• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Sorian

Banned
fran, what is your opinion on the Darryl boat anyway? That seemed like a desperate question when kitsune is still a likelier lynch than them both.

Sorian

Banned
Oh right, he shades Worm the entire time. I'm going to stick with my dual read for right now since Muffin being scum only matches up with a Kitsune/Ouro partnership and that would actually be running into the issue that FEP was trying to push.

That said, it just pushes more 2 vote ties which just makes kitsune/FEP a haven for sheep if they happen to actually be town (and a haven for bussing anyway if not).

Sorry, busy today and I won't be around for day end.

Vote: Kitsunelaine

Also, my point.

Dr. Worm

Banned
How does this read list even work? So I/Worm, Ouro/Kitty and Kitsune/FEP are just bussing ourselves? There is no logic in that scum list.
That's because the list is oriented around Muffin trying to justify himself as town as opposed to being a list intended to scumhunt.

franconp

fran, what is your opinion on the Darryl boat anyway? That seemed like a desperate question when kitsune is still a likelier lynch than them both.

I would say null. I'm feeling a little good about Darryl. I remember him more aggresive but still seems ok. Nin had said almost nothing so far. He is coasting really hard. But I always lean to scum with Nin do it isn't much of a read. Darryl's play kinda compensate Nin read.

Also I asked him that because I wanted to know more about why he moved his vote. Not much else.

Natiko

Banned
On mobile so I didn't feel like trimming kitty's post but thanks for the answers.
everyone: you should try to read

me: does a read

everyone: your read isn't aggressive enough and too wishy washy

me: makes an aggressive read

everyone: your read is too aggressive

what in the name of the flying green octopus is it you want then?
For you to play in a consistent manner? Everyone plays differently but, again, you seem very concerned with tying to 'play the part' and keep up appearances. Inconsistent play usually stinks of scum trying to feign effort where they have none.

Also for the one that asked, my read on dragonz hasn't changed at all.
Who is your top scum read out of fran and WAMD?

Sorian

Banned
Fair warning now, I finished my 12 hour shift and I'm going to try to suffer through to day end because if I go to sleep now then I'm sleeping right through it. But if I randomly disappear then that means I dozed off and I'm sorry.

Ty4on

Slightly hypocritical but standard play is find one scum and work from there, not try to blow out the whole team at once.

Oh right, he shades Worm the entire time. I'm going to stick with my dual read for right now since Muffin being scum only matches up with a Kitsune/Ouro partnership and that would actually be running into the issue that FEP was trying to push.

That said, it just pushes more 2 vote ties which just makes kitsune/FEP a haven for sheep if they happen to actually be town (and a haven for bussing anyway if not).
If you hadn't mentioned the hypocritical bit it would've been a lot better ._.

I kinda agree tho, but looking at teams can be a decent way of finding scum. Townies are sometimes saved from a lynch because they don't fit into any team. It's more not falling into the trap of scumreading a bunch of townies because they fit into hypothetical scumteams. Getting stuck tunneling on a townie and trying to find their scummates is rarely a good thing.

Ouro/kitsune tho isn't it a bit too obvious or am I making too much of the Fran pressure.

Sorian

Banned
If you hadn't mentioned the hypocritical bit it would've been a lot better ._.

I kinda agree tho, but looking at teams can be a decent way of finding scum. Townies are sometimes saved from a lynch because they don't fit into any team. It's more not falling into the trap of scumreading a bunch of townies because they fit into hypothetical scumteams. Getting stuck tunneling on a townie and trying to find their scummates is rarely a good thing.

Ouro/kitsune tho isn't it a bit too obvious or am I making too much of the Fran pressure.

It's like when you're told that you have to understand the rules before you can break them.

Your last sentence is reading like a jumble to me. I don't get what you mean?

Ty4on

It's like when you're told that you have to understand the rules before you can break them.

Your last sentence is reading like a jumble to me. I don't get what you mean?
Sorry.

A scumteam with Ouro and kitsune sticks out as too obvious to me. I guess Ouro has attacked Fran before, but it doesn't seem smart to vote for him just as kitsune is getting more pressured.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry.

A scumteam with Ouro and kitsune sticks out as too obvious to me. I guess Ouro has attacked Fran before, but it doesn't seem smart to vote for him just as kitsune is getting more pressured.

In a normal GAF game, that wouldn't really read as super obvious. People tend to be more liberal with their votes after the freshness of day 1 goes away so usually more people would have chosen sides in there. It comes off as awkward play because there isn't nearly enough discussion and input coming in.

Burbeting

Banned
Also, Burb will you be able to do votecounts near the deadline today?

I'm at work and on mobile so I don't know if I will be able to check the game much.

I have pair game script now, so votecounts should be done. It will take few minutes longer than usual vote counts, but they should be there.

I can't imagine positioning on the vote matters. Both entered that vote as naturally as can be. Kitsune was the one going to a head against fran so her vote has logic and Ouro voted at a point where people were choosing sides so again, natural. The failing is that no one else got baited to fran (or at least cared enough to vote for it).

You seem oddly flustered when I voted off your partner.
Posting this before catching up but what the fuck.

Both opened their votes naturally but both are scum... despite having natural votes... because scum vote naturally..

They don't. I literally have vote tracking spreadsheets for days, for years of this community. Scum don't place their votes naturally. They don't. There better be something great in my catch-up or else this vote is changing.

Sorian

Banned
Posting this before catching up but what the fuck.

Both opened their votes naturally but both are scum... despite having natural votes... because scum vote naturally..

They don't. I literally have vote tracking spreadsheets for days, for years of this community. Scum don't place their votes naturally. They don't. There better be something great in my catch-up or else this vote is changing.

?

The game about acting has had no one ever in the history of the community that was good at acting?

I'll call your empty threat, thanks.

Darryl

Banned
Huh?

Don't be willfully disingenious Darryl. We came to a point where we disagreed on something (that noteworthy things happened, you stubbornly held onto that against someone else already, Fireblend) and I decided to let it rest and go to sleep. It's right there on the damn page.

Those first three posts are you defending your line of thinking. The bottom is you conceding. That is hardly interrogation at all. I'm not being willfully disingenuous. I didn't find you threatening whatsoever when you made those comments and it stood out.

What does "naturally" mean in that context?

A natural vote means voting for who you actually think I'd scummy. Scum can't do that because they know who is scummy and who is not. If they're bussing, they know they're bussing. If they're voting town, they know they are. Their arguments are either bullshit or based on absolute fact, which usually no one else can do. Sorian says kits and ouro both have natural votes on the same target which means he's either wrong, stupid, or full of shit. I know he isn't stupid, but he's lost me games being wrong and scum are full of shit so it's really a matter of which i think it is this time.

And for someone who was comfortable lecturing about precedence earlier, seems to give no fucks about the fact that scum do not fucking stack their votes to get trains rolling early day. Scum are paranoid and they can get caught. I'm not crazy about ouro, i know kits isn't scum, but I'm nightmarishly suspicion about a veteran player who thinks the meta of how scum behave doesn't matter suddenly in a game.

Vote: Sorian

?

The game about acting has had no one ever in the history of the community that was good at acting?

I'll call your empty threat, thanks.
Who in the fuck are abusing of being good at acting here? You? It certainly isn't ouro or kits. Disingenuous as fuck.

Ty4on

What are your reads on Ouro and Kitsune?
Kitsune hasn't really changed much. I've been lazy, but I've thought about seeing her posts today from a townie perspective without really getting anywhere.

Ouro has kinda been on the back burner. He's popped up in my head again because he fits well with kitsune. That was before the Fran vote by Ouro. Sorian made a prod vote for kitsune right after the conflict with Dragonz while Darryl and Crimson followed me last day end. Nothing that clears either, but I can see that being an uncomfortable time for scum to plop down a vote on their mate. Something to note though is Sorian didn't really mention kitsune during EoD.

Sorian

Banned
A natural vote means voting for who you actually think I'd scummy. Scum can't do that because they know who is scummy and who is not. If they're bussing, they know they're bussing. If they're voting town, they know they are. Their arguments are either bullshit or based on absolute fact, which usually no one else can do. Sorian says kits and ouro both have natural votes on the same target which means he's either wrong, stupid, or full of shit. I know he isn't stupid, but he's lost me games being wrong and scum are full of shit so it's really a matter of which i think it is this time.

And for someone who was comfortable lecturing about precedence earlier, seems to give no fucks about the fact that scum do not fucking stack their votes to get trains rolling early day. Scum are paranoid and they can get caught. I'm not crazy about ouro, i know kits isn't scum, but I'm nightmarishly suspicion about a veteran player who thinks the meta of how scum behave doesn't matter suddenly in a game.

Who in the fuck are abusing of being good at acting here? You? It certainly isn't ouro or kits. Disingenuous as fuck.

We've had games with multiple scum teams, we've also had games with sketchy neutrals so your point is already wrong out the gate. But taking it a step further, pointing to unverifiable work and saying it's never happened before is about as useful as me saying "nah, I've seen it happen before." Don't worry though, that's not an invitation to go down some weird meta trail where you start linking back to random day phases of old games or some shit, I don't really care. Like, I've done this before as scum against Kark in Batman but sure, scum never votes together or whatever non-sense you're flying with.

You are right at the end though, Ouro and kitsune aren't good at acting.

Thanks for that.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll concede this point though - of fepsune and ourokitty, yeah, fepsune has a possibility of being scum. I town-ish read them now, but it's not like my reads are infallible or anything.

We've had games with multiple scum teams, we've also had games with sketchy neutrals so your point is already wrong out the gate. But taking it a step further, pointing to unverifiable work and saying it's never happened before is about as useful as me saying "nah, I've seen it happen before." Don't worry though, that's not an invitation to go down some weird meta trail where you start linking back to random day phases of old games or some shit, I don't really care. Like, I've done this before as scum against Kark in Batman but sure, scum never votes together or whatever non-sense you're flying with.

You are right at the end though, Ouro and kitsune aren't good at acting.

Thanks for that.
Yeah, our game with fifteen players has multiple scum teams. Ouro is on a different scum team than kits but, according to your own arguments, is purposefully pulling votes way from kits.

And word for conceding your last useless argument.

But sure, there's nothing to read in how scum vote.

You're trying really hard this game, Sorian. Hopefully everyone in this game isn't too dumb to forget this exchange after the mislynch. I would say, but your fluid vote (how handy how often it changes end of day every game--awfully hard to pin shit on you for creating controversies----except fucking wait, those eod vote switches are meant for people to look at votes and determine how scum would vote under pressure, except scum voting meta doesn't exist according to you this game) happens to be on the preferable target at this moment.

Vote: Ourobolus

Ty4on

Someone go fetch me day 1 end vote of Gafia 1. I know it was a vote born of desperation but we can all have a laugh.
I've seen the votes where all of scum are on the competing townie wagon and it just feels so wrong. My scum self is super conscious of where the votes are. We had a Blarg mislynch out of nowhere in Danny Phantom (suddenly everyone voted for him) and I was ecstatic that the number of scum on him was early exactly what chance would dictate.

Oh yeah, it was a joke about my scumputer doing a pretty decent job >.>

Burbeting

Banned
darryl & nin1000 (1)
crimsonfist
sorian
muffin1611
ourobolus

crimsonfist & sophia (0)
natiko
nomadic sparks

trigger & ty4on (1)
nomadic sparks
natiko

xbro & karkador (1)
sawneeks
kingkitty
verelios
flatearthpandas

franconp & dr. worm (2)
sorian
kitsunelaine
xbro
ourobolus

verelios & wherearemahdragonz (1)
sophia

muffin1611 & samuraischnecke (2)
ourobolus
dr. worm
darryl

ourobolus & kingkitty (3)
muffin1611
nomadic sparks
nomadic sparks
sorian
flatearthpandas
flatearthpandas

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (4)
ty4on
franconp
sorian
wherearemahdragonz
crimsonfist

starsketch & czartim (0)
sorian

sawneeks & sorian (0)
flatearthpandas

Ourobolus

Banned

69c0b62308243947c2ac885e1cd3d853.png

Nah, there's time.

To be honest, ouro is basically cleared as far as I'm concerned. Sorian bending over backwards with nonsense to apparently protect fran i guess? Sorian is in bullshit phase, not righteously wrong. Be wary.

Town, look at him. Look at his shit, it is literally falling out of his pockets.

darryl & nin1000 (1)
crimsonfist
sorian
muffin1611
ourobolus

crimsonfist & sophia (0)
natiko
nomadic sparks

trigger & ty4on (1)
nomadic sparks
natiko

xbro & karkador (1)
sawneeks
kingkitty
verelios
flatearthpandas

franconp & dr. worm (2)
sorian
kitsunelaine
xbro
ourobolus

verelios & wherearemahdragonz (1)
sophia

muffin1611 & samuraischnecke (2)
ourobolus
dr. worm
darryl

ourobolus & kingkitty (3)
muffin1611
nomadic sparks
nomadic sparks
sorian
flatearthpandas
flatearthpandas

kitsunelaine & flatearthpandas (4)
ty4on
franconp
sorian
wherearemahdragonz
crimsonfist

starsketch & czartim (0)
sorian

sawneeks & sorian (0)
flatearthpandas
Something wrong with the vote tool. I think it counted when i quoted Sorian. I only voted ouro's team once for a second.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, our game with fifteen players has multiple scum teams. Ouro is on a different scum team than kits but, according to your own arguments, is purposefully pulling votes way from kits.

And word for conceding your last useless argument.

But sure, there's nothing to read in how scum vote.

You're trying really hard this game, Sorian. Hopefully everyone in this game isn't too dumb to forget this exchange after the mislynch. I would say, but your fluid vote (how handy how often it changes end of day every game--awfully hard to pin shit on you for creating controversies----except fucking wait, those eod vote switches are meant for people to look at votes and determine how scum would vote under pressure, except scum voting meta doesn't exist according to you this game) happens to be on the preferable target at this moment.

You can't have it both ways man. Either it never happens or it does. Just because I gave the obvious example doesn't mean you can hand wave it away because it likely isn't happening here. You use a lot of odd wording here though. What mislynch? Why do you sound sure of outcomes? And what's up with that vote?

To the last point though, you realize when I pressure people into making choices that has nothing to do with a past meta. I'm looking at trends within the current game. I love meta but the individual meta, not whatever aggregate sterile data you are trying to push.

You can't have it both ways man. Either it never happens or it does. Just because I gave the obvious example doesn't mean you can hand wave it away because it likely isn't happening here. You use a lot of odd wording here though. What mislynch? Why do you sound sure of outcomes? And what's up with that vote?

To the last point though, you realize when I pressure people into making choices that has nothing to do with a past meta. I'm looking at trends within the current game. I love meta but the individual meta, not whatever aggregate sterile data you are trying to push.
What both ways? I said from the start it wasn't impossible. But in over a year in this community with something like 9 games, I've found that it never did. I've played scum twice and i know the feeling. It is paranoid. We actively tried not to leave trails. We say to play like town but that's all you can do. Play like town. Not play town. There are pretty clear tends into how scum act. It's in their best interest. Scum stacking can make sense in this game... with partners. A million excuses for partners to stack. And it helps stacka vote rather nicely. But different pairs stacking early game, early vote? No, the odds are incredibly low. So reading two votes stacked on a team right now as both scum is pretty ridiculous.

And I'll assume you're asking about the ouro vote. It's 1am here and i have shit to do in the morning. Not staying up until 4 for endgame. But of course there votes can change in the next few hours. Last few minutes i would of course toss ouro under the bus to save my team. But no need. I have enough time to accuse you of either being scum or just exhibiting scummy negligence to how the game plays. You can talk about individual meta but your arguments against ouro are the same as anyone else's. Your arguments against kits are the same as anyone else's. You ignore the unique elements that actually define the social way scum act as a team. You're full of shit. You're either blindly and wildly wrong like we all sometimes are. Or you're full of shit. But I've seen your wildly wrong before and it was a thoughtful wrong. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed you're phoning this game in. There's no though. You're wildly wrong but you're not really trying, so i say you're full of shit. And more, you're willfully full of shit. Once more

I'm sure for the first time this game. Come what may, I'm going to bed.
How do you view Ouro vs kingkitty?
Ouro is better in the last few hours, but still kind of passive and nonchalant. I've liked Kitty today, as I've said at least one before, including the off-the-cuff reads I did for natiko (i think).

Sorian basically cleared them though. Pure scum with scum written all over him. And let's not pretend fat4all was doing anything magical before he left. Sawneeks has been hustling as the replacement but then she would need to. If town can pull this off, i guess Dr. Fran would need the scrutiny i thought i was going to give them today in reaction to worm and muffin.

Sorian

Banned
What both ways? I said from the start it wasn't impossible. But in over a year in this community with something like 9 games, I've found that it never did. I've played scum twice and i know the feeling. It is paranoid. We actively tried not to leave trails. We say to play like town but that's all you can do. Play like town. Not play town. There are pretty clear tends into how scum act. It's in their best interest. Scum stacking can make sense in this game... with partners. A million excuses for partners to stack. And it helps stacka vote rather nicely. But different pairs stacking early game, early vote? No, the odds are incredibly low. So reading two votes stacked on a team right now as both scum is pretty ridiculous.

And I'll assume you're asking about the ouro vote. It's 1am here and i have shit to do in the morning. Not staying up until 4 for endgame. But of course there votes can change in the next few hours. Last few minutes i would of course toss ouro under the bus to save my team. But no need. I have enough time to accuse you of either being scum or just exhibiting scummy negligence to how the game plays. You can talk about individual meta but your arguments against ouro are the same as anyone else's. Your arguments against kits are the same as anyone else's. You ignore the unique elements that actually define the social way scum act as a team. You're full of shit. You're either blindly and wildly wrong like we all sometimes are. Or you're full of shit. But I've seen your wildly wrong before and it was a thoughtful wrong. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed you're phoning this game in. There's no though. You're wildly wrong but you're not really trying, so i say you're full of shit. And more, you're willfully full of shit. Once more

I'm sure for the first time this game. Come what may, I'm going to bed.

Ouro is better in the last few hours, but still kind of passive and nonchalant. I've liked Kitty today, as I've said at least one before, including the off-the-cuff reads I did for natiko (i think).

Sorian basically cleared them though. Pure scum with scum written all over him. And let's not pretend fat4all was doing anything magical before he left. Sawneeks has been hustling as the replacement but then she would need to. If town can pull this off, i guess Dr. Fran would need the scrutiny i thought i was going to give them today in reaction to worm and muffin.

Last few minutes i would of course toss ouro under the bus to save my team.

*blinks*

Ourobolus

Banned
Saw that phrase and went "welp"

But yes, if it comes down to it there will of course be a survival vote from myself and kk (if he's around).

Top Bottom