• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

J3ffro

No steam key for getting over it?

I was wondering about that too. There's been a few other games in the past that didn't have a key, and I wasn't sure how that happened. But the ones in the past didn't really interest me, and Getting Over It looks fascinating to try at least.

robotrock

Banned
Ah man fuck the Quake Champions bullshit in the next bundle. It's not even the Champion's pack, you're basically getting beta access to a free to play game. That's kind of shitty Humble.

Vuci

Ah man fuck the Quake Champions bullshit in the next bundle. It's not even the Champion's pack, you're basically getting beta access to a free to play game. That's kind of shitty Humble.

What about people like me that paid $30 for Quake Champions only a month ago?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

robotrock

Banned
What about people like me that paid $30 for Quake Champions only a month ago?

Yeah, I understand that would suck too, but look at the way they're advertising it: http://humblebundle.com/monthly
V5sS39c.jpg

Just seems deceptive.

Cirruss

Amazing month for me, three games I hadn't bought yet but had considered multiple times but decided they were too expensive to justify for me right now with so much else coming out, and now have them.

You have access to all the current champions don't you? The Humble Monthly says it only unlocks Ranger and BJ

sqwarlock

Not a bad month. First time I didn't own any of the games* so that's nice. Lukewarm on next month. Been wanting to play ESO, but would rather shell out the money for Morrowind when it's on sale during Christmas if I really care enough.

PS: The End is Nigh was added to the Humble Trove if anyone was interested in playing it.

*I have Furi through PS+ but will likely prefer the PC version

zulux21

It's a humble original, which means this is the only way to get it right now. It will launch on December on steam, and they'll add a key then, probably

I wouldn't count on getting a steam key for it.

I don't think any of the humble original games have given a steam key to people after they have launched on steam yet.

ShogunX

Legit wouldn't even pick up next months unlocks if they were in a $1 tier weekly. You would hope the unrevealed games will knock it out of the park to make up for it.

Graciaus

I'm pretty late to the monthly bundle but looking at past ones there has always been something I could find interesting. I'm still upset I skipped a bunch of them. The early unlocks this month don't interest me at all but I hope the hidden ones have something good.

I've never heard of any of the games in the past bundle outside of Tomb Raider but three of them caught my attention.

Blu(e)

I don't think any of the humble original games have given a steam key to people after they have launched on steam yet.

Copoka, Gunmetal Arcadia Zero, and Tiny Echo are Humble Original games I received a key after they launched on steam.

MarionCB

I'm really uncertain about this free-to-play stuff for next month. I unlocked (yearly sub) and all I'm seeing outside of ESO and some Quake beta are unlocks for "15 days of ESO Plus... Event Tickets, 100 Souls... 50 Shards, 100 Platinum, 2000 Favor" and crap like that. I hate that type of gaming and it's pretty much the reason I do things like buy Humble Monthly where I previously just got to own games and play them without getting milked.

Steam keys have been added for Tiny Echo, Kimmy, Copoka, and Gunmetal Arcadia Zero. HB aren't too good at letting you know about it, I guess, but they should be in your keys library.

Koeta

Yeah, I understand that would suck too, but look at the way they're advertising it: http://humblebundle.com/monthly

Just seems deceptive.

I'm quite pissed to be honest, I was under the impression it was the same thing as the Steam version when I paid early, now I see I only get 2 champions and none of the future ones for free.

The card game is already F2P on Steam, Quake is going to be F2P later and ElderScrolls Online is like $5 on sale every other month, this is shit.

zulux21

Copoka, Gunmetal Arcadia Zero, and Tiny Echo are Humble Original games I received a key after they launched on steam.

I'm really uncertain about this free-to-play stuff for next month. I unlocked (yearly sub) and all I'm seeing outside of ESO and some Quake beta are unlocks for "15 days of ESO Plus... Event Tickets, 100 Souls... 50 Shards, 100 Platinum, 2000 Favor" and crap like that. I hate that type of gaming and it's pretty much the reason I do things like buy Humble Monthly where I previously just got to own games and play them without getting milked.

Steam keys have been added for Tiny Echo, Kimmy, Copoka, and Gunmetal Arcadia Zero. HB aren't too good at letting you know about it, I guess, but they should be in your keys library.

ah... I will have to look for them then as yeah I don't think I ever got a notice about them being added lol.

MarionCB

I'm quite pissed to be honest, I was under the impression it was the same thing as the Steam version when I paid early, now I see I only get 2 champions and none of the future ones for free.

The card game is already F2P on Steam, Quake is going to be F2P later and ElderScrolls Online is like $5 on sale every other month, this is shit.

Oh, great. I don't follow these types of games at all because I'm not interested, but it all sounds as bad as it looks. Ugh. I really didn't expect Humble to do this type of stuff.

Poster#1

Yeah I got tricked too. Wtf.

Lijik

Already own most of the games this month, but I was mostly in for cheap Rise of the Tomb Raider so im not too bothered. The early unlocks next month are dire and this might be the first month since I've subbed last year that I skip

Eusis

What kills the ESO deal for me is that the Gold Edition is on sale for cheaper than you can get the same stuff from the DLC shop. If I'm wrong or can just buy the Gold on sale and get the stuff that way then I'll be OK with it.

Neoweee

The Shrouded Isle seems pretty nifty. Great visual and audio design. Gameplay seems simple, but also kind of complicated? And it has a bunch of endings?

What a weird game. This is the type of thing I appreciate from the bundle.

sikkinixx

The Shrouded Isle seems pretty nifty. Great visual and audio design. Gameplay seems simple, but also kind of complicated? And it has a bunch of endings?

What a weird game. This is the type of thing I appreciate from the bundle.

Agreed. I was bummed at first but this, Orwell, Tomb Raider and Furi seem like a solid bunch after some reflection.

Sarcasm

What kills the ESO deal for me is that the Gold Edition is on sale for cheaper than you can get the same stuff from the DLC shop. If I'm wrong or can just buy the Gold on sale and the stuff that way then I'll be OK with it.

You can buy gold with crowns ingame?

Neoweee

Agreed. I was bummed at first but this, Orwell, Tomb Raider and Furi seem like a solid bunch after some reflection.

I really liked Furi. It is kind of the in the same "just multi-phase boss fights" genre as Cuphead, but a bit harder and a bit longer? Or longer only because it is a bit harder, despite being fewer fights. Like Cuphead, I didn't care for some of the fights.

Also has one of the best OSTs ever.

Orwell seems pretty cool, as well. Very stylish.

Considering the game isn't open to the public yet that's not bad. I started playing last night and never waited longer than 30 seconds to get a match going.
What? Quake has been out for over a month.

900 players is hilariously low. Killzone Shadow Fall set the bar for shitty multiplayer flops and it had 1.5k on average.

sikkinixx

Played Tomb Raider for a bit, runs and looks awesome compared to the Xbone version I played before,

but wow, The Shrouded Isle is fucking cool as hell. The music, the look... so good, I'm still trying to figure it out, and I have a feeling I won't play it for hours at a time but man it's oddly intriguing to find out who the swindler was and sacrifice them to our god.

Ionic

Getting Over It is definitely the star of the bundle for me. I sat there for 4 hours to beat it. I haven't felt satisfaction like that in a long time.

madjoki

What? Quake has been out for over a month.

900 players is hilariously low. Killzone Shadow Fall set the bar for shitty multiplayer flops and it had 1.5k on average.

900 includes only Steam players (where game is paid). I'd imagine most players come from Bethesda launcher where it's free (at least if you have beta key, which were spammed everywhere).

Neoweee

So I beat The Shrouded Isle and Orwell.

The Shrouded Isle is nifty, but a bit simple? I died once, then beat it with the "good" ending on my next run, mostly by luck. Not sure if there's more to it or not.

Orwell was really damn cool. Definitely in for Season 2.

PokéKong

Getting Over It and Furi made this bundle overall worth it.

Is there any way to give feedback about bundles?

When you click to reveal the game codes a thumbs up/down prompt will appear below asking if you recommend the game, and it claims they collect this data to improve future bundles.

Top Bottom