• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanphare

Banned
I highly doubt Sonys is going to be dumb enough to have a Slim, VR, and the NEO trying to grab shelfspace and customers along with the original PS4.

You also have to realize that if this was in production that model number would be viewable in Sony's public filings.

this slim model, if real, is likely replacing the vanilla ps4. so that can be omitted from your equation. and then it all makes sense. you'd have a base model and a premium model. vr is its own thing.

After the NX controller fuckery I'm going with team fake until proven real, but I absolutely expect there's a slim getting revealed alongside the Neo, and wouldn't be surprised by that design for it

The slim would replace the original PS4 tho.

I don't think you know how this works. There's tons of PS4 stock out right now, it's going to be awhile before those stock is gone if the Slim comes out this year.'

Unless the PS4 does $199 for the regular model, they aren't going to be flying the way you're implying.

You are going to have a $350, $399, $399+ PS4? Along with VR which is what? $199 I think the rumors were?

Kyoufu

100% agree. Sony and MS situations are not comparable here. Scorpio doesn't come until late 2017, they needed to make an attractive proposition with the S.

In Sony's case, they only need to make the cheapest model possible, and of course it's going to be 500 Go again. All the spotlight will be on the NEO and that's the one who we need all the extra features and all the uncompressed pixels as soon as this fall.

It'd be silly to not have your best selling PS4 SKU not support a standard you're pushing with your TV and media business. The Neo is an enthusiast product and will be outsold by the base model by a large margin.

THE:MILKMAN

This could go either way after the original PS3 slim but I do find one picture odd in that it looks like it was taken on the counter of a one of those local 7-11 stores.

Maybe this guy works at one of them!

Nibel

I think it's real

If you create a fake, you want attention; why fake a PS4 revision with such a skillset when you could create a PS4 Neo hoax, you know, the actual interesting hardware that is coming

Also, a console revision after 3 years isn't anything too crazy

So yeah, I think it's real and stolen

this slim model, if real, is likely replacing the vanilla ps4. so that can be omitted from your equation. and then it all makes sense. you'd have a base model and a premium model. vr is its own thing.

It can't be omitted, you have to clear stock to "replace" the regular PS4, and until that happens, which won't be soon due to recent shipments, it's still in the equation.

Teletraan1

Banned
Comes with a 500GB memory card IF this is real.

Perhaps the drive slides in the 3 other sides (side, back, bottom) we cant see from a box shot. 2.5" hard drives are not some huge thing. The OG PS4 had a lot of wasted space surrounding the drive. A more efficient design is not out of the question.

I also do not get the "UGLY" comments. It is a black box that share the same basic aesthetic as the OG PS4. I personally think it looks better.

Also not getting the "500Gb drive in 2016" sentiment either. This is a budget console. You don't put huge hard drives stock in budget consoles. Same with UHD and a bunch of other shit. Just because the XB1 S has UHD doesn't mean Sony has to follow lockstep with them with their budget model, that will be a feature of the Neo model. Where I live the S is way more expensive than the OG XB1 with the same size hard drive so it doesn't seem like a budget model, more like another slightly premium model.

Kuni

Very interesting. The seller is way undercharging for this.

However it's likely stolen. I imagine it'll be banned as soon as it's hooked up and the police will be looking for the culprit.

I think it looks pretty decent for a slim really, just a mini version of the PS4.

Look. You aren't going to get jacked over a PS4. Not because there isnt gun crime or criminals willing to jack some over these kind of things but simply nobody is going to these elaborate lengths to lick a raise.

They would just advertise a regular PS4 cheap on gumtree.

Nobody is spending hours in Photoshop over this.

I agree.. 2 manchester people please gather and buy this thing. I'm willing to chip in 5€ by paypal. Who's with me?

All they need is to make this $249 at 500G to make it a powerful offering against the one s

Explain One S and scropio then

Edit: oh wait you are talking about shelf space, excuse me but yeah it does seem a bit flooded at the moment. The PS4 OG might undergo a fire sale of that's the case

They are not going to price the slim at $250.

Also, yes, shelf space. it's going to be flooded for awhile the PS4 regular has had recent shipments. Those 4 would be taking space for awhile.

HardRojo

I'd say it's fake because it looks ugly, but I also thought the PS3 Slim was ugly when it was first leaked, until I got mine in 2010 and changed my mind to considering it the best-looking version of the PS3.

Guy text back and said someone's buying it... said he's getting more tomorrow.

Meh, sounding fake again. The only way that's true is if this really is an "available now" sort of thing and this person has a line on the warehouse where they're being kept. I'm not convinced.

Xenoflare

I don't think you know how this works. There's tons of PS4 stock out right now, it's going to be awhile before those stock is gone if the Slim comes out this year.'

Unless the PS4 does $199 for the regular model, they aren't going to be flying the way you're implying.

You are going to have a $350, $399, $399+ PS4? Along with VR which is what? $199 I think the rumors were?

I thought the production of OG PS4 has been thinning out since E3? again fire sale would work wonders for those OG. At least in Canada the it's quite stale due to unfavourable exchange rates

It's actually the left and right sides of the front. On the left side of the photo the front is like the current PS4 but on the right its rounded. This is so fake

Seems to me that they are equally rounded, obviously the perspective make the corner that face the spectator seems more obtuse

DonMigs85

It looks a flatter, less wide version of the current PS4 without the detachable side panel. Not really hideous IMO.

Elios83

Sorry but what do you know exactly about the current PS4 stock levels worldwide?
Do you think that Sony doesn't know how to launch a slim model and get rid of stocked units during the previous months?
There will be an official price cut. And retailers will firesale the old units at their will if necessary on top of that.
I don't see the problem. PS4 Slim will replace the current one. Neo will be a new premium model.
PSVR is a totally different product, it's like Kinect or Move and it will be a really niche thing.

$_86.JPG

What's going on in the top right corner of the box? Is that back just taped onto a different colored box? In another picture that corner looks different?

Perhaps the drive slides in the 3 other sides (side, back, bottom) we cant see from a box shot. 2.5" hard drives are not some huge thing. The OG PS4 had a lot of wasted space surrounding the drive. A more efficient design is not out of the question.

I also do not get the "UGLY" comments. It is a black box that share the same basic aesthetic as the OG PS4. I personally think it looks better.

Also not getting the "500Gb drive in 2016" sentiment either. This is a budget console. You don't put huge hard drives stock in budget consoles. Same with UHD and a bunch of other shit. Just because the XB1 S has UHD doesn't mean Sony has to follow lockstep with them with their budget model, that will be a feature of the Neo model. Where I live the S is way more expensive than the OG XB1 with the same size hard drive so it doesn't seem like a budget model, more like another slightly premium model.

Uh where you live most likely you only got the 2tb model. The 500 GB model will likely be around the same price as the current reg X1.

Also the reason why people question $500 GB is because HDD's are cheap as crap, and it's probably only bested in cheapness by RAM.

This is Manchester bruv. Trust me. The type of person that would hatch that kind of scheme isn't someone who would do it over a PS4 slim.

And besides all 3 of those links prove my point. Nobody is faking a slim revision to find a victim to rob. They would just advertise a PS4 at a dirt cheap price (£50-75) and rob the gullible.

shandy706

So Sony went through the entire manufacturing process, boxed them, and have them ready for retail without a single hint...

sarcasticyeahoksure.gif

dh4niel

I hope it is fake. Not just because it looks bad but because it doesn't need to exist. The original PS4 isn't that much bigger than the Xbox One S.

What's going on in the top right corner of the box? Is that back just taped onto a different colored box? In another picture that corner looks different?
It's slightly opened.

I hope it is fake. Not just because it looks bad but because it doesn't need to exist. The original PS4 isn't that much bigger than the Xbox One S.
It's existence would be because it's cheaper to manufacture.

Trace

Banned
Sony really fell off with the looks of their products. The XB1s looks generations better.

Well PS4 looked miles better than the original Xbox One, and Vita is the best looking handheld ever made. PSVR looks fantastic too.

I don't believe that the people who made those would come out with something that looks this bad, so #TeamFake for the moment.

Daffy Duck

So looking at the pics this is an owner/someone working at a newsagent selling this.

They also deal in iPads/phones too.

prateeko

Well made fake or curious design choices if real.

I don't have a sense of how big the box is but if this thing is slimmer and smaller shouldn't the packaging also be smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom