• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

El Topo

Also you're really telling me that mafia would use their only blocker to block Sorian, instead of the tracker or the doctor? Come on.

Ty4on

He wasn't trying to clear Kark, that's why he didn't bring it up with any time for people to properly process the claim. The fact that the discussion was recently drifting towards Coppa's sleepwalker claim means Trigger's purpose is being served exactly as planned.
What is that purpose? Getting Coppa's role or making him look more suspicious?
Uh, yes it does. They're making the list smaller specifically TO create doubt about its validity for tomorrow. I explained this.

Also, Launch's vote was after Trigger's softclaim, Absolut specifically says he "doesn't have a great feel for this vote", and Xam appears to have voted him solely due to his appearance in the list. So aside from you , Sorian is the only one who has voiced any significant suspicions of Coppa before today.
This hinges on me not being lynched (if I am scum).

I didn't check the entire thread, but you're probably right that no one else voiced significant suspicion of Coppa. In my experience though that's often how it is with scum. In Love Boat Kyan/Retroid where prodded a bit in D1 because of their inactivity, but very few voiced concern about them. Similarly Kawl/Blarg got a lot of attention for their reveal, but only 4 votes in all of D1, 2 being from the other tracker pair. Flame and Coppa was the only scum pair that was scum read by a lot of people. Heck, it's probably the same with Trigger who has only received 3 votes in this entire game.
1) I'm not, so it's not that. We can do this dance all day, but it doesn't change that fact.

2) This is a very, very subtle claim vs the implications of going after the people in my list. Scum knows I'm telling the truth. They would have to have some serious balls to take that gamble.

I'd love to hear what you think about Sorian.

It really bothers me that Coppa has said so little that I can't get a read off of him, but I'm having a hard time of making him town. Knowing my own alignment obv helps.
Sorian was my top scum read last night. I tried piecing together scum teams and they all started with him as scum. His role claim reeked of being an excuse for not being night killed and when I pushed him yesterday on his suspicions of Kark they seemed weak. He didn't seem genuinely vested in them. He has shown some frustration today, but it didn't seem very genuine. I find it weird how he also didn't push Coppa much yesterday and rather focused on Kark. He had scum read Kark previously, but I still find it weird that he almost forgot about Coppa.

Also you're really telling me that mafia would use their only blocker to block Sorian, instead of the tracker or the doctor? Come on.
Looking at the timeline I believe scum gave the command to give Sorian the toxin on Night 2. Then Day 3 rolls around and the first part of the toxin activates. Fast forward to Night 3 and the second part of the toxin activates, preventing Sorian from submitting any commands. If Sorian is telling the truth, scum doesn't have a tradition roleblocker and instead has the superblocker that comes at a cost

Sorian

Banned
1) I'm not, so it's not that. We can do this dance all day, but it doesn't change that fact.

2) This is a very, very subtle claim vs the implications of going after the people in my list. Scum knows I'm telling the truth. They would have to have some serious balls to take that gamble.

------

I was really just throwing the idea out there. Joker as neutral makes sense; he's the character that usually ends up backstabbing the other villains for his own agenda and doesn't really form alliances in the source material. I don't know what the role details would be past what you've testified to, and at least we know part of that is confirmed truth. However, it would seem a bit overpowered for a single scum player to have this two part ability, no? The ability to cancel out a vote and roleblock, assuming these are the same power?

Lynching Coppa is a mistake, anyway. We don't know enough and there's some strong evidence pointing that this pool of players is inconsequential. Scum really did kill AB so that we would hone in on this set of players. The only reason I'm focused more on Ty4on is because of Trigger's ability, but I see I am taking that far too much at face value.

So, you don't even care about the list anymore (wel calling it insubstantial at least) and it's your own power? What do you want to pursue then?

Did Coppa and Trigger fully role-claim?

No

They started the process of blocking me night 2 so the tracker was not even a thought yet. I think it's pretty apparent that they don't care about Xam though I'm not sure why.

Sorian

Banned

It really bothers me that Coppa has said so little that I can't get a read off of him, but I'm having a hard time of making him town. Knowing my own alignment obv helps.
Sorian was my top scum read last night. I tried piecing together scum teams and they all started with him as scum. His role claim reeked of being an excuse for not being night killed and when I pushed him yesterday on his suspicions of Kark they seemed weak. He didn't seem genuinely vested in them. He has shown some frustration today, but it didn't seem very genuine. I find it weird how he also didn't push Coppa much yesterday and rather focused on Kark. He had scum read Kark previously, but I still find it weird that he almost forgot about Coppa.

I think scum set it up so that we get scared off of the list which seems to be partially happening. "Oh, there must not be scum here because they killed the list and narrowed itself, either Launch is lying or the list only has a neutral on it." I've already not cared too much about the list, only using it as extra evidence when I already have a case on someone so it makes no difference to me. I dropped Coppa and went for Kark in the early parts of day 3 because he set up and him or me situation and with the roleblock that I felt like scum would have,it seemed more likely that Kark was scum over Coppa. I also didn't have a vote yesterday and the final hours came down to Kark vs. Coppa either of which I was fine with so yeah, I pushed Kark up there but at the end of the day, I was fine with either. I argued the Kark side because I felt it was more likely even if only a little bit.

Ty4on

Looking at the timeline I believe scum gave the command to give Sorian the toxin on Night 2. Then Day 3 rolls around and the first part of the toxin activates. Fast forward to Night 3 and the second part of the toxin activates, preventing Sorian from submitting any commands. If Sorian is telling the truth, scum doesn't have a tradition roleblocker and instead has the superblocker that comes at a cost

It could have hit Trigger and we just don't know it yet.

If my ability didn't exist, Sorian would be my #1, tbh. I said it last day phase when he asked for top scum. I listed the 4 on my investigation list, then Sorian:

Sorian's claim is the one that isn't meshing with me. I'm not sure what he's intending to do, and his character was a villain at one point, as well.

For right now, because I know my list is legit:

Top Scum: gryven, AB, Coppa, Ty4on, Sorian

So, you don't even care about the list anymore (wel calling it insubstantial at least) and it's your own power? What do you want to pursue then?

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that it's insubstantial for catching scum. Probably.

Sorian

Banned
No, it would have shown up in the vote count, just like with Sorian

Trigger hasn't voted yet. He hasn't even said anything yet today. You seem oddly sure of yourself though, it's just as odd as weemad going out of her way to make sure everyone votes and shows whether they are blocked or not.

Yeah, fuck it. I'm in with a Sorian lynch.

VOTE: Sorian

This two part ability thing just doesn't make much sense. We know his vote was taken, but the charging up then failing a bunch of times smells like bullshit.

Trigger hasn't voted yet. He hasn't even said anything yet today. You seem oddly sure of yourself though, it's just as odd as weemad going out of her way to make sure everyone votes and shows whether they are blocked or not.

That's me being odd? Really? Lol what an argument.

Here is new theory
Ty4on and Trigger are both scum
Trigger's outing of Coppanuva makes a lot of sense if you combine it with the AB kill last night. It forced town to focus on the list, but thanks to trigger we already had a taret from that list in the form of Coppa. If coppa got lynched, we would probably lynch launch next, and lost the game. If we voted on ty4on, it would boost Trigger's town standing tremendously, the best of a bad situation.
VOTE: Ty4on

Karu

Ok but like... I don't see how no communication would make their choice that bad.

There is a doctor claim and a tracker claim.
Well, yes? I may be a bit confused what you're getting at here, though. Killing Absolut shortens the list, which contains the name of one or more Scum (or Neutral, which as mentioned byothers i believe, could be a good reason for Scum afterall - sorry, have overlooked this in my previous post). There are still rather important Roles out there that would have been potentially been better targets. So...? That's all I am getting at, at least.

This is meta as hell but you can see the blank spaces when sorian tried to vote. This means that sorian attempted to move his vote and succeded within the tool proper, but then had to be manually cut out by roy or royal

ALSO
Sorian's stolen vote had no link to the post where it was given, meaning it must have been taken away BEFORE the start of the day. Check and mate.

Ty4on

I actually don't think there was ever a time I wasn't voting yesterday so I don't know.
That's true. I didn't remember how early you voted, but I was being kinda rhetorical.
This is meta as hell but you can see the blank spaces when sorian tried to vote. This means that sorian attempted to move his vote and succeded within the tool proper, but then had to be manually cut out by roy or royal

ALSO
Sorian's stolen vote had no link to the post where it was given, meaning it must have been taken away BEFORE the start of the day. Check and mate.

ALSO

Yes, that could not possibly be explained by roy not manually connecting the vote post when he edited the file. It must be something bigger.

A little bit, hardly worth pressing but you seem very concerned with making sure everyone checks their vote.

Yep, I was concerned. We still don't know if trigger got votefuscated. I'm glad it isn't xam who has six votes on him. If half the game thought he was scum to that extent, he'd just turbo himself. And we'd never get to hear from trigger lol.

Well, yes? I may be a bit confused what you're getting at here, though. Killing Absolut shortens the list, which contains the name of one or more Scum (or Neutral, which as mentioned byothers i believe, could be a good reason for Scum afterall - sorry, have overlooked this in my previous post). There are still rather important Roles out there that would have been potentially been better targets. So...? That's all I am getting at, at least.

So I'm saying that if scum is on Launch's list, Absolut was an abysmal kill. And you go with the theory "hmm if they were chatbombed they must have become lobotomized."

So I'm saying that if scum is on Launch's list, Absolut was an abysmal kill. And you go with the theory "hmm if they were chatbombed they must have become lobotomized."

The whole town seems to have missed the concept that the list launchpad gave us has Five names. Four voters and launchpad. It was always a possibility that launchpad made up the whole gambit after seeing that Karkador's list didn't do a lot. If launchpad is scum, he would know which voters were also mafia, and wouldn't need a power to report on it.

Karu

So... what's the difference, now? :D At best you're arguing semantics-level of details here. Absolut may have been a sub-optimal kill. Chat bomb might have contributed to that sub-optimal choice.

Sorian

Banned
Yep, I was concerned. We still don't know if trigger got votefuscated. I'm glad it isn't xam who has six votes on him. If half the game thought he was scum to that extent, he'd just turbo himself. And we'd never get to hear from trigger lol.

Yeah I'm not planning to turbo myself, that's stupid to help with this mislynch when we are already so deep in the hole. I'd also rather the day go to length even if I'm getting lynched at the end of it, we need all the help we can get time wise.

Yeah I'm not planning to turbo myself, that's stupid to help with this mislynch when we are already so deep in the hole. I'd also rather the day go to length even if I'm getting lynched at the end of it, we need all the help we can get time wise.

Right, that's my point.

You're not so excitable that you can't handle the pressure. As town you wouldn't do it because there's no upside. As scum you'd wait unless your team talking more would dig them deeper into a hole.

---------
So, on to additional scum hunting. If we accept the premise that Sorian is scum, and was only roleblocked by Karkador, then he could in theory be the vote remover. He would have cast it on himself to see whether he was again role blocked, also adding a bit of town cred.

Going back to see who seemed to be working right along with Sorian during day two and three.

Fireblend

Banned
So Sorian is at 6. Some thoughts:

- I find it hard to believe that Coppa is actually a sleepwalker. I feel like he would've claimed earlier if that was the case, and wish Trigger had come out with his findings yesterday. I don't fully trust Trigger but I find it unlikely he'd come out in defense of Kark like that if he was scum.

- I think votes on Sorian are justified in that he's been metagaming and tunneling a lot which is something Sorian does (thanks weemad for your summary post). I'm worried about how fast he's reached 6 votes, a couple of which are from people who I read as mostly town, because when that happens without any major opposition I get the feeling it's a result scum is happy with.

- Still thinking about the AB lynch. We're pretty much guessing whether it's a bluff to make us think there's nothing in the list after all, or to make us look at the 50% chance and take the gamble. What I'm wondering is though, why aren't Ty and Coppa pushing each other? Unless Launch is lying, the town member in that pair would have to know the other is either scum or neutral, so... why is Ty not voting for Coppa and vice-versa? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Sorian

Banned
- Still thinking about the AB lynch. We're pretty much guessing whether it's a bluff to make us think there's nothing in the list after all, or to make us look at the 50% chance and take the gamble. What I'm wondering is though, why aren't Ty and Coppa pushing each other? Unless Launch is lying, the town member in that pair would have to know the other is either scum or neutral, so... why is Ty not voting for Coppa and vice-versa? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Shock and awe! Maybe they are both scum and this little AB play was so that we'd kill one and "clear" the other, on top of the mind game of already throwing the whole thing into doubt by brazenly killing someone on the list. What do I know though, I'm next on the chopping block as it stands while Coppa gets away again. I will at least say that I think killing AB was brilliant and would have been something I would have suggested if I was scum.

roytheone

Day 4 votes

coppanuva (3)
sorian 2388
xamtheking 2394 (2567)
fireblend 2450
karu 2503

sorian (6)
camjo-z 2420
weemadarthur 2423 (2493)
coppanuva 2433
cornburrito 2477
el topo 2547
weemadarthur 2561
launchpadmcq 2563

weemadarthur (0)
el topo 2448 (2547)
ty4on 2451 (2482)

fireblend (0)
ty4on 2482 (2537)

ty4on (1)
launchpadmcq 2498 (2563)
xamtheking 2567

trigger (1)
ty4on 2537

7 votes are needed for majority!
bla_1460494800.png

Ty4on

Coppa quickly got a lot of votes so I didn't see the need to vote for him. He's also been kinda quiet and I got carried away trying to prod other people.

I also want to find the other scum. It's a pipe dream, I know, but we're so late in the game without a scum kill that I think we kind of need to.

And look at scum ty4on voting for his scum buddy trigger to make himself look even better
ALSO
When I discovered the "truth" about no-one's vote being stolen, guess who was the first one to try to counter me?
That's right, our good buddy ty4on

Ty4on

And look at scum ty4on voting for his scum buddy trigger to make himself look even better
ALSO
When I discovered the "truth" about no-one's vote being stolen, guess who was the first one to try to counter me?
That's right, our good buddy ty4on

Or you revealed that you knew too much about the vote stealer
CWb5z0IUwAABpMm.jpg

Congrats scum you did it
I wonder what losing feels like
Why so self-defeatist? Probably because nothing I do means anything right now.
Spec thread, I would love some ASPCA commercials for gryvan please.

Sorian

Banned
I'm more apt to believe Ty4on over Xam on this in all honesty. Xam said a lot about the lack of vote steal and seems to be back tracking. That also just sounds like something town Xam would do though and I'm still not touching that Doctor claim.

I'm more apt to believe Ty4on over Xam on this in all honesty. Xam said a lot about the lack of vote steal and seems to be back tracking. That also just sounds like something town Xam would do though and I'm still not touching that Doctor claim.
Want me to hammer and get this over with, then?
We are finished anyway

Sorian

Banned
Want me to hammer and get this over with, then?
We are finished anyway

No, I'm giving one opinion out of 12. I just think you are on the wrong side of the argument, the defeatist attitude is not needed. If we can get one scum then that could lead to a domino effect of scum has been covering for each other to much.

Top Bottom