• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY CLASS GOT CANCELLED, TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! THE MAHVEL GODS HAVE SMILED UPON ME!!!!!

lBYwEDm.gif

-griffy-

Banned
This gonna be a repeat of the Fury Road thread, where we're all waiting for that first rotten up past 100 positive reviews? Then when that second rotten dropped around 150 total we had delirious meltdowns?
Qh2wITz.gif

G-Fex

Faraci gave it a good review?!?!?

It's all over folks close the thread. This is done, blow out the candles and pass the cigars.

inky

I wanna know what that Walter Chaw dude thinks about it. Hes a big fan of many of the marvel movies that I like (in and out of studio) and loved the Nolan stuff too so he'd be more analogous to my taste on this one

Plus he gave BvS a hilarious review. Shit was pretty bleak. Same score or a bit higher than AoU too which I certainly agree with

Want me to ruin him for you? He liked Pacific Rim a lot.
If it's any consolation, I think he hates Del Toro now ;P

His reviews are great fun, although he's got some really out there theories in them, hehe. Certainly looking forward to reading that one.

Shaanyboi

Banned
My director was at the premiere last night. Marvel employee bias yadda yadda whatever, but he e-mailed us just freaking out about how happy he was with it.

jmood88

This might be the first time a superhero movie has captured what superheroes should look like in hand-to-hand combat—not floating on wires or clouds of pixels, but delivering crushing blows and super-powered punches that remind us these are superbeings on earth and not cartoon characters in a video game.
Well, damn.

Man every one of these reviews are REALLY hyping that airport scene. Like its pretty much universal that particular sequence is next level in terms of action.

And considering its length for people to be that positive on it that fight must be something special

Want me to ruin him for you? He liked Pacific Rim a lot.
If it's any consolation, I think he hates Del Toro now ;P

His reviews are great fun, although he's got some really out there theories in them, hehe. Certainly looking forward to reading that one.

Walter is always a good read.
And Pac Rim is a blast. :)

Oh I love, love Pacific Rim, and Del Toro. Disco is not too fond of him I think*

*Sorry if I'm overstepping a line or making wrong assumptions here, I just mean it in fun :)

He's a dude I really want to like because his production design is off the chain but when it comes to his films....nah I ain't with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom