• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FE | Genei Ibunroku #FE Import OT: Fire Emblem’s spinoff Performa ft. SMT48

ranmafan

I'm trying to be careful with my choice of words without heeding too much, I do hear a lot of things in regards to the Fire Emblem franchise.

It's just that after this past weekend, it's probably the most the game has been discussed, sold, and mentioned since it's launch window back in December/January. There is more recommendation word of mouth post-live, and more purchases, if amazon and inside-games is to proper reference.

So I would think there is some reinvigoration and it would be okay to say that the event was successful seeing as people are as vocal or more so than before.

Btw was wondering since you have heard somethings and all, do you know how the second concert do attendance wise? I know the first was a sale out, but I noticed on Saturday night apparently there were still many tickets to the night concert left at all the online ticket stores. Wonder if they sold out that one? I know it was the same way with last years first fire emblem concert too, which is the one I attended. Although I think that one sold out at the last minute from my observations in the crowd.

Certainly there's been a lot more talk about the game for sure this weekend. It's really felt like it was a real celebration and all! I hope Atlus and Nintendo takes this weeks success and do something with it.

Shun

There were actually quite a few repeat viewers, as in a large group who went to both times.
Quite a nice turnout for the second viewing as well.

My colleagues weren't able to take a picture of the amount of people inside the hall, but they did take a picture as they were leaving the second showing. Just kidding they were

CigDb5UVAAEI59D.jpg:orig

Cif6tNeUYAAhYYw.jpg:orig

Also this is definitely the real reason who Ayane Sakura and Hosoya Yoshimasa were not at the live.

Also from what I noticed, there is a large spike in reviews and recommendations for the game after the Live. Inside-Games made one, Goziline made a review to go with their concert blog post, and there are dozens of recent blog posts reviewing the game as well as a spike in digital downloads.

Kid Ying

Yep, i noticed that too. The game just got the second position last week on the eshop and there is a lot of people talking about the game these days on foruns and blogs. I'm glad the game is founding a bigger audience.

kunonabi

Really nice to hear the live event went well and raising awareness.

I just finished Star Fox so I decided to pop in #fe for a bit. I still think it's the most visually appealing game on the Wii U, not to mention this gen, for me.

Are there more songs in the game than there are on the soundtrack CD that came in the special edition?

FluxWaveZ

Yep, i noticed that too. The game just got the second position last week on the eshop and there is a lot of people talking about the game these days on foruns and blogs. I'm glad the game is founding a bigger audience.

That's because of the 55% Amazon Japan download code discount specifically following the Persona 5 news.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So, I just read somewhere that there's no OFF-TV play? That's going to be true for even the Western release?

Bummer. That is a huge huge influence in my WiiU buying purchases...

Vena

In terms of WoM, I know that my friend has been a big proponent of the game. She couldn't go to the concert due to uni but she's very glad it's been getting more exposure. She's absolutely in love with the game and blend of themes.

She'd die if they announced a sequel.

casiopao

Really happy for all the love this title is having.^~^ I would really love Nintendo and Atlus too further nurture this franchise here.^~^ I mean, Performa itself as a concept had limitless potential here.^~^

ranmafan

Nice to see the blog updated. Was hoping though they would post the crowd pic they took at the end too but I'm guessing they probably won't ever do that due to privacy rules and all. Really want to see that pic.

Guys, how import-friendly is this? I know it comes out in English next month, but I'm trying to learn some Japanese and, from the short video I've watched, it looks dialogue isn't filled with kanjis. Also, is most of the dialogue voiced? That would help a lot too.

Guys, how import-friendly is this? I know it comes out in English next month, but I'm trying to learn some Japanese and, from the short video I've watched, it looks dialogue isn't filled with kanjis. Also, is most of the dialogue voiced? That would help a lot too.

Still a RPG that is meant for maybe ages 13+ native Japanese ability so if you have been studying diligently/think you are ready for a challenge I would say it might be ok. But once again, still a RPG.

If you can breeze through a beginner level RPG like Pokemon in Japanese and maybe something a bit more complicated I'd say it might be worth a shot if your confident.

Also remember Wii U isn't region free and you would need a Japanese console to play it. But I assume you probably know that.

Still a RPG that is meant for maybe ages 13+ native Japanese ability so if you have been studying diligently/think you are ready for a challenge I would say it might be ok. But once again, still a RPG.

If you can breeze through a beginner level RPG like Pokemon in Japanese and maybe something a bit more complicated I'd say it might be worth a shot if your confident.

Hmmm, then maybe I can handle it. I guess I'll try, thanks!

Also remember Wii U isn't region free and you would need a Japanese console to play it. But I assume you probably know that.

I know a guy with a Japanese Wii U, but thanks for the reminder.

Kid Ying

I found it to be easy to understand. Most characters speak in a very usual manner, which helps a lot. Also, since the game is all dubbed, even if sometimes you don't remember the kanji, listening them talk you can understand it easily.

Nyoro SF

I found it to be easy to understand. Most characters speak in a very usual manner, which helps a lot. Also, since the game is all dubbed, even if sometimes you don't remember the kanji, listening them talk you can understand it easily.

I'm playing through in Japanese right now and I agree. The game is pretty easy to play in JP. The only thing tripping me up is that I don't know any SMT/Persona item Japanese terminology, so I have to rely on wikis to use items. It doesn't help that the item descriptions use a weird font (to me) which makes them harder to read.

Shun

Dunno what this blog post says: http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48666835.html

Something about Hitoshi Yamagami's hopes of a #FE sequel or something, I guess.

That's just quoting and commenting on the official #FE Nintendo blog that kuroneko0509 posted earlier that talked about Yamagami's thoughts after attending the live and thanking the fans for attending and supporting the title.

He was the producer of the game and he does say that he wants Genei Ibunroku to continue, as in doesn't want it to end, and it's a sentiment shared amongst a lot of the cast and staff who worked on the project. Wanting more from it and/or interested in a sequel. He was the producer and he and the team got the chance to make a project they really wanted to come true, so wanting it to continue is good.

It really is nice to hear the staffs thoughts.

FluxWaveZ

That's just quoting and commenting on the official #FE Nintendo blog that kuroneko0509 posted earlier that talked about Yamagami's thoughts after attending the live and thanking the fans for attending and supporting the title.

He was the producer of the game and he does say that he wants Genei Ibunroku to continue, as in doesn't want it to end, and it's a sentiment shared amongst a lot of the cast and staff who worked on the project. Wanting more from it and/or interested in a sequel. He was the producer and he and the team got the chance to make a project they really wanted to come true, so wanting it to continue is good.

It really is nice to hear the staffs thoughts.

Oh weird, I thought it was something new since they had already written about that Yamagami blog post before: http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/48641255.html

I see, though, thanks.

Shun

Glad that the english localization is very close to what's already in this OT.

That means minimal changes and I can copy and paste most of this OT with some slight changes.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the upcoming English OT? Anything wanted to be added or changes, new materials, etc.

The title has been decided, as the game is very Macross-esque and people voted for a Macross themed title before.

Tokyo Macross Mirage Sessions #FE: メガテンおぼえていますか?

casiopao

Add ikenai fire emburemu to the OT please. Need it to be moar Idol lol.

For the news there, i really hoped this become succesful here.^~^ i need that collab between genei ibunroku x aikatsu x idolmaster x love life x pripara x pretty rhythm.^~^

Dee Dee

Tokyo Macross Mirage Sessions #FE: メガテンおぼえていますか?

6 months of Japanese, but I can only make out "Megaten" ...
Would be nice to pick an English title for the people that don't speak Japanese and therefore had to wait for the game to come out in English?
I am already led to believe that I am missing out on stuff because I can only play it in English, now I can't even understand the game's OT title...

Also, speaking as a frequent mobile GAF user, the Japanese characters tend to not be properly displayed in OT titles a lot of times. Like in this OT for example.

Shun

6 months of Japanese, but I can only make out "Megaten" ...
Would be nice to pick an English title for the people that don't speak Japanese and therefore had to wait for the game to come out in English?
I am already led to believe that I am missing out on stuff because I can only play it in English, now I can't even understand the game's OT title...

Also, speaking as a frequent mobile GAF user, the Japanese characters tend to not be properly displayed in OT titles a lot of times. Like in this OT for example.

Oh it doesn't display properly? Well then. Didn't want to recycle a title and I used an english title for the import OT.

The original suggestion was Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Do You Remember Dubs? and that was voted on, but I thought this was more appropriate to not ire those who wanted to see what english voice would be like, like me.

It's basically a pun on the original Macross movie subtitle, 愛 おぼえていますか?
Do You Remember Love? So the title is Do You Remember MegaTen?

Better?

Tokyo Macross Mirage Sessions #FE: Do You Remember MegaTen?

FluxWaveZ

I don't think mods allow the OT title to be messed with like you're doing with that strike out; it would be edited hastily to just "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE."

And yeah, the subtitle needs to be in English.

ranmafan

Oh it doesn't display properly? Well then. Didn't want to recycle a title and I used an english title for the import OT.

The original suggestion was Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Do You Remember Dubs? and that was voted on, but I thought this was more appropriate to not ire those who wanted to see what english voice would be like, like me.

It's basically a pun on the original Macross movie subtitle, 愛 おぼえていますか?
Do You Remember Love? So the title is Do You Remember MegaTen?

Better?

Tokyo Macross Mirage Sessions #FE: Do You Remember MegaTen?

I like it a lot. Works just as well in English as in Japanese, especially of course for macross fans.

Mendrox

Had the chance to play it for three hours over the weekend and I really liked what I played even though I don't like all that idol stuff (but I watch anime).

I am a bit mad that they change everything in the localization and yes "just buy it fuck that blabla it doesn't matter at all" is a half legit answer to that, but it changed so much already that I don't want to support it (yes I love fanservice).

Xbro

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Word of mouth has been nothing but good, but I don't know how much of an impact that has been having. Maybe on a sequel.
Does the game lend itself to a sequel? For some reason I have this feeling they're gonna try again with a sequel

Draxal

Does the game lend itself to a sequel? For some reason I have this feeling they're gonna try again with a sequel

Honestly, that was my question about a potential sequel Does it merit a direct sequel with the same cast, or a totally different tokyo, or the same tokyo with some cameos.

I'm playing through in Japanese right now and I agree. The game is pretty easy to play in JP. The only thing tripping me up is that I don't know any SMT/Persona item Japanese terminology, so I have to rely on wikis to use items. It doesn't help that the item descriptions use a weird font (to me) which makes them harder to read.

Thanks for your comments, I'll get this!

dark_haze

Neo Member
That is some fine art.

Ikr? I've become a fast fan of toi8 after this game. His style is very lush and colorful, very much artwork eye candy.

Honestly, that was my question about a potential sequel Does it merit a direct sequel with the same cast, or a totally different tokyo, or the same tokyo with some cameos.

I feel like a sequel would be set in the same Tokyo, but with a new cast of stars and likewise, new Fire Emblem mirages. They would probably take the feedback of including more older FE characters... though I could also see some Atlus/Megaten characters as bosses. As for the old cast, I see a select few making cameos - like an older Tsubasa being the new J-Pop icon or something like that.

Of course I can only make a few guesses since I still need to play the game lol

casiopao

Ikr? I've become a fast fan of toi8 after this game. His style is very lush and colorful, very much artwork eye candy.

I feel like a sequel would be set in the same Tokyo, but with a new cast of stars and likewise, new Fire Emblem mirages. They would probably take the feedback of including more older FE characters... though I could also see some Atlus/Megaten characters as bosses. As for the old cast, I see a select few making cameos - like an older Tsubasa being the new J-Pop icon or something like that.

Of course I can only make a few guesses since I still need to play the game lol

Toi8 is famous in Chain Chronicle, so if u want more of his goodness, u can go check Chain chronicle.

I would love if the next sharp fe being done in Osaka or Hokkaido here. It would give us some view on other idol on the other cities in japan.^~^

Shun

If anyone wants to #FE their avatar.

OP will be up next week. Let me know of any improvements or suggestions to help keep discussion on track.

x2bvCwZ.png

Shun

If you want one, I have all the lyrics both in Japanese and I will have them in English if they all get released.

Top Bottom