feel hesitant to leave my Vote on Coppa for now.

So... Coppa claimed, which I myself acknowledged as convienient. But there is also still Sorian's claim out there, no? Maybe I'm misinterpreting things, please educate me, but suppose he's scum, but his ability (IGNITE -> KILL) is still - or at least a form of it - true. Felt like it got all pushed under the rug while the discussion went on...

For now... (I will be here)
VOTE: Sorian
Then you voted Sorian with a weak reasoning. What changed? You don't really explain it in the post.

Sorian

Banned
Smells like a bus to me.

Just got back, I see you find it weird below anyway but how is this a bus? Coppa was one away from turbo, why would you bus by bringing your teammate back to turbo range when they were safe at the moment? wee was even acting like we should wrap it up early with Coppa in the lead. Smells more like scum switching votes to get me lynched now but that doesn't even make sense either since he could have just turboed me yesterday if he was going to be so obvious.

Camjo-Z

Hey Camjo
Lets talk Robin to Robin
I think Coppa is scum
I would appreciate it if you voted for Coppa
If you don't want to trust Sorian, you can trust me if you like.
I've trusted you, at least.

Robin to Robin, I think Sorian is scum. And while I'm not scumreading you currently due to your doctor claim, I definitely don't trust the fellows currently on Coppa with you.

Fireblend

Banned
Maybe they didn't expect the Coppa vote to get so much traction after Sorian was 1 away from the lynch and are now scrambling, but then again if Coppa is scum a better plan would be to bus him as they presumably were willing to do first thing today IMO rather than revealing themselves like this, wonder what changed.

Karu

This is your first post in this day phase.

Then you voted Sorian with a weak reasoning. What changed? You don't really explain it in the post.
I said that I will have to read Sorian more carefully, because he comes off as Town to me anyway always, not that that is an unknown, rare phenomenon.

Why did I change the Vote? Because the voting climate of the last few hours/votes doesn't sit right with me. Especially with wee's post right before mine (admittedly read it only after posting), which indicates more than anything how "satisfied" everybody seems with the current situation.

Then again... even now with the scale leaning the other way, it's comparatively quiet in here.

roytheone

Day 4 votes

coppanuva (5)
sorian 2388
xamtheking 2394 (2567)
fireblend 2450 (2608)
karu 2503 (3050)
ty4on 2735 (2956)
xamtheking 2749
fireblend 2961
launchpadmcq 2967
ty4on 3006

sorian (6)
camjo-z 2420 (2765)
weemadarthur 2423 (2493)
coppanuva 2433
cornburrito 2477
el topo 2547
weemadarthur 2561
launchpadmcq 2563 (2612)
launchpadmcq 2710 (2868)
camjo-z 2781
karu 3050

weemadarthur (0)
el topo 2448 (2547)
ty4on 2451 (2482)
ty4on 2674 (2735)

fireblend (0)
ty4on 2482 (2537)

ty4on (0)
launchpadmcq 2498 (2563)
xamtheking 2567 (2749)
fireblend 2608 (2961)

trigger (0)
ty4on 2537 (2674)
ty4on 2956 (3002)

xamtheking (0)
trigger 2688 (2756)

coppa (0)
ty4on 3002 (3006)

ourobolus (1)
ourobolus 3012

Sorian

Banned
How many votes will it take to vote out ourobolus?

All 12.

I said that I will have to read Sorian more carefully, because he comes off as Town to me anyway always, not that that is an unknown, rare phenomenon.

Why did I change the Vote? Because the voting climate of the last few hours/votes doesn't sit right with me. Especially with wee's post right before mine (admittedly read it only after posting), which indicates more than anything how "satisfied" everybody seems with the current situation.

Then again... even now with the scale leaning the other way, it's comparatively quiet in here.

If I come off as town then why is your vote on me?

roytheone

bla_1460494800.png

Top Bottom