• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 high-res PC screenshots! (READ RULES)

forrest

formerly nacire
Thunderbear said:
Anyway, Darksiders look great, always loved the art. But where's the IQ? All the alphas are jagged and so are the geometry edges.

I've been trying to figure out a way to force AA, but no luck. There are no advanced options aside from vertical sync and resolution.

Smash88

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
F1 2010. Max settings, 2048x1152, a lovely 45-60fps. :D

I'm loving the wet, it gives you an idea of just how blind and dangerous it must be for real F1 drivers.

http://www.abload.de/img/f1_2010_game2010-09-25dtcg.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/f1_2010_game2010-09-25qq2g.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

What are your specs? Because at 1920x1080 maxed out x4aa my fps is barely 30 with a Q6600 @ 3.2ghz and GTX470 OCed (although it only uses 40-50% of my GPU for some reason)

Unless you have an SLI setup or a 5970. :D

Although yes this game looks beautiful.

EDIT: Hmmm seems like it could be the replay file which is causing problems. I'm starting to hate this games terrible optimizations. -_-

jediyoshi

Janken said:
I'm running the game in Windows 7. It works just fine as long as you install the 1.3 patch and run it as administrator and in Windows XP/Windows 2000 compatibility mode (both launcher and game).

Yay for nolf! It always struck me odd that the show Archer went with an 80s spy vibe when nolf did the same thing with a main character that had the same last name. Also, the game works fine for me in win7 x64 without changing compat mode for some reason.

rallyart

Neo Member
The game is not using 100% of the gpu, I dont know why, but thats the complains I've been reading on codemasters forum.

I´m getting around 34-40 fps not matter what setting I try or solution (the replay thing)

i7 920@ 3.8 ghz
xfx gtx 275 heavy oc
6 gb ram

Anyway, the game is amazing.

I have a 5850, 955BE and 4gb RAM.

It dips sometimes to the 30-35 mark, but when I glance down it's usually above 45. I haven't done anything with replay files so I'm not sure what issues you might be having. You both have Nvidia cards so maybe that?

forrest

formerly nacire
Darksiders - 1920 x 1080
BMP Capture - Fraps
High Quality Jpeg Conversion - Photoshop via Save for Web

jailer1ubfq.jpg

jailer3oymp.jpg

JADS

Stallion Free said:
NyxQuest

/http://www.abload.de/img/nyxquest2010-09-2800-5ctwa.jpg

/http://www.abload.de/img/nyxquest2010-09-2801-0xog8.jpg

Seems that they did some subtle changes

Wii version through the Dolphin Emulator
NQuest_3.jpg

PC version
NyxQuest_2010-09-28_10-33-52-27.jpg

markao

Normally you try to get at least as possible of the in-game menus on your shots, but in CIV 5 they just add to the art style of the game!

All in game max, DX11, 8MSAA, 1900-1200.

civilizationv_dx112010ogic.png

civilizationv_dx112010egsm.png

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
nacire said:
I've been trying to figure out a way to force AA, but no luck. There are no advanced options aside from vertical sync and resolution.

What a shame, the game would look stunning with added IQ. What about Super Sampling? I know it's expensive fps wise but doesn't that work?

That and a small amount of motion blur would do that game wonders IMO. Still think it was a fun, good looking game with nice design though!

forrest

formerly nacire
Thunderbear said:
What a shame, the game would look stunning with added IQ. What about Super Sampling? I know it's expensive fps wise but doesn't that work?

That and a small amount of motion blur would do that game wonders IMO. Still think it was a fun, good looking game with nice design though!

Yeah it really is a shame as the artwork in this game is just soo nice! Definitely one of my favorite art directions ever in terms of stylized design! I haven't been able to get anything to work. I've tried some workarounds to force AA, but just keep getting corrupted graphics. I think I'll just let someone else figure it out! :D

In the meantime, more screens!

darksiderspc-2010-09-20np5.jpg

darksiderspc-2010-09-2e6gy.jpg

Piggus

Does anyone know how to enable transparency AA in Crysis? I've heard it only works in Warhead, but I always see Crysis screens that look like TAA was enabled. All I really want to do is make the foliage look better.

Top Bottom