• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo holding new conference this Friday [Up: Over]

It doesn't matter -- if the Munich event is just rehashing what gets revealed tomorrow, we'll already know almost everything about the update. A separate event in Munich several days later might actually be a good thing -- there may be European / Western specific content. Maybe the Sky deal in the UK has finally bearing fruit for example...

Boney

Banned
EatChildren said:
I think expecting any game announcements is a bit foolish. Sounds like its going to focus exclusively on the firmware upgrade and other online goodies.

After all, this is supposedly stuff they didn't have time to show at the pre-TGS event. If it were some big new game announcement, I think they would have squeezed that in then.
Bububuu chris said!

neo2046

Nikkei states that you can record max 10 mins of 3D video,
and likely you are available to upload the video to youtube through your 3DS

http://www.nikkei.com/tech/news/art...DE2E0E2E5EAE5E5E2E3E7E3E0E0E2E2EBE2E2E2E2E2E2

任天堂が年末商戦に向け、主力の携帯型ゲーム機「ニンテンドー3DS」のてこ入れに躍起になっている。
11月下旬に動画を撮影できる機能を新たに追加。8月には本体価格の大幅値下げに踏み切ったほか、人気ソフトも相次ぎ投入する。
一連のてこ入れ策の成否が任天堂の業績に影響するとあって、今後の売れ行きが注目される。

インターネットを通じて無料の動画撮影機能を取り込めば、すでに購入した製品にも機能を追加できる。
3次元(3D)動画を最大で連続10分間撮影できるのが特徴。
「YouTube(ユーチューブ)」など外部の動画サイトに投稿できるといった楽しみ方が増える。
3DSは今年度中に世界で1600万台の販売を計画するが、4~6月期は71万台にとどまった。

低迷打開に向けて、8月に希望小売価格を1万5000円へと1万円値下げした。
11月からは人気シリーズ「スーパーマリオ」などの最新ソフトを相次ぎ投入する。
任天堂は3DSの販売不振などを受け、11年4~6月期決算で四半期決算として初めて営業赤字となった。

Rhod

Oh.

Good!

But!

11月下旬

late November confirmed.

No way Europe is getting it on the 4th now.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
EatChildren said:
I think expecting any game announcements is a bit foolish. Sounds like its going to focus exclusively on the firmware upgrade and other online goodies.

After all, this is supposedly stuff they didn't have time to show at the pre-TGS event. If it were some big new game announcement, I think they would have squeezed that in then.
Or maybe they didn't want to be overshadowed by Monster Hunter 4?

You're probably right.

10 mins isn't too bad, especially if the intent is basically to share short 3D video clips - and allowing upload and sharing on YouTube is great. Not a killer app, but if done cleanly and easily it could be a great little addition to the system.

Disguises

PigSpeakers said:
Aren't you (normal youtube account users) restricted to 10 minutes on youtube? Or did they lift that restriction?
Yeah, thats what I was about to post. I'm completely ok with this limit. Would be nice to have some sort of quick editing software included.

Edit: "likely" upload to youtube, eh? I'm taking that as a prediction and not as fact
If true, then it would be silly allowing uploading without viewing the 3D videos on 3DS.

Rhod

Disguises said:
Edit: "likely" upload to youtube, eh? I'm taking that as a prediction and not as fact

It doesn't say anything about uploading directly. It does say (unclear if speculation or not) that it will allow users to enjoy the system in new ways as a result of youtube and other video sharing sites.

Rhod said:
It doesn't say anything about uploading directly. It does say (unclear if speculation or not) that it will allow users to enjoy the system in new ways as a result of youtube and other video sharing sites.

That's pretty neat, I guess. Is this more for the Japanese market?

I just wanna move my data over to the red 3DS!!! That's all I need! Keep the other stuff! Well, maybe not keep it, but you know.

GDGF

Soothsayer
neo2046 said:
Nikkei states that you can record max 10 mins of 3D video,
and likely you are available to upload the video to youtube through your 3DS

http://www.nikkei.com/tech/news/art...DE2E0E2E5EAE5E5E2E3E7E3E0E0E2E2EBE2E2E2E2E2E2

任天堂が年末商戦に向け、主力の携帯型ゲーム機「ニンテンドー3DS」のてこ入れに躍起になっている。
11月下旬に動画を撮影できる機能を新たに追加。8月には本体価格の大幅値下げに踏み切ったほか、人気ソフトも相次ぎ投入する。
一連のてこ入れ策の成否が任天堂の業績に影響するとあって、今後の売れ行きが注目される。

インターネットを通じて無料の動画撮影機能を取り込めば、すでに購入した製品にも機能を追加できる。
3次元(3D)動画を最大で連続10分間撮影できるのが特徴。
「YouTube(ユーチューブ)」など外部の動画サイトに投稿できるといった楽しみ方が増える。
3DSは今年度中に世界で1600万台の販売を計画するが、4~6月期は71万台にとどまった。

低迷打開に向けて、8月に希望小売価格を1万5000円へと1万円値下げした。
11月からは人気シリーズ「スーパーマリオ」などの最新ソフトを相次ぎ投入する。
任天堂は3DSの販売不振などを受け、11年4~6月期決算で四半期決算として初めて営業赤字となった。

Hells yeah. Looking forward to this. Hope the Youtube thing turns out to be true.

wsippel

Banned
Rhod said:
Oh.

Good!

But!

11月下旬

late November confirmed.

No way Europe is getting it on the 4th now.
Zen Studios said Zen Pinball 3D would be released mid November in Europe, and the game would support DLC. The current 3DS eShop doesn't support DLC. So either Zen is wrong, or Nikkei is wrong, or the video recording app won't be part of the firmware itself and release a week or two later I guess.

watershed

Banned
I knew early November was too good to be true, yesterday I was actually gonna post saying we probably wouldn't get the update until the end of November.

I just hope Nintendo brings a lot of improvements to the 3ds with the update. The wording on the upload feature sounds like you can take the file off your sd card and upload it to any number of video sharing site instead of it being a direct upload to a youtube account. I hope I'm wrong. But equally important I hope there's an easy way to view other people's 3d videos like say a dedicated 3d youtube app where you can browse other 3ds 3d video recordings.

GameE

Um why are so many sites calling this a conference when its just a pre recorded thing that I dont think will have major announcements :S

watershed

Banned

sfried

artwalknoon said:
I knew early November was too good to be true, yesterday I was actually gonna post saying we probably wouldn't get the update until the end of November.

I just hope Nintendo brings a lot of improvements to the 3ds with the update. The wording on the upload feature sounds like you can take the file off your sd card and upload it to any number of video sharing site instead of it being a direct upload to a youtube account. I hope I'm wrong. But equally important I hope there's an easy way to view other people's 3d videos like say a dedicated 3d youtube app where you can browse other 3ds 3d video recordings.
I'm guessing that will be up to Youtube to decide if they want a dedicated 3DS channel. But the fact that you save it as a file that you later upload makes sense. Now if they could only integrate SpotPass so that you can upload it automatically to any number of video providers (under your account) upon stumbling across an intenet access area...

GameE

StreetsAhead said:
Because that's what Nintendo themselves are calling it.

No, they are calling it the Nintendo 3DS New Information Internet Presentation
If there was HUGE stuff dont you think they would do a live conference, not a pre recorded presentation?

GameE said:
No, they are calling it the Nintendo 3DS New Information Internet Presentation
If there was HUGE stuff dont you think they would do a live conference, not a pre recorded presentation?

Whoops, you are correct. I just remembered the site for it had Conference underlined in Japanese, but that was referring to the pre-TGS one. It is indeed an 'internet presentation.'

GameE

StreetsAhead said:
Whoops, you are correct. I just remembered the site for it had Conference underlined in Japanese, but that was referring to the pre-TGS one. It is indeed an 'internet presentation.'

Yea, its just a pre recorded thing and thats why im bothered that some sites and people are blowing this thing up and hying it :p

GameE said:
Yea, its just a pre recorded thing and thats why im bothered that some sites and people are blowing this thing up and hying it :p

Definitely. The site says it's covering stuff they didn't cover in the pre-TGS conference and gives the example of MK7 online and the firmware update.

While that doesn't exclude a 'surprise' it certainly doesn't get me too excited or hopeful for one.

Cipherr

I wouldnt expect anything other than what they said they would talk about. It seems almost obvious that they let it all fly at their previous actual conference. They didnt leave anything in the reserves.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
What are you looking forward to this Friday? How about a special guest on the Nintendo page? Be on the lookout for posts and tweets from the #Regginator himself!
https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo

I guess this points to Nintendo of America announcements?

Fantastical said:
Reggie: Sorry guys Xenoblade isn't coming to the US. #notmyproblem
Going to be honest, theres no point in releasing it in America anymore. The Last Story and Pandora's Tower on the other hand, would still have a chance.
If Xenoblade came out in America, it would bomb worse then it would have if it came out the same time as it did in Europe, cause most people who wanted it, imported it, they aren't going to want to buy it again...i think.

Javier

All NoA has to do in my eyes is announce the second Fire Emblem game on the DS and they're totally redeemed for everything.

How I'm expecting this to go down:

Xenoblade, The Last Story & Pandora's Tower for everyone!

CoD 3DS!

Pokemon Gray 3DS!

Pokemon Snap 3DS!

Wii U!

Pikmin 3!

Smash Bros. Teaser!

HD Skyward Sword Port to Launch Wii U!

Beyond Good & Evil is Wii U Launch Game!

Majora's Mask 3DS!

'Completed' Wind Waker 3DS!

Wave Race, Star Fox, Retroid, F-Zero, Advance Wars, Ice Climbers, Star Tropics, Mario Golf, 1080 Snowboarding are all coming!

Rare is coming 'home'!

Dozens of brand new core and casual franchises!

Yoshi is real and he's outside your front door and he wants you to love him!

StreetsAhead said:
How I'm expecting this to go down:

Xenoblade, The Last Story & Pandora's Tower for everyone!

CoD 3DS!

Pokemon Gray 3DS!

Pokemon Snap 3DS!

Wii U!

Pikmin 3!

Smash Bros. Teaser!

HD Skyward Sword Port to Launch Wii U!

Beyond Good & Evil is Wii U Launch Game!

Majora's Mask 3DS!

'Completed' Wind Waker 3DS!

Wave Race, Star Fox, Retroid, F-Zero, Advance Wars, Ice Climbers, Star Tropics, Mario Golf, 1080 Snowboarding are all coming!

Rare is coming 'home'!

Dozens of brand new core and casual franchises!

Yoshi is real and he's outside your front door and he wants you to love him!
Setting yourself up for disappointment I see.

soultron

Banned
3DS revision and I will buy that shit so fast.

Not going to happen.

Will stay up and watch since I have to work at 530AM EST anyway.

Top Bottom