• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSah

Banned
Willing to bet if that fight stick was not leaked, there'd be no Tekken 7 rumour.

Unless there already was one I'm not aware of.

Jonnax

Preorderers of the PS4 or Xbox One from Amazon.
Did you need prime or have to pay extra for postage to get it on release day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5eRn1-Uaac

OBE1 "leaked" Metroid. Says he knows what studio is making it but not saying.

I think its Platinum Games or Armature Studio.

I know there's a studio (not Retro) that has been working on a Metroid game for a long time. Game went into development hell but now seems to be fine.

Don't know if will release for 3DS or Switch, though. As I said, it's been a loooong time.

That said, can't really backup my statements without putting in jeopardy my sources.

I don't know either if is the same game/studio OBE1 is talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5eRn1-Uaac

OBE1 "leaked" Metroid. Says he knows what studio is making it but not saying.

I think its Platinum Games or Armature Studio.

Not saying he's telling the truth or lying but isn't this like THE easiest way to pass off a rumor?

- Hear Metroid is is development
- Say you've heard of the developer, "not who you expected"
- Literally anyone could be announced and you can claim you're right

Even if it's Retro he can still get away with it by saying something like "Yeah I didn't expect it would be them I thought they were working on something else"

Scum

The Mysterious Murasame Castle by PlatinumGames, please.

Metroid by PlatinumGames with some ideas from Vanquish... I would love that.

hFVXdIq.gif

//ARCANUM

https://twitter.com/poru_kun/status/819304341949419524

Rumors are floating around that #Tekken7 will showcase at the upcoming #NintendoSwitch stream at 8:00 PM PT.

AS if the fight stick didnt already arouse suspicion

I think Tekken 7 is such a real possibility that it inspired me to write a whole article about potential Switch fighting games: https://www.floko.tv/article/50492-top-5-fighting-games-for-nintendo-switch

Seeing that HORI arcade stick get leaked has me super hype for the possibilities of fighting games that will see a Switch release. Being able to pop the kickstand on the switch pretty much anywhere and get in some casual matches sounds like a godsend.

tr1p1ex

You know, I played Metroid Prime 3 and thought it was pretty fun. I got the trilogy, and it all felt samey, and I ended up not completing it. Now, I totally see the quality in the game design and I completely understand why people see them as GOTY material, but I just didn't have enough enthusiasm to last through three games.

Yep not never finished MP3. MP1 was one of those revolutionary type games. After that it was just more of the same.

Atheerios

Anyone knows something about patents?

Someone on 4chan saying "He working the set up for the event in europe"

Naming a game fron Frozenbyte called Has been Heroes.

and there is a patent of it, which also have this

"Video game cartridges; Video game cartridges and cassettes; Video game cartridges and discs; Video game discs; Video game software; Video game tape cassettes; Video and computer game programs; Virtual reality game software; Virtual reality software for playing computer games and video games for computers and video game machines"

Links:

https://trademarks.justia.com/870/74/has-been-87074913.html
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/363582251#p363590243

Oh.

AAMARMO

Banned
I know there's a studio (not Retro) that has been working on a Metroid game for a long time. Game went into development hell but now seems to be fine.

Don't know if will release for 3DS or Switch, though. As I said, it's been a loooong time.

That said, can't really backup my statements without putting in jeopardy my sources.

I don't know either if is the same game/studio OBE1 is talking about.

Is it Mercury Steam?

Preorderers of the PS4 or Xbox One from Amazon.
Did you need prime or have to pay extra for postage to get it on release day?

For same day release yes you have to be a prime member..otherwise you can get free shipping but you have to wait a few days(3-5 days) to receive the item..what you can always do is do an online chat with amazon I have done that in the past and they upgraded my shipping for free out of courtesy

shtolky

So pretty much go to Gamestop on Friday the moment they open and preorder it.

Yea this pretty much confirms stores will take preorders the moment they open. Was planning on going to the Nintendo Store but I feel like it's going to be a madhouse. The GameStop near where I work seems like a good idea, I doubt it gets slammed at 10am.

JonnyKong

I'm surprised so many of you are ignoring that leak above, it sounds like it (might) be genuine? I can't really tell, but those are some pretty bizarre game ideas to just suddenly think of.

I kinda hope they're not true, Skylanders Imaginators really?

They wont but yall can cry the 250$ price has fucked it up again tho

we're talking about the company that ended an e3 conference with nintendoland fireworks and released fuckin' federation force in light of a huge metroid IP drought. their recent track record certainly has some blemishes

nintendo is my favorite gaming company, i'll buy whatever they put out, and everything we've seen of the switch and its marketing indicates that they may have actually learned from their mistakes with the U. but that doesn't mean i can't see them doing something to mess it up

e: i think $250 is a great price

//ARCANUM

Yea this pretty much confirms stores will take preorders the moment they open. Was planning on going to the Nintendo Store but I feel like it's going to be a madhouse. The GameStop near where I work seems like a good idea, I doubt it gets slammed at 10am.

the real question for me is when online pre-order will start. Thursday night? or Friday morning? Will we get any sort of set time? Or will we be F5ing all night?

Scrawnton

I'm happy I'm off work and my Gamestop is in a relatively rural area. Also it's right next door to a starbucks so if I have to wait outside during winter atleast I'll have coffee.

Kaiken

Banned
Didn't care for the Wii or Wii U. I'm was not impressed with the Switch... Why are you guys hyping me up about the Switch?

Thankfully people have School and Work on Friday morning and the Best Buy I'm going to isn't near any big schools so I'm feeling okay about my chances. Still gonna show up at 9am just to be safe though.

NateDrake

Not saying he's telling the truth or lying but isn't this like THE easiest way to pass off a rumor?

- Hear Metroid is is development
- Say you've heard of the developer, "not who you expected"
- Literally anyone could be announced and you can claim you're right

Even if it's Retro he can still get away with it by saying something like "Yeah I didn't expect it would be them I thought they were working on something else"

The developer isn't a big deal. Don't focus on it all that much.

AdanVC

Didn't care for the Wii or Wii U. I'm was not impressed with the Switch... Why are you guys hyping me up about the Switch?

Because the Switch has nothing to do with Wii and Wii U anymore and it's something completely independent from those two :D I'm honestly very hyped for that reason. It's like a fresh new start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom