• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

RetroMG

Effective immediately, TheWorthyEdge will be replacing Weemadarthur.

I have authorized Worthy to make a short introduction post. From there, the night will continue until the allotted time.

RetroMG

Obviously the day start has been delayed. Please stand by.

UPDATE: The Lady Diana's carriage was delayed by bandits en route to the Hunter's Workshop. The brigands have been dispatched, and she will be with us soon.

Gorlak

Banned
image.jpg

The townspeople filed into the streets for the nightly Hunt, but something felt different.

"Does the blood moon seem lower than usual tonight?"

"Well, it did seem to get dark a lot later than last night..."

"Must be daylight savings. Lousy farmers..."

One they had finished their quibbling, the townspeople's attention was drawn towards two corpses.

Much to their surprise, they were met not with human cadavers, but with monstrous, hulking carcasses which both bore signs of a struggle.

The being once known as Flatearthpandas lay on top, fur crackling with electricity and a gigantic fracture in its skull which oozed a dark sanguine liquid.

The being once known as TheWorthyEdge lay beneath, the once-pious man's robes tattered and torn by the process of his transformation. The beast clutched in its hand a pendant; the last vestiges of its humanity and one of the scant reminders that this brute once seemed an innocuous townsperson.

Flatearthpandas and TheWorthyEdge have been slaughtered.

Welcome, flatearthpandas. The Blood tells me that you are the Afflicted Beggar. You are aligned with the Town of Yharnam. (That’s the Town.)

Oh, you’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?
The blood in your veins is unusual, and wild - very wild. And it’s converting your natural blood at an alarming rate. Right now, you’re a harmless beggar, but give it time… say, three nights, and well, you’ll be something altogether different.

Once three nights have passed, I wouldn’t want to tangle with you at night. If you, say, PM’d ScraftyDevil with the command ALERT, I daresay that you would tear apart anyone who came upon you during the night, friend or foe.

You win when you have eliminated all threats to the Town of Yharnam.

Please PM ScraftyDevil or RetroMG with any questions.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Good luck, Beggar.

Welcome, TheWorthyEdge. The Blood tells me that you are The Vicar. You are aligned with the Healing Church. (That means you are one of the Mafia.)

For centuries, the Healing Church has existed to heal those who are in need of healing (both physical and spiritual,) and destroy that which is impure before God. Yharnam is impure. It must be cleansed.

You are not alone in this effort.

You have an additional partner whose identity is not known to you. If you recruit this player by attempting the kill them or by using an ability on them, they will join you in your chat room, and you will be able to perform a double-kill during the next night phase.

You are known and loved throughout the countryside by all the people of the Healing Church. If you are investigated during the first three night phases of the game, you will appear to be aligned with the Town of Yharnam. However, the work of destruction weighs on a man’s souls, so after three nights have passed, your true alignment will be visible if you are investigated.

You may perform a one-time unblockable kill by submitting the command DEVOUR: <NAME> to ScraftyDevil.

You may also perform your team’s night kill by submitting the command KILL: <NAME> to ScraftyDevil. You may not use any other commands if you do this.

You win when all threats to the Healing Church have been destroyed.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

The Healing Church Chat is Here:

Fear the Old Blood. By the Gods, Fear it.

(Thousand pardons for the late start; a major traffic accident caused me to arrive home a full two hours later than anticipated.)

Day 5 begins.

The Blood still flows within:

01 [m] II-Vanguard-II - New
02 [m] Verelios - New
03 [-] Nudull - New
04 [m] MickD - New
05 [m] TheWorthyEdge
06 [m] Camjo-Z
07 [m] Kristoffer
08 [m] Freakinchair
09 [m] Ri'Orius
10 [m] Haly
11 [m] MagnumBoy20xx
12 [m] flatearthpandas
13 [m] EzekelRAGE
14 [m] Flame_AC
15 [m] CrimsonFist
16 [m] johnnyquicknives
17 [m] Never Forever
18 [-] Seath
19 [m] Mazre
20 [m] Palmer_v1
21 [m] roytheone
22 [m] squidyj
23 [m] Zippedpinhead
24 [m] Kalor

From now on, day phases shall last 72 hours and night phases shall last 48.

The Blood Moon rises in:

red_1468098000.png

Kalor

So FEP was a veteran. That explains why they told people not to visit them. I assume the vagueness was to attempt to draw mafia and it might have worked, unless FreakinChair targeted TWE / Weemad.

Kristoffer's role explains why he was going after Verelios so heavily. It would be worth looking at his other "suspects" and see who pops up a lot. He probably thought that Verelios would be the most likely to be lynched so he went after him.

squidyj

I want to lynch Roy.
I think he might have been lying about what his conversion did.
Even if he wasn't it still puts us further away from a Mensis victory.
We have at least 1 healing church hidden member left too.

Johnny Q is still alive, but he claimed doctor. but he's still alive, but he claimed doctor. but he's still alive, but he claimed doctor, but he's still alive, but he claimed doctor, but he's still alive.

We very likely have a doctor since most towns do, and scum had a strongman, so in absence of any counter claims, I guess Johnny would have to be telling the truth.

...but there were three power role claims and scum can't have blocked all of them and none of them died.

A winner and more deaths...

Congrats kristoffer... Anyone want to claim or make a guess at that other redacted...

Personally I'm thinking their were two. One for each faction...

Kevyt

So FEP was town, and wee/worthyedge scum.

This pretty much wraps up the game for us town.

We got this in the bag.

Also, I want to mention that I was role blocked last night.

In the meantime.

Vote: ii-vanguard-ii

Enjoying the game so far? ;)

roytheone

So we have a claimed tracker, a claimed doctor and a claimed vig, and yet the suspicious role claims died.

If Seath is town, I really don't understand why scum didn't strongman kill him. Unless they already used it, but on who? I don't see a kill that was likely a strongman on previous nights. Really curious about their night actions.

I want to lynch Roy.
I think he might have been lying about what his conversion did.
Even if he wasn't it still puts us further away from a Mensis victory.
We have at least 1 healing church hidden member left too.

Johnny Q is still alive, but he claimed doctor. but he's still alive, but he claimed doctor. but he's still alive, but he claimed doctor, but he's still alive, but he claimed doctor, but he's still alive.

Squidyj, I was speaking 100 % the truth about my conversion. If it did more, why lie about it instead of just staying quiet? And I think killing people just to delay a Mensis Victory is a bad idea, I doubt the math works in our favor.

Also, I assume that if the Hidden Partner is the only one left they probably got activated automatically (only hopefully without the double kill bonus, that would be dumb).

roytheone

Chair, could you not tell us your target of last night until Jqk tells us who he protected last night? I'm curious about something.

If Seath is town, I really don't understand why scum didn't strongman kill him. Unless they already used it, but on who? I don't see a kill that was likely a strongman on previous nights. Really curious about their night actions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208407771&postcount=1252

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=208406128&postcount=1238

Seath was kind of defensive of Weemad too

Please elaborate on the role blocking

Kevyt

Squidy and Roy: At the end of yesterday, the two of you voted for Pandas. Is there any reason you went for him over Weemad? Considering how much scummier the timing of Weemad's role claim was. (1536 and 1541).

squidyj

Squidy and Roy: At the end of yesterday, the two of you voted for Pandas. Is there any reason you went for him over Weemad? Considering how much scummier the timing of Weemad's role claim was. (1536 and 1541).

the role he gave was literally a serial killer.

roytheone

I seriously had the feeling nudull used the "seems" to point to their investigations, which would clear weemad as town, plus the theory about pandas being the Hidden Partner activated by jqk sounded believable. Clearly, both were wrong.

Chair, could you not tell us your target of last night until Jqk tells us who he protected last night? I'm curious about something.

I chose not to shoot last night because I wasn't sure who to target. I've been wrong twice so far so I decided to hold back this time. JQK can pretty much say anyone and I can't dispute him so I might as well disclose now. If you want my opinion on who I was going to shoot (if anyone) it was going to be Flame_AC. I'm heading out to eat and will post more later but the basic theory is as follows:

Kristoffer turns out to be someone who needs to lynch one of 2+(?) people to win the game. He manages to win by lynching Verelios which explains his strange targetting early-midgame. I went over his posts and it looks like he possibly had three targets:

Verelios, Me, and Hobohodo.

Based on the text:
The Workshop Hunter, Verelios, would like to kill you in the name of the Healing Church.

I'm going to assume, knowing that I'm town, that he possibly had a target for each of the three factions. It would read something like this:

The Hunter of Hunters, Freakinchair, would like to kill you in the name of Yharnam.

The dickbutt of alien school, Hobohodo, would like to kill/recruit you in the name of Mensis.

This would mean that Hobohodo is his Mensis target. And by Hobohodo.. I mean Flame_AC. Of course this theory is slightly marred by the fact that Mensis doesn't seem to have a kill power. I do need to check posting histories for the newly dead Healing Church member. There's likely to be at least one more Healing Church left provided the teams are relatively balanced. I'll be back laterz.

I seriously had the feeling nudull used the "seems" to point to their investigations, which would clear weemad as town, plus the theory about pandas being the Hidden Partner activated by jqk sounded believable. Clearly, both were wrong.

The first part could still be true, wee mad's role says he would show as town for the first 3 nights.

I protected Seath last night.
I'm pretty shocked I'm still here. The only thing I can think is that they were paranoid about being seen targeting someone obvious.

This would mean that Hobohodo is his Mensis target. And by Hobohodo.. I mean Flame_AC. Of course this theory is slightly marred by the fact that Mensis doesn't seem to have a kill power. I do need to check posting histories for the newly dead Healing Church member. There's likely to be at least one more Healing Church left provided the teams are relatively balanced. I'll be back laterz.

There was only one redacted in his role PM wasn't there? I assumed that was you. But it would make sense if Mensis had someone targeting him as well.

If scum used their strong kill on Pandas last night, and blocked the tracker then they wouldn't need to worry about the doctor. But I don't get why they'd leave so many power roles alive if they're all town.

Camjo-Z

The Verelios-Kris feud was getting comical, I was half-expecting Kris to be a lyncher or something... and I was half-right! Also, thank sweet baby Jesus that weemad died before WorthyEdge could swoop in and reset any ill will from that shitty Patches roleclaim. For once I get to be confirmed right about someone being maf BEFORE I'm dead! But enough about these small victories, clearly there's still something else out there or else the game would have ended.

So... has anyone else been converted to kin yet? It seems really weird that roy would be the only one who it's happened to when we're at Day 5. I highly doubt that they're spreading their points thinly to pop everyone at once, as that would just make things more difficult if another one of them were to get killed/lynched.

So FEP was town, and wee/worthyedge scum.

This pretty much wraps up the game for us town.

We got this in the bag.

In the meantime.

Vote: ii-vanguard-ii

Enjoying the game so far? ;)

Yes, very much
Three questions however
Why track me was there no one more suspicious?
how does you being roleblocked implicate me?
how many more HC members do you think are left?

Flame_AC

Alright, so I've been thinking about bringing this up, I noticed it on Day 2 but figured it was a coincedence, however it happened again this past night and so here it is.
Can't write too much now - on my iPad at work. Was anxiously waiting to see if I was attacked. I wasn't.

A mysterious figure blocked my shot last night so I was clearly role blocked. I expected it to happen and consider it a win for town... Unless it was town who blocked me. It's pretty obvious that scum wanted to stop me from shooting my suspected targets... Either as a diversion or to protect one of their own. I think we need to lynch one of them, either nudull or verelios.

Note of course that Verelios ended up as scum and so the idea of a scum roleblocker protecting him seems very likely.

Fastforward to Night 4 and think about what scum is planning and the roles out there. They know that Freakinchair is a vig and isn't planning on shooting one of their members (Freakinchair even mentioned today that I would have been the one shot had he decided to do so.) So then who should the roleblocker go for, they knew FEP was the target of the night kill so that wouldn't be a problem. It stands to reason the strongman kill was used to make sure FEP died.

Theres not much useful info here, hence why I didn't see a lot of point in posting details overtly but even if I'm not lynched theres no way I'm surviving the night (although at least Seath would).

N1: I (presumably) saved NeverForever, I chose someone kind of middle of the pack that I thought might have made an innocuous mafia target since they had little attention on them.

N2: I visited Freakinchair. I thought he was a likely target and while I thought the details in his claim were a little shady it was most likely he was town and I wanted to see if his role panned out.

N3: panda. because he asked, I was intrigued and I typically agreed with his posts. I was also happy being watched/tracked because, honestly, I didn't think a tracker would out us both straight away but it might have been useful info longer term.

I'll try and check in again before the day ends.

It is likely that scum thought that since JQK didn't die when visiting FEP after they though the powers activated, that killing FEP would be safe.

So now someone might ask, well then why hasn't a doctor come forward and counterclaimed? Well I would presume that there must be no doctor, why else wouldn't they have counterclaimed? This part is speculation, but my point is that 2 times now the 'protection' of people has resulted in the loss of night actions, the first time likely saving Verelios, one of their partners.

Vote: johnnyquicknives

I also note that I don't know if he is the hidden partner, it is unlikely given the coordination, but it is a hole in my theory. Also doesn't account for the seeming closeness between Mazre/JQK, but I think this is a good avenue to explore today.

What say you to this JQK, and if not you today, then who do you propose we go for?

You decided to post and answer him with questions of your own. Could you talk about who you think we should lynch today?

we absolutely should lynch JQK because he's a liar
you pointed out the main reason that everyone knows by now but i knew he was a liar as soon a he claimed doctor i didn't say any thing though because i didn't have any evidence. it would be my word against him.
My role name is Blood Minister and i'm the doctor i didn't role claim because i would've painted a bullseye on my back i wasn't going to do it today either but JQK needs to go down.
the people i protected were Haly\Squidy\Chair\Seath(was role blocked).

Flame_AC

we absolutely should lynch JQK because he's a liar
you pointed out the main reason that everyone knows by now but i knew he was a liar as soon a he claimed doctor i didn't say any thing though because i didn't have any evidence. it would be my word against him.
My role name is Blood Minister and i'm the doctor i didn't role claim because i would've painted a bullseye on my back i wasn't going to do it today either but JQK needs to go down.
the people i protected were Haly\Squidy\Chair\Seath(was role blocked).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Why'd you roleclaim!

We probably could have lynched him anyways without this and then we wouldn't have to worry about you dying just yet.

Is that in order, who you protected?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Why'd you roleclaim!

We probably could have lynched him anyways without this and then we wouldn't have to worry about you dying just yet.

Is that in order, who you protected?
we should have lynched him yesterday and we didn't because people were scared that he might be the doctor it could have happend again.
yes that is in order

Flame_AC

So scum tried to kill Haly night 1, we'll need to look back on Day 1 and see what Haly was speculating on. Why'd you choose Haly for your first protection?

So scum tried to kill Haly night 1, we'll need to look back on Day 1 and see what Haly was speculating on. Why'd you choose Haly for your first protection?
they didn't, i can just protect someone from kills i don't know if they're gonna be hit or not
haly was random
i was a little overwhelmed on D1 so don't read too much into haly i didn't know what i was doing
on day 2 i picked the only person i trusted
day 3 i picked chair for obvious reasons
day 4 i had to chose between seath and chair ultimately i chose seath

Flame_AC

they didn't, i can just protect someone from kills i don't know if they're gonna be hit or not
haly was random
i was a little overwhelmed on D1 so don't read too much into haly i didn't know what i was doing
on day 2 i picked the only person i trusted
day 3 i picked chair for obvious reasons
day 4 i had to chose between seath and chair ultimately i chose seath

Whew, I don't know where I got that from. Was it not this game where a kill was blocked on Day 1, I thought it was. Late, so I'm going to bed I guess.

Yeah, I got why you did the rest of the days as you did.

We don't want to turbo today, or at least we want everyone to have an opportunity to speak, JQK included I suppose.

Top Bottom