• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

What? Quake has been out for over a month.

900 players is hilariously low. Killzone Shadow Fall set the bar for shitty multiplayer flops and it had 1.5k on average.

But it's in early access. You can't play it unless you drop 30 bucks and thus "not open to the public yet".

Sarcasm

How long does it take for the "750 crowns" to show up? I don't even know who to ask and beth's support page what...account log in loop.

zulux21

I wonder if humble being bought out by IGN will change the games offered much...

I wonder if it already had an effect and that is why the next bundle is effectively a bunch of demos :p

Teppic

I'm glad I never went for the yearly plan. Decided to cancel it now instead of pause. I'd rather wait and see at this point.

zulux21

I'm glad I never went for the yearly plan. Decided to cancel it now instead of pause. I'd rather wait and see at this point.

I suppose it wasn't obvious that I was half joking with my last post.

in general humble isn't going to sign games the night before they launch a humble monthly.
they likely set those up months in advance, and thus at least for the next few months it's likely we won't see any major changes in the monthly bundles.

I am sure they sometimes have to add and remove games in less time, but in general I imagine they have things planned out well in advance.

even if that isn't true, ign won't go in overnight and change things. they will slowly be changed over the next year, if they change at all.

Lijik

So I beat The Shrouded Isle and Orwell.

The Shrouded Isle is nifty, but a bit simple? I died once, then beat it with the "good" ending on my next run, mostly by luck. Not sure if there's more to it or not.

Orwell was really damn cool. Definitely in for Season 2.
trying to get all the bad endings requires a bit of strategy since you need to die on the final month for it to count, so you need to be in a state of tanking something so you can end with it in the red but not tanking it too hard that you lose earlier in the game

I've got 5 months left on the yearly so I'll be sure to tell you how it goes. Honestly for the cost of 2 brand new console games I've gotten so much cool shit I'm not real worried, but one wonders...

zulux21

Question about the bundle.. if I don't redeem the individual games during the month, they don't go away, so they?

they do not.

in fact only really the give away games and certain non steam games have a time limit

I still have unredeemed keys from the second humble bundle lol

n1vW0OI.png

Question about the bundle.. if I don't redeem the individual games during the month, they don't go away, so they?

no- keys unless specifically noted (eg the freebies they sometimes have) dont expire

anyway, I think I opted into the yearly option when it was first announced and I believe it's about to lapse. I'll probably opt into paying monthly now and see how it goes.

KingV

I've got 5 months left on the yearly so I'll be sure to tell you how it goes. Honestly for the cost of 2 brand new console games I've gotten so much cool shit I'm not real worried, but one wonders...

I get the yearly too... but tbh, I haven’t redeemed any of the games in months. I just have too many games.

Teppic

I wouldn't worry about the quality going down for such a short period of time. I'm more worried about the longterm investment. I have a huge library of DRM-free games on humble and I'm a bit worried about how they will handle that part in the future. Not that I wouldn't buy a good bundle if I see one, but I'm cutting back a bit on blind bundles for now. I'd thought about doing this before I knew about IGN, but it made my choice a bit easier to make.

gngf123

Decided to pause my sub for a month. I normally keep it, but this month the early unlocks are really not what i subbed for.

ghibli99

Decided to pause my sub for a month. I normally keep it, but this month the early unlocks are really not what i subbed for.
Whenever I think this, the next thought is that there will be something in the actual unlock I'll really want, plus some others that make it worth it. If this one sucks, and next month's early unlock is relative trash, I might consider doing the same. This time though, I think the unlocks will be quite good based on the meh earlies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Whenever I think this, the next thought is that there will be something in the actual unlock I'll really want, plus some others that make it worth it. If this one sucks, and next month's early unlock is relative trash, I might consider doing the same. This time though, I think the unlocks will be quite good based on the meh earlies.

I don't care what the unlocks are, there's no way I'm sending them any message other than fuck off with this F2P bullshit. The hidden unlock could be a new gaming PC and I'd still be happy with cancelling this month.

gngf123

I'm usually like that as well, but I really didn't want to support this months online/F2P bonuses. If one of the other games interests me I am sure I'll be able to pick up a key from someone on GAF for a few £.

Is there a reason to think the other games wouldn't make up for the free to play stuff?

It could go either way but honestly if you're that skeptical about it to the point where you don't want to risk it, take the risk of just buying the codes you want. They'll go for cheap since a lot of people will have duplicates.

If you buy them here, you won't be paying G2A market prices either.

tebunker

Banned

I was thinking of doing the same, but what are the limits on pausing subs? I paused just a few months back because I didn't want the main games. It paid off. I want to do it again but its only been 1 month. I really don't want these featured games.

Humble FAQ No limit on pausing here and there. You just lose the 10% off coupon. Not worried about that.

This is a pause month if wver there was one.

ShogunX

I was thinking of doing the same, but what are the limits on pausing subs? I paused just a few months back because I didn't want the main games. It paid off. I want to do it again but its only been 1 month. I really don't want these featured games.

Of the past 5-6 bundles the only one I haven't paused for is Tomb Raider. Not sure there are limits for the amount you pause.

KingV

So there’s a new bundle. It has shadow tactics in it, and RE5, Dead Rising 2 and some indies that is never heard of.

Garbage month outside of shadow tactics.

Next month is h1z1.

Aretak

It's hardly putting to bed fears of IGN fucking the whole thing up, though I assume the deals for all this stuff was probably done and dusted months ago. H1Z1 is trash, and cheap trash at that. Making it the headline game (presumably to try and cash in on PUBG hype) is baffling.

Seems like there are quality games this month, but they are not quite to my taste. RE5 and DR2 I already own, and presumably many others do too.

And H1Z1 is eeehhh. Wish they would put older AAA games as the early unlock. Rise of the Tomb Raider was a solid deal, but where is Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, Watch Dogs 2, AC Syndicate and the like.

Regginator

Anyone got a (spare) Shadow Tactics to trade? I have a few spare keys left and seeing as how they're mostly not super recent, I'm willing to trade several of the following:

- Day of the Tentacle
- Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition
- Her Story
- Puzzle Agent
- Sid Meier's Civilization III
- Stanley Parable
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- Waking Mars
- War of the Roses: Kingmaker

KingV

Agree with everyone this is an uneven month. Shadow tactics is a legitimately good get, but Re5 and dead rising 2 have been like pay anything tiers on 2 cap on bundles already.

I like both games... but.

Valdega

Shadow Tactics is fantastic and easily worth the $12 by itself. RE5 Gold and DR2 aren't bad either if you haven't played them. And neither game has ever been part of the $1 tier. RE5 vanilla was part of the BTA tier for the last Capcom bundle and the DLC was part of the $15 tier. DR2 was part of the $12 tier for the Capcom bundle before that.

If I didn't already own Shadow Tactics, RE5 and DR2, this would have been a great month for me. Hell, I still consider it a great month because Shadow Tactics is so good and this is basically a free copy that I can give to someone so they can experience it. It was criminally overlooked last year because it came out in December and deserves all the attention it can get.

Wish they would put older AAA games as the early unlock. Rise of the Tomb Raider was a solid deal, but where is Mankind Divided, Fallout 4, Watch Dogs 2, AC Syndicate and the like.

Not sure why you'd expect any Bethesda or Ubisoft games. They've never been part of a Humble Monthly.

cwistofu

Holy cow, great month for me. I've been eyeing Shadow Tactics, Dead Rising 2,and RE5 for awhile. I actually almost pulled the trigger on ST last week.

Fantastic month.

Euphor!a

Banned
H1Z1
Rivals of Aether
Sexy Brutale
Strafe: Millenium Edition
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend
Nex Machina
Passpartout: The Starving Artist

Tater

Already had Sexy Brutale, but I was intested in Strafe/Nex Machina/BlazBlue. I couldn't care less about H1Z1, but overall I'm happy for my $12.

JaxBriggs

Wow next month is awesome:

Quantum Break,
The Long Dark®
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® III

for 12$

Damn that is solid! I think I'll be jumping on that even though I already have The Long Dark.

The HZ1 lineup is terrible though. Really weak offering for last month.

Zimbardo

i was pretty happy with the bundle released today ...i didn't have any of the games, and they look pretty good ...so can't complain at that price.

the bundle for next month looks fantastic, tho. i'm all over that one for sure.

KingV

Already had Sexy Brutale, but I was intested in Strafe/Nex Machina/BlazBlue. I couldn't care less about H1Z1, but overall I'm happy for my $12.

I think sexy brutal makes it worth it. I’ve been looking forward to that game for a while.

Top Bottom