• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of disappointed Emmy 2 doesn't have an attack trigger.

See, on the one hand I sorta agree with this but, on the other hand, her casting effect, unlike Aeons Torn, doesn't all but guarantee your having a chance to attack with her. As a result, an attack trigger doesn't fit the card design that well.

Design spitballing can be kind of pointless but my first thought was a card that has comes into play/flip effects like Huntmaster/Ulrich, but also has them happen whenever you play a werewolf.

Yeah, that could have worked.

Oh wow I got totally wasted last night, but why the hell does Emrakul time walk your opponent?

"Take an extra turn in which you control your opponent" isn't official Magic templating so they had to go with something equivalent that reads worse.

Santiako

They even tried to make Necro/Bargain less busted in creature form (Giselbrand) and it just basically made all other reanimation targets pointless.

I usually only bust out Narset if I see something like Nekusar or Mizzix get pulled out. It's in the interest of a healthy playgroup to have some less than optimal decks and keep it competitive, imo.

That's why I prefer Duel Commander. No hard feelings.

XifmnJ1.png

Honestly I just hate waiting for my turn in 4-player games

Firemind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";207926654]That's why I prefer Duel Commander. No hard feelings.

XifmnJ1.png

Honestly I just hate waiting for my turn in 4-player games
[/QUOTE]
Why are you playing one drops other than Guide and Lavamancer? smh

Also wheels :why

Firemind

That's because you're playing shitty creatures that can't even get past wall of omens. When you always have a one-drop, creatures like stormblood berserker and war-name aspirant go way up in value. I mean, you're playing Punishing Fire, Reverberate and Threaten over Forked Bolt, Pillar of Flame and Volcanic Hammer, and Wheels over Ankh of Mishra and Cursed Scroll.

Bargain is better for continuous combo decks like Storm, or the Standard deck that used Skirge Familiar to power out Drain Life-like spells, where you want to draw a bunch of cards but not necessarily all at once (and possibly more than 7). It's also better in Show and Tell decks.

Necropetence is better to find a two-card combo that wins the game by itself (Illusions-Donate) or just to overwhelm your opponent with resources really early on (because it's cheaper)

That's because you're playing shitty creatures that can't even get past wall of omens. When you always have a one-drop, creatures like stormblood berserker and war-name aspirant go way up in value. I mean, you're playing Punishing Fire, Reverberate and Threaten over Forked Bolt, Pillar of Flame and Volcanic Hammer, and Wheels over Ankh of Mishra and Cursed Scroll.

Took your advice to heart. The deck is something I basically made up off the top of my head in one go so I'm certainly more than open to feedback.

He's bad. You want something you can follow up with after wraths, so creatures like Hellrider, Hero of Oxid Ridge, Goldnight Castigator, even Lava Hounds and Archwing Dragon are better four drops.

Zo-Zu and Ankh of Mishra are two of my fave cards, I think. I find that effect to be super funny.

Ghost Quarter isn't terrible with it, but maybe the mana is already stretched. Also, I don't really play EDH :) And certainly not in the 1v1 setting.

Daedardus

I still can't get over the fact that the set symbol looks more like a generic squid rather than Emrakul. It should have been squarer and smaller at the base. It also look ridiculously huge, or it gives at least that impression.

I know Emrakul is messing things up, but that's a pretty unusual transformation /s

I saw this video on Channel Awesome, "If Wizards of the Coast Were 100% Honest With Us...". I've never seen this guy's videos before, so this may just be part of his gimmick, but it was really weird how he kept complaining about how Wizards doesn't care about old players while at the same time complaining about the Reserved List. He also talks about how they don't reprint old cards, even though he shows the Eternal Masters logo at one point. It's so weird because he seems so misinformed about some things, while also doing a decent impression of MaRo and mentioning the Pro Player Payout Problem.

Haha, I love that card. Though I feel like it would have been better if Hanweir Chronicles unveiled it, if that's what all of that was building up to.

I was expecting them to use devoid on the transformed side if it was colorless, but I guess they thought the flavor and card frame would be enough since the mana cost isn't visible.

Weird that the front side isn't a land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom