• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New King of Fighters 14 DLC Costumes, Characters, Stages starting 2/23, more in March

Mieu

121BFF1E4A0135E7E91AE9

Oh this one! Sorry, it looks somewhat identical to the racing track in 2001.

I'm mixing up stages. Haha! Sorry guys!

I mostly remember trucks associated with either AoF or FF. Then there's a train stage in Garou. So. Lol

So glad they are free.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good work SNK!

There are 4 characters, not 3, in the last image, i hope the one on the right is yamazaki(left is probablt mary and in the center vanessa + ???) but he looks too... young? I know it's crazy saying that just by a silouette but that's my impression.

Put also Shingo and Krizalid and it will be the best kof ever!

shaowebb

Saw this on facebook.

ArmoXyE.jpg

BOOM. Looks pretty legit a guess to me. I for one hope its real. We needs Whip back. A Blue Mary is fine too, but damn do we need Whip. Take that MIAN and BIRD!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Saw this on facebook.

ArmoXyE.jpg

BOOM. Looks pretty legit a guess to me. I for one hope its real. We needs Whip back. A Blue Mary is fine too, but damn do we need Whip. Take that MIAN and BIRD!

Hilariously enough, my friends and I were speculating about those silhouette which prompted me to do the trace job. We came down with exactly same thing as that colored trace did, which are Whip, Vanessa, Rock Howard and Yama. We couldn't figure out who's fifth because it was well hidden.

BadWolf

Saw this on facebook.

Rock makes very little sense to include with Shun'ei in the game.

qcf x2

Rock makes very little sense to include with Shun'ei in the game.

Same goes for Vanessa. Honestly if any of Vanessa/Mary/Whip are in I'm gonna be thrilled. Whip is my fav, but I give her the lowest odds because I imagine she'd be kinda difficult to create in 3D.

Glad to see all of this is coming soon, I hope the game gets a PC and Xbox release eventually (the former so I can double dip, the latter because it wouldn't have much competition on that platform.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Going back to SFV for the first time in.. AGES, it sucks that so much of it is walled off behind in-game credits. AND LOCAL VS STILL DOESN"T UNLOCK STUFF / EARN CREDITS. So I can't even play for a pair or hours with friends locally, and get anything new. ARGH. Same with Battle Lounge, though at least there you make challenge progress.

So it's so, so nice to see KoF have stuff that's just... accessible. People could come right back to the game, and start partying with the new stuff. The lapsed players won't have to plug away for hours at old content to get a taste of the new under their own control. I can't even play local on a new stage in SFV without spending character-appropriate Zeny on one... argh.

ANYWAY, so the race stage is more 97, less 2001. Thought I saw a more appropriate version, haha.

kof97-stage-monaco.gif

I really look forward to seeing how well integrated DLC characters are into this game. We have VERY few special intros in game so far, hope they come with a few more. But we have loads of special dialogue post-match... that's a pretty penny of voicework for sure. Will these characters slot into the game's narrative, or just act like non-sequitur additions?

Hadoukie

Why?

Nelson plays nothing like her.

Exactly. People need to stop saying they're the same. By that logic, Nelson would be redundant, since his playstyle is more like Angel, who's already in the game and a much better character, according to the tier lists

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Considering that Shun'Ei doesn't exactly seem to be as front-and-center as SNK might have hoped, I could see them including Rock to challenge / liven up his position. Shun'Ei didn't set the world on Fire with his Rock-Tributes, so maybe he'd get his chance to shine once he can compliment the full idea, rather than replace him.

I'd rather have Mary than Rock, but I refuse to be mad at anyone that takes a spot over someone I'd want instead, ha. Everyone's SOMEONE'S fav... congrats to whomever gets who they want!

If that's really Yamazaki, Luong doesn't invalidate him, either. Same with Nelson and Nessa. And it's not like old characters won't get new-to-this-game tricks. Nelson isn't much for MAX mode, Vanessa could excel in it, as an example.

I'm almost looking forward to the Seiyuu work as much as the characters themselves. Not many characters share voices in this game, so would those who share one (like Mary) get replaced with new talent?

Saw this on facebook.

ArmoXyE.jpg

I just don't see how the sitting pose really matches with Whip's personality and style. From the drawing I'm getting a Gato vibe now. Either way it seems that silhouette is the kind that likes to focus on meditation so Kasumi made a lot of sense to me (even if her outfit didn't quite match the silouhette)

Raitaro

To see SNK release FREE stages as DLC when their competitor Capcom is asking FM or actual money for all new content is downright amazing.

I love that they're doing a (remake of a Terry) train stage as well by the way - those rank among my absolute favorites in fighting games.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Rock in KOF would be crazy.

Yamazaki seems to be the most obvious of all, i do want my Gai and Adel tho. :)

stn

I'd love Rock, Yamazaki, and Heavy 'D. Rick Strowd would also be great. Looking forward to the announcement.

The two stages will be free.

Costumes cost 2.99 USD.

This is the first time we are getting character DLC so no idea what those will cost yet. Though for reference they cost $5 in KOFXIII.

The costs this time might be smaller since it's quicker to do 3d models than 2d animation. But they may also be higher due to the high amount of characters in the game. As long as it isn't Aksys bullshit where they charge 8 dollars per character. 5 is eh, 3-4 would be a sweet spot if possible to get adoption.

BadWolf

Hmmm... on twitter SNK is tweeting about the new costumes and stages and is saying Coming Soon next to all of them.

So far when they have said Coming Soon they have really meant it, maybe all the post-Iori costumes and stages will be hitting in March? Who knows, we might even get the first DLC character as well.

Top Bottom