• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

tearsofash

What are some great hospitals? I know I'll apply at UW Hospital and Seattle children's(im a RN)

Harborview and Swedish Medical are pretty cool too.

Also! Century Link or Xfinity? It doesn't seem like our building supports and gigabit options. Any other isp's to consider. We already have a modem and router.

I keep seeing advertisements for Wave. It's gigabit. Century Link is pretty good, has some really good initial deals. I would avoid Comcast as much as I can because they are just a bad company.

Speely

Banned
Finally getting some (tiny bit) of rain! Sprinkling over here in West Seattle.

Speaking of which: Just moved over here from Georgetown, and as much as I miss my old neighborhood (which I still work in) it's cool to get to know another as a local.

What are some great hospitals? I know I'll apply at UW Hospital and Seattle children's(im a RN)

My wife is an Oncology RN at UW, so if you have questions about working there or SCCA/the Hutch in general in oncology, feel free to PM me and I'll play messenger or whatever.

I've been living in West Seattle for the last month (near a park which is quite peaceful!) with a friend and I don't want to leave. Sadly though my time is drawing to a close with only a week and a half left. I'll miss seeing all the trees of home.

At least I got to finally catch a Seahawks game last week!

I want to go into Seattle this week since I've been avoiding the city proper (always did when I still lived here) and wondered when is the best time of week is for parking and PPM? I've been avoiding the weekends for obvious reasons. Trying to avoid rush hour type scenarios and such.

Thoughts?

tearsofash

I've been living in West Seattle for the last month (near a park which is quite peaceful!) with a friend and I don't want to leave. Sadly though my time is drawing to a close with only a week and a half left. I'll miss seeing all the trees of home.

At least I got to finally catch a Seahawks game last week!

I want to go into Seattle this week since I've been avoiding the city proper (always did when I still lived here) and wondered when is the best time of week is for parking and PPM? I've been avoiding the weekends for obvious reasons. Trying to avoid rush hour type scenarios and such.

Thoughts?

Parking? I would just take the bus. Honestly. Much easier.

As much as I'd like to, I carry with me a cooler because since I'm exploring cheese while I'm here, I tend to buy some. That requires refrigeration or at least cool holding.

jb1234

As much as I'd like to, I carry with me a cooler because since I'm exploring cheese while I'm here, I tend to buy some. That requires refrigeration or at least cool holding.

Unfortunately, there are no good times to find parking in downtown Seattle. Parking garages are an option but they're pretty expensive (unless you park after 5 PM, which is certainly an option).

dLMN8R

If you head to the city early enough on a Sunday (by 9AM for example), you might be able to get lucky and find parking. And on Sunday, parking is free.

Sunday is no go too, I go to church with a friend.

I don't mind paying for parking, I just wondered if there was a lull of traffic before certain times of the day. I know it's probably wise to get in there before noon, but what's the latest I can reasonably expect to be able to ditch out quickly on a weekday do you guys think?

(and thanks for the comments so far!!!)

riotous

Banned
Keep in mind PAX is this weekend; Friday to Monday.

Parking will not be easy to find near the convention center, and will be generally worse than normal everywhere downtown as people adjust away from there.

Comcast has been real bad for me too in the last month in terms of regular service disruptions. They keep trying to pin the blame on my router but my network connection is stable and I lose landline phone service too. A couple weeks ago when it got particularly bad they actually intercepted my call to customer service with an automated message saying it was a network infrastructure issue and that it would be fixed in 8 hours, then automatically hung up on me. Keeps happening though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Comcast has been real bad for me too in the last month in terms of regular service disruptions. They keep trying to pin the blame on my router but my network connection is stable and I lose landline phone service too. A couple weeks ago when it got particularly bad they actually intercepted my call to customer service with an automated message saying it was a network infrastructure issue and that it would be fixed in 8 hours, then automatically hung up on me. Keeps happening though.

Me too. They're fucking liars.

Stinkles

Will you be at PAX?

Will you sign my copy of Halo CE if I buy you a really hoppy IPA?

I would do anything for love but I won't do that.

However we should probably do an awkward GAF Seattle meet up on holy ground so the kurgan can't attack us. Maybe Latona pub.

I would do anything for love but I won't do that.

However we should probably do an awkward GAF Seattle meet up on holy ground so the kurgan can't attack us. Maybe Latona pub.

I don't give a shit about Halo, but we should drink copious hoppy amounts of beer. And I love Latona Pub, it and Toronado are my home away from home.

We've had issues in the past. Called Comcast over and over and they always said it was something with our house or modem. Eventually saw a crew working down the street late at night and called them back and chewed them out.

Yeah fuckers at Comcast told me the same thing, my house was the issue. B.S.

I recently kicked them out and got Frontier fiber optic, faster, more reliable, and cheaper!
The kicker was that my house has wired for fiber optic for years but Comcast shut any other high speed providers out. It was only recently that Frontier was able to use the old Verizon fiber optic infrastructure. It is worth calling them to see if fiber is now an option for your area. I am in Kirkland by the way.

tearsofash

http://www.psks.org/ is very trans friendly. I can't find what their age range is.

If you identify as a woman, there is Hammond House http://www.compasshousingalliance.org/what-we-do-top/emergency-shelter/hammond-house/ It says access is by referral only but you actually can call yourself.

That's almost exactly Lambert Houses' mission statement: http://www.lamberthouse.org/
Hope this helps.

Thanks for info. However, most of those are age restricted. :(

Maybe I'll just stick to my current plan of getting hospitalized and staying at DESC crisis, at least they pay for my bus fair to appointments!

I'm on crutches, and I leave town Sunday, but if you guys are doing a meet up, I'll try to make it, since I promised I'd go to the next one.

EDIT: I'm not sure I like your current plan, ash.

riotous

Banned
I'll be at PAX but not sure of a meet up. Got friends in town, house full of people. On second thought might be nice to get away lol.

Trouble

Banned
What the fuck was that this morning? Had my raincoat on, but my jeans were soaked through just walking the block and half to the bus stop this morning.

Stinkles

What the fuck was that this morning? Had my raincoat on, but my jeans were soaked through just walking the block and half to the bus stop this morning.

Pure bullshit.

My house flooded on Sunday. It was bad, but not really bad. the water damage guys came out, fixed a lot of it. Then when they came to haul away a ruined vanity, they ripped off a valve and flooded the house again, but properly this time. Much of my stuff is TRASHED.

The house is now 110 degrees as they dehumidify the damage and flooding they caused, so I had to sit outside this morning waiting for their dude to come over to inspect. And it started raining hard.

Damned if I did and damned if I didn't.

Pure bullshit.

My house flooded on Sunday. It was bad, but not really bad. the water damage guys came out, fixed a lot of it. Then when they came to haul away a ruined vanity, they ripped off a valve and flooded the house again, but properly this time. Much of my stuff is TRASHED.

The house is now 110 degrees as they dehumidify the damage and flooding they caused, so I had to sit outside this morning waiting for their dude to come over to inspect. And it started raining hard.

I truly feel your pain.

Our basement flooded a couple years ago now. We had Sound Transit doing a bunch of work on our street in preparation for the Roosevelt Light Rail Station. They had all the drains covered and they had blocked them full of shit, so when this heavy rain came it all rushed down the street, down our driveway and into our basement.

We did a bunch of records requests, got all the emails between WSDOT, ST and the contractor. Took tons of photos and videos of WSDOT pumping after the flooding took place. Two years later they finally paid us for all the work I did to redo it.

Trouble

Banned
Pure bullshit.

Damn that sucks.

Pure bullshit.

Fuck that shit! Sorry to hear this. Last year, we had serious water damage to the wall by our front door, so for like month, we had one of those industrial dehumidifiers running constantly. I work from home, so the heat and noise was driving me insane.

Hopefully they will be able to fix things so your house will not flood again. Was it a problem with drainage?

Stinkles

Fuck that shit! Sorry to hear this. Last year, we had serious water damage to the wall by our front door, so for like month, we had one of those industrial dehumidifiers running constantly. I work from home, so the heat and noise was driving me insane.

Hopefully they will be able to fix things so your house will not flood again. Was it a problem with drainage?

No a braided steel hose under the vanity just randomly failed. But then the water remediation guys just said yolo and flooded the whole house.

Top Bottom