• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Launch Trailer

TitusTroy

if performance on a GTX 770 is close to 60fps then this doesn't seem like a graphics showcase at all...can we expect the DX12 version to look that much better?

Dalibor68

Banned
Your wrong. Game informer did a podcast with the director (I believe that was his title?) and he specially said they brought him back because it's insanely hard to create an iconic character that can lift an IP and they knew they needed to leverage it instead of start from scratch. Adams story in HR was a full complete story, they weren't thinking about the next one when making it. Apparently there were several key staff members that were admintly against brining him back but eventually came around as they got further into development.

You can listen to the podcast here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podca...-edition-podcast-deus-ex-mankind-divided.aspx

27:45 is where they talk about it.

Thanks for that info. Really weird.

nOoblet16

if performance on a GTX 770 is close to 60fps then this doesn't seem like a graphics showcase at all...can we expect the DX12 version to look that much better?
Computational requirement is not necessarily always a good metric to determine how advanced a game is...look at what UC4 achieves on a puny hardware.

Beside that guy was playing on medium.
He got about 40FPS on ultra settings (but no MSAA) with dips, which no doubt would have been worse in dense areas like the other cyberpunk hub. It was never aiming to be the most advanced game but it's safe to say that it's going to be fairly advanced visually, somewhere in the lower top tier like Hitman. Also DX12 doesn't necessarily bring out better visuals, there's not much (if any) you can do with DX12 that you can't already with DX11. What it does provide is better performance.

This is one of the few games released in recent years to support MSAA (the other I can remember is Rainbow Six Siege), so that can be a fairly demanding setting.

Famassu

I have 40€ worth of 5€ discount thingies for one store chain in Finland. I was going to buy Uncharted 4, but then I got it for 1€ elsewhere (it was on sale for 43€ and I had 42€ credit there). Then I thought about buying No Man's Sky, but that turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, so I'll wait until they patch it & update it with new content, gameplay features & such before reconsidering. So I might just save them and use them for this, if the stores get copies in time (one 5€ slip will expire at the end of August).

Top Bottom