• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle Thumbs 65 - Dance of the Treasure Goblin

They Stole The Money... And They're Now Giving It Back

site.jpg

As the dancing creature leaps out into the open night air, its rucksack billowing in the wind, you hear a metallic clank by your feet and look down. A gold-plated slide for your Tec-9. You remember the words of Anton Chekhov -- "A gold gun part found behind a closet door in act one must be used to kill everyone, immediately" -- pocket it and move on. We're back, again! Also, we have now become one: The podcast that is "Idle Thumbs" now includes the original 51 Idle Thumbs episodes as well as all 13 episodes of the Idle Thumbs Podcast, together under one roof. That's why this is episode 65.

Games Discussed: Max Payne 3, Spec Ops: The Line, Armed Heroes Online, Torchlight II, Diablo III, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, Far Cry 2

iTunes Link

RSS Feed

Direct Download

Not sure if were doing a weekly thread or a megathread yet.

El Sloth

Banned
Long live the podcast about games that takes many offtopic tangents!

No megathread please.

New thread for new episodes.

Boss Man

Games Discussed: Max Payne 3, Spec Ops: The Line, Armed Heroes Online, Torchlight II, Diablo III, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, Far Cry 2
I've barely started listening to Idle Thumbs, but LOL at this.

castlegar

Bahahaha.

Awesome. Stoked to have regular episodes back. *obligatory Thumbs reference*

FStop7

Banned
After two long and sad years the king has returned.

Fuck the king.

Just kidding. It is AWESOME to have the Thumbs back.

I completely agree with Chris about the Diablo 3 music. When I first logged on, this huge orchestra starts playing. The music reminded me of what you'd hear when someone in a carriage was being chased. I wanted that echoey, steel string guitar Uelman does so well.

Unironically, the only scores I remember from D3 were from the Tristram act.

Jake

Hey, dudes that pledged to the Idle Thumbs Kickstarter at $30+: Check your emails!

I just got my Steam code for Thirty Flights of Loving.

Nice! Glad those are actually sending. We're sitting in the office biting our nails as the server's mail queue blasts hundreds of emails out.

For those who are getting Thirty Flights of Loving but haven't played Gravity Bone, it's definitely recommended that you play both! You don't need to play them in order or anything, but they definitely go well together.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yay! \o/

I figured they were either gonna put out a podcast soon or someone would be breaking the news story of them making a large withdrawal from the Kickstarter fund and leaving the country. This is the better scenario of the two. For the listeners, at least.

My day has been made. The first time I spent Christmas alone I had to go out on Boxing day morning in search of milk (school boy error) and I listened to Thumbs while I walked to and from the supermarket the quietest I'd ever seen that town. There were maybe a half a dozen people in this massive store, almost nothing left on the shelves. Then I played Bioshock.

El Sloth

Banned
Nice! Glad those are actually sending. We're sitting in the office biting our nails as the server's mail queue blasts hundreds of emails out.

For those who are getting Thirty Flights of Loving but haven't played Gravity Bone, it's definitely recommended that you play both! You don't need to play them in order or anything, but they definitely go well together.
I will use this as an excuse to finally play Gravity Bone.

By the way, it's really weird to think that of all the video game related Kickstarters I pledged to in the past couple of months the one I'm getting a game first from is the Idle Thumbs Kickstarter.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I assume the emails are still being sent? I never got mine.

Shaneus

I'm guessing it's in order of donations. If the $30 backers got it first and no-one else has, then I guess those of us with deep pockets wait a bit longer (a la backer surveys).

Shaneus

It's true. Those of us who kicked in more money are less attractive because we now have less money than the rest of you selfish bastards.

Edit: As I say that, I now have a code :)

I'm guessing it's in order of donations. If the $30 backers got it first and no-one else has, then I guess those of us with deep pockets wait a bit longer (a la backer surveys).

No, it's alphabetical. They should all be out right now. If you haven't gotten yours, make sure you're checking the email account specified with the Kickstarter survey, and also check your spam filter just in case. If you definitely don't have it, shoot an email to support at idlethumbs dot net and we'll try and figure it out! (There are only three of us though and we have full time jobs and crazy schedules this week, so apologies in advance if we don't reply to support emails as quickly as we'd like.)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this pop up on my phone! Best notification ever. I just sat there letting the episode title sink in and started laughing. The journey is over!

Top Bottom