• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Bought into this month for Mad Max and am happy with the additional games; although a number are repeats of PS Plus, I'd rather play them on PC.

If I already own Rocket League on PC, can I cancel my subscription now?

Sarcasm

Bought into this month for Mad Max and am happy with the additional games; although a number are repeats of PS Plus, I'd rather play them on PC.

If I already own Rocket League on PC, can I cancel my subscription now?

If yea are set to auto sub it doesn't make the purchase till near the end of the month. Like it took the payment from me like three days ago. Then yes because you don't have the next game.

Unless you paid earlier (like today) and have the revealed game (rocket league) turn most likely no.

Hm, this month was just okay. I was interested in about 3 of the games, not a bad amount for 10.80. Since I have Rocket League I'm unsubscribing for next month, but overall the past few months were pretty nice.

Red Hood

Banned
Hmm...liking the idea less now, but we'll see how the gambling goes. Rocket league + random still sounds alright.

That's not all right, that's amazing. Unless of course the other games are utter shit, but I don't think Monthly ever had that.

I am a little salty though, I've bought Rocket League just last week for 12€ so I might as well just have waited for RL + the other stuff. Not sure if Valve would even consider a refund at this point (23 hours, but 15 of which were during the free weekend).

If yea are set to auto sub it doesn't make the purchase till near the end of the month. Like it took the payment from me like three days ago. Then yes because you don't have the next game.

Unless you paid earlier (like today) and have the revealed game (rocket league) turn most likely no.

Okay, thanks. I ordered it the other day.

dLMN8R

Wow, seeing the May month that I missed made me instantly sign up.

I already have Rocket League on PS4 and Xbox One. May as well complete the collection!

zulux21

its a good concept, but I think the first few boxes will be decent and then the rest might be a little poop

so far the first few were a little poop and the last few were decent. this months didn't do much for me, and I doubt next weeks will, but at $12 that matches the lowest rocket league has gone on sale, so people who really want the game should just snag it and get some bonus games with it :p

Fitz

so far the first few were a little poop and the last few were decent. this months didn't do much for me, and I doubt next weeks will, but at $12 that matches the lowest rocket league has gone on sale, so people who really want the game should just snag it and get some bonus games with it :p

I was actually wondering about that price, been meaning to pick up Rocket League, the rest of the games will just be a pleasant surprise a month from now!

zulux21

I was actually wondering about that price, been meaning to pick up Rocket League, the rest of the games will just be a pleasant surprise a month from now!

to be fair with it being included in the next bundle some gaffers are selling it for $5. so if that is all that you might want you could go that route too.

but yeah
tt1ndkc.png

enhanced steam is amazing for looking up prices :p

its a good concept, but I think the first few boxes will be decent and then the rest might be a little poop

People are saying it for 6 months now. The quality of games isn't always the same, but none of the bundles have dropped the ball so far. Perhaps they aren't looking to cash-in with a few flashy bundles and it is a long-term project after all.

I think that there will (and already is) a problem when Humble Monthly Bundles are introduced in other bundles. Many customers buy both, so duplicate games are much less valuable than unique games. Perhaps if they take at least 3 months, then I wouldn't feel anything. But they added GRAV to one of the common Bundles just one month after the Monthly Bundle, which is a strange choice.

zulux21

People are saying it for 6 months now. The quality of games isn't always the same, but none of the bundles have dropped the ball so far. Perhaps they aren't looking to cash-in with a few flashy bundles and it is a long-term project after all.

I think that there will (and already is) a problem when Humble Monthly Bundles are introduced in other bundles. Many customers buy both, so duplicate games are much less valuable than unique games. Perhaps if they take at least 3 months, then I wouldn't feel anything. But they added GRAV to one of the common Bundles just one month after the Monthly Bundle, which is a strange choice.

really it isn't that bad of an add. GRAV has both multiplayer and co op meaning the people who got the bundle could then give the later copy to a friend to play with.

Endruen

I'm very interested in Rocket League, so if anyone who doesn't want it, wants to sell it to me... If not, I will have to buy the bundle.

So I am a regular subscriber. We plebs don't get the early unlocks?

I want to give my rocket league key to my buddy to play with him.

If I don't get it, what is to stop me from unsubscribing and resubbing to get that perk? Or am I already locked in for June?

zulux21

OK but which game? I looked up Kabeko and ca't tell if it is a cartoon series or some such :p

looking into a bit more in 2013 they announced an april fools game about a catgirl without salad

thus the april fools reference in the image.
it would seem likely that they either quietly worked on the game due to positive fan feedback on the idea or something. either way it seems like the game would be a catgirl without salad.

I find it odd how little info there is out there on Cat Girl Without Salad, when the game supposedly launches in less then 14 hours. I can't even find anything on the ESRB site. Really hope this hype won't be a dud.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I find it odd how little info there is out there on Cat Girl Without Salad, when the game supposedly launches in less then 14 hours. I can't even find anything on the ESRB site. Really hope this hype won't be a dud.

It's not going to get an ESRB rating. It isn't going to be for sale anywhere, it's exclusive to the bundle.

This is how those exclusives work. They're piglets in the bags.

The game rating boards don't really count on PC as much as on consoles, since console makers use them as the method of preventing some vile stuff from being published while being protected from abusing their powers regarding that. On PC, store can reject your game just because, or accept your game just because, and most of the time no one will care.

This is how those exclusives work. They're piglets in the bags.

The game rating boards don't really count on PC as much as on consoles, since console makers use them as the method of preventing some vile stuff from being published while being protected from abusing their powers regarding that. On PC, store can reject your game just because, or accept your game just because, and most of the time no one will care.

Thanks for the insight. And sorry if my comment seemed dumb.

Lumine

Anyone know what the next bundle (aside from Rocket's League) will contain? I thought some of it usually got leaked. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just wait for the summer sale to pick up Rocket's League.

kulapik

Anyone know what the next bundle (aside from Rocket's League) will contain? I thought some of it usually got leaked. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just wait for the summer sale to pick up Rocket's League.

Nothing got leaked on any other bundle.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Satellite Reign is gonna show up in this bundle. There's a message on their Steam page talking about the co-op beta.

We’ll also be providing the beta on Humble, so any backers who’d prefer not to play via Steam will be able to download the beta build there. It will be available in the next few hours.

Hmm...

Only just discovered this. Seems like a crazy good price too. Essentially 8 quid a month for some games?!

As I've only just found this out. How is it?! Any good? Good selection of games to be had?

mclem

Only just discovered this. Seems like a crazy good price too. Essentially 8 quid a month for some games?!

As I've only just found this out. How is it?! Any good? Good selection of games to be had?

It's eclectic, you need an open mind because you'll get a fairly broad range of games, but there's usually a few things that'll catch your interest. Also, it's fair to say - I think - that the bundles of late have been a bit better than the first few.

It's eclectic, you need an open mind because you'll get a fairly broad range of games, but there's usually a few things that'll catch your interest. Also, it's fair to say - I think - that the bundles of late have been a bit better than the first few.

Sweet. I've just subscribed. :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wonder if Satellite Reign is gonna show up in this bundle. There's a message on their Steam page talking about the co-op beta.

Hmm...

Their kickstarter might have promised DRM free options, could just be a coincidence. If not then I'm glad I canceled this month but it's also probably the best monthly bundle yet. Rocket League alone will make it worth the price for anybody who doesn't own it and I loved Satellite Reign too.

Each month has been pretty good, for me it is just that I tend to own the games I'm most interested from the bundles. If you want the preview game and don't have it then it's a bunch of free games along with the one you want around the lowest price it's been available. The last two months were Rocket League and Mad Max, neither of which has been available for much less than $12.

Top Bottom