• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - First two Disney worlds revealed [Update: Screens at post #175]

Can we start listing our choice Disney worlds for our dream KH game yet? Because I'm thinking Ducktales, New Groove, HSM and Monsters Inc would sell me 7 times over.

duckroll

If it's from the Jump article, I don't think that's the right translation. It's just a short blurb that says Prankster's Paradise is a world that has various 3D stages in it, including the insides of a whale and a circus location, along with other unspecified areas. There's nothing in the text that suggests that the entire world takes place inside Monstro, unless it was mention in another magazine I haven't seen.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Lord Nomurasan, please.
Saint Canard world. Darkwing Duck. Please. :(

Platy

Pixar and Muppets would be godlike .... but while pixar almost made in other kindgom hearts, I really doubt the muppets has any chance

I wonder if there's a reason they avoid the television shows. I would love Gargoyles, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, and Tales Spin levels.

Because Disney would make then do a Hanna Montana world instead of a Darkwind Duck world and the game would implode

...for a tales spin, you can always get the next best thing : a Jungle Book world

Anything from Toy Story, Duckberg/St. Carnard and a New Orleans swamp/mardi gra setting would be my picks. At this rate there really isn't any reason to *not* have Pixar have some sort of shout out in these games, and if the 'no tv shows' rule is still in effect Duckberg is still relevant through The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck comics.

duckroll

I wonder if there's a reason they avoid the television shows. I would love Gargoyles, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, and Tales Spin levels.

I don't think they particularly avoid television shows. It's just that the movies are much more popular and well known worldwide, especially in Japan. When you have a limited number of worlds in a game anyway, it makes sense that you'll pick stuff which are more well known.

Edit: On another note, the gameplay screens from V Jump have shown that while the DROP gauge from the Jan 2011 trailer wasn't present in the TGS demo, it is still part of the game and is now visible on the newer screenshots.

GhaleonQ

Just realised that with Steamboat they opened the doors to worlds based on cartoons ..... and i'm totaly going to be disapointed with no Mathmagic or Plutopia

Yeah, I think that was more of a historical thing (and it's not even the 1st produced one, I believe, just the 1st screened) than an animation fan thing. The whole Disney treatment is as superficial as can be, so let's not get our hopes up for skeleton enemies or spooky barn locales.

Berordn

Toy Story is definitely something they're planning for KH, Buzz and Woody were going to be summons in 2 but were dropped to promote Chicken Little. I guess that makes Chicken Little and Bolt candidates too, though I don't think anyone would be upset if they ignored those.

duckroll

Direct feed pics: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201111/26006054.html

3S3ZN.jpg
tGPw1.jpg

u72KT.jpg

6fl2m.jpg

sTrzy.jpg

P3SW2.jpg
Xb7q0.jpg

PfHnt.jpg

SWDXa.jpg

mNQnu.jpg

oayL1.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The Hunchback characters look great. I doubt they'll find someone to do Frollo's voice anywhere near as good though.

Spiegel

Enviroments are a bit disappointing, they look too much like BBS (empty and a bit poly-starved) and less like the ps2 games.

But maybe I'm remebering KH2 better looking than it really is.

MAtgS

Enviroments are a bit disappointing, they look too much like BBS (empty and a bit poly-starved) and less like the ps2 games.

A lot of KH2 was big & empty. At least BBS had some platforming elements (mouse holes, artifical gravity, Disney Town underground)

The empty environments were a bit disappointing in BBS, so I am slightly worried that we'll see a similar thing here, but I hope not. The world's are nice, but I would like playing through them to not be such a lonely experience.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yeah the environments look on the same level as the ones in BbS. I'm guessing the interaction from the free flow system and the Dream Eaters will keep them from feeling as noticeably empty, but honestly I'm not happy about them replacing the d-link system with monsters if you can't recruit Disney characters too.

Famassu

KuwabaraTheMan said:
The empty environments were a bit disappointing in BBS, so I am slightly worried that we'll see a similar thing here, but I hope not. The world's are nice, but I would like playing through them to not be such a lonely experience.
I don't think that'll change until KHIII, which I hope will be a big step forwards for the series in many ways. The worlds have been quite empty from the first game onwards, it'll probably require a big jump in technology for them to try something completely new and not just doing the same thing structure-wise (world with areas/rooms where enemies appear, with a few houses/smaller areas with 1-5 NPCs) with some (admittedly big) improvements to traversal/battlesystem.

Debating on whether I should play Birth by Sleep first or not hmm. Either it or this will by my first Kingdom Hearts game.
BBS.

KH2 looks better than BBS and 3D but a lot of the worlds also felt sparse...maybe not as poly starved, though.

Gameboy415

The new screens are looking great!

I'm all for lots of new Disney worlds, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few more Square-Enix worlds/characters make it in this time.

Neku from TWEWY is a great start and hopefully some other elements from other franchises like the Chrono series or the Mana series show up (assuming there are no major licensing issues).

Fighting Lavos or the Mana Beast with Sora/Riku would be a blast!

Famassu

What are those things that are in your party?
Dream Eaters (the new enemy type in KH3D) who've become Sora & Riku's buddies instead of their enemies. They'll help you in battles and there are some special attacks you can do with them. Seems like the way you interact with them during battles is based on if you're playing with Sora or Riku. Sora is the one who can grab on to them and, for example, cause some mayhem by bouncing on enemies while riding one of those Dream Eater types. Riku draws power from them and will be able to do some elemental attacks & such. (this based on Andriasang's translations).

The "bull" is strong in those "shots".... and here I tough S-E left that bad habit behind.

Anyway.. the screens look good so I'll wait to see more of the game.

Top Bottom