• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE |OT| Do You Remember MegaTen?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Do you mean the UFO enemy? You can guarantee spawns of it in the TV station: refresh the room configuration so the Treasure Room is on the left, then go in there, there's a ladder that leads to a tiny dead end room. If you have Riberoma(?) and the other one (more enemies, rare enemies) active, he'll spawn every time you come up the ladder. I got like twelve of the drops in fifteen minutes grinding it out.
Little late in this, but finally gave this a try & he's not appearing at all in that area, let alone in that little area where you climb up the ladder & find the treasure box.

Edit: Oh sure, NOW it appears after I complain about it.

Edit 2: Think I'm about to face the final boss and....OMG. WHAT.
YOU TURNED INTO MARTH?!?! AND NOW EVERYONE IS SINGING TO THE FIRE EMBLEM THEME?!?! I NEED TO HEAR THIS AGAIN

Tanis

Finished my Hard playthrough @ 81 hours. Final levels were 63 for Itsuki and 59-60 for the other party members. Overall I've really enjoyed the game, the only thing I upset with is that it is stuck on Wii U. A lot of effort was put into this game and more people deserve to experience it.

I was expecting a super crazy ending after seeing this thread hang around the front page a few months back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168610

In the end is was fairly standard boilerplate anime wrapup. Every female is in love with the protagonist trope. The "Fire Emblem song" was a bit cringey and they should have had an original song instead of trying to shoehorn lyrics into that tune. Storywise not quite up to Persona 3/4 standards but still really good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YO, WHAT.

SO THE CUTSCENE BEFORE THE FINAL BATTLE....

IT'S REFERENCING THE FREAKIN' COMMERCIAL FOR THE ORIGINAL FIRE EMBLEM GAME?!?!?

This just makes the pre-final boss scene even more amazing.

Anyways, seems to be final cutscene time. Talked to everything in my party, think I should be getting the best ending. Anyway of knowing if I did it correctly?

Edit: Guessing I did, considering
Itsuki became THE FREAKIN' PRESIDENT & GOT A SUAVE NEW SUIT

Completed the game, all side-quests (well, aside from the Arena), took about 75-ish hours (final time is 77:21), characters were about level 61. Aside from a small few nitpicks, this was really enjoyable & I'm so glad I was able to stick through it to the end. It's been so long since I've actually been able to play, let alone finish a console RPG in a while. Sure, it isn't what people were expecting in "SMT meets FE" but I'm still very happy with the end product. Would be neat if Atlus could visit this sort of RPG structure again in the future, or hell, perhaps apply it to a Persona game.

demonkaze

Tried the final boss last night for the first time and got right near the end of it before I died, got caught up in a loop of healing and reviving and couldnt recover. Any tips for this, Itsuki is 60 and the rest high 50's.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
My team was basically Itsuki 63 or 64, everyone else 60 or 61.

My main strategy was making use of Itsuki's ability of lowering the resistance so the boss was weak against just about all types of attacks.

Also maybe bring some mirrors or have a character that can do it them-self via skill. My team had Yashiro & Mamori because they had the most health & Mamori had the skill where she had a good chance of guarding when being attacked.

massoluk

Banned
Legit confused here.

WVW69jbuGO8Cb8y2yO

Blade of Domination
"Your Physical attacks have a moderate chance to cause target to act last"

Blade of Restraint
"Your Physical attacks have a chance to cause target to act last"

Very bad phrasing imo. Which one is better? :3

Legit confused here.

Blade of Domination
"Your Physical attacks have a moderate chance to cause target to act last"

Blade of Restraint
"Your Physical attacks have a chance to cause target to act last"

Very bad phrasing imo. Which one is better? :3

Based on my experience, and the weapons that you get the skills from, I think that blades of domination is the better skill.

massoluk

Banned
Based on my experience, and the weapons that you get the skills from, I think that blades of domination is the better skill.

Yeah, in the end I picked Blades of Domination based on the weapon level, but I paused very long for this one. In game descriptions were horseshit.

just beat the chapter 3 mid-boss. it took a while but i finally figured out you could skip ad-libs and special performances. to think of all the time I could have saved

what's a good set of skills to have on Itsuki? so far I've got wyrmslayer and that other double slayer skill, fatal edge, zionga and rakukaja and rakunda

Astral Dog

So what happens when the white bar is filled up and you level up?

for example the HP bar is full but still says im getting HP with the green numbers, i thought maybe thats because of unit class bat that does not seem to be the case.

Stuart444

Quick questions:

1. How many chapters are in the game?

2. How long is it from Chapter 2 intermission to the end?

3. I unlocked friendly mode which I'll probably use (don't care much about a challenge atm, just want to play for the story - if I replay it, I may try it on a harder mode), what does friendly mode do anyway? Like how is it easier than easy?

Astral Dog

Quick questions:

1. How many chapters are in the game?

2. How long is it from Chapter 2 intermission to the end?

3. I unlocked friendly mode which I'll probably use (don't care much about a challenge atm, just want to play for the story - if I replay it, I may try it on a harder mode), what does friendly mode do anyway? Like how is it easier than easy?

there are 6 chapters, from CH 2 to the end there is a long way, but depends on how are you taking your time, you kinda have to do sidequests and stuff as they give useful skills for the main story, but i guess if you play friendly its going to be significantly shorter. i think the normal playing time is around 50 hours from what i have seen

i have not played Friendly, but Easy difficulty is actually not that easy, you still have to make strategies, use skills and level up or you can get killed by bosses.

Stuart444

there are 6 chapters, from CH 2 to the end there is a long way, but depends on how are you taking your time, you kinda have to do sidequests and stuff as they give useful skills for the main story, but i guess if you play friendly its going to be significantly shorter. i think the normal playing time is around 50 hours from what i have seen

i have not played Friendly, but Easy difficulty is actually not that easy, you still have to make strategies, use skills and level up or you can get killed by bosses.

I only unlocked it because I was not expecting the boss in CH2 to revive his friends and then they took us out quite quickly ;_; if not for that, I would have won without dying.

Finally started the game a few nights ago, got to the start of Chapter 2. So far, this reminds me a lot of the premise from Persona 4: Dancing All Night, except, you know, not crappy. Lots of little things like
untrained teenagers suddenly in show business
having to use your own song to reach someone through their shadows/mirages
, the general focus on idol stuff, etc. But all the story beats feel a lot more natural here than they did in Dancing All Night.

random25

Doing the arena stuff kinda broke the game for me lol. Sitting on chapter 4 doing side stuff and I'm already at level 48 because of intermediate level. These emblem accessories are damn cool, especially the kishin and deity ones.

Got a chuckle out of the elevations in the final dungeon. Callback to Kagutsuchi in Nocturne :)

This game was fantastic. 50 hours on normal, Itsuki at 60. Question for NG+ - where do you go for additional leveling? Is there another dungeon with harder enemies, or do you just have to keep fighting the black shadows?

Astral Dog

Got a chuckle out of the elevations in the final dungeon. Callback to Kagutsuchi in Nocturne :)

This game was fantastic. 50 hours on normal, Itsuki at 60. Question for NG+ - where do you go for additional leveling? Is there another dungeon with harder enemies, or do you just have to keep fighting the black shadows?

i guess you could play the arena or buy the dungeon dlc with savage enemies

Rainy

Banned
I'm getting wrecked by the boss in Tsubasa's third side story. It doesn't help that the attacks all use attacks that target Tsubasa's weaknesses and you can't switch her out of the party...also Spirit Drain is super annoying.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm getting wrecked by the boss in Tsubasa's third side story. It doesn't help that the attacks all use attacks that target Tsubasa's weaknesses and you can't switch her out of the party...also Spirit Drain is super annoying.
Magic Mirror to cheese iirc

random25

Throw in those magic mirrors before the boss takes her turn. Cast rakunda beforehand for massive damage. Her lackeys are pretty annoying though but confusing them can at least reduce their activity.

Meier

I only unlocked it because I was not expecting the boss in CH2 to revive his friends and then they took us out quite quickly ;_; if not for that, I would have won without dying.

Discussion about boss fights:
Every boss in the game "calls for reinforcements" so get used to it, haha. Super annoying..

random25

Hm okay. I think I might just be too low a level too. Itsuki is my highest at 45. I might just wait until after Chapter 5 to do it.

I finished it with Itsuki at level 47 and it still was a big struggle, especially when the enemy uses her special almighty attack that can really mess up your game plan. I kinda got lucky with this fight as my last turn pretty much was a do or die attack to finish it off. Better do this one with better equips and a bit higher level as a team I suppose.

Rainy

Banned
I finished it with Itsuki at level 47 and it still was a big struggle, especially when the enemy uses her special almighty attack that can really mess up your game plan. I kinda got lucky with this fight as my last turn pretty much was a do or die attack to finish it off. Better do this one with better equips and a bit higher level as a team I suppose.
I was using magic mirrors and was one hit away (I was in the middle of a session) and my power went out.
Kill me.

mclem

Yeah, in the end I picked Blades of Domination based on the weapon level, but I paused very long for this one. In game descriptions were horseshit.

I've noticed that one is out-and-out inaccurate, the blurb for
Crazy Circus
implies that it only poisons one enemy.

Stuart444

Do you need to do side stories the chapter they are able to be unlocked? Or can you wait til anytime later after the chapter they are able to be unlocked?

Ie several party members all need stage rank up so I thought I might as well just leave them til a bit later on but if I need to do them all this chapter... yeah.

BTA

Do you need to do side stories the chapter they are able to be unlocked? Or can you wait til anytime later after the chapter they are able to be unlocked?

Ie several party members all need stage rank up so I thought I might as well just leave them til a bit later on but if I need to do them all this chapter... yeah.

Nope, there's no such time restraint. The intermissions are a good time to get any you can out of the way, but they won't go away if you save them for a little later or anything..

random25

That build up to chapter 4 boss fight...lmao!
Poor Tsubasa she deserves a happy ending.

Yashiro's first side quest is hilarious. First class actor indeed.

Say, for the dungeon of chapter 4, there was a golden UFO (golden ennemy), it looked like the rare kind of ennemy that drops a lot of EXP and loot.
Questions :
1- What is the best way to beat them ?
2- Is it possible to farm them ?
Thanks.

Lusankya

Say, for the dungeon of chapter 4, there was a golden UFO (golden ennemy), it looked like the rare kind of ennemy that drops a lot of EXP and loot.
Questions :
1- What is the best way to beat them ?
2- Is it possible to farm them ?
Thanks.

1.) Come back later and use SP Skills. Yashiro has one that grants you 100% hit rate for all following session attacks.

2.) Yes, at exactly that position where you first found them. Again Yashiro is your friend with his field skill to increase the Savage/Rare Enemies encounter rate.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Nope, there's no such time restraint. The intermissions are a good time to get any you can out of the way, but they won't go away if you save them for a little later or anything..
Intermissions are actually the worst time since new members usually join your party a little into the next chapter, without any battles occurring; it just feels like a good time.

Lusankya

And the second one revives and fully heals an ally w/o spending at turn, which means you can use both of them on the same turn if you have 2 SP, and then still attack!

The second skill is even better and revives all other allys w/o spending a turn.

This chapter 4 boss. What the hell. Completely wipes my party once it goes into
that all black form
I figured it's weak to everything at that point but everyone not Itsuki can't survive a turn. Would have got it if Kiria could get off her performance art. Maybe my group is underlevelled too much.

Rainy

Banned
lmao I just beat (Chapter 5 spoilers)
Dark Yashiro. The boss wasn't really difficult...but it legit took me like 30 minutes to beat it. So much HP...and because he kept splitting into two and fours it made it so tedious.

Anyway got my biggest session combo at 18 hits so far, mostly because of two duets back to back. Honestly I really love the battle system in this game, just so fun to me.

1.) Come back later and use SP Skills. Yashiro has one that grants you 100% hit rate for all following session attacks.

2.) Yes, at exactly that position where you first found them. Again Yashiro is your friend with his field skill to increase the Savage/Rare Enemies encounter rate.

Ok I'll come back later then.

The battle
against the 3 foes of the director where you are supposed to beat them all in the same turn
was fun at first but became really tedious quickly.

muteki

Just wrapped up Chapter 4. Continuing to abuse Pastel power though it is proving to be less effective recently, only hitting mobs. Still wasn't too terrible. This may have been my least favorite dungeon so far, it seemed small and by the end of it I didn't feel as though I had improved much. I have class changed most of my group by now so maybe there is some artificial improvement there.

So many sidequests to do, but I finished off Kirias.

Is there anyway to tell post-class-change which Carnages are exclusive to what class? I'm picking the "least preferable" class first, in theory to get the skills from those Carnages and move back to the "prime" class, but I haven't seen anything in the gui that would tell me which ones are exclusive.

Is there anyway to tell post-class-change which Carnages are exclusive to what class? I'm picking the "least preferable" class first, in theory to get the skills from those Carnages and move back to the "prime" class, but I haven't seen anything in the gui that would tell me which ones are exclusive.

Not really other than looking at the skills, but you don't have to be that class to make the Carnages from that class. Class changing just unlocks them.

Top Bottom