• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Have they fixed the FILTERING issue with Conquest on PS4??

When I attempt to filter the servers, it says no one is playing Conquest, or it was last time I checked.

If you are just looking for Conquest, there isn't anyone playing that mode. I'm not sure if EA keeps that separate for smaller DLC maps, or fewer-flag variants, but right now only Conquest Large is playable.

Majanew

Banned
Is DICE serious?

Get the patch, play one game of Conquest on Lancang Dam, and there's lag the entire match. And server browser is still broken. Sigh.

I guess they'll blame PS4's 1.52 patch.

Black Hat

Are you guys having the crashes playing wired or wireless?

I haven't encountered a crash yet in MP (weird?), but having said that I've only played for around 8 hours total. I'm wired, btw.

I do notice in Conquest that after the round ends there is a max exodus of 15-20 players. Could they be crashing out?

i'm wondering how many people that are experiencing severe crashes are NOT playing conquest. i've been playing obliteration since launch and i get maybe 1 or 2 crashes a week and i'm probably putting in a good 10-15 hours per week. i guess i've been fortunate though as i wasn't hit with the campaign save file corruption either and i played a lot of that as i kept starting the first two missions over to show off the graphics to people.

either way, if you're having problems, but want to play, maybe try another mode until things get worked out? like i said, obliteration has been working well for me since launch. it sucks to see so many people disappointed in this. it's a really awesome game (when it works).

Dysun

No crashes for me tonight through 6-7 Conquest games but I did get a Revive bug where I couldn't accept/deny it or switch teams/redeploy/etc. Had to leave the server

terrible

Banned
It seems like dying way around corners is twice as bad on PS4 as it is on 360. The lag is pretty extreme and that's just on domination, I can't imagine what it's like on conquest (not playing it until the freezes stop). There must be a ton of people playing from well outside the region on the US East servers on PS4 or something.

jsip

Banned
It seems like dying way around corners is twice as bad on PS4 as it is on 360. The lag is pretty extreme and that's just on domination, I can't imagine what it's like on conquest (not playing it until the freezes stop). There must be a ton of people playing from well outside the region on the US East servers on PS4 or something.
Yep. I roll on US east, too. Ive been shot just after getting inside of a tank and taking control of it. Shot. With a gun. Right after climbing in a tank. Tank HUD all over my screen. Shot. With a gun.

Around corners it is really bad. There will always be a tad bit of latency in online gaming and corner dives or cover dives do show it easily, but Ive gone deep behind cover and still get shot.

Then there are games where I just survive everything and smoke everything. The problem I'm seeing is that it can hit at any time and its usually never an entire match that shows it. It will come and go many times in a single match so there is no consistency.

Dude, I have both the PS4 and PC versions and this is a major problem across BOTH platforms. Neither one is worse.

IT may seem like the lag is worse on another platform, but I don't think it really is.

This game is just loaded with issues. This thing needed like a 6 month beta period.

terrible

Banned
Dude, I have both the PS4 and PC versions and this is a major problem across BOTH platforms. Neither one is worse.

IT may seem like the lag is worse on another platform, but I don't think it really is.

This game is just loaded with issues. This thing needed like a 6 month beta period.

I had the same issue on PC BF3, but not so much with 360 BF3. On PC I'd actually play on European servers with 95 ping to get rid of the lag though. Everyone on US East servers had 100-300 ping. By everyone I mean on average 75% of the players and I'm not kidding. When I played in Germany or similar everyone had a ping well under 100 and it felt way smoother even though my ping was 95. That's why I feel like this PS4 problem is due to way too many people from out of the region playing on our servers.

I play with network smoothing on 0 by the way.

edit: Here's an average US East server on BF3 for me. It was unplayable.

jsip

Banned
Managed to get into 2 more matches today. Lots of lag still. Many, MANY, black loading screens today. As a long time BF player, this is my last one. I am not supporting EA or DICE any longer. I just can't. Its quite clear they dont give a shit.

Ark

Played a game of Operation Locker on 64-player Conquest today and it crashed half way through as per usual. Only reason I didn't quit at the start is because I decided to give the patch a chance.

Oh well. Still need to test Flood Zone though.

Ubersnug

Dice just announced that the first Xbox One update is being released today

We will be rolling out the Xbox One game update today, starting 10AM UTC / 2AM PDT. Players may experience some downtime as we upgrade our services. Expect patch notes to become available soon.

Sauce

airjoca

In about 6-7 hours of play these last 2 days, it only crashed once, on Conquest Large in the snowy map from China Rising. It was right at the end too, when the other team had like 10 tickets left and I was just about to hit a chopper with an RPG I'd just fired.

So now I'm getting black loading screens, horrible lag in vehicles, what seems to be one hit kills again and a strange occurrence in which my vehicles weapons do no damage even to the environment.

No crashes yet after 4 matches.

Grinchy

Banned
I played Conquest for the first time tonight (only about 2.5 hours worth). No issues other than some laggy spots. My code for the gold battlepack still doesn't work, but I guess I don't care. The game is pretty damn fun.

I managed to play and complete quite a few matches in conquest last night with minimal issues. Probably played about 3 hours, and on what was my final match on Locker, it ended up giving me the CE error.

One HUGE issue IMO with the game, is the fucking AA camping especially on Lancang Dam. That map isn't big enough to have AA vehicles, as they can just sit in their spawn and lay waste to everyone without really being in harm's way. That shit needs to be taken out of some maps.

Gleethor

So I bought premium and DL'd China Rising and when I try to join CR maps, it directs me to the Premium page in the store, which tells me I already own Premium. Wat.

Beaulieu

I just used a 100% boost only to crash 4 games in a row.
never happend to me to have crashes this frequent.

I think it might be because there was an friend that tried to join my game.

fuck this shit.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I got Battlefield 4 yesterday on PS4, and to my surprise there seems to be no way to switch shooting from the R2/L2 to R1/L1. Horrible, horrible decision on DICE's part. I hold my controller so that I have my middle fingers on R2/L2 and index fingers on R1/L1, so I don't need to constantly switch between them with just my index fingers. Now I find myself constantly accidentally throwing grenades and marking enemies, even when trying to use just my index fingers, because I automatically move them over to R1/L1. Has there been any explanation for DICE not even giving the option?

I'll probably just sell this game or leave it lying around till they patch this in.

Do the China Rising maps never seem to show up in quick matches for anyone else? I guess I have to find those maps in a specific server to play them?

terrible

Banned
I got Battlefield 4 yesterday on PS4, and to my surprise there seems to be no way to switch shooting from the R2/L2 to R1/L1. Horrible, horrible decision on DICE's part. I hold my controller so that I have my middle fingers on R2/L2 and index fingers on R1/L1, so I don't need to constantly switch between them with just my index fingers. Now I find myself constantly accidentally throwing grenades and marking enemies, even when trying to use just my index fingers, because I automatically move them over to R1/L1. Has there been any explanation for DICE not even giving the option?

I'll probably just sell this game or leave it lying around till they patch this in.

Took me a couple hours just to get used to spotting being R1 instead of select. I agree that not having more control options is dumb but if you are willing to stick it out you will eventually get used to it.

Top Bottom