• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which country do you believe to be the most beautiful? Post pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noks415

Peru isn't too shabby.

xNnlb.jpg

5SNJU.jpg

n9l45.jpg

dUiTe.jpg

Just a small glimpse of Pakistan ...amazing beauty and rich history all wasted by the corrupt rulers, terrorists :'(

karachi-beach-karachi-pakistan+1152_12979252281-tpfil02aw-6368.jpg

Which Karachi beach is this? Haven't seen that arch. I've only been to Clifton many times.

*image search* That's Mexico! Cabo San Lucas, apparently.

Simplet

lol at USA and China. 2 pages of people carpet-bombing the thread with US pics and not a single building or population center to be seen. I wonder why?

If 90% of your population lives in ugly shitholes 95% of the time, then your country is not the most beautiful country on earth, I'm sorry.

Scotland was stunning. Definitely high on my list.

lol at USA and China. 2 pages of people carpet-bombing the thread with US pics and not a single building or population center to be seen. I wonder why?

If 90% of your population lives in ugly shitholes 95% of the time, then your country is not the most beautiful country on earth, I'm sorry.

Yeah that makes total sense.

Simplet

Yeah that makes total sense.

I've lived in China, trust me when I tell you that it didn't feel like I was in the most beautiful place on earth, no matter how much spectacular scenery I could reach by riding a stinky bus for three days.

The most beautiful country on earth is the country where everything is beautiful, from nature to cities and everything in between.

87.3% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Yes I was really going for accuracy with that, you got me there.

I've lived in China, trust me when I tell you that it didn't feel like I was in the most beautiful place on earth, no matter how much spectacular scenery I could reach by riding a stinky bus for three days.

The most beautiful country on earth is the country where everything is beautiful, from nature to cities and everything in between.

Well thanks for that insight, Mr. Arbiter of How to Determine the Most Beautiful Country on Earth.

devilhawk

If it is natural beauty it has to be countries like US or China, maybe Russia. Mostly because the countries are so big they have every type of geography.

Fou-Lu

This thread makes me sad, is Canada just really boring or something? So many pictures here are a billion times more beautiful than anything I've ever seen in my life and I've been around most of Canada.

Ra\/en

here is a GREAT example of the beautiful scenery in the province I live in Canada.

Alberta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82_jHs8FgA

It really is a lovely place to live. And there are 9 other provinces and 3 territories that are just as beautiful in their own way.

I'm biased of course, but Canada is pretty. Maybe not the PRETTIEST country though. Some of the pictures in this thread are mind boggling.

Some pictures:
canoe-trip.jpg

Picture%20ABGOV%20Waterton%20Lakes.JPG

okanagan.jpg

(not Alberta)
alberta_field.jpg

zedge

Awesome thread! The world is beautiful, too bad is full of humans..

here is a GREAT example of the beautiful scenery in the province I live in Canada.

Alberta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82_jHs8FgA

It really is a beautiful place to live. And there are 9 other provinces and 3 territories that are just as beautiful in their own way.

I'm biased of course, but Canada is pretty. Maybe not the PRETTIEST country, but B.C. + Alberta is a beautiful combo on it's own.

Awesome vid. Alberta represent!

This thread makes me sad, is Canada just really boring or something? So many pictures here are a billion times more beautiful than anything I've ever seen in my life and I've been around most of Canada.

We need some Okanagan (BC Interior) love in here.

view%20green%20bay.jpg

south-okanagan-oliver-vineyard-01.jpg

5152457916_9635d6e29c_z.jpg

insurance-okanagan-brownbenefits.jpg

I think you may be crazy..;) There is so much beauty in Canada. Same as anywhere.

Noirulus

To show you guys what I mean by the incredible view of the night sky at the Atacama Desert, here's a picture. I WANT TO GO THERE SO BAD.

paranal_orion_cc_8bit.jpg

I've lived in: Japan, Russia, Germany, Czechoslovakia, the US, and England. By far the most beautiful country has been the US. As others have said, the diversity is amazing. You want mountains, you got 'em. You want canyons, you got 'em. Ditto for beaches of all kinds, prairies etc. But the absolute most beautiful spot I've even been is Prague. I didn't live in Canada, but I have been to New Brunswick. Stunning as well. The weather in Canada precludes me from ever living there, though.

Most of the world is a beautiful place in different ways. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say New Zealand, Australia, United States, China, Norway, Switzerland and most pacific islands.

The places I posted in California are all just a drive away. One of the reasons I love living here. We have beautiful cities too: San Fran, Monterey, San Diego, even parts of LA are beautiful.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Australia and New Zealand look quite amazing. I want to go eventually.

To show you guys what I mean by the incredible view of the night sky at the Atacama Desert, here's a picture. I WANT TO GO THERE SO BAD.

I went to Atacama. The night sky is very nice. That picture is a long-exposure photo so it doesn't look like that, but you can see the milky way with the naked eye a little. It's quite nice to watch the stars at night:)

Patagonia is very nice too (southern Chile and Argentina). The best sunsets I have ever seen in my life (much better than Santorini), the sky is just full of colors at sunset and clouds of all sorts of shapes.

Feep

Banned
That Naica cave is some straight video game shit, yo.

Japan, New Zealand, Italy, Costa Rica are all contenders. But check out this China noise.

6252652.png

IMG_1871.JPG

tumblr_m1itdk0wWT1rqpmjfo4_1280.jpg

Reed-Flute-Cave-China_Beautiful-cave_14955.jpg

Lamel

Banned
That Naica cave is some straight video game shit, yo.

Japan, New Zealand, Italy, Costa Rica are all contenders. But check out this China noise.

6252652.png

IMG_1871.JPG

tumblr_m1itdk0wWT1rqpmjfo4_1280.jpg

Reed-Flute-Cave-China_Beautiful-cave_14955.jpg

I really want to visit China one day.

And I'm appreciating all the love for Pakistan. Having been to murree, it really is awesome.

How about you let us have one thread about beauty without this kind of ugly.

Socreges

Banned
Driving down Cambie St in Vancouver, toward downtown, just before Broadway, during a clear day, in Winter with the capped mountains, with the new BC Place lit up.... never ceases to amaze me. Beautiful skyline. I hate that I don't live there anymore.

US or China, I guess, for sheer diversity. Though I haven't travelled either extensively.

Socreges

Banned
Also, was snowboarding on Cypress a week ago on a clear day. The view of the city, the surrounding mountains, and the valley was phenomenal. We could actually see Mount Baker very clearly in the distance (and it looked big), but maybe I shouldn't mention that since it's technically in the US.

mantidor

Post pictures of your country: the thread :p

I'm not complaining really, but we know this is what everyone is going to do. Amazing photographs help a lot as well, they could make hell holes urban monstrosities seem charming.

paranal_orion_cc_8bit.jpg

I'm not saying the night sky in the Atacama desert isn't breathtaking, but is not really very different from any other place without light pollution. It will never look like that for us though, thats a photograph with immense amounts of exposure. But I've seen the night sky away from cities, and it is indeed amazing.

I'm to lazy to embed images, so I will just link Colombia's landscapes from GIS.

We are truly megadiverse though, as in actually being the most megadiverse country per mile squared. We are very strategically placed, only country with Caribbean seas, pacific coasts, Andean mountains and amazon jungles, all in one.

Socreges

Banned
I'm to lazy to embed images, so I will just link Colombia's landscapes from GIS.

We are truly megadiverse though, as in actually being the most megadiverse country per mile squared. We are very strategically placed, only country with Caribbean seas, pacific coasts, Andean mountains and amazon jungles, all in one.
Such a shame that so much of it is dangerous. I'd love to backpack around Colombia, but I'd be very limited.

US has the diversity but China has some lost world shit going on. They have monkeys with blue faces and shit

Look at this fucken guy
res630xy-fall08fe600x500monkey.jpg

Too bad they are doing an awful job protecting it

Dmented

Banned

Yes I was really going for accuracy with that, you got me there.

Then no country is beautiful, so this thread is pointless. But, let's ignore the fact that shitholes exist and focus on what could be called beautiful about a country.

If it wasn't for security issues there, I would've loved to visit Iraq, the cradle of civilization, I want to visit every thing there since they are considered the source while i consider every civilization around it is just a poor man carbon copy of what they achieved.

zedge

Nothing beutiful about large cities.

Generic picture of city #1599
http://melbourneapartmentaccommodation.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Melbourne_Skyline.16380852_std.jpg[IMG]

seen one, seen them all.[/QUOTE]

Sure there is, just because you don't think so doesn't mean there is not. I can appreciate architecture as much as nature. Many cities are in beautiful settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom