• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Glad I paused this month. I'm interested in the Sexy Brutale, but that's basically it. (I already own BlazBlue, which is fantastic.)

Next month looks awesome though. I already have Dawn of War 3, but maybe this will give the multiplayer community a little invigoration.

If anyone is up for a trade, see below:

What I'd love to trade for:
- Nex Machina
- Blazblue
- Strafe

Some games I have for Trade:
- Dirt Rally
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Warhammer Vermintide
- The Flame in the Flood
- Grey Goo DE
- Galactic Civilizations III
- Alien Isolation
- Sacred Franchise
- Strider
- Superhot
- Steamworld Heist

And many more...
I canceled this month, and am bummed out. A bunch of games I would have loved to have had.

Valdega

Damn that is solid! I think I'll be jumping on that even though I already have The Long Dark.

The HZ1 lineup is terrible though. Really weak offering for last month.

These comments always strike me as hilarious. November had a bunch of games that received good reviews from both professional and consumer sources. Just because they didn't suit your particular tastes doesn't make the lineup "terrible." It just means that your tastes are pretty limited.

Really, if you're only interested in a few genres of games, you shouldn't bother subscribing to Humble Monthly.

JaxBriggs

Really, if you're only interested in a few genres of games, you shouldn't bother subscribing to Humble Monthly.

Thanks for your input.

Only up to 5th January left to grab

Dawn of War 3, Quantum Break and Long Dark for 12$

Yep I already have The Long Dark, but I was going to buy Quantum Break in the Christmas sales anyway for $9.99 so that and a bunch of other games for $12 is a no brainer.

February was released:

Civilization 6
Owlboy
Life is Strange
Tacoma
Black the Fall
Snake Pass
The Norwood Suite
Fortune 499

Next month's early unlock is Dark Souls 3 and its first DLC, Ashes of Ariandel.

DiscoJer

February was released:

Civilization 6
Owlboy
Life is Strange
Tacoma
Black the Fall
Snake Pass
The Norwood Suite
Fortune 499

Next month's early unlock is Dark Souls 3 and its first DLC, Ashes of Ariandel.

I wonder if they are trying to change the model somewhat, by offering a well known, wanted game as bait to get people to subscribe, then fill out the bundle with, well, filler?

Because I subbed this month for Civ VI, but the other games I got, I'm not going to be doing that ever again. Might as well just wait for a sale for the game I want (early unlock)

I wonder if they are trying to change the model somewhat, by offering a well known, wanted game as bait to get people to subscribe, then fill out the bundle with, well, filler?

Because I subbed this month for Civ VI, but the other games I got, I'm not going to be doing that ever again. Might as well just wait for a sale for the game I want (early unlock)
I feel like they've usually done this before, they generally lead with the biggest game. For example take a look at February 2017, which had an early unlock of XCOM 2. That game had the lowest Steam reviews out of the bunch, but that was undoubtedly the big expensive showpiece bundled with a bunch of cheaper, 'smaller' games. (Civ6 actually has the worst Steam reviews this last month too, which is kind of funny.)

So no offense, but I bet this specific case is ultimately more about your specific tastes over anything else. For example I'm really happy I got Snake Pass, Owlboy (which I know they technically early announced, but not out of the gate), Life is Strange, and Tacoma. Some of those other "filler" games are extremely well regarded. I definitely feel I'll enjoy most of them more than Civ6, which I'll really only play out of perverse curiosity, seeing what terrible things Firaxis has done to wreck end-game, basic AI, etc. this time.

I usually feel that even if I'm happy with only the early unlock and one other mystery game it's been worth my $12, and I'm not sure it's ever actually gotten that bad. To be fair I have paused my subscription some months, but even then I probably would have been happy with some of the extra games. The Monthly bundle is just so damn cheap, even just as a gamble to try out some new games it's a great deal.

Not too happy with this month as I forgot to cancel it until i've seen message about my credit card being charged. Civ 6 is ok and LiS would be nice if i didn't have it already.
It's much safer to only take months where big game is worth 12$ to you.

Valdega

I've said it before and I'll say it again: don't subscribe to Humble Monthly if you're only interested in one or two genres of games. It's not going to be a good deal for you. Humble Monthly always offers a wide variety of games in different genres. If you're like me and enjoy diverse genres, it's a great deal. I was interested in every game of this month's bundle (though I already had LiS).

Faenix1

Not supposed to but I tend to sell/trade the games I don't want and re-use any funds for the next months monthly. Usually works out, for the most part.

ehead

Dark Souls 3 seems to be region specific. My e-mail mentions I can get Civ Beyond Earth as an early unlock for next month. I already have it, but that game just has one of the worst UIs ever.

kevm3

Some months are bombs, but it is easily worth the subscription price for me. Getting games like Dark Souls 3, Civilizations 6, Tomb Raider, x-Com amongst others is great.

Dark Souls 3 seems like a buy to me!

I have a few games to trade, if someone is interested :

Tomb Raider
Sleeping dogs
Dawn of War 3

Just PM me with whatever you're willing to get rid off! Just looking for new games to try, Indie or not!

Last edited:
I forgot to cancel again ehh :(

Outside of Dark Souls this month was probably worst ever.

At least next one is going to be amazing again

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided,
GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst,
Mafia III + Mafia III: Sign of the Times

Ragnaroz

Dark Souls 3 with Ashes of Ariandel for 12$ is all you need, really. I expected the other games not to be that good. Next month is pretty great, but I already have Mankind Divided and God Eater 2, so I'll be skipping it since I'm not interested in Mafia 3.

I had cancelled Humble Monthly for several months now but they posted next month early unlocks and they have some nice games there finally:

This month only! You can choose to get previous Monthly favorite Rise of the Tomb Raider instead of
Sniper Elite 4, Tales of Berseria, and Staxel. Subscribe, take your pick, and start playing right away.

I'm really tempted to pick it up for Bersaria

Link

Last edited:
Top Bottom