• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

Is that the one that uses UE3?

yeah

Great art design imo.
Not surprised how well it runs btw, a lot of the game environments use very simple repetitive geometry. They do it very intelligently though.

Corky how does the object motionblur look. Good I imagine?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
yeah

Corky how does the object motionblur look. Good I imagine?

To be honest I almost didn't notice it at all but that is surely due to me playing at 30 at such a resolution. I'll bump the res down to something more humane and have a look at 60 where the motion blur will shine more.

Until then, here are two Dark Souls pics that I'm very fond of, excuse the odd resolution because I wrote the wrong aspect ratio in DSfix.ini...

screenshot_2012-12-13bnrd5.png

screenshot_2012-12-136ujzr.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wow, Dead Space 2 seems like it was made with 2.35 in mind. At some point down the road I'll have to do a replay with this way (ideally when I have a card that supports the 4K equivalent).

iWMrOmyy2hYuP.png

ibdppvU0t9zvtr.png

scitek

Wow, Dead Space 2 seems like it was made with 2.35 in mind. At some point down the road I'll have to do a replay with this way (ideally when I have a card that supports the 4K equivalent).

I'll have to try that one. Alan Wake's pretty awesome, too.

Is that C-Mod or a product of the aspect ration?

I mean, doesnt that near weapon Depth of Field look so sexy? Thank god killzone invented that effect, it looks so good.

It's C_Mod's weapon positioning only. I use that and the muted suit sounds because I hate the voice.

mrtapout1

Banned
No it is not and it is a pain.

First download DownSamplingGui_0.6, create a system restore point, open downsample.exe and click "erstellen".
Now click "INF erstellen" (locatet under "extras") and choose "benutzerdefiniert", insert your desired max. resolution (alternatively you can choose one of the presetzs in your aspect ratio).
Here is a guide on how to install those custom drivers you just created: guide
When you are using Windows 8 you will also have to enable "Test mode" to be able to install unsigned drivers.

you are the man, thank you!

woah, really need to adjust the FOV for anamorphic widescreen. I tried it with Half-life 2 at 90 FOV and its the first time i've ever felt motion sick while playing a game.

xJavonta

Banned

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Create a custom resolution like you do with downsampling. Take your vertical resolution and divide it with 2.35 to get your horizontal resolution.

An example of a 21:9 aspect ratio resolution:

untitledvuugq.png

scitek

What's cool is that with some games, like Alan Wake, I gained ~10 fps by dropping the resolution to go 2.35:1. Could be a way to enjoy more demanding games without compromising much on the way of quality in the future.

Peterthumpa

Create a custom resolution like you do with downsampling. Take your vertical resolution and divide it with 2.35 to get your horizontal resolution.

An example of a 21:9 aspect ratio resolution:

untitledvuugq.png

I can create the 21:9 resolution normally, but my games are all scaling to fit my 16:9 screen. Scaling is disabled on NVIDIA's Control Panel. Am I missing something?

Romir

Can someone tell me whats up with all this sudden surge of anamorphic gaming?

I have the Dell 21:9 arriving on monday and am slowly working on a CIH home theater.

Top Bottom