• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City Steelbook Editions (Joker, Two-Face and Catwoman)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
limited_edition_detail.jpg

XZ8mg.png

OdB46.png

More details about price and where to get here:

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4238

http://arkhamcity.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4380

Spookie

Disappointed on the selection of retailer. Shopto is currently 5 quid more than my existing pre order. Here is hoping for some further options.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-order costume bullshit aside, this looks like a damn nice limited edition.

Santar

I'd reaaaly like the Joker Steelbook cover with the 70's Batman and the blu-ray of Under the Red Hood.
I've already preordered the Collectors edition which doesn't even have a regular box for the game! The disc just sits in a sleve in the art book.
Unfortunately no steelbook editions in sight here in Norway :(

Owzers

i'd probably get the Catwoman one if it were available in the U.S. from a retailer i like.

I'll most likely end up with the regular edition.

Santar said:
I'd reaaaly like the Joker Steelbook cover with the 70's Batman and the blu-ray of Under the Red Hood.
I've already preordered the Collectors edition which doesn't even have a regular box for the game! The disc just sits in a sleve in the art book.Unfortunately no steelbook editions in sight here in Norway :(

Oh what the hell...

Xav

So many damn versions of the same game, standard, limited, steel books, DLC costumes, maps. I can't believe how much research I have to put into a game these days before I decide what I'm buying.

glaurung

Xav said:
So many damn versions of the same game, standard, limited, steel books, DLC costumes, maps. I can't believe how much research I have to put into a game these days before I decide what I'm buying.
Pretty much my sentiments.

But I'll be grabbing some version when it is launched and then way down the line, probably get the inevitable GotY version with most of the DLC inside.

hirokazu

This is fucking retarded, but I'll settle for the EB Australia steelbook with the Red Hood BD and classic Batman costume.

Toppot

I'm a 'collect them all or collect nothing' kinda guy. I'm looking forward to the game but with all the special/collectors/steelbook editions, preorder bonuses etc I'd rather not get any of them.

I'll wait for the GOTY edition to come out and get all the game content in one nice cheap bundle. Because the game is what I really care about, not all the extra stuff that I'll look at/use once then it will collect dust and clutter up. Made that mistake with GTA IV special edition, never again.

Xav said:
I will be buying the GOTY edition in a year.

Slermy

Santar said:
I've already preordered the Collectors edition which doesn't even have a regular box for the game! The disc just sits in a sleve in the art book.
Unfortunately no steelbook editions in sight here in Norway :(

Damn, if the UK version was region free (360) I'd totally import one of these.

I hadn't heard about the disc just sitting in the art book, that sucks. I'll probably cancel my Collector's Edition pre-order.

BurningNad

I would love one of those steel books. Going to hold out on my preorder just in case the US gets something like this, even though I know chances are low. :-\

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
leng jai said:
PS3 version gets a BD copy of the animated feature.

Ill be goin ps3 then! Loved that movie and ill be looking for the joker one, cant wait for this game really! Besides, i know ill be able to get it for PC off of the steam sales if the current batman game is any indication.

Edit* well damn, didnt notice it was UK only lol

Sinthetic

Two Face is the best of the lot. Really pleased to hear about the animated film being included.

I actually cancelled my Collector's Edition as I know the Batman statue will end up in the cupboard and the Steel Book is so damn ppppurdy.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
How does DLC work for retailers anyways?

Are they given them as a bonus from the publishers or do they have to pay for the exclusive?

Great, the PS3 Catwoman steelbook is already completely sold out on Amazon UK and Tesco's website is being hammered so badly that the Joker steelbook is impossible to order.

I'm getting really tired of all the hassle surrounding this game, from the Catwoman "online pass" to the ridiculous amount of retailer exclusive DLC and now these last minute steelbooks, it's enough to make we want to give up and take my money elsewhere.

Top Bottom