• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

If you all think I would do nothing to reign in nomad if we're scum then you're silly. If you take it a step further and think this is some master plan to "be chaotic" or whatever it was monkey I believe said then you're extra silly. If you want to push a lynch based on nomad being nomad then go for it.

I did say I was being extra tinfoil hat today - raising possibilities, even if I don't support them. I don't think it's a coordination thing, but just NS being NS.

franconp

One group I'm uncertain of because they claimed a power role that hasn't been verified yet, and I'm skeptical of power role claims this late in the game. Especially ones that "sucked", in their own words:
6. [m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm

And three groups I feel slightly confident about:
10. [m] Natiko & [m] Nomadic Sparks

Hmm...

It's not like it "sucked". We can confirm that RoyalMonkey targeted Ouro and that Darrin targeted Sorian yesterday. We just didn't caught scum red-handed. And we didn't claim before because we still had shots left.

Besides that, Didn't you just threw shade on Nomadic?

Rereading D2, since it's the only day that town hit scum, wouldn't mind seeing a royal flip now

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing all sorts of flips but would you like to explain what it is about us (or rather, Flush, since he was alone then) in d2 that has continued to be interesting through today that would make us the best flip?

acohrs

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing all sorts of flips but would you like to explain what it is about us (or rather, Flush, since he was alone then) in d2 that has continued to be interesting through today that would make us the best flip?

want to hear from flush not you

I'd just really like to see you guys take a position or do something or have a presence besides targeting Sawrian, which could be correct but is the easiest position one can take in this game over what is easily the most controversial possible role. I don't care if it's against us. Just establish something.

acohrs

3 of the existing pairs did not vote for the scumpair that day, royal as the only representative of their pair was one of them. Not only did they not vote for scum, but they defended them at dayend.

acohrs

the other 2 pairs were natikosparks, who I townread based on ns's bored townie play, and muffinschneke, who are town (ask me how I know!)

What both ways? I said from the start it wasn't impossible. But in over a year in this community with something like 9 games, I've found that it never did. I've played scum twice and i know the feeling. It is paranoid. We actively tried not to leave trails. We say to play like town but that's all you can do. Play like town. Not play town. There are pretty clear tends into how scum act. It's in their best interest. Scum stacking can make sense in this game... with partners. A million excuses for partners to stack. And it helps stacka vote rather nicely. But different pairs stacking early game, early vote? No, the odds are incredibly low. So reading two votes stacked on a team right now as both scum is pretty ridiculous.

Re reading this quote has quite clearly struck a cord with me.

I'm still a quite the noob at Mafia, but I get the sense that when you play scum, you have to pretend to be town while executing other actual townies. You can't leave trails or bread crumbs to you or your partner.

Playing townie to an extend is to be STUPID as possible and blindly follow the pack. Well that's completely easy to even the most hardened of players.

But there seems to be a aggressive townie play and hyper aggressive townie play. To some one like me, who is not really all the read up on strategies of MAFIA. Hyper aggressive townie player may actually be a sign of a #SCUMTELL

While that maybe problematic for various reason that I may not understand now/ or never, playing hyper aggressive townie may mean in some playing styles of a scum signal meaning to #scumstack on a legit townie or fellow scummy player.

What has always bothered me is why hey_monkey silenced Ouro and Karador? Why those two's lover chats locked wasn't NAI to anyone? Scum hunting? UMMMMMMMMMM.....

I just need that question answered

You have to wonder, if Flushmonkey is scum, that'd be two pretty soft PRs on the mafia side in a game where we're assuming 3 ?

I cannot give an extact read on FlushMonkey

but silencing a townie doesn't exactly raise confidence about non scummness

I MAY HAVE TO PUT EFFORT INTO THIS

Karkador

Banned
but silencing a townie doesn't exactly raise confidence about non scummness

There's not really much you can draw from it either way. Town roles are usually designed to be a little confusing/misleading. And Town PRs are firing blind.

As for the damage done by "silencing a Townie", to be honest, it wasn't that big of a deal. Other than our early D2 mishap, we were okay. It might hurt a PR more, I guess, in terms of having to pick targets that you can't discuss. But Ouro and kitty didn't look too disabled by it, either. Roleblocker took care of that.

Karkador

Banned
That reminds me, if Sorian and Royal are hypothetically part of one scum team, I have a lot of trouble believing that they'd pick the same target in one night (Ouro). So I don't think scum would be both pairs. Sorian has definitely had the less-believable claim, and I've no idea why people are giving it such a Town pass.

Sophia

It's not like it "sucked". We can confirm that RoyalMonkey targeted Ouro and that Darrin targeted Sorian yesterday. We just didn't caught scum red-handed. And we didn't claim before because we still had shots left.

Besides that, Didn't you just threw shade on Nomadic?

I did, but the discussion about Natiko made me change my thoughts on it.

if only we had known alignment before spending our powers

If you're NK, that's fine that's cool I'll get used to it weird but okay

But if you have said that silencing Ouro and Karkador was NAI then we have ISSUES

BIG ISSUES

I maybe flailing in my own phlegm but if silencing Ouro and then Karkador is not NAI then you need to explain further what your motives are in "Scum hunting"

Because your scum hunting maybe different then what my scum hunting is.

and right now, for town to survive, they need to be a panther at night, prowling the jungle.

Xbro

If you're NK, that's fine that's cool I'll get used to it weird but okay

But if you have said that silencing Ouro and Karkador was NAI then we have ISSUES

BIG ISSUES

I maybe flailing in my own phlegm but if silencing Ouro and then Karkador is not NAI then you need to explain further what your motives are in "Scum hunting"

Because your scum hunting maybe different then what my scum hunting is.

and right now, for town to survive, they need to be a panther at night, prowling the jungle.
The problem is you're looking at the end result and not the path to get there.

Ty4on

Hey, Natiko, can you bring your partner up to date a bit in private? It's starting to get annoying. Thanks.

I've been waiting for some push on Sawrian, tbh. Because the only way i can make sense of the darryl NK is to make us suspicious of Sawrian. But other than racohrs I didn't really pick up on any. Hmm...
I mean... ???

Sawneeks

Banned
so my reason for voting for town roleblocker is to not attract attention, how did that fail

You flipped it again. It had nothing to do with who you voted for, it was the avoidance of voting Star that she is pointing out. I'm mostly just speaking for Saw here since I believe she went to sleep already.

^

What Sorian said. You were avoiding the Star/AB ( and Xbro/Kark for that matter ) lynch and instead just sat on Sorian and I for 'gut reasons'. You weren't getting any attention for that either until I called you out on and some people backed me up in the last 5 minutes of the Day Phase.

After re-reading day 2, I just don't think xKark is scum. I think there would have been more chaos that day or at least one example of strange behavior had we hit the whole scum team with our silencing shot and the only possible evidence is fep's frustration, which could have been attributed to any number of things, from the RL shit he'd just been through to the way his partner had become a target. But there's really not anything else in that day that particularly stands out. Unless the scum team had decided early to bus kits regardless to earn cred (which is possible), it seems uneven. I welcome other thoughts on this.

I've been thinking about this for a bit and I kind of agree with you? If Xkark is Scum and the whole team got silenced then there really wasn't any chaos or strange behavior that I can remember from that Day Phase. And if Xkark is Scum and the team was blocked I don't know who the other pair would be that would've been silenced as I don't remember anyone sticking out. The only thing of note is Kits/FEP getting lynched but I don't know if that's indicative of a Scum Team being unable to coordinate or just a cascading of events after Kits' read list that wasn't stopped.

Not even me?? Just Sorian?

Rude

:p

Killing Darryl removes someone more than willing to lynch you which goes against their theoretical goal as stated by you. I don't see how you can argue they were being meager with their push for you in order to not distract from the Star lynch, but today when they have nothing new to offer on why we should lynch you it's part of their grand plan to convince us all we should lynch you today. I'm just not seeing the justification for scum to play in this manner.

Why avoid the easy lynch when everyone is on it? Clearly there's no one looking at accountability from that lynch. We even discussed before hand how no one would be held to any real scrutiny over a Star lynch.

That's because they don't have to, Nat. There are multiple people over the last few Day Phases saying we should be lynched the longer we keep living so it's not like they need some sort of 'super grand plan' for us to get lynched, they just have to keep us alive and sowing that 'what if'.

Also it felt like that was because everyone was mostly uncertain on Star and couldn't read her. We see now that nobody is looking over that lynch for anything but how are you supposed to know that in the moment? It would've been way easier for Scum to just sit back and let it happen instead of needing to come up with some nonsensical explanation for a vote that could be scrutinized later on.

Since we're ganging up on Sorian boat I can ask Sawneeks: How would you respond to yourself here?

Respond to myself? Uhm, not sure what you mean but I can give you my thoughts?

I know a couple people responded back to me after that post saying they could see it going either way and weren't sure how that meant they were Townie at all. I'll be totally honest and say I didn't read a whole lot into them at the time; there were a ton of people in the game and my gut said 'probably townie' on them so I just left them alone and focused elsewhere. When I asked Ouro why he felt they were Scum it was because I didn't do much reading on them and wanted outside opinions but the evidence he gave wasn't convincing and my carry-over town gut read wasn't swayed. It wasn't until once I went over Kits/FEP that my read of them shifted. Once I did that I did go back and look to see what they had done to give me that Townie vibe in the first place since I just sort of hand-waved them aside and I could finally see what some people were saying. However, I think it really could go either way with that comment and I think I was putting far too much trust in that 'Town Tell' early on than I should have been.

Worth mentioning that Darryl scumread more pairs than Sorian's

Also worth mentioning that Nin did scum read people too, it wasn't just Darryl.

Spoilers:
It's Sophia/Crimson and Nomad

Are we just not on speaking terms anymore or

One group I'm uncertain of because they claimed a power role that hasn't been verified yet, and I'm skeptical of power role claims this late in the game. Especially ones that "sucked", in their own words:
6. [m] franconp & [m] Dr. Worm

???

In what world does a Scum!Dr. Fran make sense? Kits' lynch aside they claim for no reason at the start of the Day Phase when they are arguably the only Top Town player anyone here can agree on. If they were Scum they'd have zero reason to do that since they were basically already in the clear anyway.

Natiko

Banned
If this is mylo I'll never forgive you all lol
That's because they don't have to, Nat. There are multiple people over the last few Day Phases saying we should be lynched the longer we keep living so it's not like they need some sort of 'super grand plan' for us to get lynched, they just have to keep us alive and sowing that 'what if'.

Also it felt like that was because everyone was mostly uncertain on Star and couldn't read her. We see now that nobody is looking over that lynch for anything but how are you supposed to know that in the moment? It would've been way easier for Scum to just sit back and let it happen instead of needing to come up with some nonsensical explanation for a vote that could be scrutinized later on.
Okay..and if they don't have to setup a lynch on you because there are already multiple people stating they will lynch you just for surviving.......why would they vote for you with such wish wash reasoning instead of just blending in with the crowd? Why does scum diverge from the pack there if, as you said, you will be lynched just for surviving even if they do nothing? The arguments you and Sorian are presenting for rac/acohrs continue to feel weak.

acohrs

If this is mylo I'll never forgive you all lol

1d1a5m.jpg

rac

Banned
^

What Sorian said. You were avoiding the Star/AB ( and Xbro/Kark for that matter ) lynch and instead just sat on Sorian and I for 'gut reasons'. You weren't getting any attention for that either until I called you out on and some people backed me up in the last 5 minutes of the Day Phase.

hell of a way to not gain any attention, vote for a claimed rb

good thing you added the xbro/kark part because look at that you and sorian didn't have a vote on star/ab either

Sophia

What made you change yours thoughts so fast?

Jesus ****, Fran. Read

Oh, right. Yeah, just saw it. Natiko's logic at the time was solid, I just got upset because it felt like I was getting tag-teamed there. (Also, sorry about that, Natiko. I shouldn't have taken my frustrations out on you >_<)

Actually, re-reading it over, that gives me slight townie vibes for both Natiko and Nomadic. It was pretty well coordinated for a pair.

I mean... ???
Exactly what I'm saying. I say I'm surprised there is no push on Sawrian and that it's probably a Scum decoy. then you come in and say we're ganging up on them. That's like a 180° different perception.

Who do you think the remaining scum are Royal?
It's not Dr. Fran. I don't see a scenario in which kits picks her teammate for a fake read. Unless she fucked it up on purpose to make me think this but given her previous play that's extremely unlikely. So there's that. Also fran did not once itch me in any wrong way.

Everything else is a lot less clear:

I personally don't really see Crimsonphia as Scum but my partner has a slightly different opinion on this and I'm starting to doubt myself a bit.

Sawrian is mainly weird. The role is very strange to have as Town-aligned in this setup. If they realized there is a virgin their targeting makes more sense as Town, if they didn't it makes more sense as Scum. Claiming when they did doesn't really make sense as Town but even less as Scum. Sorian is strangely low activity and fat4all rubbed me the wrong way but Sawneeks looks quite good to me.

XKark is also a weird case. The D1 push (including me) came mainly from that stupid gambit or whatever it was. Then for me they were "confirmed" Town on D2 due to their knowledge about the silence. For some reason almost everybody else also suddenly Town read them ("pure"). During D3 I looked at them again and XBro indeed looked quite towny and Kark also at least did someting. Then on D4 people suddenly started getting suspicious of XKark again and I can absolutely not fathom why that would be. The whole dynamic around this pair is just weird. XBro still gives me good feels, they are not on my Scum shortlist.

Try4on and NNS are both cases i should put in some work. Monkey is on and off on ty4on being Scum and I've read her notes about it in our chat. But I was too busy so far to actually follow them. I won't even comment on NS to not get rude and Natiko is mainly Natiko as far as I remember. That's also a candidate for a reread in the future. Both pairs are quite Null at the moment.

Probably my biggest Scum read rn is racohrs. Rac just looked Scummy af on my D4 catch-up read. And maybe Darryl was onto something with Muffin? But on the other hand there's this "Samuraischnecke is feeling ignored" post that just looks very townie. You see, it's not a particular strong scum read.

Sophia

???

In what world does a Scum!Dr. Fran make sense? Kits' lynch aside they claim for no reason at the start of the Day Phase when they are arguably the only Top Town player anyone here can agree on. If they were Scum they'd have zero reason to do that since they were basically already in the clear anyway.

You have a fair point.

Dr. Worm

Banned
My scum guesses atm would be racohrs and Trig4on, maybe CrimSophistia or Xkark.

I'm okay on Flush_monkey and Nomatiko, and I'm cooling off on Sawrian

I personally don't really see Crimsonphia as Scum but my partner has a slightly different opinion on this and I'm starting to doubt myself a bit.
Just wanted to highlight slightly here because for me it's more that I see it as a possibility, but I wouldn't rank them super highest.

I'll have some more extensive thoughts later. I have some things to mull over.

My scum guesses atm would be racohrs and Trig4on, maybe CrimSophistia or Xkark.

I'm okay on Flush_monkey and Nomatiko, and I'm cooling off on Sawrian

We're close to the same page, I think, and I'd even echo some of your language for the layered uncertainty. This game has been quite different from those I've played in the past....

Top Bottom