• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

BEST

BIRTHDAY

EVER

uqquhph.jpg

Watch out, they're gonna throw you in spider prison if they catch you.

mp1990

Banned
BEST

BIRTHDAY

EVER

Had to google to see what this game is about, aaaaand...

The protagonist, Hodai, is struck with an arrow from Kurona, an evil angel. This makes every girl at his academy furious with him. As such, they run at him, attacking Hodai at the first chance he gets. Hodai must defend himself by shooting girls with a magic arrow, which makes them fall in love with him. The curse does not stop here though; if Hodai is unable to find his one true love by the end of the day, he is destined for a life alone. Hodai must protect himself throughout the adventure, while also seeking the love of his life.

You can't make this shit up

Had to google to see what this game is about, aaaaand...

You can't make this shit up

What's worse is that when he shoots girls with the arrow they basically have an involuntary orgasm, not fall in love with him.

Now imagine a game where you are a female character and do the same thing to men, and they just ejaculate all over the place.

Out of words.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thank god someone reminded me to cancel the humble monthly before it charged me later today >_<

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just report Ban Puncher's game to the Australian authorities for insufficient breast content and move on, people.

So, I downloaded a recorded 1080p Uncharted 4 playthrough from Youtube yesterday. And I set it up with SVP so the video can run at 60fps. It's running smoothly in small areas, but when Drake reach an opening the fps started to tank. Apparently my PC can't handle it at 60fps lol. I wonder if it's somewhat the same as if my PC is rendering the game, IF the game is available on PC that is. I bet better PCs can watch it at 60fps without problem.

dex3108

So, I downloaded a recorded 1080p Uncharted 4 playthrough from Youtube yesterday. And I set it up with SVP so the video can run at 60fps. It's running smoothly in small areas, but when Drake reach an opening the fps started to tank. Apparently my PC can't handle it at 60fps lol. I wonder if it's somewhat the same as if my PC is rendering the game, IF the game is available on PC that is. I bet better PCs can watch it at 60fps without problem.

So they were right, PC is not able to handle Uncharted 4 graphics XD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

EvilMaze -- MB-DDD661B5CA4B46FD - Taken by The_Super_Inframan

This should work.

accel

Fuck'em. Hard.

Talk about an over-reaction.

They removed several policies from Windows 10 Pro and limited them to higher versions of Windows. Yes, these policies were useful, it'd have been better if they left them in. But the outrage with "fuck them" and the likes is completely ridiculous.

Microsoft are adding policies to Windows all the time. Every version of Windows comes with a ton of new policies. Every major update adds more. But no, because the new update removes a couple, fuck those evil bastards.

You know why they are removing them? I get that the immediate answer is "because they want to screw customers and push ads or whatnot", but in practice the reason is likely much less press-worthy, ie, they are removing "Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences" because they want part of their updates to come that way, and they are removing "Disable all apps from Windows Store" because some of them would be WinRT-based. And they are leaving these policies for higher versions of Windows because whoever configures them is typically not an end user and likely know what they are doing. But hey, let's yell, it's simpler.

Monkeythumbz

Communications Manager, nDreams
Has anyone here played The Assembly in VR?

I bought the Steam VR version to play with my Rift, but it won't start on my Rift. Just get it on my tv screen. I haven't had this issue before. Usually Steam VR games start right up.

Make sure you close Steam VR before launching the game from Steam, this should prevent the game from crashing. We've had a couple of players have similar issues so we're fixing this in a future patch, so sorry that you're having trouble.

Would you mind sending a SteamVR system report? This helps us log the issue and pass it on to Steam who can fix the issue.

In SteamVR, go to the Settings > General, click Create System Report, and click Save to File. You can also e-mail support@ndreams.com and we can pass this along.

You know why they are removing them? I get that the immediate answer is "because they want to screw customers and push ads or whatnot", but in practice the reason is likely much less press-worthy, ie, they are removing "Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences" because they want part of their updates to come that way, and they are removing "Disable all apps from Windows Store" because some of them would be WinRT-based. And they are leaving these policies for higher versions of Windows because whoever configures them is typically not an end user and likely know what they are doing. But hey, let's yell, it's simpler.

Why the fuck would any mandatory update come that way? Is there any proconsumer reason for this? You are just calling people paranoid when they actually have every reason to be nervous about this change. The channels Microsoft are forcing open are through which exactly what you claim will not be forced are often forced.

Arthea

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness VN is being released on steam by NISA, no release date yet for us, though

edited: Psycho-Pass is pretty good btw,
a tad depressing

Vuze

Well, seems Microsoft are going to prevent people cutting out Windows 10 "features" by preventing sets of group policy edits, unless you can get a hold of a education or enterprise version of Windows 10...

Fuck this noise
Damn... I used quite a bunch of policy edits to customize my Win10 experience to my liking. inb4 Anniversary update completly breaks my installation

I guess Microsoft just knows how much I love the useless lockscreen, the useless Cloud thing they force down your throat and some other stuff I disabled

accel

Why the fuck would any mandatory update come that way? Is there any proconsumer reason for this? You are just calling people paranoid when they actually have every reason to be nervous about this change. The channels Microsoft are forcing open are through which exactly what you claim will not be forced are often forced.

I said that's a possible reason, I don't know what the exact reason is. We have to ask Microsoft for that, and based on what exactly they are doing (disabling very few disjoint policies) and on past experience, the reason is probably 90% technical.

People overreact all the time. Ie, regarding last change to Cortana - omg, omg, no option to turn it off now, omg, fuck Microsoft, omg - while the nature of the change is that they had two searches, decided to have just one, and naturally have chosen the one tied to Cortana because it's better. And getting that out of the way from where 99% of the people have issue with it is a matter of clicking a menu option once per lifetime of the operating system install.

JarrodL

Totally unrelated (but who cares :p), but I finally completed Parasite Eve 2 with the best ending.
I heard terrible things about the final boss, but honestly I defeated both forms in my first try, it wasn't really hard at all (yeah, the attacks of the first form were brutal, but nothing you couldn't dodge by running away: the second form was just dumb, I remained where the game spawns you after the cutscene and I threw the hell out of my ammo and powers, when I had low energy, I used a full healing item). Maybe it's because I'm used to tank controls from Resident Evil, but I had no problems at all.
Anyway, I have a few questions:

-why when you kill the second form of the final boss it turned into Aya? Zero explanations about this, and it happens for a second, than nothing.
-why Eve is identical to Aya, only a younger version? I didn't find documents in the game if not a couple, and I don't understand why this isn't explained. Who is Eve, anyway? I think she is important, since she is in the title too.

It's been a while since I played, but as far as I remember
there was a computer somewhere in the final hideout/base, with files on Eve you could read. She is Aya's clone, created by the shadow government bad guys from Aya's DNA. She was brainwashed and experimented upon in order to use her as a means to control the monsters (ANMCs).
Parasite Eve wiki has more details (look up Eve Brea).

Lain

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness VN is being released on steam by NISA, no release date yet for us, though

edited: Psycho-Pass is pretty good btw,
a tad depressing

The Steam release was known since February. Console release is September 13 or thereabout, so I'd guess the PC release is around there somewhere too.

Lain

it was? I missed that somehow.

Yep, the Steam logo was on their presentation trailer back in February, and they said it was coming to Steam too later, though I don't remember when that was specifically. It's just too bad they don't offer a physical LE for the PC release too.

Ludens

Banned
It's been a while since I played, but as far as I remember
there was a computer somewhere in the final hideout/base, with files on Eve you could read. She is Aya's clone, created by the shadow government bad guys from Aya's DNA. She was brainwashed and experimented upon in order to use her as a means to control the monsters (ANMCs).
Parasite Eve wiki has more details (look up Eve Brea).

Umh, I did it and it spoiled me the whole 3rd Birthday :S
Anyway thanks a lot :)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala Capsule Computers "FRIDAY SPECIAL BUNDLE" #36

Pay only $1 and get these 3 Steam games

Caveman World: Mountains of Unga Boonga (STEAM) +
Legend (1994) (STEAM) +
A-Gents (STEAM) +

Pay only $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24 Hours) and get the entire Bundle of 10 Steam Games

Hashtag Dungeon (STEAM) +
FIVE: Guardians of David (STEAM) +
RPG Tycoon + Soundtrack (STEAM) +
Where's My Helmet? (STEAM) +
The Descendant (Episode 1) (STEAM) +
Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure (STEAM)
Super 3-D Noah's Ark (STEAM) +
Jim Power -The Lost Dimension (STEAM) +

https://www.indiegala.com/friday

JarrodL

Umh, I did it and it spoiled me the whole 3rd Birthday :S
Anyway thanks a lot :)
Ouch, sorry. If it's any consolation:
1) I think I know what spoiler you mean, and it's not as bad as it seems at first (unless you, like, read everything in the 3rd Birthday section there :)). I had the same thing spoiled for me as well before playing, and without knowing the details it leaves plenty of mystery and space to wonder "how the hell is this going to work".
2) 3rd Birthday story is a horrible mess. For me it was like, "I want to erase this from my memory" levels of bad, especially so as a sequel to PS1-2.

Made 3 cents in profit on Montaro cards after deducing the cost of the game. Is it actually a good game? It's hard to tell with all those ironic reviews on steam.

Nillansan

There was a Unit 731 defense force on gaf (with anime avatars). Ther is a "Its okay to kill drug users" defense force on Gaf.
Surely there will be a defense force for that on Gaf.

GAF really sucks sometimes.

That's pretty much my back up plan. Win 10 has been fine enough (with exception of the updating mess that happened over the last week for me), when Win10 becomes untenable, I'll go back to 7. Eventually I'll probably move my gaming only to Win 7 / 10 and do everything else on Mac, where almost all my software stuff is available

I will stay on Windows 7 for as long as possible. It is really the best option for me personally as I have a ton of older titles in my backlog. I don't want to deal with the various compatibility issues Windows 10 users are reporting.

It's really for your best guys, really! Microsoft has your best interest in mind as they have proven on numerous occasions.

There we go.

Ludens

Banned
Ouch, sorry. If it's any consolation:
1) I think I know what spoiler you mean, and it's not as bad as it seems at first (unless you, like, read everything in the 3rd Birthday section there :)). I had the same thing spoiled for me as well before playing, and without knowing the details it leaves plenty of mystery and space to wonder "how the hell is this going to work".
2) 3rd Birthday story is a horrible mess. For me it was like, "I want to erase this from my memory" levels of bad, especially so as a sequel to PS1-2.

Nah, no problem, I doubt I'll ever play it anyway.

Wok

Microsoft is making a really great argument for why you want a free (as in libre) operating system. Sad that Linux is still totally unusable for normal users though. Maybe Win 10 will become so bad that eventually a bunch of software companies come together to "fix" Linux, simply to have a good dev environment for their own developers that they can fully control.

Fedora is pretty great and user-friendly.

Trying to get back into Ori and I still need to git gud, but I'm really starting to hate relying on enemies for movement, they fire just a hair too slow to really get around

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I said that's a possible reason, I don't know what the exact reason is. We have to ask Microsoft for that, and based on what exactly they are doing (disabling very few disjoint policies) and on past experience, the reason is probably 90% technical.

People overreact all the time. Ie, regarding last change to Cortana - omg, omg, no option to turn it off now, omg, fuck Microsoft, omg - while the nature of the change is that they had two searches, decided to have just one, and naturally have chosen the one tied to Cortana because it's better. And getting that out of the way from where 99% of the people have issue with it is a matter of clicking a menu option once per lifetime of the operating system install.

Cortana is not even available in my territory so what am I supposed to do after the anniversery update?

Parsnip

Cortana is not even available in my territory so what am I supposed to do after the anniversery update?
Your search will probably just work without any of the voice stuff.
Probably kind of like it works right now.

If it comes down to it, there's always Windows 7 (or 8.1). I never tried 8.1, if 10 goes to shit then maybe I will. 8 sucked so much that I didn't bother with 8.1 either.

In terms of gaming, it has far to go correct? Sure is better then it was though.

Theoretically most Linux games are aiming for a Steam bundle of libraries, so the distribution wouldn't change much. I would imagine some games might have an issue now and then.

But if I wanted the slickest experience, I'd use Ubuntu. I don't care for the default Ubuntu desktop, I like Xubuntu or Lubuntu (they have simpler, more Windows-like interfaces) which are still using the "Ubuntu base" underneath.

I tried using straight up SteamOS but I didn't see much of an advantage, aside from faster driver patches.

When we see all these little changes, they add up to a big flashing arrow in a direction some people aren't super happy with. And it's not like Microsoft has really earned our trust. In fact they're doing their hardest to throw it away.

Regginator

Sarcasm

Unfortunately I don't have a Windows 7 DVD, it was pre-installed on my computer when I bought it. Overall I'm satisfied with Windows 10, I have no reason to downgrade, but lately I've been having some BSODs, and I don't know if it's driver/software or OS related (didn't have these issues on Windows 7).

Find an ISO, then create a USB bootable.

Hopefully my region stays "not available in your region" region. Otherwise, love the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom