• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Pastry

Banned
This game only fucking crashes when I'm wrecking shit. I was 32-9 on Dawnbreaker capping flags left and right and then with 100 points left I get a battlepack and BAM crash.

kmg90

BF4 for me hasn't crashed since the patch came out (granted I only played like 3 full conquest matches)

The thing that bugs the ever living fuck out of me is that game displays everyone having headset even though that is clearly not the case making it hard to tell if you are actually playing with people who would communicate...

Xater

Do the China Rising maps never seem to show up in quick matches for anyone else? I guess I have to find those maps in a specific server to play them?

That seems to be the case and because the server browser almost never works you can't play these maps....

Jimrpg

From Australia and didn't have any problems the other night playing at 1am all conquest too. Paracel storm was amazing haha. Also I suck so much... Happy to play with gaffers plz add me... neogaf and psn handle are the same

jsip

Banned
Lag tonight was pretty crazy. I wish DICE would let us see ping because no matter where in the US I select its always 5 bars. Overseas is 3-4. How is that even legit? On the battlelog there's just a "-" under ping for games in the browser. The hell.

kitch9

Banned
Lag tonight was pretty crazy. I wish DICE would let us see ping because no matter where in the US I select its always 5 bars. Overseas is 3-4. How is that even legit? On the battlelog there's just a "-" under ping for games in the browser. The hell.

5 bars is good.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
You should always be spotting before shooting so I refuse to see how this is a problem.
Oh sure, because in CQB / when there are no teammates around you / an enemy is taking an objective near you / in singleplayer / etc. it's way more important to mark someone than it is to just kill them. Really. This mentality is beginning to annoy me. Yes, spotting is really usefull and you should spot whenever you can, but it is not more important than anything else. Also, if I had had the ability to shoot with R1/L1, I'd actually be spotting way more, because I would always have my middle finger on R2 and thus wouldn't need to constantly switch to R1 to specifically mark an enemy before shooting them.

Ellite25

Played two Conquest matches tonight and they both crashed. I only had a few crashes prior to the last patch, now this is the 3rd in the last two days out of 4-5 matches total.

This is pretty ridiculous.

Ark

I got Battlefield 4 yesterday on PS4, and to my surprise there seems to be no way to switch shooting from the R2/L2 to R1/L1. Horrible, horrible decision on DICE's part. I hold my controller so that I have my middle fingers on R2/L2 and index fingers on R1/L1, so I don't need to constantly switch between them with just my index fingers. Now I find myself constantly accidentally throwing grenades and marking enemies, even when trying to use just my index fingers, because I automatically move them over to R1/L1. Has there been any explanation for DICE not even giving the option?

I'll probably just sell this game or leave it lying around till they patch this in.

The L1/R1 buttons will put you at a disadvantage. They aren't as good as the DS3 for shooting, they just don't feel like they were designed with that purpose in mind; whereas the R2/L2 buttons do.

You aren't holding the controller correctly, which astounds me because every controller is designed to be held in one optimal position and apparently many people can't do that.

iJudged

Banned
The update that came out for xbone version of battlefield fucked it up completely, I can't even join anything any more. Took me 8 minutes to get in the game yesterday and then I got dash boarded instantly multiple times.

This is disgraceful.

moai

played 10 matches on ps4, conquest large. no crashes. seems weird everyone has different results with this patches.

Nokterian

Still having trouble guys on PS4? PC is not getting any better from what i see and even a colleague at work even said crashes gone from bad to worse on PC then before . I have not touched it after launch and well i am not going to play it when the majority is fixed.

If you're getting spawn killed in CQ, it's your fault. If it's in other game modes, I dunno. I don't play those. Love CQ's spawn system.

It's not the CQ mode. Also being spawn killed is not the fault of the person entering the game because you have no way of controlling whether or not you spawn next to an enemy.

THEDON82z1

Neo Member
No crashes but last night I swear I could not kill anyone. It was pathetic.[/QUOTE

Whenever I die and go to gun customization menu,if someone tries to revive me at the same time I get stuck in the revive menu and have cut off the game and start over. This bug sucks has anybody else had that problem?

indie24

The update that came out for xbone version of battlefield fucked it up completely, I can't even join anything any more. Took me 8 minutes to get in the game yesterday and then I got dash boarded instantly multiple times.

This is disgraceful.

The xbox version update has fixed my issues. I can get in Conquest first time and has not crashed once. Before I could not get a game and would boot me to homescreen. I've played about 10 - 15 games and it's fine. Not sure why they have fucked up the PS4 updates. If there is a more serious issue they nees to come out and say so. Patch after patch for ps4 and still not right

Mdot

Just got my PS4 and BF yesterday. Played 4 matches of Conquest with one crash. Moved to team death match and Rush with no problems. Fun game. I am absolutely terrible though. Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off the whole time. Looking forward to playing more though.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys.

I just read that DICE reads ALL the crash reports on the PS4. You know, where you can put your own comment when sending the crash report.

My "Fuck you EA/DICE DIRTY ASSHOLES" comments probably don't help them too much. I'll try to be more constructive. Maybe this game will get fixed faster.

Shadybiz

Weird thing playing the other night. I was on party chat with a friend, and we were playing Conquest together. He told me he crashed out of the game, but I was still in. Since it was late, he said he was just going to turn it off. No prob...he then signed off, and then I crashed. Conclusion: I think that crashes might also be caused by people leaving party chat...amongst other reasons.

Hey guys.

I just read that DICE reads ALL the crash reports on the PS4. You know, where you can put your own comment when sending the crash report.

My "Fuck you EA/DICE DIRTY ASSHOLES" comments probably don't help them too much. I'll try to be more constructive. Maybe this game will get fixed faster.

LOL, nah, they deserve it. They can get their constructive info from other reports.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can anyone else not load test range?

Every other thing about the game is working pretty well for me, but I cannot load the test range and it's annoying the shit out of me.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
The L1/R1 buttons will put you at a disadvantage. They aren't as good as the DS3 for shooting, they just don't feel like they were designed with that purpose in mind; whereas the R2/L2 buttons do.

You aren't holding the controller correctly, which astounds me because every controller is designed to be held in one optimal position and apparently many people can't do that.
I respect your opinion, but I don't need you to tell me what puts me at a disadvantage or how I'm holding my controller the wrong way. I have no problems using R1/L1 for shooting, not in any PS3 game, nor in Killzone Shadow Fall or Call of Duty Ghosts PS4. I view shooting with R2/L2 as a disadvantage, because it means you have to constantly switch away from them to R1/L1 to do secondary stuff, so for me (and many others) shooting with the triggers is counter-intuïtive. I hold my controller in the way I find it most comfortable and logical, and I actually think just having my index fingers to operate the bumpers/triggers is much less comfortable. A controller isn't meant to be held in one way and one way only, simply because everyone has different shapes and sizes of hands and fingers.

Hey guys.

Hahaha that's pretty funny

Crashed every time I sat down and played today. One time, it crashed while I was in the main menu. It's crashing more for me now than before the latest patch. At this point I'm thinking it's hopelessly broken, and they're just slapping bandaids on a sucking chest wound.

jsip

Banned
5 bars is good.
Thats not what I'm asking. How can my ping from one side of the country register 5 bars to the other side 5 bars? And overseas just 1 bar lower than my own country? I'm saying their ping metrics must be 1 bar could easily be 200ms spread. So 5 bars could be 200 and under, 4 bars 400-200, etc.

Its a useless measurement unless we know what those bars mean. More bars is better but what is their measurement? No fucking way my ping from across the country could be considered a perfect 5/5 bars. Its misleading.

I'm asking because even with 5 bars on EVERY server in my country, I lag like shit on some, but not others. I'd love to know my actual ping to their servers so I can choose the best one when I play. Battlelog doesn't give me a number, just a dash which is not representative of anything.

GodofWine

Crashed every time I sat down and played today. One time, it crashed while I was in the main menu. It's crashing more for me now than before the latest patch. At this point I'm thinking it's hopelessly broken, and they're just slapping bandaids on a sucking chest wound.

I doubt its hopeless, I mean I can play 4 long games in a row and its smooth sailing, then one little glitch in the matrix blows it up...they just have to sort out those glitches.

The game is fun as shit...they have that in their favor...Any non A-tier shooter (aka not BF or COD) would be DOA already if it had these issues.

S1kkZ

got the game 2 days ago (ps4, psn download version):
-lost all my progress in the campaign 5 times now. currently it doesnt save the pogress at all, i need to restart the story mode everytime i turn off my ps4.
-almost every mp match that i can join and finish (which are not many...), ends with a freeze.
-95% of the time i cant get into a mp match at all.
-had 4 hardlocks, which forced me to pull the ps4 power cable, because nothing else worked.

yeah, fuck this game. i will try to get a refund from sony/psn but i am not too hopefull.

Goddammit, I was so close to finishing a full Operation Locker Rush match (final objective was about to be destroyed) and I got that fucking error.

THIS FUCKING GAME

hoserx

-lost all my progress in the campaign 5 times now. currently it doesnt save the pogress at all, i need to restart the story mode everytime i turn off my ps4.
-almost every mp match that i can join and finish (which are not many...), ends with a freeze.
-had 4 hardlocks, which forced me to pull the ps4 power cable, because nothing else worked.

yeah, fuck this game. i will try to get a refund from sony/psn but i am not too hopefull.

I've had the game since launch. I've had my save file get corrupted once in the first week of release... I have never had a match crash on me outside of conquest. I never have any problems getting into matches. I've played the game for around 40 hours and I have not had one hardlock that required pulling the plug........ I've had to hold the PS button down and exit the game of course.

Milennia

Wait.. Hardlocks and freezes? 147 hours and haven't had any of those at all..

Playing this game is the most frustrating gaming experience I've ever had. I'm doing great killing shit left and right, got 2 service stars, fuckin crash. You got to be kidding me. This happened 3 times tonight. WTF!!

Slair

Got the game on friday for £6 so i couldn't say no. Played it all night, was fine. But today, jesus fucking christ, the lag is insane. Trying to drive those little fucking jet ski's with the lag, holy shit was that a joke. Sprinting actually slows you down because for every few feet you travel you travel a foot back and controlling a mounted gun when another player is controlling the vehicle is a nightmare due to all the laggy jerky shit. This game has the fucking lowest lows of any game i can remember.

Edit: Is this because of the weekend? Official, full bar servers are lagging like fuck, had one game today that wasn't laggy, but this last one was unplayable. Moved the stick once, moved behind a pillar 3 times, got sniped by a guy that wouldn't have hit me had i not done the same thing 3 times. It's really starting to piss me off. Fucking infuriating. I want real numbers on ping for the server and every player connected. Not this 5 bar bullshit 'cause clearly it means fuck all.

Ark

Crashed 3 times in 5 hours. Once while loading into Zavod 311, another during the end-game progress screen on Operation Locker, and another just before the end of a Dawnbreaker game.

God dammit DICE.

Moostache

I have had the PS4 version since Friday night (man that download and install took FOREVER!!!) but the only crashing I have experienced is driving a jeep into a wall or cliff!

I had more disconnections on my PC version than on the PS4.

As if the CE-DICESAYSFUCKYOU error isn't bad enough, it glitches my A50s out and I have to go into settings to change the audio output back to HDMI and then back to optical to get them working again. This game is the most fun pain in the ass ever. And speaking of sound, does anyone else think that War Tapes sounds like total shit now? It's like someone yelling into a microphone. Shit just seems crunchy and over blown, especially the voices.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Wait.. Hardlocks and freezes? 147 hours and haven't had any of those at all..

Same with me. I've never experienced this before. Maybe the digital version is worse? UGH if so.

The aiming sensitivity is the worst. You might as well not even use L2.

What do you mean? Did you change it? I use the default sensitivity and it works well. L2 and R2 controls are better compared to PS3 once you get used to it.

That seems to be the case and because the server browser almost never works you can't play these maps....

I can get it to work sometimes if I deselect certain perimeters like game modes, official, normal. still fucked but at least some other modes can be selected besides QuickMatch Air Superiority.

Top Bottom