• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

roytheone

mpfYYG3.png

Confused, they woke up. The room they were in was dark and cold. Except from the one TV left in the centre of the room, there was nothing in it. Outside the room, there were many doors leading to unknown places. They looked at each other, and counted their numbers. Nineteen. There were Nineteen of them. Nineteen people wearing white bunny masks. Their heads were filled with questions.

“Where are they?” “Who are these other people?” “Who put them here?” “What are these masks?” “Where do the doors lead?”

Before they could openly ask those questions, the lonely TV in the centre suddenly turned on.

“Oh hello there, I see you monkey brains had finally decided to wake up! Welcome to my humble abode!”

On the TV was a weird looking man, wearing even weirder clothes. A green jacket with a bunch of question marks on it. A green bowler hat was on his head. And in his hand: a golden cane in the shape of a Question Mark. It was clear who he was: Edward E. Nigma, AKA, The Riddler !

“Now, you are probably trying to use your extremely incompetent intellect to try and figure out what is going on. And while I would love to see you try and fail to find an explanation over and over again, the sad truth is we don’t have until the end of time, so let me explain it in terms even the biggest of idiots, and with that I mean you, can understand it: I am sick and tired of having to share this city with people who are so intellectually inferior that they aren’t even suited to lick my shoes, let alone be my adversary! So, that's why I brought you all here, to play a little game of wits to determine who is allowed to challenge me and fail.

“The game we will play is simple: There are both heroes and villains here. You all have been given fake names, the dumbest ones i could find to mirror your stupidity. Every Day you will vote one of you out. Now, since I know some of you don’t want to kill because of some idiotic, misplaces sense of honor, the voted out player will be send to one of my ingenious puzzle rooms, where they will face a brilliantly constructed challange and assuredly fail to overcome it. That way, you can lie to yourself and pretend you didn’t actually killed them yourself! Now, let’s start, sh……”

Another voice echoed inside the room: “Eh, Mr. Nigma, I have a few remarks about your game.”

The Riddler reacted annoyed. “Remarks? What kind of remarks could someone with a peanut sized brain have about my perfect game?”

“Well, to start with, we could easily figure out who is who by their body type. We could also just ask questions only certain people would know the answer to. We could also recognize each other by voice, and these masks hardly cover up our whole face. Honestly, this game is poorly thought out and unbalanced”.

The Riddler was visibly angry. “Well, that is not the case, because…..well….you couldn't do that because……..What is the fake name I gave you? “

“It’s Burbeting, sir”

“Well, Burbeting, YOU WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO GO!”

Nigma pressed a button, and suddenly Burbeting walked to one of the doors, like he couldn’t control his own actions anymore. He opened the door, and walked through. First there was silence. Then there was a deafening Growl.

Burbeting screamed. “Oh my god, it is so big and hairy, how is this a puzz……..!!!” The sound of flesh tearing from bones cut the sentence short.

Burbeting has died!

Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are A generic GCPD officer.

You are aligned with the heroes.

Your friend thinks you are crazy, becoming a cop in Gotham city???? That is a death sentence! You laugh it off and pretend that it isn’t all that bad, but deep inside you know they were right. But it payswell, and you need the money to take care for your pregnant wife, terminally ill kids and the 5 abandoned puppies you selflessly took in. They are all counting on you to get out of this crazy person's death trap alive, so you will not give up. You will help the heroes take down the villains, and survive! Maybe even get some autographs for your daughter, she will love that!

You don’t have any cool super powers, or any of those cool gadgets, hell, you aren’t even as smart as those guys. But you still have the power to VOTE! So use that power to take down the villains and get back to your family alive!

You win when all the villains are eliminated.

The thread can be found here: You are looking at it idiots
If you have any questions, please send them to me! Have fun!

The Riddler smiled. “Now then, anyone else has a “remark” about my game? No? Let's start then.”

39c780e4-deb8-45ff-987a-9e561970cbe0.gif

roytheone

Player list:

1. Camjo-Z [m]
2. Coppanuva [m]
3. El topo [m]
4. Fireblend [m]
5. Flame_AC [m]
6. FluxWaveZ [m] --> AbsolutBro [m]
7. Karkador [m] --> gryvan
8. Karu [m]
9. Mazre [m]
10. Pop-o-matic [m] --> CornBurrito [m]
11. SkyOdin [m]
12. Sorian [m]
13. TheGoddamn [m] --> LaunchpadMcQ [m]
14. TL21xx [m]
15. Trigger [m]
16. Ty4on [m]
17. weemadarthur [-]
18. Xamtheking [m]

Day starts and ends:

Day 1 start
Day 2 start
Day 3 start
Day 4 start

The latest vote count can be found here.

roytheone

The rules

Fundamental
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least once per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. Each Day Phase will last 3 days. Day Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 72 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
13. Each Night phase will last 2 days. Night Phases officially begin when the game-runner notifies players in the game thread, and end exactly 48 hours later (by NeoGAF post time-stamps).
14. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
15. In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").
16. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.
17. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death
18. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
19. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
20. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
21. Misspelt votes will be accepted within reason; if the game-runner is unsure they will notify you and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.
22. Once someone has received a strict majority (>50%) of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
23. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
24. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread
25. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread will be created.
26. On death, a player can either opt to join the replacement list, or receive a link to the Dead Thread. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the Dead Thread cannot act as replacements.
27. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other
28. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative. Do not use it.
29. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
30. Do not use the email tags to hide extra content in your posts.
31. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor.
32. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
33. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
34. Completed GAF games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.

Additional
35. I will accept Night Actions up to three hours before the Day starts. Missing actions will be decided at Moderator’s discretion.

El Topo

You can also try to get a spot on the replacement list. There's usually some people that have to quit due to time constraints.

Camjo-Z

kpxLEWe.png
Cv7vgLA.png
FUZQkcA.png
rwrCIBS.png

I keep making sprite edits but I can't decide on one. YesNOnoNOYes suggested Joker in the main mafia thread but I don't trust spiders. Someone pick between Batman/Robin/Two-Face.

SkyOdin

I keep making sprite edits but I can't decide on one. YesNOnoNOYes suggested Joker in the main mafia thread but I don't trust spiders. Someone pick between Batman/Robin/Two-Face.
I'd suggest Two-Face. It is the most similar to your normal avatar while still being recognizable as a Batman character.

Camjo-Z

Post your PM in this thread, using [mafia*][/mafia*] as tags, but without the * obviously. I may or may not be serious.

[mafia]Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are El Topo.

You are aligned with metagaming.

You win when one newbie posts their Role PM.[/mafia]

Sorian

Banned
Wait, we need to confirm? Do I need to PM you or something? I'm still figuring out how to do this.

Usually confirming means either PMing the gamerunner back or posting in the thread. It's likely that Roy is already counting you as checked in.

Top Bottom