• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

Camjo-Z

the opening joke always bites me in the ass and yet i can never resist

I'll just ask you this: why would I reuse posts from a previous game to signal my hidden partner status to one specific player from that previous game when there are two other non-mafia veterans of that game also playing who might also notice? Do you really think I'm smart enough to think of such an out-of-the-box method to contact partners, but neglected to notice that the fucking Batman gamerunner is also playing and might catch on? I know I tried to joint with town as the arsonist, but come on. I'm not THAT stupid. The only reason I responded to weemad in particular is because they were the first one to point out that I was recycling posts (well, technically Retro did, but he didn't say it explicitly so I tried to keep the gag going).

so if you were scum you'd kill roy then?

I guess? I don't know what that has to do with anything.

squidyj

vote: Camjo-Z

I no longer see anything to gain from waiting a day phase and going to 3. I feel like the remaining players will be stuck in the same positions they were today as there is zero chance that a scum roy or crimson would kill me or camjo. It would only waste time to sleep so if I'm getting played here, so be it.

I think Camjo was recruited night 1, hence the missing kill, then their free kill the next night was blocked by the doctor or jailer. N2 Squidy and Freak were protected, both would have been logical scum kills at that point. N1, Haly and NeverForever were protected, and whilst scum do often go for someone more under the radar night 1, they're still less logical kill choices.

Vote: Camjo-Z

At this point I think you're by far the most likely possibility.

Camjo-Z

I think Camjo was recruited night 1, hence the missing kill, then their free kill the next night was blocked by the doctor or jailer. N2 Squidy and Freak were protected, both would have been logical scum kills at that point. N1, Haly and NeverForever were protected, and whilst scum do often go for someone more under the radar night 1, they're still less logical kill choices.

Vote: Camjo-Z

At this point I think you're by far the most likely possibility.

Getting recruited N1? With the way scum played in this game? Good one!

VOTE: Camjo-Z

also the sorian posts really were just a joke

The bell tolled.

*BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG, BONG*

The deafening sound echoed overhead, and caused Camjo-Z to fall to his knees while clutching his head.

"…Oh, you, I’m afraid, I’ve made a botch of things…" he said, his voice wracked with pain.

The ragged man gazed skyward; sanguine tears rolling down his face.

"…I can hear the bell, now…It tolls for my failure…Again and again...It never ends…It isn’t fair, it just isn’t fair…"

The blood moon began to let off a tremendous amount of light, flooding the cathedral with a blinding crimson flash. When the townspeople's sight returned, Camjo-Z was gone, and so was the blood moon.

The air was silent, and the night sky was clear and blue.

The nightmare had ended.

Yharnam was finally at peace.

Camjo-Z, The Harrowed Hunter, has been consumed by the nightmare.

Welcome, Camjo-Z. The Blood tells me that you are The Harrowed Hunter. You are aligned with the Healing Church. (That means you are one of the Mafia.)

For centuries, the Healing Church has existed to heal those who are in need of healing (both physical and spiritual,) and destroy that which is impure before God. Yharnam is impure. It must be cleansed.

You are not alone in this effort. Your partners are Ri'Orius, Weemadarthur and Verelios.

That being said, you are a hidden partner - a traitor amongst the people of Yharnam. You know who your brothers in the Healing Church are, but they do not know who you are, only that you exist. If they attempt to kill you or use an ability on you, you will be recruited and gain access to their chat, as well as the night kill.

In addition, on the night after you are recruited, the Healing Church will receive a double kill.

You win when all threats to the Healing Church have been destroyed.

Game Thread is Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229044

Fear the Old Blood. By the Gods, Fear it.

Squidyj, CrimsonFist and roytheone have cleansed Yharnam.

Kristoffer, The Moon Presence, has become Ruler of the Nightmare.

NEUTRAL END

That's all, folks! Be sure to tune in sometime tomorrow for the postmortem and awards show.

RetroMG

Congratulations, Bloodborne Town, on having the only town win this season!

I will be opening the threads shortly, however, before I do, I want to address the gender issue that occurred during this game. Weemadarthur was misgendered several times, and that is something that is very offensive to them. This eventually led to them leaving the game, and possibly the community.

In the scum chat, you will see some of Weemad's concerns being addressed. I ask that you consider their feelings, and be sensitive as you approach this issue. It is my personal goal that Gafia remains an inclusive community. I also sincerely hope that we can take this circumstance as a lesson as we move forward. There will be more clearly defined rules going forward about pronouns, but that is a discussion for the review thread.

Again, congratulations to the citizens of Yharnam!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When are the other endings going up on Youtube?

Camjo-Z

Cheers: Flame_AC for not giving up even though Kris' broken role absolutely steamrolled his chances of victory at the end. I was secretly rooting for you mate!

Jeers: Anything relating to pronouns. Everyone should make a better attempt to use the right pronoun because it's honestly not that hard to do, but those who want special accommodations should also make an attempt to not repeatedly shit up the thread every time someone forgets to type "they" instead of "he".

I will be opening the threads shortly, however, before I do, I want to address the gender issue that occurred during this game. Weemadarthur was misgendered several times, and that is something that is very offensive to them. This eventually led to them leaving the game, and possibly the community.

ironically I accidentally got access to the scum chat on D4 and the one post of weemad's I read had them using the wrong pronoun for nudull

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
have to save scum back a bit.

05d.jpg

RetroMG

Jeers: Anything relating to pronouns.

I will admit that I don't understand what it's like to walk in Weemad's shoes, but the fact of the matter is, it was offensive to them, and we need to be respectful of that. Gafia is incredibly diverse, and that's a huge part of our strength. If we start marginalizing people because they are different from us, that strength is gone. So yeah, we're going to respect when people are offended, because that's what friends do. And going forward, it's going to be the rule, instead of the gamerunner asking people to be polite.

Thoughts at game end:

I think I might have been the scummiest townie BUT I pegged flame/hobo, and recognized kristoffer's "zeroing". Got kinda lucky honestly.

The factions, hidden partners, all the different mechanics. To say I was confused is an understatement. And that is part of the reason I took a backseat. I think I was helpful (last day not withstanding) but I know I've tried harder.

I'm still generally confused about everything that went on with wemad, I think partially because I missed the offending posts. I know I will have to work on this in the future (regardless if I was part of the problem or not), generally I default to male pronouns when in doubt but I should focus on using terms more inclusive like "they" and "y'all". Though if someone says specifically what is ok and what is not lets just abide by that...

So in short: very confusing game and I know my misunderstanding of mechanics impacted my gameplay.

roytheone

z3gpji2iodlhhq2dewp8.gif

Also, related to Camjo:

Stephen-Colbert-I-Told-You-So.gif

It was definitely a fun game! Having to hunt two scum teams was a bit of a challenge, but hey, that makes victory only sweeter, doesn't it? :) The flavor went a bit over my head with never having played bloodborne, but that wasn't a problem with the game not being a full on masquerade game.

Also, I have to say scum played well this game. Especially you Flame! I never suspected you of being mensis, and the only reason you got lynched was because people thought you were HC (that HAD to be frustrating!). If we had managed to get all HC members before you and stop night kills, you would probably have won. HC also played well and I seriously think you guys could have won if it wasn't for two really weird night kills (Never Forever and FEP). Why did you targeted those people?

Thanks to the mods and the players for a very fun game!

Getting recruited N1? With the way scum played in this game? Good one!

VOTE: Camjo-Z

also the sorian posts really were just a joke

Was the all caps DISCOVERED also a joke? :)

Congrats, everyone. I was worried flame would take the game and was pleasantly surprised you went for him. Never seriously doubted you would get camjo but i wavered a bit when zipped pulled aggro.

I would give flame scum mvp. I would have murdered him if left in the game, but i wouldn't have lynched him. Town mvp I don't know. I think we played well enough that the win is well deserved.

Weemad seemed really awesome in the scum thread. I hope we see more of them. I am guilty of slipping up pronouns a few times myself (i can barely type anything legibly though to be fair). What is there to say though. I wish everyone in the world was nicer and also that everyone had skin made of leather but that's not how it is so let's all do our best.

Reading the spec thread makes it seem kind of impressive that we actually managed to turbo Johnny after a conclusive counterclaim. Feels like usual Gafia policy would have been to let him live a few more days.

Palmer_v1

I would have been super irritated if Squidyj got lynched after he so firmly bussed scum from each team on D1 and D2. Also, I told the Gossip chat my last wish was for them to go after Johnny!

Otherwise, sorry about shitposting Day 1, but it sorta worked. Most of the people that questioned my loyalty based on it turned out to be scum.

I was also starting to get mildly suspicious of Kristoffer before I died, cause he seemed a bit flighty, but now I just realize he was willing to swap votes to any of those 3 particular people.

I was also starting to get mildly suspicious of Kristoffer before I died, cause he seemed a bit flighty, but now I just realize he was willing to swap votes to any of those 3 particular people.
I was intentionally posting in a way that would make people not trust my authenticity, so that I would be a good target to be left alone by mafia, while also trying to avoid being lynched the first two days. It obviously wasn't a good strategy, though, because apparently scum was about to target me in the hope I'd be their hidden partner!

Kalor

Reading the Mensis chat I'm surprised that it was between me or Roy for being converted first. It's good it was him as I don't know if I would have been so forward about it.

Flame_AC

One of the mistakes we made was in converting at all in the first place. I think it was a much a better idea in hindsight for us to just load everyone up on points, as we did in the end, then chain convert to end the game.

All in all. It was very difficult to win as Mensis, even with the rebalanced roles that we got. With JQK and Mazre gone, it would take 2 days to convert 1 person which is really hard, especially when that person can be killed quickly.

We knew about the existence of the Oedon Chapel, but not as its role as the gossip chat. For the longest time in the game we didn't know how to find it or who was in it, so we played without it. When the mess of Squidy/Crimson/Roy came out from the gossip chat, then it was clear what was going on.

Roy is spot on with the frustration of being lynched. I dunno how the game would have gone had I been around for Day 1 instead, since a lot of suspicion came from Hobo.

I don't know how I feel about Kristoffer's role. Starting the game knowing two scum and a town PR seems very powerful. Once Kristoffer made a post or two on each of his targets, no matter what happened to them, the role would be revealed and the names of his targets would be obvious, thereby giving two scum... (as it happened, only 1 scum was flipped for it, but it was me :(

There wasn't a town roleblocker as y'all see now. JQK and I just decided to block the kill that one night and it actually worked in our favor, causing quite the mess.

The claim of doctor was nice try to survive, but the way it lined up with roleblocks meant JQK would die sooner or later.

If people had somehow figured out the Gossip giving bonus points thing, I feel like Camjo's theory on me being Mensis would have gotten a lot more traction. I guess that was the "magnifying other powers" thing mentioned in my role PM, or would something have happened if I had invited Ri'Orius too? Would inviting Pandas have resulted in the death of everyone there?

Yeah, even not being able to state his targets, maybe it would have been better if Kris knew their names but not alignments? Although due to process of elimination, the outcome of that wouldn't have been any different.

RetroMG

I agree with you, Flame_ac. I think on death my entire role pm should have remained redacted. It was just too much info.

Unfortunately, on the days where I closed out the day, it was kind of a guessing game as to how much information I should be providing, since I was usually closing because Scrafty was unavailable.

She did instruct me to not inform the game that the Mensis faction was gone, but I left in the part about converted players going back to normal, which I didn't realize that she had previously redacted. This wound up acting as a subtle clue to some people that the Mensis team was gone, which wasn't my intent - I thought that information had been provided the whole time.

In short, sorry if I screwed up, Scrafty!

If people had somehow figured out the Gossip giving bonus points thing, I feel like Camjo's theory on me being Mensis would have gotten a lot more traction. I guess that was the "magnifying other powers" thing mentioned in my role PM, or would something have happened if I had invited Ri'Orius too? Would inviting Pandas have resulted in the death of everyone there?

No, the only effect was that Mensis got double points given to anyone in Oedon chapel. (I think that's right. Scrafty handled that whole side of the game.) In one of the early versions, I think there was a thing where if a certain player got invited to Oedon, they could kill people in the chat. That got removed early in the process though.

The original version of this game had some fascinating stuff, but it got pretty severely toned down. A lot of the mechanics were much more difficult. It really was the Souls Game of Mafia.

squidyj

One of the mistakes we made was in converting at all in the first place. I think it was a much a better idea in hindsight for us to just load everyone up on points, as we did in the end, then chain convert to end the game.

All in all. It was very difficult to win as Mensis, even with the rebalanced roles that we got. With JQK and Mazre gone, it would take 2 days to convert 1 person which is really hard, especially when that person can be killed quickly.

We knew about the existence of the Oedon Chapel, but not as its role as the gossip chat. For the longest time in the game we didn't know how to find it or who was in it, so we played without it. When the mess of Squidy/Crimson/Roy came out from the gossip chat, then it was clear what was going on.

Roy is spot on with the frustration of being lynched. I dunno how the game would have gone had I been around for Day 1 instead, since a lot of suspicion came from Hobo.

I don't know how I feel about Kristoffer's role. Starting the game knowing two scum and a town PR seems very powerful. Once Kristoffer made a post or two on each of his targets, no matter what happened to them, the role would be revealed and the names of his targets would be obvious, thereby giving two scum... (as it happened, only 1 scum was flipped for it, but it was me :(

There wasn't a town roleblocker as y'all see now. JQK and I just decided to block the kill that one night and it actually worked in our favor, causing quite the mess.

The claim of doctor was nice try to survive, but the way it lined up with roleblocks meant JQK would die sooner or later.

you might have been able to get me to go after someone else if you hadn't done that silly "i'll just hammer myself
wait no. no I will not
Now I shall defend myself vigorously"

routine.

Flame_AC

I was going to hammer, but I thought I was closer in the vote to the end.

Thing was, from my perspective. There was no convincing you, Zipped, or Roy by the end.

I had to try and get Vanguard, Camjo, and Freakinchair on my side.

Retro/Scrafty, why did y'all decide not to inform people of factions being eliminated?

RetroMG

Retro/Scrafty, why did y'all decide not to inform people of factions being eliminated?

I'd have to pass this to Scrafty, as that was her call. My guess is to add an extra layer of uncertainty to the proceedings, and make the end game a little more exciting, but that's purely a guess.

Thanks to everyone for playing! I hope you all had fun.

I would like to apologize upfront for not being as involved as I expected. I was offered a lucrative internship shortly prior to the start of the game, and it ended up eating up for more of my time than I had anticipated. As a result I was unable to oversee a few crucial elements of the game, which in turn resulted in some unfortunate happenstances.

Things that I should've done differently in retrospect:

Buffed Mensis more from the start. Initially Mensis simply had to visit a townsperson to convert them, but this was deemed too strong and so was toned down into the Kin Blood system (which itself was originally part of a larger "Beast Blood" system which was ultimately scrapped due to potentially causing too many random results). I gave them a significant buff midway through the game but ultimately it wasn't enough to overcome the early loss of arguably their most key role, so if I were to make this game again I'd definitely make the Host of the Nightmare less essential and given the Scholar and Kidnapper more to do.

Made it clear that the Moon Presence's Role PM was to be censored. My plan was to make the Moon Presence's Role PM a series of gibberish and scrambled game quotes upon his flip. However, when Kristoffer achieved his win condition and exited the game I was predisposed and unable to end the day, so asked Retro to do it, forgetting to pass on that crucial information in the process. As a result, Flame_AC, who had been playing INCREDIBLY well, became the object of scrutiny and was lynched despite his expert attempts at throwing town off of his scent. So, my apologies Flame, your death was the result of my forgetfulness above anything else.

Enforced gender pronouns more strictly. Again, I must profusely apologize to Nudull and weemadarthur. I deserve every bit of criticism I get for not being able to make this game a welcome and fun environment to all players, and since I was often unable to follow the thread live a lot of unacceptable behaviour slipped past me. If I ever moderate another game (which is to say, if my ever-stricter work schedule permits me to continue being involved in this community), I'm going to implement a two-strike system in which the first offense gets a harsh warning and the second offense gets a replacement/modkill. I went back and forth on whether to modkill certain individuals this game due to their behavior, but ultimately it would've crippled their respective teams and possibly ended the game prematurely, so I made a judgment call and decided not to punish a multitude of innocent parties for the bad behaviour of a few. I hope those unhappy with my moderation can find it in their heart to forgive me, and rest easy knowing that this may be the last time I mod a game.

With all that said, let's move on to something decidedly less-heavy: Award nominations! Submit a name and explanation for each category and I'll tally the votes tomorrow and distribute faaaaaaaabulous prizes to the winners.

The categories are as follows:

Best Town Player
Pretty self-explanatory. Who was the player who helped Yharnam the most, and what did they do that was so extraordinary?

Best Scum Player
An inverse of the above. Which player on the Mensis and Healing Church teams were the most conniving, most cunning, most clever?

Play of the Game
Was there a gambit or strategy that stood out as being particularly amazing? Nominate it here!

Best Flavour
Here you can vote for anyone who decided to get creative with their prose. Who best captured the feel of Yharnam?

Player's Choice Award
Is there someone you want to recognize, but didn't make the cut in any of the above categories? Vote for them here!

Thanks again for playing everyone; I wish you all success in your future ventures!

roytheone

It wouldn't be a Souls game if you knew what was going on.

Seath was jailed by the Kidnapper, which prevented Vanguard from protecting him.

Huh, jqk his pm said :

This will prevent the targeted player from using any of their night actions, but will also protect them from any killing commands.
it doesn't actually mention non kill powers failing too.

Flame_AC

We just posting the nominations in thread or sending them to you?

The note about your plan for the Moon Presence is quite something. Don't worry about it Scrafty! The game was a lot of fun and I might have been caught in the end anyways.

We just posting the nominations in thread or sending them to you?

The note about your plan for the Moon Presence is quite something. Don't worry about it Scrafty! The game was a lot of fun and I might have been caught in the end anyways.

Yeah, post your noms in the thread. That way I don't have to click around as much to find them later.

Best Town Player
CrimsonFist played extremely well - lots of well written analysis. Good poking and prodding of individuals - asking the right questions etc... Good work!

Best Scum Player
Verelios (honorary mentions to Flame_AC). Managed to squirm his way out of the killbox a few times... a few of us had to really push for him to convince town after he had gotten away. Was also hiding in plain sight - a lot of posting with good "town" perspective. If Mazre didn't end up being Mensis I'd bet you would have survived until the very end. The only reason I sus'd so hard on you was because of my faction war theory which turned out to be correct.

Play of the Game
Kristoffer managing to create a last minute counter bandwagon against Ri'Orius. It was the perfect play to make! This post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206604651&postcount=558 pleading for me to switch my vote and get the ball rolling. If we hadn't he would have lost and town would have lost a significant advantage in the early/late game. Props to everyone else who joined the bandwagon.

Best Flavour
Seath for succumbing to madness and attempting to have himself lynched as a town power role.

Player's Choice Award
Flame_AC for being the most undercover Mensis I could possibly imagine. You were so undercover that we thought you were on the other team and killed you for it. Damn!

Jeers: Anything relating to pronouns. Everyone should make a better attempt to use tohe right pronoun because it's honestly not that hard to do, but those who want special accommodations should also make an attempt to not repeatedly shit up the thread every time someone forgets to type "they" instead of "he".

ironically I accidentally got access to the scum chat on D4 and the one post of weemad's I read had them using the wrong pronoun for nudull

Everything Wee types in a Mafia game has probably got a minimum of 3 reasons. I'll give you one for free.

*Use of non neutral pronoun in the scum thread was intended to be noticed and called out by the faction which clearly had way extra information on the Mafia team than they should have had. Possibly due to having some sort of medium.*

I don't know why you turned to personal attacks on me. I suppose there is some irony in your falling into a trap I set, when you were nominally in my faction.

Take heart, as your attitude and those like it have contributed to my response to stimuli. As is, you will not need to tolerate my 'thread shitting' in support of my recruits.

Enforced gender pronouns more strictly. Again, I must profusely apologize to Nudull and weemadarthur. I deserve every bit of criticism I get for not being able to make this game a welcome and fun environment to all players, and since I was often unable to follow the thread live a lot of unacceptable behaviour slipped past me. If I ever moderate another game (which is to say, if my ever-stricter work schedule permits me to continue being involved in this community), I'm going to implement a two-strike system in which the first offense gets a harsh warning and the second offense gets a replacement/modkill. I went back and forth on whether to modkill certain individuals this game due to their behavior, but ultimately it would've crippled their respective teams and possibly ended the game prematurely, so I made a judgment call and decided not to punish a multitude of innocent parties for the bad behaviour of a few. I hope those unhappy with my moderation can find it in their heart to forgive me, and rest easy knowing that this may be the last time I mod a game.
I personally am not wanting you to retire from moderation due to my issues during this game. If my aim had been such, I would not have quietly withdrawn in the background. Certainly your real life should be your priority, as it was mine during parts of this game.

With regard to crippling one team or another, that's obviously a tough decision. In commentary on that:
I wound up as the de facto leader of the Mafia team due to having half an ounce more experience than the other members. Because I knew I was not putting the needed effort into fighting for my faction, and I knew I had an upcoming event, I considered withdrawal on day two. However, since there wasn't an available replacement, and I was needed by my faction, I stayed. Once I realized withdrawal was absolutely necessary for me during day three, I attempted to help find a replacement, left instructions for them on planned tactics, gave my noob a reasonable and well detailed role claim to help him protect himself, and stuck around the threads until I saw a replacement announcement was actually made. However, my withdrawal seemed to clearly affect my partner, who basically withdrew from playing at the same time. Effectively, this meant an entire faction was not playing during a crucial moment. So, it did cripple one respective team, even if that was the opposite of the intent.

If I was a candidate on the list you went back and forth on, well I would've been relieved for it. And I do realize I can be a disruptive influence. But my decisions have been made with the aim of the greater good.

On balance: I didn't read the gap between N3 and this last page. It seemed from the inside that the team named Mafia, in addition to being split and quite small, actually had the least information of any faction. However I strongly lack experience as scum, so my opinion is pretty uninformed on the subject. But it felt rather crippled from the off.

Camjo-Z

Best Town Player
roytheone for being generally on point all game.

Best Scum Player
Verelios for fending off Kris's attacks for way longer than I thought he would have, especially considering he's a new player.

Play of the Game
Freakinchair for legitimately fooling me into believing he was an unlimited vig. I was TRICKED, I tell you! CONFOUNDED! BAMBOOZLED!

Best Flavour
MickD, who was the only one I can remember attempting to roleplay (even though he dropped it after we all jumped on him for it, owah...). Speaking of MickD, let us not forget that he was the ORIGINAL Camjo voter when nobody else even suspected me of hidden partnering! Give this man a medal!

Player's Choice Award
Flame_AC, for reasons I mentioned earlier. Hm? No, this is NOT to make up for when I ganked him in Batman...

EDIT: Removing the offending post, partially to keep things civil and partially because anyone who didn't see it before the edit is gonna think I said something way sassier than I actually did.

RetroMG

Camjo, there is no need to attack someone personally. Knock it off.

Weemad, the use of mediums are not allowed in main season games. This has been said publicly on a number of occasions.

Both of you, leave it alone. The battle is over, there's no need to keep fighting, especially as the two of you were on the same goddamn team.

If this is to be discussed, it should be done in the review thread, and it should be done respectfully.

roytheone

On balance: I didn't read the gap between N3 and this last page. It seemed from the inside that the team named Mafia, in addition to being split and quite small, actually had the least information of any faction. However I strongly lack experience as scum, so my opinion is pretty uninformed on the subject. But it felt rather crippled from the off.

I would assume balancing a three way game like this is very hard. Yeah, you guys weren't that strong, but having two scum teams is a big disadvantage for town. Not only do you have more scum to find, since there are separate teams the normal tools of town like vote history and connections between players aren't as useful as in a normal game.For example, if you guys had an extra member, suddenly town would be up against 9 non-townies in a 24 player game. That would mean town would pretty much need a perfect lynch record, or else they would be dependent on NK hitting scum. A game where town is that dependent on pr (and even dependent on scum) isn't that fun for them.

Kalor

Best Town Player
Squidyj - Squidy became a clear town player early on and pushed for multiple scum lynches. He was the only person on Mazre for a while and was able to get him lynched.

Best Scum Player
Verelios - My reason is the same as other players in that it he was able to stay alive despite facing suspicion at multiple points throughout the game. It was a good performance considering this was their first game.

Play of the Game
Kristoffer - Got more people to join the Ri'Orius bandwagon. His vote pushed it to the point where they were a viable lynch candidate and got me to switch my vote.

Best Flavour
MickD - Off the top of my head he's the only person who had some flavour, even if it was only in one or two posts.

I don't know who I would pick for the Player's Choice Award so I'll opt out of that.

Weemad, the use of mediums are not allowed in main season games. This has been said publicly on a number of occasions.

Interesting. Would you say this is something that has all the gravitas of an Official Gafia Rule?
I would assume balancing a three way game like this is very hard. Yeah, you guys weren't that strong, but having two scum teams is a big disadvantage for town. Not only do you have more scum to find, since there are separate teams the normal tools of town like vote history and connections between players aren't as useful as in a normal game.For example, if you guys had an extra member, suddenly town would be up against 9 non-townies in a 24 player game. That would mean town would pretty much need a perfect lynch record, or else they would be dependent on NK hitting scum. A game where town is that dependent on pr (and even dependent on scum) isn't that fun for them.
Very probable, yes. And since the two (?) scum teams should have been aware that there must be a second one, there is the choice between banding together, or attacking each other first. In any case, there was some gameplay on day one from my faction which went against plan, and therefore it is possible nothing could have pulled our tails out of the fire. Having the team split seemed a bit odd to me, under the circumstances though.

Scum MVP NOm: I support giving this award to verelios. He remained calm and collected in a difficult situation. Also, although I generally directed him in what to DO, I never actually needed to review what he SAID. His words were entirely his own, and very clever.

RetroMG

Interesting. Would you say this is something that has all the gravitas of an Official Gafia Rule?

It's not quite that simple, but sure.

Main season games are reviewed for balance prior to each season starting. The ability to read the Dead Thread, for example, will never be permitted in a main season game, because it requires us to break up the dead threads and the spectator threads, and nobody likes doing that.

The ability to read another thread, (like scum chat, for example,) isn't under as hard of a rule, but it's still game-breaking. A sane group of overseers would not approve a game with a role that could choose to read the scum thread.

Mid-season and event games are not required to receive any such review, so it is entirely possible for a role like that to sneak in there. But for this current circumstance, no.

EDIT: So I admit I made an error earlier. You used the phrase Medium, which stuck in my head. What has been announced previously is that Mediums, (roles that contact the dead,) are not permitted for main season games, for the reason I cited above. The type of role you were actually talking about, (I'm sure it has a name, but I don't know what it would be,) has not been announced previously as a banned role. However, the point still stands that we wouldn't allow such a role in a main season game.

MickD

MAN I WAS OG CAMJO VOTER! Ya'll slept on me all season!

I even promised people money when I wasn't going to flip town. How real can you get.

I'm very sorry to Magnum/Kalor. I killed you both, but you also killed me. All love.

Congrats town!

Top Bottom