• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

oh wow, fancy!

Holy shit.

wow
Wow, that's exciting!

I don't think GameExplain even caught that!

That's because they are not releasing an analysis video of it.

that's good
I thought they were Andre was just taking his time(rightfully so it's alot)

That's pretty cool.
Fallen Hero timeline confirmed?

Incredible.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Big thread forgive me if this was covered.

Been thinking about this for a while.

At first it seemed logical that the "Sheikah Slate" was a version of the Will U Gamepad but now I'm thinking it may be the form factor for the NX. And to go further off the walls, the way it interacts with the "Shrines" may be the docking station of sorts.

NX SLATE
NX SHRINE

TheMoon

Big thread forgive me if this was covered.

Been thinking about this for a while.

At first it seemed logical that the "Sheikah Slate" was a version of the Will U Gamepad but now I'm thinking it may be the form factor for the NX. And to go further off the walls, the way it interacts with the "Shrines" may be the docking station of sorts.

NX SLATE
NX SHRINE

I think it's time to wrap a wet towel around your head and cool down a bit. You're seeing things. :)

Nerrel

was this shown

Uh... it's not showing up.

109794-the-greatest-experience-in-life-and-i-mi.gif

I think it's funny how for all the context clues and Hylian translations, flowers are now possibly the biggest indicator for the Fallen Hero timeline.

That, and that someone actually had the idea to put that in there...this game will be something special.

TheMoon

the hilarious mind bender about this: we're totally cool with assuming flowers always grow in the exact same spot for all time without any other flowers sprouting up around them over time. :D

That's pretty cool.
That would be awesome. Given my nostalgia for the older LoZ games, I'd love that VERY much. Even if it isn't, oddly enough, I'm super excited for this game. I don't have the nostalgia for OoT and onward because I jumped ship to PS1 over N64, though replaying those games later, I just didn't care for that direction either. But everything about BotW, the freedom, the many different ways to approach a situation, the JUMPING, when I was younger, I envisioned a 3D LoZ game and, I kid you not, it was exactly like BotW(well, maybe more with the art direction of ALttP, but that was the just the time talking). This is the LoZ I always since back then.

stoff

As this thread has resurfaced, I'd like to ask whether or not we already know if (or to what extent) your actions in the game are persistent? Will the Bokoblins respawn after being defeated? What about the shrooms and the weapons scattered about? Will treasure chests be refilled? If you chop a tree, leave the area and then come back a significant time later, will it still be chopped?

G.ZZZ

As this thread has resurfaced, I'd like to ask whether or not we already know if (or to what extent) your actions in the game are persistent? Will the Bokoblins respawn after being defeated? What about the shrooms and the weapons scattered about? Will treasure chests be refilled? If you chop a tree, leave the area and then come back a significant time later, will it still be chopped?

It's literally impossible for those things to be persistent. The only question is how far do you have to get for the game to load out and then in those sections again

Blues1990

That's pretty cool.

Who knows where this game takes place (though I think it would be cool if it takes place after "Zelda II", chronologically speaking). All I know, is that it's shaping up to be a solid experience that will fix what was wrong with the previous 3D Zelda games. (coughskywardswordcough)

TheMoon

It's literally impossible for those things to be persistent. The only question is how far do you have to get for the game to load out and then in those sections again

This.

Respawns were also explicitly confirmed during E3, in case you assume we're just guessing. They did not specify what made them respawn though, if it's just time or distance or loading into a shrine/etc maybe.

stoff

I don't see how it would be impossible. It's not like it has never been done before. And Zelda has obviously always kept track of opened chests.

Respawns were also explicitly confirmed during E3, in case you assume we're just guessing. They did not specify what made them respawn though, if it's just time or distance or loading into a shrine/etc maybe.
Thanks. I was really curious about this.

G.ZZZ

I don't see how it would be impossible. It's not like it has never been done before. And Zelda has obviously always kept track of opened chests.

Thanks. I was really curious about this.

Chests are nowhere as numerous as trees and grass. Monsters maybe, but i see no reason for make them not respawn.

ReyVGM

Enemies respawn in every Zelda game, so yeah, expect them to respawn after leaving an area or something. Food/weapons will prob spawn, but not chests. Maybe the wooden ones will, but the metallic ones won't.
Trees were confirmed to respawn after some time passes.

ReyVGM

There's a huge tree trunk near Hopper Pond that no one has climbed yet. I'm not talking about the broken tree trunk that's cut down, but one that's still standing, but it seems something cut the top-half off. I wonder if it's hollow and if there's something inside.

There's also a smaller leaning tree trunk in the north edge of Hopper Pond that looks like it has a hole on top. No one has climbed inside that one either.

I keep looking for new gameplay videos in hopes someone climbs those trees.

TheMoon

Enemies respawning makes sense. But it would have been cool if the environment was persistent.

You'd think that. Until you realize you could kill your whole game world by cutting down every tree and farming the whole place dry meaning no more health/buff items at all. It's just not realistic or viable for this game.

ReyVGM

I do it too.

I rummage youtube every day for new videos about BotW hoping to find someone doing something new.

watershed

Banned
Man this game is gonna be so good as a portable game on the NX. Somehow videogames feel much more personal and engrossing when I can play them without using the tv.

G.ZZZ

I can't wait for september personally. They're totally gonna showcase this to show the NX. Imagine going like "this is the Zelda u remember... this is how it look on your NX portable screen, and THIS, is to go even further beyond on your TV!" :gokugoingsupersaiyan3:

wrowa

Normal enemies will obviously respawn (it'd be pretty boring otherwise), but the more interesting question is whether mini bosses like the rock monster will stay defeated or if they'll also respawn.

Enemies respawning makes sense. But it would have been cool if the environment was persistent.

There was that one scene in the demo, where you had to cut down a tree in order to cross a gorge.

Imagine how fun it'd be if you hit all of the nearby trees in the wrong angle and are now unable to get to the other side. :p

TheMoon

I can't wait for september personally. They're totally gonna showcase this to show the NX. Imagine going like "this is the Zelda u remember... this is how it look on your NX portable screen, and THIS, is to go even further beyond on your TV!" :gokugoingsupersaiyan3:

Don't go crazy with expecting facemelting graphics improvements. That road doesn't lead anywhere good.

Top Bottom