• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PGR4 Screenshot - O_O

6hfb38n.jpg

FabCam

I hope this doesn't go Forza 2 on us. They show loads of awesome looking pics then the actual game looks crap. I agree about the tires, they don't seem to actually be on the road.

Whoaness

Banned
It's raining, but there's no splashing effects on the car... >_>;; is it like a futuristic car with a rain shield?

Tires look fine to me. They actually look like rubber and have lighting to them now instead of always being completely black like in PGR3.

pgr1.jpg

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
They're up to 4 already?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I enjoy the racing aspect of PGR way more than in Forza or GT. I just wish they could add customization, but I doubt it will happen.

vspectra06 said:
The BMW car model is on par with GT5:prologue's imo. But now we have much better looking environments with rain effects.

That's just it, the rain on the pavement looks beautiful, but then you get to where the tires are and it looks off.

Holy crap, before the picture even finished loading, I knew exactly where this is supposed to be because I walk by there at least once a week.

Saitou said:
.....why is the driver wearing a helmet

A fanboy's answer wud be "ZOMG GRAN TURISMO!!"

A proper answer would be "Because car manufacturers and game developers want to send a message that drive safe and if they are driving in closed circuit, always wear protective gear."

Unless that's water trickling off the sills, it seems to be raining underneath the car.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Probably is rain going through the car...but that's insanely nitpicky if it actually bothers you.

Doesn't bother me, it's just something I noticed. Being insanely nitpicky is fun!

disappeared said:
That's just it, the rain on the pavement looks beautiful, but then you get to where the tires are and it looks off.

And what exactly looks off about the tires? They don't look perfectly real but they're far from shitty looking.

Whoaness said:
It's raining, but there's no splashing effects on the car... >_>;; is it like a futuristic car with a rain shield?
there are no splashes on the car because there are no puddles on the car. the splashes on the road look like water dropping into a puddle.

i have no idea if what i wrote is just true, but that's what it looks like to me. when rain hits my car it generally forms a droplet rather than a splash like that which as i said looks like a drop of water landing in a puddle.

That shot looks absolutley amazing. That is really nice lighting; add in the rain effects and the picture perfect car model and that is easily one of the best "car racing game" shots I have ever seen. PGR4 and GT5 have really impressed me.

I think everyone is nitpicking the rain effects a little too much. It actually looks spot on for a light rain , even the wetness of the asphault.

le.phat

vspectra06 said:
Not sure about the bland and flat part. :lol

hmm, i had to retype that reply because i couldn't figure it out in english :lol

what i meant is, the car looks really detailed, while the geometry in the background comes off a bit well.....flat :lol

kassatsu

Banned
So is this game going to have physics for racing tires on wet track? That car won't get over 45mph without spinning out XD.

ghibli99

I think the "O_O" made me think that I was gonna get knocked on my ass by this shot. Although I wasn't, I still think this looks really nice. My friend has the K2 Gear kit on his Legacy GT, which is similar to the M5 bumper, plus a CF lip/grille and fogs.

Top Bottom