• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

TheZink

Question guys...

Does your PS4 fans crank when playing BF4? Mine seem to get pretty intense about 5 min into a match. It’s not super loud but very noticeable in quiet spots in the game. I keep hearing people say how silent their PS4 is. I want to make sure this is normal. Granted I play about 3 feet from my PS4.

DSmalls84

Question guys...

Does your PS4 fans crank when playing BF4? Mine seem to get pretty intense about 5 min into a match. It’s not super loud but very noticeable in quiet spots in the game. I keep hearing people say how silent their PS4 is. I want to make sure this is normal. Granted I play about 3 feet from my PS4.

Happens to mine as well. I have mine in an entertainment center though.

moai

Question guys...

not super loud for me, but they definitely start cranking up playing bf4. fifa 14 and lego are nearly silent.

todahawk

Cheers.

There's no counter-counter, right? Got killed by a counter earlierm and am thus yet to get a melee kill :(

Go sniper hunting, most are so focused on lining up their shot they're completely oblivious. At this point I usually opt for a close range shot to the back of the head.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is the server browser working for anyone? When I try to use it I get no results or servers with zero players.

Ive never seen an option from the front, either. I do mash the button when it happens so maybe I dont see it. Ive been hit from the side before - basically if an enemy is facing you during the animation, you can. If he pulls you to turn you around, you can't.

I've seen it from the front.

I've actually managed to counter successfully a few times too.

OH and if you want to pull it off you CANT button mash. It has to be precisely timed.

Yeah, all through the first Xbox days the games you'd play online had a lot of chatty people. Halo 2, PGR2 etc. Even not very popular games I was playing online back then (Street Racing Syndicate) had a lot of talking.

Did 360 have party chat when it was first released? I feel like some of the earlier games I was playing on like Gears of War had a lot talking as well. I didn't notice the lack of people talking in games until about 4 years in.

No, party chat came sometime around the release of Gears 1? Or not too long thereafter.

b0neshank

Banned
not super loud for me, but they definitely start cranking up playing bf4. fifa 14 and lego are nearly silent.

I don't think I have ever heard anything outside of a disc spinning up at the beginning of a game from my PS4. My system is super quiet.

DryvBy

Lovin' it.

kfc02SA.jpg

emko

yea i hear people complaining there PS4 sounds like a jet engine but so far mine has been quite in fact its a lot quiter then the noisy PS3 slim.

There's a lot less chance of being headshotted whilst sprinting and jumping by a sniper who's a mile away hidden in the hills and hasn't moved the entire round. There's no niggling doubts that your are on a server full of hackers either.

I can only play with 100% sensitivity though after being used to a mouse but I do tend to spaz out if I get caught in a surprise close quarters encounter and I need to sort that part of my game.
100% sensitivity? Show me the receipts. I just upped my from the default (20%?) to 25% and the difference was significant. I can't even imagine 100%.

Lovin' it.

kfc02SA.jpg
How do you access this screen?

The whole counter thing is sorta dumb in my experience. I've never failed a counter attempt. It's like the slowest QTE ever. Melee kills shouldn't be a blink of an eye like in COD, but it's almost safer now to just spray and pray even if a guy doesn't see you.
Agree. It should be a random button or something every time so that you at least have to pay attention.

see5harp

The whole counter thing is sorta dumb in my experience. I've never failed a counter attempt. It's like the slowest QTE ever. Melee kills shouldn't be a blink of an eye like in COD, but it's almost safer now to just spray and pray even if a guy doesn't see you.

DryvBy

100% sensitivity? Show me the receipts. I just upped my from the default (20%?) to 25% and the difference was significant. I can't even imagine 100%.

How do you access this screen?

Agree. It should be a random button or something every time so that you at least have to pay attention.

It's in the settings somewhere (system settings I think, it's actually called Error History I think too). If you can't find it, lemme know and I'll go check where I pulled this from.

Shadybiz

Okay, did the DMZ process, and I am no longer getting the "lost connection" message when trying to join a game. Might be coincidence, might not be; but it's working for the time being. Again...shouldn't be necessary to do this in 2013 (every other modern multiplayer game I have works just fine).

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT ALWAYS CRASH IN THE LAST MINUTES OF THE ROUND?!

Unlocking stuff is a grind already, and this is infuriating. For fuck's sake. DICE are a disgrace.

How come there's no option to play the china rising dlc in quick join?... There's no way to play it because the server search is broken.. Is this actually happening?

I switched my PS4 to DMZ yesterday, I played one match last night and it crashed..Today I was able to play 5 games in a row and no crashes.

No, party chat came sometime around the release of Gears 1? Or not too long thereafter.

Gears 2.

Which was really unfortunate. I mean, I absolutely cherish Party chat, but it definitely has to suck for people who play by themselves and want some interaction.

I miss the days of trash talking on Halo 2/3 and Gears of War haha.

Gears 2.

Which was really unfortunate. I mean, I absolutely cherish Party chat, but it definitely has to suck for people who play by themselves and want some interaction.

hear hear.

days forever gone, it appears. I don't really even have memories of people talking online on the PS3 so it's doubly disappointing on the PS4 where party chat AND a shitty in-the-box microphone once again create the effect of not hearing anyone talking. My exact experience on the PS3 save a few instances (when I wasn't in a party, which was most of the time).

Game confirmed as shit. Me and my squad BUSTED our asses off to catch up to a 200 point deficit, only for the game to lag into an unplayable state the last 30 seconds. Match ends with us losing from 70 - 19 tickets to 0 - 19 in 30 seconds? W.T.F.

If getting a full refund for this game and the Premium was just a click of a button away I would've done it on impulse weeks ago. SMFH.

Overdoziz

Banned
Gears 2.

The weird thing is that even now on Halo 3 (and especially during the games for gold promotion) the amount of people in a match that use game chat over party chat is much higher than in later games. At least that's my personal experience anyway.

Gears 2.

So good that pre and post game thrash talking..

Milennia

A BF4 update just started downloading, its around 600 megabytes

Nothing in the control room, yet people on the official forums are getting the same update.

It is a battlefield 4 update just for clarification, not the ps4 update.

Wonder what it is?

Kssio_Aug

Yep, an update of BF4 (PS4 version) just downloaded here.
Someone know about what it is? Maybe it will finnaly fix some crashes and bugs?

Cheech

I actually really like the counter idea. If you are coming at somebody from the front with a knife, you deserve what you get. Just from my experience, when you come at somebody from behind, they can't counter. At least I've never had them counter.

I also like it because it gives you an advantage over bush wookies. IMO, DICE's implementation of the counter is perfect.

Nothing in the control room, yet people on the official forums are getting the same update.

It is a battlefield 4 update just for clarification, not the ps4 update.

Wonder what it is?

It is pretty funny. Just yesterday they made a huge deal over open communication, the "control room", etc., and then they just go ahead and barf out this patch with no notice and no notes. Those guys are something else.

Rafy

here is the changelog:
-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
-Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
-Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
-Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
-Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
-Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
-Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files

Top Bottom