• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long to call a chick back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawn128 said:
Here's the kicker: Can't tell if she has a bf or not cause when I talk to her, it seems like she's all by herself, but on her myspace, there's a guy on there that posts a lot and calls her 'babe' and stuff. I guess we'll find out tonight, hmmm?

Aha... now it's starting to sound like a typical GAF girl thread. :p

Boogie

MoxManiac said:
Dating sounds stressful and annoying.

NO FUCKING KIDDING

[thread hijack]

I actually went on a date last week. Two, actually! Girl I met through a friend, got her msn. Asked her for coffee on Wednesday. Coffee goes well. Ask if she wants to go for dinner and pool on Friday, she says yes. Yay, so far so good.

Date on Friday goes well, until the end when we arrive at the subway station for her to leave, I try to kiss her good night, and she turns away!

I try to shake it off, ask her out again a few days later, she goes into a spiel about wanting to be upfront, I'm glad I met you, but the timing's bad, I'm not looking to get into anything right now, I hope we can be friends. . .

ARGHS!!! WTF DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE SOMETHING WORK?!?!?!?!

[/thread hijack]

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Boogie said:
Date on Friday goes well, until the end when we arrive at the subway station for her to leave, I try to kiss her good night, and she turns away!
Boogie, you can't imagine how much I feel your pain there. :( The one time I've tried to go in for a kiss, I got the head-turn rejection as well. A crappy feeling indeed. Just keep on keepin' on, bro.

Dating is the easiest way to make friends!
:lol :lol :lol

Memles

Yeah, my advice right now is to avoid the whole thing altogether, but that's just my bitterness and frustrating setting through.

[Takes Thread from Boogie]

More or less, had a hot girl who I knew pretty well all of a sudden have a crush on me. This is a bizarre situation for me, since it has never happened. I get word of this, and I'm like "Shit". I really didn't want to deal with it. However, hormones took over, and when she told me about it I was like "Alright, might as well give it a shot". We had coffee, that was fine.

But then it was fucking Valentine's Day. And then I was pushed into a social construct. And then I made her these culturally insensitive Valentine's. And then she kissed me. And then we made out. Hormones? Completely taken over at this point. This is all heading into Spring Break, where we were heading our separate ways.

Now, like a month later almost, we're in two completely different places mentally. I feel as if we skipped the "Let's hang out and get to know each other stage" and that her 'crush' has made it so she's light years ahead of me. I had someone on my floor in residence tell me she had met my "girlfriend" and I'm pretty sure I stared blankly for a few minutes. Things went way too fast, and I do not have the time right now to be worrying about feeling as if I'm ignoring her or not living up to some sort of social standard.

Thus, I have to tell this girl who has a crush on me only because I'm simply a nice, non-threatening guy and she's used to dating guys who just want to sleep with her...I have to tell her that I do not have time to wrap my head around a relationship right now and I simply haven't made that leap. We're in clubs together, we run into each other; right now, I just want to avoid her and avoid the whole mess period. Fuck.

[/Thread Hijacking. Anyone else? It's fun.]

As for the Original Poster, just be wary of entering a situation that could well blow up in your face.

MoxManiac

Memles, you poor man. I sincerely hope that no more hot girls become interested in you. That would be such a tragedy.

demon

Memles said:
Yeah, my advice right now is to avoid the whole thing altogether, but that's just my bitterness and frustrating setting through.

[Takes Thread from Boogie]

More or less, had a hot girl who I knew pretty well all of a sudden have a crush on me. This is a bizarre situation for me, since it has never happened. I get word of this, and I'm like "Shit". I really didn't want to deal with it. However, hormones took over, and when she told me about it I was like "Alright, might as well give it a shot". We had coffee, that was fine.

But then it was fucking Valentine's Day. And then I was pushed into a social construct. And then I made her these culturally insensitive Valentine's. And then she kissed me. And then we made out. Hormones? Completely taken over at this point. This is all heading into Spring Break, where we were heading our separate ways.

Now, like a month later almost, we're in two completely different places mentally. I feel as if we skipped the "Let's hang out and get to know each other stage" and that her 'crush' has made it so she's light years ahead of me. I had someone on my floor in residence tell me she had met my "girlfriend" and I'm pretty sure I stared blankly for a few minutes. Things went way too fast, and I do not have the time right now to be worrying about feeling as if I'm ignoring her or not living up to some sort of social standard.

Thus, I have to tell this girl who has a crush on me only because I'm simply a nice, non-threatening guy and she's used to dating guys who just want to sleep with her...I have to tell her that I do not have time to wrap my head around a relationship right now and I simply haven't made that leap. We're in clubs together, we run into each other; right now, I just want to avoid her and avoid the whole mess period. Fuck.

[/Thread Hijacking. Anyone else? It's fun.]

As for the Original Poster, just be wary of entering a situation that could well blow up in your face.
STFU,GTFO&FHUTA

To be called by a woman seems like a very prestigeous honor to me. On a couple occassions I have been called by a woman. But sadly, a majority of these occurances were school related (group work, not groupie work sadly).

Does anyone have women on speed dial? This has always been one of my dreams. The idea of having a woman that close to me is a very lush proposition. I've got my cousin on speed dial, but the problem is she's my cousin. So I suppose that doesn't count (although she is hot).

If you have a woman's number, I suggest you use it. Call her from a pay phone late at night, and after she answers hang up. Hearing her tired voice could give you insight into how she sounds when in bed.

Memles

Boogie said:
If only there were some way to trade places, Memles. :p

Seriously? Right now, I'd be more than willing to do so. I don't mean to come in and start complaining about a hot chick or anything...but the awkwardness it created was not worth the hotness.

rs7k

PhoenixDark said:
If you have a woman's number, I suggest you use it. Call her from a pay phone late at night, and after she answers hang up. Hearing her tired voice could give you insight into how she sounds when in bed.

:lol :lol Where the hell do you come up with this?

snacknuts

we all knew her
PhoenixDark said:

:lol :lol :lol WTF? I can't stop laughing at this.

demon

MIMIC said:
Never call the next day. :)

Waiting a day FTW
What about girls who get your number and have no problem calling and leaving messages half an hour after getting your number? Followed by three or four days of texted gibberish that you ignore because you happen to find her myspace and discover that she's really a girl six years younger than you who prides herself on being a hick and whose biggest turn-on is "big trucks and hott guys who are into HUNTIN", despite half her myspace page cluing you in to how horny the chick is? umm, *ahem*....So obviously not every girl cares for the "wait a few days to call" rule. I imagine it just depends on the situation and how you know her.

demon

PhoenixDark said:
I've got my cousin on speed dial, but the problem is she's my cousin. So I suppose that doesn't count (although she is hot).

jenov4

PhoenixDark said:
To be called by a woman seems like a very prestigeous honor to me. On a couple occassions I have been called by a woman. But sadly, a majority of these occurances were school related (group work, not groupie work sadly).

Does anyone have women on speed dial? This has always been one of my dreams. The idea of having a woman that close to me is a very lush proposition. I've got my cousin on speed dial, but the problem is she's my cousin. So I suppose that doesn't count (although she is hot).

Holy shit... I've said this before, but you're my favourite poster here. :lol

Boogie said:

That used to happen to me a lot. I'd be all cocky, funny and a real badass on the first date and I'd get the feeling the girl was head-over-heels for me, but when I went for a smoochie the girl would always smile, nod, and turn away. Or something similar. Mind you, I eventually kissed and fucked some of these girls, but they would always, ALWAYS refuse to kiss me on first date! I never had the balls to ask them why later.

Anyway, one day (about 5 months ago) I decided enough was enough. After another successful first date with this really nice black-haired cutie, I drove her home, and after helping her get out of the car I just said,
"I had a lot of fun, thanks. See you next week."
She said, "Um. Aren't you going to kiss me?"
I said, "Nope." And I drove away.

It felt G-R-E-A-T.

Slo

PhlegmMaster said:
That used to happen to me a lot. I'd be all cocky, funny and a real badass on the first date and I'd get the feeling the girl was head-over-heels for me, but when I went for a smoochie the girl would always smile, nod, and turn away. Or something similar. Mind you, I eventually kissed and fucked some of these girls, but they would always, ALWAYS refuse to kiss me on first date! I never had the balls to ask them why later.

Anyway, one day (about 5 months ago) I decided enough was enough. After another successful first date with this really nice black-haired cutie, I drove her home, and after helping her get out of the car I just said,

It felt G-R-E-A-T.

YOU SHOWED HER!

demon

PhlegmMaster said:

It felt G-R-E-A-T.
Did it feel as g-r-e-a-t as the blowjob she was going to give you that night?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
PhlegmMaster said:

It felt G-R-E-A-T.
010813foodpoisoning.jpg

Boogie said:
Date on Friday goes well, until the end when we arrive at the subway station for her to leave, I try to kiss her good night, and she turns away

[/thread hijack]

I have had that happen to me, It sure makes you feel like a turd doesnt it? I still try not to think about it to this day.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
demon said:
Did it feel as g-r-e-a-t as the blowjob she was going to give you that night?

Slo said:
YOU SHOWED HER!

Virgin minds think alike.

She probably wanted him that much more the next time they met up. I was going to give the same advice to Boogie.
Kisses on the first date are not worth it.
If you're able to pull it off (you can't seem like you were too scared to go in for the kiss), going the first date without trying to kiss the girl is usually a good idea. Girls expect you to try and kiss them, so when you don't (and you don't seem like it's because you're pussy), the girl is going to be in the same position you are in when she turns you down. She's going to be questioning herself, wondering why you didn't go in for the kiss, maybe you just weren't feeling her. When girls get like that, they do the opposite of what an insecure guy would do. They pursue it even more. This is what you want.

Himuro said:
Haha good job. What happened next week man? :)

Well, apparently All Hail C-Webb has some true insights into the female psyche, because on the next date she kissed me before I could make a move (and I was going to, I can only suppress my man-essence for so long). She's been my GF ever since. :D

MoxManiac said:
Memles, you poor man. I sincerely hope that no more hot girls become interested in you. That would be such a tragedy.
Really. The last time I've had a hot girl that I knew was interested in me was...never. Of course maybe I didn't pick up on the signals.

Boogie

All Hail C-Webb said:
Virgin minds think alike.

She probably wanted him that much more the next time they met up. I was going to give the same advice to Boogie.
Kisses on the first date are not worth it.
If you're able to pull it off (you can't seem like you were too scared to go in for the kiss), going the first date without trying to kiss the girl is usually a good idea. Girls expect you to try and kiss them, so when you don't (and you don't seem like it's because you're pussy), the girl is going to be in the same position you are in when she turns you down. She's going to be questioning herself, wondering why you didn't go in for the kiss, maybe you just weren't feeling her. When girls get like that, they do the opposite of what an insecure guy would do. They pursue it even more. This is what you want.

Fucking games :-/

All Hail C-Webb

Boogie said:
Fucking games :-/

People say that they don't like games, but that's bullshit.
You post on GAMING-age, you too like games.
Games are always fun, as long as you know how to play them.
If you treat dates like games, and don't hype them into life or death situations, you're going to have alot more fun.

Congrats to PhlegmMaster, it takes true pimp game to pull the move off, and he seems to have done it in style. I would have used a different responce when asked if I was going to kiss the girl, but it worked, and that's all that matters.

Take it, it's yours.
PC23.jpg

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
PhlegmMaster said:
Winner.gif

YES!

Hehe, to be honest I didn't think she'd be willing to go on another date when I refused the kiss. :lol I simply acted out of accumulated annoyance.
I need to do this next time. I've been soooo pissed off with girls the past couple of instances.

Crazy amounts of flaking, etc...

Now, I'm thinking about dating a mormon girl and starting again with another girl who I dated just before the Holidays.

PhlegmMaster said:

It felt G-R-E-A-T.

It sounds kinda arrogant, but I've noticed that doing stuff like that feels good. It's true. There are chicks I know who have taken advantage of me in the past (not sexually, sadly). Today I just ignore them, and it's clear it pisses them off. I don't like jealous, hissy fit-MySpace/Black Planet girls, period. Just not interested. It's gotten to the point where I'm in constant contact with one of them, but I rarely talk to her; more of a business-like relationship really (I drive her to school).

Himuro said:
...You drive her to school? Holy shit, in car bj?
:lol

Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind.

She looks alright, but I don't her personality, nor do I feel we're compatible. And she's tried to force herself on me, which just came off as desperation (the ultamite turnoff imo). Meh.

PhoenixDark said:
:And she's tried to force herself on me, which just came off as desperation (the ultamite turnoff imo).
What?! A girl forcing herself on you is a turnoff? The only time that should happen is if she is completely hideous.

The whole point of that dialogue from Swingers was the part taken out when posted earlier:

TRENT
Laugh all you want, but if you call to soon you can scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.

SUE
Don't listen to him. You call whenever it feels right to you.
Swingers is all full of funny dialogues, one of my all-time favorite movies =)

Benadryl Hitman said:
What?! A girl forcing herself on you is a turnoff? The only time that should happen is if she is completely hideous.

Well it just came off as being extremely desperate. She basically sent me an email telling me she wanted to be together/"I'm yours when you're ready"/etc. And this was after a particular ugly incident during which I lost all interest in her. After I explained I didn't want a relationship, she started attacking me and questioning my decision. WTF? If someone turns you down, you don't corner them and stretch the discussion. It's done at that point.

And that wasn't the first time she pulled that kind of stunt. So no, I'm not interested at all.

PhoenixDark said:

I'm writing this down.

snacknuts

we all knew her
PhoenixDark said:

Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind.

She looks alright, but I don't her personality

Dude, you're not gonna be getting road head from her personality. Go for it!

MoxManiac

If you treat dates like games, and don't hype them into life or death situations, you're going to have alot more fun.

I dunno, I don't like games in every aspect of life. I don't like to play games with my car, I don't like to play games with bill collectors, and I certainly don't want to play games with women. I'd like to not have to jump through hoops, be super-aggressive (when my personality is not aggressive at all) and manipulate situations to carry on a relationship.

Shawn128

PheonixDark's posts are the stuff legends are made of. Seriously, I don't think any thread about women on GAF is complete without a post by PheonixDark :lol

All Hail C-Webb

MoxManiac said:
I don't like to play games with bill collectors

What??? Those are the most fun.
Just today a few bill collectors called, I was ready though. I had the parody song of Khia's My neck my Back (My dick My sack), ready to go on my PC, and I played it for each of them and lauged my ass off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom