• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman in Texas questioned by upstanding citizen when she enters the woman's restroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

And people wonder why others protests these idiots and their policies and laws. They just embolden already bigoted people and scare others unnecessarily.

mf.luder

When are we going to do a better job at educating our youth on what's currently going on with how people identify?

Thank god this man went into the women's bathroom and harassed a woman to prevent a man from going into the women's bathroom and harassing a woman.
All that needs to be said, really. You couldn't even write a scenario like this because people would think it was too on the nose.

Once upon a time there were no laws governing who used what bathroom. You might get a dirty look for going into the "wrong" restroom, but people didn't generally flip out. The only people who got into trouble were the ones being creepy regardless of their gender. Bad behavior is the only reason to toss anyone, regardless of gender, out of a bathroom and so it was.

Then Gays were allowed to marry other gays and religious conservatives lost their collective minds.

Now we are in the age where the old bigots are grasping at every handhold they can get that gives them the chance to look over peoples' shoulders and tell them how to live their lives because they are losing ground and know it. The current boogeyman target is Trans in the bathroom and now we have an all new stupid law nobody ever used to think necessary. But hey, it gives people an excuse to gender police, not just police trans people but anyone who doesn't conform to traditional family values, like women who don't wear dresses and men who just aren't manly enough. After all, men who don't grow beards might be women in disguise! Arrest em' if they use a bathroom. Which bathroom? Either one, just to be safe.

The confusion isn't universal, however. Once, because the women's restroom was full and figuring that everyone mistook her for a dude anyways, she tried using the men's bathroom at a bar. Its occupants were immediately panic stricken. "Whoa, there's a chick in the bathroom!" they yelled. "Get out, get out!"

Wat? As a dude I wouldn't care if there was a dog shitting in the stall next to mine let alone another human being. What a thing be a sissy about...

So what you are saying is we need cameras in the bathroom? I agree.
In a restroom with stalls I have no problem with this as long as the camera isn't pointed into the stalls. I wouldn't be able to poop knowing there's a camera watching me.

GrapeApes

Wat? As a dude I wouldn't care if there was a dog shitting in the stall next to mine let alone another human being. What a thing be a sissy about
Gonna assume this is late night at a bar. If I was there I'd tell her to get out too. This wasn't some noble stand she was taking. She just didn't want to wait in line. If a man tried that he'd be bounced out the bar.

androvsky

Thank god this man went into the women's bathroom and harassed a woman to prevent a man from going into the women's bathroom and harassing a woman.
Remember, if you outlaw penises in women's restrooms, only outlaw penises will be in women's restrooms.

Seriously, conservatives aren't too far from fighting for unisex restrooms if they had any sort of internal consistency.

mAcOdIn

Wat? As a dude I wouldn't care if there was a dog shitting in the stall next to mine let alone another human being. What a thing be a sissy about...
Eh, in all honesty if it was a bar there were probably a ton of urinals, or a long trough, it'd probably be weird for a lot of guys to be caught in that situation.

But if everything's stalls and you only see each other washing hands or on the way out or in I don't see an issue.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My favorite book as a kid. I'm glad someone else remembers it.

This makes me furious. Who the fuck cares which bathroom you take a dump in?

You can't do a dump in a urinal. Oh wait, anyone who has ever worked in a busy public place with a restroom has seen the many attempts.

gdt

It was embarrassing for sure but the guy didn't seem hostile at all once he realized his mistake. His explanation was a little bit offensive but I'm sure he learned a lesson. Kind of don't think she should have uploaded the video cause he wasn't angry or hateful he just did something dumb.

What would've happened if she turned out to be a trans woman? Would he have dragged her out the bathroom? Beat the shit out of her?

This dude had no fucking business doing this shit.

It was embarrassing for sure but the guy didn't seem hostile at all once he realized his mistake. His explanation was a little bit offensive but I'm sure he learned a lesson. Kind of don't think she should have uploaded the video cause he wasn't angry or hateful he just did something dumb.

Yeah, no. As someone just noted, he went into the women's bathroom in order to engage in hostile behavior. What a weird defense to make of a creepy predator.

PopeReal

So what is training like for the bathroom police? Do they just look at vaginas and penises all day long? Any sensitivity training?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So what is training like for the bathroom police? Do they just look at vaginas and penises all day long? Any sensitivity training?

Fedoras should be part of their uniform.

M'lady, are you sure you are woman?

Bronx-Man

Banned
🎵They're the Peen Police!
They're looking for me!

Ev-ery!
Sin-gle night!
They're driving me insaaaaaaaane!
🎵

Metalmarc

The confusion isn't universal, however. Once, because the women's restroom was full and figuring that everyone mistook her for a dude anyways, she tried using the men's bathroom at a bar. Its occupants were immediately panic stricken. "Whoa, there's a chick in the bathroom!" they yelled. "Get out, get out!"

Wait, what? This happens all the time at bars, I can't imagine anyone actually getting mad at that.

I read that part too, like whoa it's not the first time shes been confused as a man in the wrong bathroom if you read the article, and a this quote above woman in a mens room too so like several times she cant catch a break.

d65860722e96e26d300f6968078fb9a7.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
Once, because the women's restroom was full and figuring that everyone mistook her for a dude anyways, she tried using the men's bathroom at a bar. Its occupants were immediately panic stricken. "Whoa, there's a chick in the bathroom!" they yelled. "Get out, get out!"

this is weird. I've seen women using the men's restroom plenty of times, and no one ever said anything

oh and now you have the crazies barging into women's restrooms whenever they feel like they have to be an upstanding citizen, that's so much better, right

Can someone remind what was the problem with 1 bathroom for both sexes. I think that would eliminate these types of situations. The sooner we do this the sooner we'll get over it.

Cyan

Banned
Can someone remind what was the problem with 1 bathroom for both sexes. I think that would eliminate these types of situations. The sooner we do this the sooner we'll get over it.

I mean, this is sort of like the argument that instead of pushing for gay marriage we should push for all government-sanctioned marriage to be abolished. There's huge cultural inertia on some of these things. Trying to change all bathrooms in the country to be unisex would meet with a lot of resistance and also be a major practical problem. Why try to fight for that when there's already a perfectly acceptable solution that works and has been working for ages?

Amory

Because most people would rather have separate bathrooms?

If you identify as a certain gender and feel more comfortable using that bathroom, go ahead and use it who cares.

But personally I wouldn't feel comfortable going into a bathroom with women around (I generally feel uncomfortable in public bathrooms anyway) and I doubt most women would want dudes in their bathroom either.

xenist

Oh no! I might piss in the vicinity of the opposite sex!

What's with this sudden fascination with this nonsense? I've had female janitors around when I was in a public bathroom more times than I can remember. Not a single rape yet.

What's with this sudden fascination with this nonsense? I've had female janitors around when I was in a public bathroom more times than I can remember. Not a single rape yet.

Just bona fide transphobia. Pretty easy to spot the similarities in straw-grasping at these arguments and the ones for homophobia. If you're not cis/straight, their arguments boil down to "you're automatically a sex-addict predator seeking to assault children every waking moment of the day".

Cyan

Banned

Gay marriage winning in the Supremes threw conservatives into a gay panic. Now they're flailing around trying to find some way--any way!--of stopping those terrifying LGBT people from having dignity and happiness.

daveo42

Banned
I await someone willing to take up the mantle of bathroom vigilantism to protect those who fear transgendered individuals.

Have you seen a woman's bathroom? No thanks.

Depends on the location. Public restrooms are always the worst, regardless of sex. But, one of the women's bathrooms at a church I went to as a kid had a full lounging area. As a kid, I was a bit upset that us guys didn't get something like that. All we ever did was go to the bathroom to piss or shit.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Gay marriage winning in the Supremes threw conservatives into a gay panic. Now they're flailing around trying to find some way--any way!--of stopping those terrifying LGBT people from having dignity and happiness.

after they lose this bathroom thing, they're going to start doing some voting fuckery -- something like "you must have your biological sex on your voter registration to be able to vote"

they're just going to double down on this, IMO. its been working for them against POC for 50 years.

devilhawk

Much of it isn't even just about transphobia. It is the "save the children; men will exploit this to abuse little girls" crap (which transphobia is a part of). The "creep-labeling" culture that exists now is depressing in how pervasive it is, especially on this forum.

Don't like someone? Call them a creep. This type of thought then gets propagated and actually harms innocents.

Eumi

I'm not sure I've ever seen a stupid law get exposed as stupid this quickly before and it's wonderful. These bathroom laws are ridiculous and I can't believe America has let them happen. It's actually causing what I can only describe as a gender paranoia, and every level of it is terrible. "Trans women are all perverts because they're secretly men and we all know that all men are perverts!" has like 5 levels of bigotry, but it seems to fly really easy in the states. Well, in some parts of the states before people feel the need to point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom