• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FE | Genei Ibunroku #FE Import OT: Fire Emblem’s spinoff Performa ft. SMT48

Draxal

Here Draxal.

It is pretty standard. With like 20 to blind pick.

CieHQzSUUAASzXS.jpg

Thanks, I wanted the see the new art (well not sure if they were in the artbook, but not the stuff that were in the stickers in fortissimo edition.

Btw, check your pms.

LcV8Jdy.jpg

Can't seem to get the link to work

It's working but you might want to put in quotes for size reasons.

Shun

Thanks, I wanted the see the new art (well not sure if they were in the artbook, but not the stuff that were in the stickers in fortissimo edition.

Btw, check your pms.

It's in the art book.

The badges is just the same as the icons you use in the Topic Gameplay in #FE.

The same LINE Stamps in the game.

ranmafan

Thanks everyone got it working now. Mobile gaf hard to work. Btw the pen light for those that got the special ticket is all colors, not just one. It's switchable. Unfortunately they aren't selling them so you can only get one and only if you have a special ticket. Sorry Shun or others that wanted one but couldn't get.

I'll post again after the concert! Time to enjoy!

ranmafan

Btw just to let y'all know, I see video cameras here so maybe it's being recorded for later release. Let's home so. And the cameras look much better than the ones used for the fire emblem anniversary concert.

Draxal

Btw just to let y'all know, I see video cameras here so maybe it's being recorded for later release. Let's home so. And the cameras look much better than the ones used for the fire emblem anniversary concert.

The anniv concert looked good enough. But I'll be real, I just replayed the chapter 2 song of Seisen over and over again, and barely listened to any other song.

Those two songs (agustria/Eltoshan-Eldigan) used to be on an old american fire emblem webpage as the bgm, and it's pretty much what got me into Fire Emblem in the first place.

Shun

Probably It will still be a DVD release and not BD.

It will be on sale for like 6,000円.

Too bad Yoshimasa and Sakura aren't there. Hosoya Yoshimasa isn't going to make fans super wet singing Black Rain (´;д;`)

ranmafan

The anniv concert looked good enough.

It did except for one thing. The part at the beginning where they show people walking in, I'm in that part! But it's just my stomach due to Japanese privacy laws and such. Still I got on that dvd !

About to start now! Will be back later!

casiopao

Can't wait for the game here.^~^ probably going to be my last game on wii u here.^~^

Is there any artbook with extra lore like the xenoX one? I would love to buy it too.^~^

ranmafan

Concert just ended. I will post full impressions later tonight as I'm in a rush for a train. But I'll say this for now:

That was an AMAZING concert! So absolutely AMAZING!

Shun

From those I know from pegasusKnight who attended the live and are going to the 2nd showing, I heard a rumor in regards to the #FE IP.

Skeptical, but waiting to hear back after the later showing.

casiopao

From those I know from pegasusKnight who attended the live and are going to the 2nd showing, I heard a rumor in regards to the #FE IP.

Ohhhh. C'mon FE if two now with Zephiel as MC.^~^

ranmafan

So time to write up my impressions on today's #fe concert. Sorry they will be long and hopefully I can be descriptive as possible but I may have to add in more details later, like song order and such. But this will do for now.

I've been to quite a few gaming concerts and events over the years. For example the first Zelda anniversary concert five years ago, last years fire emblem anniversary concert, and even a classic Sakura taisen live show so many years ago. All have been memorable experiences and such a joy to go to. This concert is a brand new addition to that list of mine, and it may have jumped right to the top!

First the place was packed with such great and loving fans of the game. Every moment there were cheats, wooos, claps, laughter, just a great crowd. And they loved every moment of it.

They started it off with a bang, my favorite song of them all first, the fire emblem theme. Just as had the classic version at last year concert took my breath away, this did too! The whole place was up on their feet singing and just having a ball. After that they all introduced themselves, making a big deal of saying the characters ages and their own ages. That got big applause and all.

There was a small talk show about the characters and then a great little short new drama that was hilarious. I won't spoil it here in case it's released on dvd or bluray, but it involves food and fans of Barry will love the ending. Everyone was laughing and cheering at that moment!

They showed all the trailers for the game during breaks. Which were nice to see again.

After that the concert started for real. In total there were nine songs. They started with reincarnation, which as it always has been was fantastic. And it kept getting better and better. The screen behind the singers should sometime show the same scene from the game as the song which was nice and everyone tried very hard to do the exact same dance moves. It was quite nice.

Tsubasa's voice actress Inori Minase really was the hit of the show for me. She sang four songs, one a duet, all were amazing but I loved hearing fly kimi to iu laze, and give me in person. Both were fantastic performances. if she ends up doing a concert in the future or some other event I might have to go see that as she was phenomenal!

After many more songs from the other actors and actresses, The show ended with smile smile. Ryohei Kimura did a great job and the crowd was into it but quite down just before when they said it would be the last song of the night. They had the usual bit of explosive graffiti thing Japan has near the end. I got some of the streamers. They had the #fe logo on them and the event name as well. I'll post pics later of them when I can.

In the end the show was a blast. A lot of excitement and laughs. One of the best was when they did a live report during the talk show with someone at the goods counter talking about how already almost everything had sold out. He started listing what was left and then when they mentioned selling the game Barry's voice actor was like "how can they sale that, no one will buy that here." But they made it out as a please buy a copy for your friends.

As I said before it was filmed or at least they had insanely nice equipment there compared to the fire emblem anniversary one. If this concert is released and not on bluray I will be disappointed. And I really hope it gets released cause it was so amazing.

Having seen the concert in person and experiencing all that wonderful #fe feelings again I kinda now have a weird reason why I like this game so much. It reminds me in some weird way a lot like the original Sakura taisen games. The music, the anime feel, the great characters and fun story, and having been to live shows for both the fandom felt similar. Plus #fe had so many points, especially in its music that felt very nostalgic for me. It felt like the anime and games I played in college, and of the old good days. Today's concert was like a trip back in time for me.

In another way though it's sad. I love this game, love these songs, and love this cast. And unless some miracle occurs (and boy I hope it does more than anything) this may have been one of our last trips to that world. I'm glad I had a chance to go and experience it myself. There was one moment where the Barry voice actor did though ft the crowd going at the end, but I'm not sure exactly what he said. But it did seem game related. Let's hope it is. I want to go back and visit this world.

I don't know if any other neogaffer went today or will go tonight but I hope they had as much fun as me. This was a great concert. And it was exactly like the game, a fun time. And like I said before in other posts it's nice not having to listen to the whining about the themes of the game, or localization changes, or what the game was not. It was just a refreshing moment to spend an afternoon with a group of people who loved this game as much as I did. Makes being part of this hobby fun again when. I think of it.

Fantastic concert 11/10! Let's hope for a bluray release soon (and if not I'll take dvd please)

ranmafan

I don't know if it's the same but I didn't fully get what he said but Barry's voice actor at the end said something about the game which had the whole crowd go for a brief moment almost Do a Shenmue 3 "what!?!?" Moment! Everyone was like "EHHHhHH?!?!?" But then said something about buying the game at the goods section at the end of the show and everyone laughed. But I didn't fully catch what he said before. Maybe it's related

casiopao

I don't know if it's the same but I didn't fully get what he said but Barry's voice actor at the end said something about the game which had the whole crowd go for a brief moment almost Do a Shenmue 3 "what!?!?" Moment! Everyone was like "EHHHhHH?!?!?" But then said something about buying the game at the goods section at the end of the show and everyone laughed. But I didn't fully catch what he said before. Maybe it's related

..... It is really happening isn't it.^~^ How is WoM in Japan for this game? While i remember the backlash first is huge, is the fans who played the game had really good time with the game here?

ranmafan

..... It is really happening isn't it.^~^ How is WoM in Japan for this game? While i remember the backlash first is huge, is the fans who played the game had really good time with the game here?

I would love to say it is but that whole part at the end of the concert I didn't fully understand what was being said. But yeah the crowd got very excited for a moment before a joke was said afterwords.

The game was extremely well received by those that have given it a chance here in Japan. Reviews were good and it got some recognition from the press too. You could see from the crowd today there is a definite Fanbase for this game that's very passionate about it.

Whether or not we see more from the #fe world though is anyone's guess. I would hope so. Smaller games have gotten sequels in the past. I will keep hope up for more from the #fe universe, but if not today was at least for me a nice wonderful extra bit of that world to enjoy.

casiopao

I would love to say it is but that whole part at the end of the concert I didn't fully understand what was being said. But yeah the crowd got very excited for a moment before a joke was said afterwords.

The game was extremely well received by those that have given it a chance here in Japan. Reviews were good and it got some recognition from the press too. You could see from the crowd today there is a definite Fanbase for this game that's very passionate about it.

Whether or not we see more from the #fe world though is anyone's guess. I would hope so. Smaller games have gotten sequels in the past. I will keep hope up for more from the #fe universe, but if not today was at least for me a nice wonderful extra bit of that world to enjoy.

Actually if the game had such great WoM, i can see Nintendo keep funding this game only for the fact, they would love to attract those idol fan gamers which in a way also lead to some of those idol game to come to nintendo platform.^~^

I mean, Nintendo themselves should take this moment to quickly do cross over of this game with cinderella girls or love live to keep maintaing interest for this game till they had the sequel.^~^

FluxWaveZ

No idea what this "Sugar Rush" stuff is referring to, but it sounds like this is what happened: https://twitter.com/Celicanan/status/731761619328335872

Shun

The overall reaction is pretty positive. People really enjoyed the live.

The most likely follow up products are a BD release of the live, not a DVD like the 25th anniversary, and a Character Drama CD.

There were talks of something else being considered, but it being difficult. I'm going to wait for a real confirmation tho.

No idea what this "Sugar Rush" stuff is referring to, but it sounds like this is what happened: https://twitter.com/Celicanan/status/731761619328335872

No Sumire Morohoshi is just the Japanese voice for this character in the movie.

20130328_401521.jpg

ranmafan

Good to hear it will be a bluray. Considering the equipment used this time it would've been extremely strange not for it to be sold as a blu ray. Can't wait for that to go on sale.

Shun

Besides that I'm just glad that the fans enjoyed it and the live was a success.

Away from the english negativity, it is always nice to hear how much passion the artists, developers, and voice actors had for the project. On twitter and in interviews they always enjoyed their work and wanted to do more for it.

Tiki's CV, Sumire Morohoshi, even wants a possible sequel and is open for one.

It's just a wish but it's just really to see so much positivity from a team that really enjoys their work and had the ability to make what they want happen.

CXIoQ_hUkAA17m2.jpg
CXICvaVVAAAN9rq.jpg

Good to hear it will be a bluray. Considering the equipment used this time it would've been extremely strange not for it to be sold as a blu ray. Can't wait for that to go on sale.

I mean the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary set was a DVD, but again it is just something I heard from some of those who went and I would be surprised if it wasn't a BD. I'm more interested in the possible CD Character Drama as well as if they will discuss the future plans they had with the IP and what difficulties came about with it.

Please wait for official announcement I'm just sharing something I heard from a few people who attended.

Draxal

I hope this game gets a rerelease on the NX with Golden like additions.

Seems like the market isn't there on the Wii u but if ported to the NX portable with the Vita not having a successor.

ranmafan

Besides that I'm just glad that the fans enjoyed it and the live was a success.

I mean the Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary set was a DVD, but again it is just something I heard from some of those who went and I would be surprised if it wasn't a BD. I'm more interested in the possible CD Character Drama as well as if they will discuss the future plans they had with the IP and what difficulties came about with it.

Please wait for official announcement I'm just sharing something I heard from a few people who attended.

Well I hope it does happen either way. DVD would be fine but something just tells me this one will get a much better treatment considering the type of concert it was and all the other things. I would be greatly disappointed if we got nothing at all that's for sure, but I bet everyone that went would at least buy it.

A cd drama would be quite nice. The drama they did onstage was a lot of fun so more of that is welcome too.

But yeah if we don't get anything more after yesterday's event, as sad as that is it was still a very fitting and wonderful close to the whole #fe world. But I'll keep a glimmer of hope there just in case a miracle happens.

Also just remembering, they took an end of the concert picture with the fans. I wonder if they posted it online?

Shun

It might be up later? The only real hall photo I see is Fukuhara's when she was singing Amaoto no Memory

CigJffPUgAYGtoF.jpg

I haven't really taken a look at the localization changes thread, is it bad?

You can go read through it and make your own conclusion from it.

My contributions to that thread is just trying to explain the actual plot and what goes on in the game and clearing up any wrong information or conclusion people have. I'd rather continue to post positive news and objectively talk about what the game did well and what it could have done better.

It's really weird to see such a stark difference in attitude. The team got to make their dream project and most of the people who actively worked on the game really enjoyed it so I think they deserve their praise for the work they did.

Hoping that Morohoshi and the rest of the team and cast gets the opportunity to work on a #FE「2」she's been a voice actor ever since she was really young and it's really weird to see her grow up so fast and so successful. They've all been pretty successful getting jobs for bigger works and to see that they want more from it is really nice.

Maxinas

I hope this game gets a rerelease on the NX with Golden like additions.

Seems like the market isn't there on the Wii u but if ported to the NX portable with the Vita not having a successor.

I can see a possible sequel on the NX rather than a port of the first game. I strongly feel that Nintendo is going to try hard to insure that their new console, whatever it may be, has enough games to go around so it doesn't end up like the Wii U.

As someone mentioned earlier, there have been plenty of niche games that have sold not to well that have had sequels, and perhaps the passion the fans and developers have for this game might be all it needs to push for a sequel.

ranmafan

It might be up later? The only real hall photo I see is Fukuhara's when she was singing Amaoto no Memory

My contributions to that thread is just trying to explain the actual plot and what goes on in the game and clearing up any wrong information or conclusion people have. I'd rather continue to post positive news and objectively talk about what the game did well and what it could have done better.

It's really weird to see such a stark difference in attitude. The team got to make their dream project and most of the people who actively worked on the game really enjoyed it so I think they deserve their praise for the work they did.

Hoping that Morohoshi and the rest of the team and cast gets the opportunity to work on a #FE「2」she's been a voice actor ever since she was really young and it's really weird to see her grow up so fast and so successful. They've all been pretty successful getting jobs for bigger works and to see that they want more from it is really nice.

As always thank you for your positive and great contributions to the discussion of the game. I've avoided all the other threads for the game due to the intense amount of misinformation on its themes from some and the rabid anger from many others too. It's really refreshing having such a great thread to celebrate this game and talk about it in such a great and honest way.

I also hope they get a second chance at doing a game in this universe. It really did feel like a dream project and all then work that went into it really shows in the final product. Maybe we will get lucky, I hope we do.

kunonabi

I haven't really taken a look at the localization changes thread, is it bad?

It's bloody mess in terms of how the US version's been censored and the discussion about it. I'm taking a break from the thread and starting my Japanese copy in a little bit. I've been so excited for the game since it was announced that I don't want to let NOA's bullshit taint my experience with it.

FluxWaveZ

As always thank you for your positive and great contributions to the discussion of the game. I've avoided all the other threads for the game due to the intense amount of misinformation on its themes from some and the rabid anger from many others too. It's really refreshing having such a great thread to celebrate this game and talk about it in such a great and honest way.

Well, the thing is that the game's themes have been warped for the Western version of the game. The stark difference in attitude comes down to how the localization of the game has been handled: everyone who kept going "this game isn't SMT and/or FE, so it sucks" have left for a while, but the changes then frustrated many of those left who were actually anticipating it.

Xbro

Oh I've seen the localization changes and I'm fine with them. I meant the reactions. This game needs as much good WOM as it can get.

I'm actually looking forward to this game, the gameplay looks my style.

That thread of localization keeps getting bigger, I'm guessing it's has things people actively dont like. I'm glad i don't give a damn about localization except that it effects gameplay in a meaningful way. Like Digimon World 3

Eliseo

CigJffPUgAYGtoF.jpg

Did the localization change story and gameplay mechanics?

dark_haze

Neo Member
Glad to hear the concert went well. For those who attended, how was the performance of Give Me? Did Yoshino & Inori do the choreography?

I really hope the Sharp FE IP continues in some form. I'd love to see a 12-episode anime at the very least.

On a side-note, I really love this thread. It's always refreshing to skim through here after seeing all the craziness.

ranmafan

Glad to hear the concert went well. For those who attended, how was the performance of Give Me? Did Yoshino & Inori do the choreography?

I really hope the Sharp FE IP continues in some form. I'd love to see a 12-episode anime at the very least.

On a side-note, I really love this thread. It's always refreshing to skim through here after seeing all the craziness.

They did indeed do the choreography and it was one of the best bits of the night. Inori especially was fantastic in it.

An anime would be an interesting route to take if they could. I know I would love that. But I'll take anything if it means it can continue.

casiopao

Actually, i had been thinking a bit here..... Can't The next FE just added some SMT characters as the Performa they can summon? By doing that, i think the fans who complained will found that both FE and SMT series had been given enough spotlight on the game here?

Like Flynn and Hito Shura as one of the new Performa?^~^

ranmafan

Actually, i had been thinking a bit here..... Can't The next FE just added some SMT characters as the Performa they can summon? By doing that, i think the fans who complained will found that both FE and SMT series had been given enough spotlight on the game here?

Like Flynn and Hito Shura as one of the new Performa?^~^

That would be interesting, adding them in as a new kind of performa and such or just like the fire emblem ones. I would be up for that.

Whatever happens it would be nice to see Atlus get another shot at working with a Nintendo property. They have a good thing here, and considering the passion I saw yesterday at the concert a second chance wouldn't be a terrible thing. Provided they beefed up the word about the game to the public more. It's a long shot but who knows what could happen especially with nintendo's situation these days.

Also considering how fast they sold out of the merchandise at the first show, they could all make some good cash from making more merchandise for sure!

Shirke

I heard that Dream Catcher wasn't performed due to Ayane Sakura not being part of the show. That sucks, would have loved to have a live version to see. But it's great that the concert is getting a home release like the Bravely Default concert.

the possibility of drama cd is kinda cool. another thing i wish intsys do with the FE 25th anniversary is to release those talk panels/mini drama from the concert in cd form. kinda want to listen to those.
just reading the minidrama script isn't enough :<
Does this game have the Multiple endings like Shin games do?

not really... there's a normal & 'good' where the good one is just the normal with a slight modification

dark_haze

Neo Member
They did indeed do the choreography and it was one of the best bits of the night. Inori especially was fantastic in it.

An anime would be an interesting route to take if they could. I know I would love that. But I'll take anything if it means it can continue.

That's great to hear! I really hope the concert is released soon - I can see Nintendo uploading some clips like the Callie & Marie shows.

I think an anime could work out pretty well, mainly if it's produced with great quality. Since Atlus had Persona & Devil Survivor 2 shows and with the Nintendo president wanting to do more anime, it seems fitting. But I'd take anything at this point lol.

ranmafan

That's great to hear! I really hope the concert is released soon - I can see Nintendo uploading some clips like the Callie & Marie shows.

I think an anime could work out pretty well, mainly if it's produced with great quality. Since Atlus had Persona & Devil Survivor 2 shows and with the Nintendo president wanting to do more anime, it seems fitting. But I'd take anything at this point lol.

I hope so too. I don't want to have to wait as long as I had to for the fire emblem concert dvd. I want to relive the concert again much sooner than I had to for that one.

Yeah an anime would be quite a treat. And the Fanbase here in Japan would embrace it quite well I bet. They have something special here. It's small but if handled right they could make it bigger I bet. Maybe just a little more but I could see it get more people into it if they handle the ip well from this point.

I just don't want to see it die. We always hear people want new ip. Well here's a great one that needs more support and deserves it.

Shun

Not that it's going to happen, but I've been increasingly hearing a similar sentiment from people who attended both lives, and public comments made by people affiliated with the IP.

Not just that but one of the Fighting Game blogs I frequent, Goziline, also had member attend and Yuichi Nakamura, the voice for Barry Goodman, also expressed a desire for a continuation of the franchise, whether as a sequel or on NX.

It really is nice to see so much passion from the team.

ranmafan

Not that it's going to happen, but I've been increasingly hearing a similar sentiment from people who attended both lives, and public comments made by people affiliated with the IP.

Not just that but one of the Fighting Game blogs I frequent, Goziline, also had member attend and Yuichi Nakamura, the voice for Barry Goodman, also expressed a desire for a continuation of the franchise, whether as a sequel or on NX.

It really is nice to see so much passion from the team.

You know thinking back to it Sumire did say something to that nature at the concert at the end and Yuichi did too make that one comment I didn't fully get. So yeah seems to be the cast really had such a good time with it they want to continue. Would explain The "please buy the game after the concert at the goods stand" joke at the end too.

Stranger things have happened in the industry. I won't get my hopes up but if something happened like that it would be awesome.

Shun

I'm trying to be careful with my choice of words without heeding too much, I do hear a lot of things in regards to the Fire Emblem franchise.

It's just that after this past weekend, it's probably the most the game has been discussed, sold, and mentioned since it's launch window back in December/January. There is more recommendation word of mouth post-live, and more purchases, if amazon and inside-games is to proper reference.

So I would think there is some reinvigoration and it would be okay to say that the event was successful seeing as people are as vocal or more so than before.

Top Bottom