• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mims

I wonder what the chances are they will still be doing a B2G1 free deal next week when Mortal Kombat comes out. I would love to pick up Mortal Kombat, Uncharted, and Virtual Tennis 4 with a B2G1 free.

Just wondering, are people here excited for just the Vita launch, or both the Nintendo Directs and Vita launch?

Tomorrow's going to be one of the best days of the year for me.

Excited for Vita launch personally, but couldnt give much of a damn about anything Nintendo's doing anymore.

Once you transfer games from your PS3 to Vita, the copy on the PS3 HDD will be deleted. I haven't check the save file thing yet. Also for memory cards, always go the maximum size if you can afford it. I'm already regretting going for 16GB :(

Wow, that is weird. They should probably rename it to moving rather than copying...

Once you transfer games from your PS3 to Vita, the copy on the PS3 HDD will be deleted. I haven't check the save file thing yet. Also for memory cards, always go the maximum size if you can afford it. I'm already regretting going for 16GB :(
Oh wow, I don't like the sound of that... So there is no easy way to move things back and forth without re-downloading?

Yuripaw

Banned
Ok guys, I could use some help. I can pick out a free Vita game today. I already got Hot Shots Golf, Lumines, Rayman Origins, Ultimate MvC3, and Uncharted. I feel like I already got most of the launch titles I want, so picking out another is kinda difficult, but free's free.

I was thinking about Shinibido, but I don't really know much about it other than it kinda looks like old Tenchu games. There's also Blazblue, I like fighting games, but I've never been good at the Blazblue or Guilty Gear games. It still might look cool on the Vita screen though.

I dunno, what other game would you guys suggest?

Himself

Ouch. That sucks. Weird because I have Patapon 2 on my PS3 hard drive and I thought I was able to transfer it to my PSP and it said something about only being able to activate it three times or something. Hmm. Decisions, decisions...

blackflag

Getting close to caving. I don't really want any of the games except Wipeout. I know I should wait at least until Gravity Daze is out but the hardware is so nice, it's just the games that I don't really want. Want that Monster Hunter to be announced....then I'd be all in with no regrets. We'll see, I may cave on Friday.

Ok guys, I could use some help. I can pick out a free Vita game today. I already got Hot Shots Golf, Lumines, Rayman Origins, Ultimate MvC3, and Uncharted. I feel like I already got most of the launch titles I want, so picking out another is kinda difficult, but free's free.

I was thinking about Shinibido, but I don't really know much about it other than it kinda looks like old Tenchu games. There's also Blazblue, I like fighting games, but I've never been good at the Blazblue or Guilty Gear games. It still might look cool on the Vita screen though.

I dunno, what other game would you guys suggest?

What about FIFA (if you're into it)?

B.O.O.M

If you find some great ones and reduce the sizes, please don't hesitate to share. :)

will do, I think I will go a bit bonkers with wallpapers and stuff on the vita..haven't messed with photoshop in a while.

By the way just to clarify, what's the resolution for PSV?

This is OT but I'll post it here because I looked into this because of this and the other thread.

So, I did some research on 3G gaming. It's definitely not as smooth as having a great wi fi connection, but I feel that gaming over 3G is certainly doable, and while no matter what you'll still be at a disadvantage due to latency, if you can change the nat port types, you should be able to be competitive on most games. It'll also depend on where you are in relation to the towers and the coverage in your area. Fighting games will probably not happen anytime soon, but unless you're playing UT or very twitchy shooting games, they should be ok IMO.

http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/3593/64/

BLOPS on 4G

COD BLOPS on 3G

Bandwidth usage = MW3 uses 30MB/hr

Problem is you can't change the port types on AT&T 3G. I'm not sure about the other carriers.

I do have to wonder why Sony has chosen to not allow gaming over 3G, I would have to guess that carriers (AT&T) have something to do with it.

Latency? >_>

You know 3G is like the speed of dial up modems.

Man, I'm gonna be riddled with nerves when applying the Hori screen protector tomorrow. The slightest error and it's £7 down the drain. At least I know of the turn-on-the-hot-water-and-steam-up-the-bathroom trick to help ward off those pesky bits of dust and whatnot floating in the air.

DeVeAn

My Girl friend of ten years doesn't give a shit about games, yet she played the vita and said yes you can get one LOL. Gonna try and get one tomorrow.

blackflag

Man, I'm gonna be riddled with nerves when applying the Hori screen protector tomorrow. The slightest error and it's £7 down the drain. At least I know of the turn-on-the-hot-water-and-steam-up-the-bathroom trick to help ward off those pesky bits of dust and whatnot floating in the air.

Ughh I always fail when putting screen protectors on.

B.O.O.M

My Girl friend of ten years doesn't give a shit about games, yet she played the vita and said yes you can get one LOL. Gonna try and get one tomorrow.

Hahahha had a similar experience. I made my gf play Escape Plan demo at gamestop and despite not being much of a gamer, she loved it! She even said "wonder if you can make these guys splash when they die". I was like o_O

Anyone get a Pull N Go Folio? Impressions? Anyone who ordered it from a site that isn't PDP/Gamestop receive theirs yet? I've been backordered through Best Buy for a week; that's what I get for using reward zone certificates...

I'm so upset I was in a rush this morning (because I overslept) and didn't bring my vita to work. I wanted to download the Unit 13 demo and a few Vita games, now I have to wait until 9ish because I have school after work :'(

Somebody stomp on my testicles while bitch slapping me

demonkaze

So amazon uk trolled me by sending me an email letting me know my vita shipped yesterday and expected delivery was today but nope, no vita for me today :-(

Carl

Hahahha had a similar experience. I made my gf play Escape Plan demo at gamestop and despite not being much of a gamer, she loved it! She even said "wonder if you can make these guys splash when they die". I was like o_O

My girlfriend asked me about it a few times, going to try and get her into playing on it.

But then i won't get to go on it :(

-

In other news, i have 22 pieces of content (demos, games, PSP games) downloading ready for tomorrow. Gonna make that memory card my bitch

SRTtoZ

Woot! Uncharted, Rayman, Lumines, my free 4gb card and PS Vita travel pouch just shipped from amazon. My Wifi Vita still says "Shipping soon" which I trust will ship soon lol Pretty damn fast considering I ordered all of this a few hours ago.

PaulLFC

Me too, got the £10 BarrierChief one because it included front and back protectors, just hope it's as easy to apply as my PhoneDevil iPhone protector which was awesome and has no air bubbles.

Wozzer

Me too, got the £10 BarrierChief one because it included front and back protectors, just hope it's as easy to apply as my PhoneDevil iPhone protector which was awesome and has no air bubbles.

Good luck. Mine was a wreck, air bubbles galore, and a few hairs managed to sneak their way under. Couldn't iron the bubbles out or recover the hairs, had to throw it in the bin. :(

Screen scratches here I come!

I can see why Pursuit Force and Killzone are not on Vita store. It'll freeze your system lol. If you quit to menu and try joining the game (particularly Pursuit Force), your Vita will slow down and eventually freeze if you don't close it. Had to hard reset.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Latency? >_>

You know 3G is like the speed of dial up modems.

Wikipedia 3G Article said:
The following standards are typically branded 3G:
the UMTS system, first offered in 2001, standardized by 3GPP, used primarily in Europe, Japan, China
[snip]
The latest UMTS release, HSPA+, can provide peak data rates up to 56 Mbit/s in the downlink in theory (28 Mbit/s in existing services) and 22 Mbit/s in the uplink.

I don't know what kind of dial up modem you have. But I'm sure the 56 labeled on a dial-up modem was talking about Kbit/s.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gaf i need your help!
Tomorrow is the great day, but i have to wait for the memory, so can you please give me a list of games that don't need a memory?
Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom