• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo holding new conference this Friday [Up: Over]

Medalion

Banned
Why are people bringing up Wii U stuff?

This is just a conference to announce the rest of the 3DS shit that was not covered in the previous conference right?

jokkir

What time today? I might be out with my friend to preorder Skyrim + a haircut and want to be back when it begins.

sinxtanx said:
Oh, just as I finish my lunch. Nice.

I predict no megatons whatsoever
You're wrong, there will be a megaton, there will be a reason I stay up for another 5 and 1/2 hours! Nintendo wouldn't do that to me...never.

pramath

Banned
IceDoesntHelp said:
Are, are you staying up with me!? SO I'm not alone in this stupid decision...I think.
5 hours left...so close I can taste it, and the regret.
I'm not sure I'll make it through the night, but let's see if I can actually do it.

_woLf

4am. Ouch.

Not worth it, will sleep through it. Curious if anything is announced that hasn't been leaked or let out early.

pramath said:
It'll all be in Japanese anyway! ;___;
Yeah, but what if there's IN GAME FOOTAGE OF A NEVER BEFORE SEEN GAME!? You won't see it with everyone else. Or at least I won't. If I go to bed now, I'll wake up at 10..can't do that.

_woLf said:
4am. Ouch.

Not worth it, will sleep through it. Curious if anything is announced that hasn't been leaked or let out early.
It's totally worth it!

Bear

I'm pulling an all-nighter to study for a midterm. Looks like I have something to watch.

It's starting at 4 AM in what time zone, exactly?

Yeah, 4 am for maybe one or two megaton announcements? Not happening. Tomorrow is my day off and I want to sleep till 11. Not to mention the streams never want to work on my computer. Then again, they might work on this new computer.

pramath

Banned
IceDoesntHelp said:
Yeah, but what if there's IN GAME FOOTAGE OF A NEVER BEFORE SEEN GAME!? You won't see it with everyone else. Or at least I won't. If I go to bed now, I'll wake up at 10..can't do that.

It's totally worth it!
Fine... LET'S DO THIS

pramath said:
Fine... LET'S DO THIS
Aww-Yeah-meme.png

PS_GUY said:
C'mon Pokemon Gray!!!

....who am I kidding? Probably won't be announced until April of next year.
Believe! Why can't you just believe!?
yeah I'm doubting a Pokemon announcement ):

shadyspace said:
I wonder if we'll be able to just scrub through the video like with the Pre-E3 Konami "press conference".
When the video is up on their site, they've never had a visible loading bar, have they?

BY2K

Membero Americo
God damn it.

I need to go to bed, but if I do, I'm waking up after this for sure.

There CAN'T be anything to be hyped about, is there?

BY2K said:
God damn it.

I need to go to bed, but if I do, I'm waking up after this for sure.

There CAN'T be anything to be hyped about, is there?
Join the party!!! I honestly do not know. I know one thing, if I go to bed now, something megaton worthy will happen, and I won't find out 'till I wake up (and I'll miss all the fun). If I stay up, nothing megaton worthy will happen. SO basically a lose-lose situation.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I'll just put my Mario Alarm on. -_-

(Yes, I'm using the Mario Clock on my 3DS as my alarm, got a problem with that?)

IceDoesntHelp said:
Don't say that!
What does the page say?
All I know is that it links to the conference from September.

3DS New Information
Internet Presentation

We present to you information that could not be delivered in the September Conference, delivered by a recorded video message from Mr. Satoru Iwata.

Example: Information about the expected November firmware update
Details of Mario Kart 7's online features
Etc

BY2K said:

I'll just put my Mario Alarm on. -_-

(Yes, I'm using the Mario Clock on my 3DS as my alarm, got a problem with that?)
Haha, nice. I wish I had an alarm.

StreetsAhead said:
3DS New Information
Internet Presentation

We present to you information that could not be delivered in the September Conference, delivered by a recorded video message from Mr. Satoru Iwata.

Example: Information about the expected November firmware update
Details of Mario Kart 7's online features
Etc
Alright thanks for that. I'll probably pass out around 3/4, but i'll find a way to get myself up at 6:45. Stupid iPod alarm doesn't work.

Kard8p3

What's the chance of this being uploaded somewhere soon after it's shown? There's no way I'm staying up for it or getting up early for it.

DREAM/WISH:

Special friend list only online play mode. Minimal infrastructure needed, built into hardware. Acts like local wireless play, by connecting you directly to other 3DSs over the net. No server or lobbies needed. Lets player jump directly from friend list into online game mode if the cartridge is in the system. Will be utilized by monster hunter tri G.

Listen, i dont care if its possible or not. It was fun to imagine and type that.

Well I am definitely not waking up at 6 AM to watch this since I won't know Japanese. I'll see the news when I get up at 9:30 I guess. AllNight GAF, hope you people who will be watching aren't wasting your time. Goodnight!

I hope for personal messages & invites to be enabled as well as gifting of software to your friends.

I hope the entire thing is a close in shot of Iwata delivering a speech with absolutely no footage that we could glean any information off of.

Top Bottom